SERIOUSLY...sold out

diehardJT

davemclaren

She's only been a Hearts fan since she met me, about 18 months ago. Goes when she can.

Turned from a Hun.

I don't think you need to justify taking your partner to the game mate. :ninja:

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ribery's Face

I don't think you need to justify taking your partner to the game mate. :ninja:

agreed :thumbsup:

A new 25000 seater stadium near Tynecastle would have been handy for this game :whistling:

Or the new super stand :ninja:

We are a sleeping giant,we all know it,Heart of Midlothian has real potential IMO.

The demand is there,and as we seen i 05/06,when we are consistently good,the glory hunters/arm chair stay,but of course they do start to drop off when the team does. But it is there,and maybe we if we do well against Tottenham Hotspur and over the coming months in the league we will start to more of a demand in tickets generally?

She's only been a Hearts fan since she met me, about 18 months ago. Goes when she can.

Turned from a Hun.

Your place in Heaven is assured :thumbsup:

For what ive heard hearts wanted the cash in asap so they can sign a decent player in time for the game against spurs not sure how true it would be

It would be completely untrue, as any player we sign now would not be eligible to play.

Ribery's Face

For what ive heard hearts wanted the cash in asap so they can sign a decent player in time for the game against spurs not sure how true it would be

Now i am a fan of a bit of the old ITK but this is just complete bullsheet. For one as stated before they would be ineligable to play against spurs. and for two if he was wanting to sign a decent player romaov would have to give the money, nothing to do with tickets sales. so for that reason im out. :angry:

Don't get this, it may be harsh on people with loyalty points that they can't get a ticket BUT everyone who doesn't have a season ticket had a fair chance, i have a season ticket so I'm not in that position however i don't see why priority should be given to people not attending games on a weekly basis.

Mac_fae_Gillie

Never a great fan of Murryfield but playing an EPL side is the time to do it.

School holidays are in full swing with many Jambos abroad/away but all would be back for the 25th,not 1 of these had a chance of a Tynie ticket.

Biggest doubt on Murryfield is atmosphere,I was at Preston and Southampton atmosphere is no issue Vs an english club its a natural to get you involved.

And still been in festival season/tourist season a little of the slack would have been taken up by these.

Not to mention the low amount given to Spurs who could do likewise to us,we could muster 5k-6k if everyone knew they had chance of ticket.

Sorry to say I think Hearts have messed up again,CT,Obuas passport now this.Large amount of GLORY hunters will shut out our regular support,those that have tickets will no doubt have a great night but all Jambos deseave the chance.

What I found most disgusting is that people were given tickets on a discretionary basis. I heard people were getting 7 at a time.

Disgusting. We are all loyal to the club but the club (like most nowadays) show no loyalty to us.

I think the tickets for WHL should go firstly to the 300 that spent a fortune and travelled to hungary.

But that's probably too decent a thing to do.

The SFA do it. They give the tickets to the people that travel to Estonia and Latvia on a cold Wednesday night first.

hobo on hibs net going Ditto.

I am planning to go to this game, in the home end, with my Hibs shirt on!

YIDDO, YIDDO, YIDDO, YIDDO

hobo on hibs net going Ditto.

I am planning to go to this game, in the home end, with my Hibs shirt on!

YIDDO, YIDDO, YIDDO, YIDDO

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't know if this has ben mentioned already but there are tickets for sale on EBAY. Whoever is selling them should never be allowed to buy another ticket

The SFA do it. They give the tickets to the people that travel to Estonia and Latvia on a cold Wednesday night first.

Yes, they have a similar points system however it's not without its flaws.

I for example have travelled to 3 away games over the past year and don't have any points. They do however actually keep tally of the points properly.

I just nipped down to Tynie about an hour to pick my tickets up and asked the girl about WHL. She said that she's not sure when they're going to go on sale "probably next weekend" but she did know that we only had 1800 and they will be going by loyalty points.

All well and good, those who travel around the country should get a ticket. I've got next to no chance however as I never ever really bothered with loyalty points, which is my own fault and tend just to pay at the gate at away games. When booking tickets last season I could never remember my membership so would just create another account each time. As a result I have about 8 different accounts all with a handful of points on them, plus this season's account which has under 30.

Not going to moan about it though, totally my own fault and will just have to keep an ear to the ground for any spares going. There will be people like me in a similar position who never got a ticket for Tyne and I did, so I'm grateful for what I got.

BoJack Horseman

I think people are missing the point now.

Let's forget about 'if you wanted a ticket you would have got one', 'the ST holders are the most important and they got their seats', 'I'm a true fan and you're not', 'you've got not right to complain if you're not a ST holder' and let's just discuss the shambles that was the distribution system that HMFC used to sell these tickets.

Here's the facts;

•  
  • Season Ticket Holders have been given one week to purchase their seat at a discounted price (great, Hearts, this is an obvious step and one that no one is complaining about)
  • The General Sale was open from 10am to anyone with an internet connection, a phone line or 2 legs and a close proximity to the TO
  • Tickets were available to anyone, regardless of their affiliation to the club
  • Tickets were available to anyone, regardless of previous buying history
  • You could buy up to TEN tickets at the Ticket Office
  • You could buy up to SIX tickets online
  • Non-Hearts fans HAVE bought tickets (these include fans of them down the road and them across the M8)
  • Actual Hearts fans have missed out due to Non-Hearts fans snapping up tickets
  • Tickets ARE being sold on eBay
  • Tickets ARE being sold at inflated prices
  • Tickets HAVE been bought with the intent of touting
  • HMFC put no system in place to prevent this

Now, I get that most of the ST holders here are struggling to get up in arms about fans on this forum missing out on tickets because they believe if they were true Hearts fans and really wanted a ticket you would have got one. Forgetting this, surely there's grounds to be a little peeved that you could potentially be sitting next to Neutral supports who have no intention of going to see the famous, and rather are there purely to catch a glimpse of some EPL tottie.

This could all have been avoided by limiting sales to 4 per person and to those that have previous buying history with the club. Yes, as has been mentioned, some would still have missed out but the amount of neutrals that are going along would be greatly diminished and I doubt there would be many complaints as of now.

Great, you got your ticket, but no one can deny that the whole system was a shambles. What was to stop Tottenham fans snapping up tickets in the Home end? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

The People's Chimp

One of my mates (rangers fan) and 3/4 of his mates pretty sure they support Motherwell or Rangers all managed to book online! Between them they have about 7 tickets! Shocking this has been allowed to happen. These guys have never been in the Hearts end before at a home game.

That is outrageous. An absolute disgrace. Was out last night and was asked by loads of folk, 95% of whom weren't hearts fans, about tickets for the game. "sold out mate..."

Also, I can't believe that there was no limit on the number of tickets you could buy. It should have been two per person, max.

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

I take it shareholders/folk off the federation will be bringing this farce up at the next AGM or meeting aye?

Obviously they're not going to listen to us because they haven't cared in ages but if it makes someone in charge of this mess uncomfortable for a few seconds then that'll do me.

scott_jambo

I take it shareholders/folk off the federation will be bringing this farce up at the next AGM or meeting aye?

Obviously they're not going to listen to us because they haven't cared in ages but if it makes someone in charge of this mess uncomfortable for a few seconds then that'll do me.

This better be fixed for the Europea League stages. thumbsup.gif

jamboblair17

Let's forget about 'if you wanted a ticket you would have got one', 'the ST holders are the most important and they got their seats', 'I'm a true fan and you're not', 'you've got not right to complain if you're not a ST holder' and let's just discuss the shambles that was the distribution system that HMFC used to sell these tickets.

Here's the facts;

•  
  • Season Ticket Holders have been given one week to purchase their seat at a discounted price (great, Hearts, this is an obvious step and one that no one is complaining about)
  • The General Sale was open from 10am to anyone with an internet connection, a phone line or 2 legs and a close proximity to the TO
  • Non-Hearts fans HAVE bought tickets (these include fans of them down the road and them across the M8)

Now, I get that most of the ST holders here are struggling to get up in arms about fans on this forum missing out on tickets because they believe if they were true Hearts fans and really wanted a ticket you would have got one. Forgetting this, surely there's grounds to be a little peeved that you could potentially be sitting next to Neutral supports who have no intention of going to see the famous, and rather are there purely to catch a glimpse of some EPL tottie.

This could all have been avoided by limiting sales to 4 per person and to those that have previous buying history with the club. Yes, as has been mentioned, some would still have missed out but the amount of neutrals that are going along would be greatly diminished and I doubt there would be many complaints as of now.

Great, you got your ticket, but no one can deny that the whole system was a shambles. What was to stop Tottenham fans snapping up tickets in the Home end? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Bang on! couldn't have said it better myself

Here's the facts;

Their argument will be timescales although I'm not sure how on earth they can blame time constraints given that every single available ticket went in about 3 hours or something. If they can announce at 2pm on the Friday that tickets will go on sale 19 hours later or whatever, they clearly have ample time to phase these things over a couple of days throughout the week available to ST holders. Absolute nonsense if they say otherwise. It just smacks of laziness and money grabbing with absolutely no concern for the non-ST holder fans. :oldsad:

There are plenty of ways they could have taken care of these fans, they chose not to for whatever reason.

You could always send Serg an informal message on facebook

Serge

Maybe suggest that anyone with excess tickets contact the club abd have them re-sold. I'm sure some have bought with the intention of making a few bucks but maybe now they are feeling a bit shan after all the controversy with Hearts fans missing out.

At the very least Hearts may learn from this and stop it happening again.

It would be completely untrue, as any player we sign now would not be eligible to play.

we have until Thursday

Guest C00l K1d

Kind of in the same boat as the OP.

Would be missing about 2/3 of the games due to work but try to make as many games as i can.

Pretty gutted i couldn't get a ticket but shit happens lol

for a big club to make such a mess of their ticketing policy is baffling...surely a big club with years of european experience and a fan base of 400,000 have the ability and technical expertise to make sure only fans on the club database get tickets for such an exceptional match...as a previous poster states..hearts loyalty is only from the fans towards the club but not from the club towards the fans..as it is,i have a ticket for the match in the home end despite the fact that i will be rooting for spurs...blame my jambo pal who got 6 tickets knowing that a few of his non jambo mates would like to see spurs...whatever accusations you care to level at your neighbours across the city it is a fact that this mess wouldn't have happened over at easter road as they have a strict policy on selling home tickets to those on the clubs database...maybe hearts could learn something from hibs in the art of 'looking efter their ain'

for a big club to make such a mess of their ticketing policy is baffling...surely a big club with years of european experience and a fan base of 400,000 have the ability and technical expertise to make sure only fans on the club database get tickets for such an exceptional match...as a previous poster states..hearts loyalty is only from the fans towards the club but not from the club towards the fans..as it is,i have a ticket for the match in the home end despite the fact that i will be rooting for spurs...blame my jambo pal who got 6 tickets knowing that a few of his non jambo mates would like to see spurs...whatever accusations you care to level at your neighbours across the city it is a fact that this mess wouldn't have happened over at easter road as they have a strict policy on selling home tickets to those on the clubs database...maybe hearts could learn something from hibs in the art of 'looking efter their ain'

Despite being an obvious wind up. This hobo does make a good point.

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Given only about 6 of you turn up these days, it's not hard to"look after your ain"

Patrick Bateman

I'd rather Hearts went bust than copied anything Vermin FC business model. Go on, please openly route for Spurs; it's the only opportunity a Leslie like yourself has to see your team beat ours. Now, slither away like a good peasant.

Hearts have handled this one appallingly and have lost the chance of drawing back fairweather supporters in favour of blowing their load in hours. This game was always going to sell out and the amateurs in charge of HMFC ticketing need to be repremanded for this and the last fiasco at the Dundee United game. It's a matter of great embarrasment that nobody at Hearts seems willing to take responsibility. Now, I never thought I'd say this, but I doubt this would have happened were Lawrence Broadie or Campbell Oglevie still at the club. Hearts really need to waken up to some long term business sense.

And when was the last time Hibs found themselves anywhere near a sell-out conundrum exactly? :laugh:

Chance would be a fine thing. You hibbies with your ifs and buts, you're a hoot....

Presumably you'll be "rooting for Spurs" in silence? Or you enjoy sitting for 105 minutes in a crowd of people likely to contain people who will abuse you verbally or physically?

I can't understand why someone like you would want to contribute money to Hearts and sit in the Hearts end for this game. Can you enlighten me?

When was the last time they sold out the home end over there! Please wear your spurs/hibs top at the game!

King of the North

Presumably you'll be "rooting for Spurs" in silence? Or you enjoy sitting for 105 minutes in a crowd of people likely to contain people who will abuse you verbally or physically?

I can't understand why someone like you would want to contribute money to Hearts and sit in the Hearts end for this game. Can you enlighten me?

Perhaps the unusual experience of being in a packed football stadium will get this young man so excited that he gives himself away, and [Mod Edit]. We can but hope...

If this character had any decency he would tell his mate (what a p.rick he is, by the way, depriving a hearts fan to sort out his hobo mate) to give the ticket to a Hearts fan.

Archived