SERIOUSLY...sold out

diehardJT

We knew who we were playing but on the website it said "ticket details to follow". Then a I done pretty much work sleep work and missed out as it was all done so quickly.

Plus I'm not asking for your sympathy you doughball, I'm merely stressing the concerns of (hundreds by the sounds of it) the fans who do not have a ST and are missing out.

People were always going to miss out. However even if hearts had made it season ticket holders and loyalty point holders only you would have still missed out. You know why ? Because you done ****all about getting a ticket so I think I know who the "doughball" is.

My own seat is guaranteed and I managed to get online yesterday morning to get seats for my 3 kids no problem.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jam Tarts 1874

If you were to sit down and think of the worst possible way to distribute tickets for this game, then I doubt you could do any worse than the solution that Hearts put in place. It really is an extremely poor piece of decision making. I have been buying tickets for our big games for nearly 40 years and can't remember anything as stupid, irresponsible and unfair and this one by a long way.

There are now hundreds of tickets out there that will without doubt be sold on the blackmarket, thereby leaving Hearts in a position where they have no clue as to who will be turning up on the night. As many of the non-season ticket seats are in the Roseburn End next to the away sections one can only assume that some degree of crowd trouble will ensue due to Spurs' fans being in with Hearts fans in the home sections of that end.

I also have to say that any so called Hearts fan who has been buying up excess tickets to sell on at a profit on E-Bay is nothing but a low-life piece of excrament.

Bollocks, I go to as many games as I can. Folk think they are so high and mighty because they have a ST. I am 27 and I had a season ticket at tynecastle from 1988 till 2009. Which was me buying it myself from the age of 17.

Jeez I was the guy with a mouthful of falkirk turf in my mouth after our over exuberant celebrations had the billboards giving up the ghost in our last trip to Falkirk. Theres not many folk on here my age that can say they've shown as much financial support to the club as I have over the years. Does this mean I'm not a "real" fan because I have not got a ST now. I'm not getting into "i'm a better fan than you" competition. Away and bile yer heid!

Exactly having an ST is for home games only there are many members of supporters buses who go home and away religously without having an st and these guys/girls in my opinion are true fans.

Exactly having an ST is for home games only there are many members of supporters buses who go home and away religously without having an st and these guys/girls in my opinion are true fans.

As far as the club is concerned, the primary true/real/most important fans are the one's that buy season tickets.

It's the club's primary income generator.

I appreciate that due to circumstances people can't afford the one off payment for a season ticket. But the club also has to balance the future customer base as well. Which it does by offering discounts for certain games, freebies etc.

Since when did the TO allow you to buy 10 tickets for what is guaranteed to be an oversubscribed fixture

( ala Cup Final etc )

Absolute nonsense :down:

Try actually reading the thread - the argument is not about Season Ticket holders, it's about those without Season Tickets.

These people earn Loyalty Points (as do all fans who actively support Hearts) to recognise and reward their loyalty to the Club. Today that loyalty shown by these fans has been completely ignored by Hearts, who sold handfuls of tickets to anyone who asked, by phone, online, or in person.

You seem to want a medal to go with your Season Ticket, and your Spurs ticket. All these people are asking for is that Hearts actually apply Hearts own system, this is what it's for. They have every right to feel let down and angry that the Club ignored it's own procedures, causing them to lose out.

Sorry you find this too difficult a situation to comprehend. :blink:

I addressed that in my first sentence. One sentence that I left as a separate paragraph before going off on a tangent...and you accuse me of failing to comprehend.

It's obvious why Hearts wanted the match sold out quickly. I stated it in my first post on this thread - so they can negotiate a better TV deal. If the match is sold out and there is still demand to see the game then TV companies offer ???????????

As far as the club is concerned, the primary true/real/most important fans are the one's that buy season tickets.

It's the club's primary income generator.

I appreciate that due to circumstances people can't afford the one off payment for a season ticket. But the club also has to balance the future customer base as well. Which it does by offering discounts for certain games, freebies etc.

[/quote

Yep I take your point but as a past season ticket holder I never once thought I had the right to criticise any other hearts fans on how many games they attended or whether I was a better fan because of it, everyone's circumstances are different but in most cases were there to support hmfc in equal measure!

Tommy Wiseau

Folk thinking it's all well and good for Hearts to sell 6/10 tickets a time to Johnny Stranger off the street who doesnae even support Hearts :Vlad-Stupid:

[/quote

Yep I take your point but as a past season ticket holder I never once thought I had the right to criticise any other hearts fans on how many games they attended or whether I was a better fan because of it, everyone's circumstances are different but in most cases were there to support hmfc in equal measure!

I'm in no way saying who is or isn't a better fan. But the club has to use some sort of system to determine how to allocate tickets and the purchase of a season ticket will always be the primary lead scoring system.

If I had 2 gripes with the system it would be

1) The 2/3 season cut off prejudicies long standing season tickets holders.

2) I don't trust anyone's points are a true reflection of what they deserve. Now we have our cust reference number / smart cards staff should ask for them with every transaction you use at the club.

I'd also introduce a membership system where fans who can't go to games due to whatever reason are rewarded LPs through merchandise they buy.

Chris Benoit

I'll have to check with Mr Benoit as he got our tickets but how could some random get tickets on line, I thought they'd need to log in first meaning they have a profile?

I was wondering this myself, I got mine through my Hearts e-ticket account with ticketmaster but i'm guessing any random with a normal ticketmaster account could get them online?

It's not a case of criticising people for not buying STs - there are plenty of valid reasons. It is people who claim past ST ownership as entitling them to better treatment than Joe Public. Loyalty points probably once had a purpose as in the first year or two you could easily tell who was supporting the club even without an ST, but there will now be thousands of people who have Loyalty points and unless the older ones have rolling expiration then there will still be more potential buyers than there are tickets. Yet if that is to be mooted as "fair" how would the people saying "I had an ST up until 2008" react? You simply cannot please all the people all the time. So Hearts have conducted a quick sale on basis that those most wanting tickets will find a way to get them, and can now go off and sell TV rights to a sold-out match that still more people want to see...

Chris Benoit

Folk thinking it's all well and good for Hearts to sell 6/10 tickets a time to Johnny Stranger off the street who doesnae even support Hearts :Vlad-Stupid:

I know, I got the 2 I needed for me and Malky and never considered buying any more. Don't know how any Hearts fan would rather see some random day tripper at the game rather than a real supporter.

Does anyone actually think that ?

I stood in the que yesterday for 2 and a half hours, I was probably one of the last people to get tickets, 2 of them, although there was alot of people walking out with 5-10 tickets alot of these people had 5-10 ST smart cards as well. At the end of the day there is no way Hearts could guarantee the sale of tickets to loyalty points holders with the most points. The club as soon as they realised that they were going to sell out quick closed the ticketmaster link and put the message up on the phones that it was sold out, so the people in the que outside, the folk that BOTHERED to get out of bed and stand for them got them, Not many neautrls got tickets online, so dont believe the hype, the folk that qued up were Hearts fans pure and simple.... gutted for those that didn't get tickets for whatever reason or excuse, but please dont blame the club you have nobody to blame but yourself. 1st thing I did when I found out the draw was find out when tickets went on sale as 3000 other folk obviously did in the que's. Anyway stuff to do before Fir Park :)

the windae cleaner

I agree with the sentiments in this thread.

However, remember, this isn't cup final tickets where the club has weeks and weeks to sort out phasing the sales through various stages.

We play Spurs in 12 days. Yes, 12 days!

To phase it to uber fairness would have likely been impossible.

Basically, ST holders have a week and all other tickets = free for all, was probably the best Hearts could do with the 12 days left.

agreed end of the day if it was me i would have took day off work queued and got tickets

hearts wanted these tickets gone fast :ermm:

tickets were easy to get online if you got out of bed !!! if you realy wanted a ticket for this game you could have got one. what do you want the ticket office to do reserve a pile of tickets for lazy ba*****s who cant be bothered motivating themselves to get one on the day then moan about it later.any real jambo has tickets !!!

as for your bird being in full time education and your skint tell her to get a part time job and stop being a mug and keeping her then you might afford a ticket for the biggest game in years !

I stood in the que yesterday for 2 and a half hours, I was probably one of the last people to get tickets, 2 of them, although there was alot of people walking out with 5-10 tickets alot of these people had 5-10 ST smart cards as well. At the end of the day there is no way Hearts could guarantee the sale of tickets to loyalty points holders with the most points. The club as soon as they realised that they were going to sell out quick closed the ticketmaster link and put the message up on the phones that it was sold out, so the people in the que outside, the folk that BOTHERED to get out of bed and stand for them got them, Not many neautrls got tickets online, so dont believe the hype, the folk that qued up were Hearts fans pure and simple.... gutted for those that didn't get tickets for whatever reason or excuse, but please dont blame the club you have nobody to blame but yourself. 1st thing I did when I found out the draw was find out when tickets went on sale as 3000 other folk obviously did in the que's. Anyway stuff to do before Fir Park :)

Why is it getting out of bed and going to the TO seemingly entitles you to a ticket more than those who bought online or by phone?

The club offer 3 ticketing methods and encourage people to use them all. Why should people online or on phone be penalised for using one of these methods?

I really don't get this argument I am afraid. Its almost as if people are saying they should be rewarded for using the most inefficient method.

williamgerrard

For what ive heard hearts wanted the cash in asap so they can sign a decent player in time for the game against spurs not sure how true it would be

Dagger Is Back

The point is that it was always going to sell out. Every ticket would have sold regardless of the system they chose so it would make sense to at least reward repeat customers. Those that have paid to see Hearts in the past and just aren't there to see Spurs.

Literally anyone with an internet connection could go online from 10am this morning and buy up to 6 tickets. Anyone.

Sorry I didn't realise that. That is an incredibly stupid thing for HMFC to do. I thought the sale whether in person or online was only for ST holders at this stage. Still don't fully understand why someone without a HMFC e tickets profile could grab one.

Stupid stupid thing for HMFC to do.

Can understand the fury. On that basis I do not trust HMFC to do the right thing when it comes to the away leg!

Dean Winchester

tickets were easy to get online if you got out of bed !!! if you realy wanted a ticket for this game you could have got one. what do you want the ticket office to do reserve a pile of tickets for lazy ba*****s who cant be bothered motivating themselves to get one on the day then moan about it later.any real jambo has tickets !!!

as for your bird being in full time education and your skint tell her to get a part time job and stop being a mug and keeping her then you might afford a ticket for the biggest game in years !

:vrface:

What most people wanted was for them to at least use loyalty points or a purchase history to ensure only Hearts fans and people who have been to games before got tickets. There is a huge number of non-Hearts fans going to this game and it's fairly sickening for fans that have travelled to the game but couldn't make it down to the ticket office at 10am on a Saturday morning with only a days notice.

totally agree its 2011 for gods sake who stands in a massive queue when a click of the mouse from your livingroom gets you a ticket in 5 minutes.

just thinking if you can sit and post your regrets on here for not getting a ticket why did you not go online yesterday and buy one ?

Cardiac Rucksack

I missed out due to my own stupidity. season ticket money with hearts but i havent picked a seat. I should get a ticket somewhere for this though and more importantly a ticket for the away leg.

Anyone with half a brain cell realised that the phone lines and internet would be jammed.... I never said standing in a que entitles me to a ticket more than you... but i did however get out of bed, get dressed and get my tickets, it may not have been he most convient way but come the 18th i doubt i'll be moaning about the 2 n a half ours i spent waiting in line, getting the craic with other Jambos and then actually sharing a pint with the 3 or 4 guys around me in the que in the Tynie Arms after. :-)

This is disgusting, I was working until 10pm on friday night then got up saturday morning at 6 for my 7am to 5pm shift and come home to see all these glory hunting *******s have got tickets and its sold out. (I know a lot of u are not but you know what I'm saying here) I cant get a season ticket as I work some weekends but I have racks of hearts loyalty points but any fud was allowed to go online and pretty much get as many tickets as they liked. The stadium will be full of non hearts fans/wives/girlfriends/pals that have never stepped foot in tynie. But I miss out because I wasn't watching for a 12 hour notice for tickets.

I'm so pissed off its unbelievable, why hearts decided to sell the tickets in such a rush is beyond me. It was always gonna be a sellout but instead of making it fair for the majority that actually bother to go to the games (like the pish I endured last sunday) they just get the cash in quick.

Is nobody else in the same situation?

I was hoping to get a full house of hearts fans singing their lungs out and intimidating the feck out of the londoners! What we are going to get instead is a very good atmosphere (on par with a rangers/celtic game) and a lot of wives/girlfriends/parents/inlaws asking "what happened?" everytime they hear a roar. I dont care if this has been posted by hundreds of others but I'm no happy and I am venting..........

oh, and yes I'm very happy for all you "I got my tickets" folk, no seriously I am. Wish I were you.

sorry to hear that mate - theres alway WHL on the 25/8/11 :thumbsup:

PauloSergioBentoBrito

The game never sold out immediately, if you were really wanting a ticket and had a brain you would have infact been waiting on the site before 10 am.

If you couldn't because you were working or whatever....

Get someone else to do it. :ninja:

davemclaren

The game never sold out immediately, if you were really wanting a ticket and had a brain you would have infact been waiting on the site before 10 am.

If you couldn't because you were working or whatever....

Get someone else to do it. :ninja:

That would have just compressed the overall demand over a shorter period. Clearly, no more people would have got tickets.

Anyone with half a brain cell realised that the phone lines and internet would be jammed.... I never said standing in a que entitles me to a ticket more than you... but i did however get out of bed, get dressed and get my tickets, it may not have been he most convient way but come the 18th i doubt i'll be moaning about the 2 n a half ours i spent waiting in line, getting the craic with other Jambos and then actually sharing a pint with the 3 or 4 guys around me in the que in the Tynie Arms after. :-)

The phone lines and online were busy but working.

I've not heard of any fans who tried either of these avenues around 10am not getting a ticket.

I woke up at 9:50am went online and got my tickets. Much easier.

You seem to have some sort of ego that getting up and going to the TO makes you a better fan. I'd actually suggest its the opposite as those having to go to the TO are probably the ones without customer numbers and unable to use the other facillities hence have no choice.

We all know Vlad liked to sack a manager after a so called bad performance. If this approach applies to all staff at his club then the ticker office manager should currently be sweating profusely.

This has been an absolute shambles by the club. I know a few guys who are regulars who have missed out and seems there are more posting here. Gutted for them all.

Dean Winchester

Out of the 3ish thousand tickets sold how many went to non Hearts fans? Not many I wager. :cool_shades:

I personally know of at least 10 going now who aren't Hearts fans. It's rather depressing as far as I'm concerned.

The phone lines and online were busy but working.

I've not heard of any fans who tried either of these avenues around 10am not getting a ticket.

I woke up at 9:50am went online and got my tickets. Much easier.

You seem to have some sort of ego that getting up and going to the TO makes you a better fan. I'd actually suggest its the opposite as those having to go to the TO are probably the ones without customer numbers and unable to use the other facillities hence have no choice.

Not at all, I went to the ticket office because its around the corner, I dont have a landline phone so wasnt sitting on my mobile racking up a bill! I went online at 10am the page took an age to load. I dont get this joe bloggs of the street argument, there is no way people without loyalty points stood in line yesterday and got tickets, you need at least 3 or 4 to get OF and Hibs tickets which means you have been to atleast 3 games recently or you had to buy enough tickets for other games BEFORE the spurs game to get a spurs ticket, if that was the case yesterday then the club really must have made a fortune. I have no ego about getting a ticket I just dont get the bleeting about apparent REAL fans not getting one, plenty ways to get them yesterday :)

Out of the 3ish thousand tickets sold how many went to non Hearts fans? Not many I wager. :cool_shades:

Agreed the the number sold to non Hearts fans will be relatively low, just as the number bought deliberately to resell will be relatively low, but that's only part of the issue.

Many loyal (are we allowed to say that? :whistling: ) Hearts fans who have spent a lot of time, effort, and money supporting the team, will miss out on tickets. Tickets which will go to folks friends, family, and "fans" who couldn't find Tynecastle in the back of a black cab with sat-nav!

The whole idea of Loyalty Points was to reward loyalty, and that most definitely has not happened this time.

Tommy Wiseau

Not at all, I went to the ticket office because its around the corner, I dont have a landline phone so wasnt sitting on my mobile racking up a bill! I went online at 10am the page took an age to load. I dont get this joe bloggs of the street argument, there is no way people without loyalty points stood in line yesterday and got tickets, you need at least 3 or 4 to get OF and Hibs tickets which means you have been to atleast 3 games recently or you had to buy enough tickets for other games BEFORE the spurs game to get a spurs ticket, if that was the case yesterday then the club really must have made a fortune. I have no ego about getting a ticket I just dont get the bleeting about apparent REAL fans not getting one, plenty ways to get them yesterday :)

Read the thread please. You could buy as many tickets as you wanted for the game with no purchase history and no questions asked. Loyalty points had feck all to do with it. That's why there were Celtic fans putting tickets up on Ebay yesterday and that's why folk have bought 8/10 tickets that they never needed.

Cheers.

Chris Benoit

Wish I'd got more tickets yesterday, I'm sure I'd be a better judge on who to give the tickets to than the club.

Matthew Le Tissier

Turned up to que at 9am hour 40mins later 2tickets. Reason i went dwn no laptop and no money on bank card. People were buying 6 or 8 at a time. Loyalty Points should have been used.

ChemicalJambo

Problem is we've not had this demand for a game in years

The membership scheme was cancelled in 2008, people saying recent games missing in their loyalty points so is it the case the loyalty system is not being used any more? Which means we'll have the same problems if when we get into the group stages. Opportunity missed by Hearts, could have said buy Paksi tickets and gaurantee next round

Whats daft is being able to buy unlimted tickets, a limit of 4 would have helped a lot people. Hearts had the ticket office open 10-4 and on Sunday 10-2, they have totally misjudged the demand

But what I find quite funny is all the people going along to see Bale, Modric etc rather than Hearts will be sorely disappointed as arry has already said he's using the youth team in the europa cup :D

Allowayjambo1874

Being allowed to purchase 10 tickets at a time was a mistake but look at at from HMFC point of view, ST holders are catered for as their seats were reserved so rather than having 1500 phone calls, people in queue's or internet sales they could sell it out in an hour and a half and it's easy for the ticket office.

I personally worked a 9 hour night shift then stayed up for 3 hours to make sure I got my 2 tickets. If you wanted one you surely could've sorted it out that morning? I am sorry for the guys who couldn't because of computer problems but that's hardly the club's fault.

I also don't believe hundred's will be going to non supporters, maybe a couple of dozen at most but that'll happen no matter what.

ST holders have 'til next Saturday to get a ticket yes? If so, i might get a couple if i can find time during the week.

Read the thread please. You could buy as many tickets as you wanted for the game with no purchase history and no questions asked. Loyalty points had feck all to do with it. That's why there were Celtic fans putting tickets up on Ebay yesterday and that's why folk have bought 8/10 tickets that they never needed.

Cheers.

hope the feckers get left them

When you phoned it was press ABC etc then cut you off..

Not always, I think it depended on how busy the lines were. I eventually joined as queue, which turned out to be a queue for a queue.

After an hour I got someone and ordered my season ticket seat plus one other. I done this whilst queueing outside the ticket office, so decided to try both options.

I would have done it on-line, but was out and about, so I went to the ticket office instead, expecting a queue, but not such a big one.

just phoned up to get the game on my season ticket.

looking forward to sitting in amongst the thousands of non-hearts fans at the game. i'll be the best only hearts fan there by all accounts.

:smuggy:

Ribery's Face

Don't really have much sympathy for some of those complaining on this thread. Majority of 'Die hards' will be ST holders who have their seats bagged if they want them anyway. I dont even know what a loyalty point was untill today; as far as im concerned if you really REALLY wanted a ticket for the Spurs home match, you could have got one. I did and i got one.

Seems like most of the people who missed out are the moaners who just annoy F^*k out of folk at the game anyway.

this this and most certainly this!!!

So, out of the 1 Saturday in 4 that she's been available, she's managed to get to maybe 7 or 8 Hearts games in her lifetime?

She's only been a Hearts fan since she met me, about 18 months ago. Goes when she can.

Turned from a Hun.

Ribery's Face

If you went online at 10, what time did you get to the ticket office becuase if you were there any later than 10am then i would imagine that there was no chance of you getting a ticket, the ques were massive before the ticket office even opened and they sold out at about 11:30.

Archived