Deadline day (Merged Threads)

speedbump

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a big loss for the Mousers, imo.

They havea good midfield 4 just now, but a couple of injuries/suspensions might see them come unstuck.

Did Meireles go through then?

Yes -- confirmed on Chelsea web site -- deal was kept quiet until Bellamy signed and until the inevitable transfer request was released to make club feel better.

jamboinglasgow

Did they both agree he was hopeless?

I think there was a mutual agreement that both were hopeless.

Fleck and Hutton to Sheffield on loan.

Morgaro Gomis

The fans behind the reporter are especially bad at Arsenal. Especially that baldy *****.

Fozzyonthefence

meireles signs for chelsea

Aye, about an hour after he submits a transfer request - that made me laugh on SSN. What a load of pish - anyone else think that this is just a con to boost ratings for SSN? I mean why would so many professional businessmen be conducting their business in such a shambolic manner, doing transer deals in a matter of minutes and so last minute?

Templeton'sUnderpants

Aye, about an hour after he submits a transfer request - that made me laugh on SSN. What a load of pish - anyone else think that this is just a con to boost ratings for SSN? I mean why would so many professional businessmen be conducting their business in such a shambolic manner, doing transer deals in a matter of minutes and so last minute?

i would imagine like someone else posted that it was waiting till Bellamy was tied up. The transfer request is to make the fans feel a bit better probably. would imagine the deal was agreed hours ago.

Are you saying that the meedjia are exagerrating and even creating stories?

I'm shocked!!!

Beattie has contract cancelled

could we utilise him?

depending on his wage demands(he would have a cheek to set them high) he could be worth a punt

jamboinglasgow

Anyone know anything about this Calumn Tapping lad then?

http://www.skysports...7141360,00.html

Is there some info further back on this thread that I haven't bothered to read for hours... :ninja:

So has anyone seen him play for Celtic or Hamilton in the past?...

Thread further down about him.

tartofmidlothian

Went out to escape the madness, apologies if we've got these:

Royston Drenthe's joined Everton on a season long loan. He should be good for some stories.

Crouch is going to Stoke, mentioned?

Footballfirst

According to Liam McLeod, the Hobos have signed centre back Adam Mitter from Blackpool. We had him on trial with the U19s earlier this season. He played against Vale of Leithen but wasn't very good, so he should fit in well down at Lochend.

According to Liam McLeod, the Hobos have signed centre back Adam Mitter from Blackpool. We had him on trial with the U19s earlier this season. He played against Vale of Leithen but wasn't very good, so he should fit in well down at Lochend.

Wondered who he was....

Adam Shitter then. ;)

the reason behind it is because if footballers sign early in the summer the team that signs them pays thier wages all summer thats why signings get made late

Walter Kovacs

The -reason- is that a lot of clubs are waiting to see who becomes available before dipping their toes in. It's a domino effect. If one club buys a centre midfielder, then their fringe midfielder becomes available. Another club bids for him, so -they- then have an unhappy player who's going to be replaced, and another team comes in for him. Palacios, for example, wasn't allowed to leave for Stoke until Parker was through the door. Bassong was supposed to go to QPR but, because the Cahill to Tottenham deal fell through, he had to be kept. It's based on frantic circumstance. There's no conspiracy, and it's nothing to do with wages.

Archived