Deadline day (Merged Threads)

speedbump

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rossthejambo

Rangers knock back ?6.5 mil for Jelavic from Leicester.

If he was to leave they'd be in serious trouble.

rossthejambo

Celtic fail to get a work permit for Bangura. :thumbsup:

Outstanding!!

Shame there's another day for them to appeal and no doubt get the work permit before the window shuts :angry:

I can also see Rangers selling Jelavic if Leicester come back with a slightly better offer and Rangers have enough time to line up replacements. They could sign two or three players with that money and improve their squad a fair bit.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I can also see Rangers selling Jelavic if Leicester come back with a slightly better offer and Rangers have enough time to line up replacements. They could sign two or three players with that money and improve their squad a fair bit.

Is there not 1 day left? Rangers have had a nightmare trying to sign players this summer so I can't see them getting a replacement for Jelavic in 24 hours.

Lose him and they lose the league as well as the fans support.

rossthejambo

Fingers crossed they still go with their penny pinching tactics and get nobody, assuming the sale goes through in time for them to make any signings of course. :thumbsup:

Is there not 1 day left? Rangers have had a nightmare trying to sign players this summer so I can't see them getting a replacement for Jelavic in 24 hours.

Lose him and they lose the league as well as the fans support.

I think the main stumbling block in their attempts to sign players has been a lack of finance, I think there's a good number of players that'd take a move to Rangers if the money was right. They'll have a target list, if they get ?7M+ in for Jelavic I think they could go after a few of those targets and get some deals done.

It'd be good business for them, to make a decent profit on a good player and improve their squad. If they can't line up the replacements, or the money was just going to get swallowed up for whatever off-field reason, then they obviously wouldn't sell.

Morgaro Gomis

I agree partially with P-dizzle. They could probably improve their squad with the jellyfish funding.

However; do they not need that cash to pay off their outstanding taxbills? Or some of it anyway - since they do not have Champions League or Europa League money to use instead?

Yeah, if it was just going to get eaten up by paying off money they owe, then there's no chance they'd sell.

Celtic fail to get a work permit for Bangura. :thumbsup:

Sorry, someone told me it was Bangura. It's actually Diawara that's been turned down.

******* love transfer deadline day, can't wait to see all the players we're linked with over the day on here. :lol:

JamboAberdeen

McEachran on loan from Chelsea to the Jambos.

Trakys re-signing at the Giro.

Vlad doesn't deal with loan signings without permanent option.

Bollocks! I'm deeply shocked and surprised. Trakys is a perfect fit for ER and they should never have released him. A big carthorse without a shred of talent. McEachran would benefit greatly from the skill and subtlety of the Scottish game.

And you say bollocks to such clear logic.

Seething!

Plenty of things still to be resolved:

Will Owen Hargreaves sign for Man City?

Scott Parker to Spurs?

Meireles to Chelsea?

Benayoun to someone?

Will Arsenal sign anyone else?

Will Gary Cahill be going anywhere?

Will Scott Dann be sold?

Will Fulham make a big money signing: Ruiz or Cisse?

+Many more that will emerge.,

On a hearts front, there's only one question:

Will we sign anyone!?

Bert Le Clos

Said on the BBC Sport newstracker thing last night that Fulham had already agreed a deal to sign Ruiz. Nothing about it today though :ninja:

jamboinglasgow

Love this day, always good fun. I wonder if Sky Sports News can beat its weirdest moment of last window, when a reporter outside Spurs training ground quickly interviewed Harry, who was in his car about to drive away, just simply saying names of players (mostly Spanish based strikers) and Harry saying things like "he's a fantastic player." Very weird.

Only interested in Hearts. Would like to see the huns punt Jelavic without getting a replacement in.

Coburg Hearts

Am I being daft here but why do we seem to have an hour less than the EPL and the Football league till the end of the window?

We have an hour more........our window closes at midnight, according to that. The EPL closes at 2300. Hope it's not too cold before that damn window slams shut.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Are Radio Scotland doing that Chick Young 'Through the Window' malarky tonight?

I'd Pay money to watch someone put him through any window, but I'm guessing that not what you meant :ninja:

Going to be different and say I care about the Hearts news and I'm interested in all others too.

Good thread OP.

Am I being daft here but why do we seem to have an hour more than the EPL and the Football league till the end of the window?

To allow us to snap up those who dont make the 25 man squads down south :thumbsup:

I'm sure last year down south the window slammed shut at 6pm and Midnight up here so always been a differnce

No they said on their facebook page they wont do it cause nothing ever happens ( their words not mines)

from the bbc football text.

Steve, Edinburgh via text: "Never mind Hibs doing any transfer business, how about a new manager."

from the bbc football text.

Steve, Edinburgh via text: "Never mind Hibs doing any transfer business, how about a new manager."

Someone wants some attention.....

Steve_Hibees on Twitter: "My mate's neighbour has just spotted ex-Hearts star Christian Nade flying into Glasgow Airport to sign for Rangers.

jambo_ritchie1991

Only interested in Hearts. Would like to see the huns punt Jelavic without getting a replacement in.

BBC transfer updates...

Steve_Hibees on Twitter: "My mate's neighbour has just spotted ex-Hearts star Christian Nade flying into Glasgow Airport to sign for Rangers."

Please happen!! Its coming from a hibs fan so it must be true :whistling:

Harry's already been interviewed out his car window - day complete for me.

LOL

Loving the avatar too - genius.

Do The Dance

Harry's already been interviewed out his car window - day complete for me.

Haha. Just watching that now. Thought the same thing.

Greedy_Jambo

I'm only interested in Hearts aswell. Hopefully Sergio is allowed to bring a couple of his own players in to help with the new style of play he's going for.

haha class, where you hearing that?

Sky Sports Twitter feed, my twitter is going nuts. I can hardly keep up.

Archived