SERIOUSLY...sold out

diehardJT

Was actually empathising with a few folk on here until the sexist comments.... some "birds" make an effort to go to as many games as possible and actually know the offside rule.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doctor FinnBarr

First of all, how are the club to know you even want to go to the game? Are they going to sit around and wait for you to book your ticket(s), also as disgusting as it is to have supporters of other clubs getting tickets, again the club don't know all. Yes It feels unfair, of course it does, however this is no doubt the kind of reply you will get if you complained. I myself have never held a season ticket (as much as I would love to) for many reasons and lucky if I get to half the games over the season but clubs won't give special treatment to you or me over anyone else.

We're only asking that the club use "buying history" in this sort of instance instead of selling to Tom Dick or Harry!

Or should that be Pat Mick or Mason?

:verymad:

51 Shirts -Moments in Time

Hearts capacity is 18000. Average attendance 14184. If the general sale had been limited to two per person would this have satisfied the demand of non season ticket holders who make perhaps half the home games a season? It means there are roughly 3000 - 5000 seats empty non category A games. I can realise people's frustration at not getting a ticket, but at the same time Hearts wanted to make sure that they get as much revenue as possible. I think they could hVe handled it better but they where never going to be able to please everyone.

Dagger Is Back

One of my mates (rangers fan) and 3/4 of his mates pretty sure they support Motherwell or Rangers all managed to book online! Between them they have about 7 tickets! Shocking this has been allowed to happen. These guys have never been in the Hearts end before at a home game.

Sorry but I don't get this. How did a non HMFC ST holder go online and book tickets? Am I being thick here?

Probably

Dagger Is Back

Same Same. Have followed Hearts since 1965 but no ST for the past seven years due to change of job involving shifts especially at weekends, however I go regularly home and away when off with my son who also works weekends and he has no ST for same reasons. Both of us at the Paks game, both of us working today, were we able to get tickets? No.

pissed off? yes, the main reason being that my son said some of his mates got tickets today and they have never been to Tynie b4 but wanted to go and see Spurs, not Hearts, but Spurs. So, non Jambos sitting in Hearts section to watch Tottenham, Just wrong.

Surely the only reason at this stage for a non Jambo having a seat at the game is because a Jambo got it for them. The fault therefore lies with that fecking Jambo.

Sorry but I don't get this. How did a non HMFC ST holder go online and book tickets? Am I being thick here?

Probably

Anyone could go online this morning and book non-season ticket seats.

BoJack Horseman

Hearts capacity is 18000. Average attendance 14184. If the general sale had been limited to two per person would this have satisfied the demand of non season ticket holders who make perhaps half the home games a season? It means there are roughly 3000 - 5000 seats empty non category A games. I can realise people's frustration at not getting a ticket, but at the same time Hearts wanted to make sure that they get as much revenue as possible. I think they could hVe handled it better but they where never going to be able to please everyone.

The point is that it was always going to sell out. Every ticket would have sold regardless of the system they chose so it would make sense to at least reward repeat customers. Those that have paid to see Hearts in the past and just aren't there to see Spurs.

Probably

Surely the only reason at this stage for a non Jambo having a seat at the game is because a Jambo got it for them. The fault therefore lies with that fecking Jambo.

Literally anyone with an internet connection could go online from 10am this morning and buy up to 6 tickets. Anyone.

Should have been limited to ST holders and those with previous buying history with a 2 ticket cap. Not sure what there is to be discussed. Hearts fecked up.

Seriously peeved off, I know of a hibby who got a ticket, yet I couldn't get one and I used to be a season ticket holder, but because of work I couldn't continue going every week

Was actually empathising with a few folk on here until the sexist comments.... some "birds" make an effort to go to as many games as possible and actually know the offside rule.

What a cheek.. :angry:

The offside rule explained for girls:

You're in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the till. Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have.

The 'opposing' female shopper in front of you has seen them also and is eyeing them with desire.

Both of you have forgotten your purses.

It would be totally rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes.

The shop assistant remains at the till waiting.

Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma.

She prepares to throw her purse to you.

If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk round the other shopper and buy the shoes.

At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and, *whilst it is in flight* you could nip around the other shopper,

catch the purse and buy the shoes.

Always remembering that until the purse had *actually been thrown* it would be plain wrong to be forward of the other shopper.

vladtheexhaler

Seriously peeved off, I know of a hibby who got a ticket, yet I couldn't get one and I used to be a season ticket holder, but because of work I couldn't continue going every week

I'm really not buying into all this 'I know a rangers/celtic/hibs/motherwell/leyton orient fan with a handful of tickets'; it's Hearts v Tottenham, not the world cup final.

I'm gonna hold my hands up to getting one for the bird today.

It's maybe her 8th or 9th Hearts game in total.

HOWEVER, she's there to see Hearts, not Spurs and is desperate to be a part of the experience. Doesn't get to many games, as she works maybe 3 Saturdays out of 4. Folk who bought rakes of tickets so they could see Spurs are arseholes, mind.

I'm really not buying into all this 'I know a rangers/celtic/hibs/motherwell/leyton orient fan with a handful of tickets'; it's Hearts v Tottenham, not the world cup final.

There were tickets for sale on eBay within about an hour of them selling out - fact.

The seller's username had "1888" in it, suggesting that they were a celtic fan - assumption.

Me neither. Why the hell would a supporter of any of the above want to go to this game? I'm sure a few oddballs who claim to support other teams will go, but only a handful and not enough to change ticketing arrangements over.

Not that I'm saying Hearts generally got it right here, mind. They appear to have rushed it a bit here, without thinking - even though the game is only 12 days away.

vladtheexhaler

There were tickets for sale on eBay within about an hour of them selling out - fact.

The seller's username had "1888" in it, suggesting that they were a celtic fan - assumption.

It certainly is an assumption. It's more likely to have been a 123 year old hearts fan who was so desperate to secure tickets for the match that they had attempted to source them through multiple channels and ended up with more than they needed so decided to make the remainder available through ebay in order to boost their feedback score.

True, I meant we knew we were in the draw on Thursday. Regardless the guy has done nothing to get a ticket and moans they have all been sold. Little sympathy here.

We knew who we were playing but on the website it said "ticket details to follow". Then a I done pretty much work sleep work and missed out as it was all done so quickly.

Plus I'm not asking for your sympathy you doughball, I'm merely stressing the concerns of (hundreds by the sounds of it) the fans who do not have a ST and are missing out.

I know of one Hibby who registered his name,address etc and bought 4 tickets.One jambo (non ST) who queued and was pleasantly surprised to be allowed to buy 8... :down:

Era Macaroons

I agree with the sentiments in this thread.

However, remember, this isn't cup final tickets where the club has weeks and weeks to sort out phasing the sales through various stages.

We play Spurs in 12 days. Yes, 12 days!

To phase it to uber fairness would have likely been impossible.

Basically, ST holders have a week and all other tickets = free for all, was probably the best Hearts could do with the 12 days left.

complete pish

is there any real doubt all tickets would be sold in 12 days?

the TO have made a complete tit of it again....its very simple to steer tickets towards those who attend on a regular basis.

but hey who cares if your the Ticket Office....all youve got to do is sell all the tickets RIGHT? total knee jerkers, job done, but done VERY POORLY .:down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

Moe Szyslak

I'm gonna hold my hands up to getting one for the bird today.

It's maybe her 8th or 9th Hearts game in total.

HOWEVER, she's there to see Hearts, not Spurs and is desperate to be a part of the experience. Doesn't get to many games, as she works maybe 3 Saturdays out of 4. Folk who bought rakes of tickets so they could see Spurs are arseholes, mind.

So, out of the 1 Saturday in 4 that she's been available, she's managed to get to maybe 7 or 8 Hearts games in her lifetime?

But at least she's been there before. I can't believe Hearts didn't demand at least some purchase history (however minimal) for a game that was always going to sell out in no time.

I'm also amazed they didn't charge more to maximise income from this game. The prices they're charging are ridiculously low in comparison to Category A SPL games, never mind St Mirren, ICT, etc.

Me neither. Why the hell would a supporter of any of the above want to go to this game? I'm sure a few oddballs who claim to support other teams will go, but only a handful and not enough to change ticketing arrangements over.

Not that I'm saying Hearts generally got it right here, mind. They appear to have rushed it a bit here, without thinking - even though the game is only 12 days away.

He is also I spurs fan. bought the ticket off the a hearts fan who had to many.

I'll have to check with Mr Benoit as he got our tickets but how could some random get tickets on line, I thought they'd need to log in first meaning they have a profile?

vladtheexhaler

Really? Does he support any other teams or just Hibs and Spurs? Sounds like nonsense to me.

JamboGraham

As already posted I think the main issue for Hearts is the fact that the game is not much over a week away...

The total tickets available for general (non-ST) sale must have been about 3,000. The loyalty point database seems to be a total mess (I have points from over 2 years ago, clear gaps from more recent points not awarded, etc.) To use this system then the club would had to have cleared it all up first. Could you imagine the uproar if people were stopped from buying tickets they had fully qualified to purchase.

In terms of the speed of selling I think there would also have been anger if Hearts had a drawn out and delayed selling process. Sorting shifts, travel, etc....this is not a straight forward Saturday afternoon match.

I think the club made two mistakes (from what I read on here). 1 - Should have put a sensible limit on tickets per transaction and 2 - should have only sold to customers with a purchase history.

The reality is that many, many people would still have missed out but that would at least be a little fairer.

A real disappointment for those who miss out but the reality of this situation was always going to be that many regular attenders and away travellers were going to miss out on this one regardless of any loyalty priority, purchase history, etc, etc.

It will be interesting to see what is done for the away leg tickets if this is the problem for our own stadium. I also suspect that Hearts are probably using their ticket team resources to try and sort out a solution for dealing with that one and therefore maybe took their eye off the ball for the home match.

The fact that he is a Spurs fan is probably more relevant than any Hibs affiliation.

Who is you are pissed off with? If Hearts fans are selling tickets to Spurs/Hibs fans, then there's not a hell of a lot the club can do about it.

However, I do think that with modern technology, limiting tickets to people with X amount of loyalty points should have perfectly been do-able.

Moe Szyslak

"Only" 12 days? This is 2011 FFS!

And if you really don't believe there will more than a handful of football tourists who might fancy the novelty of seeing an EPL team playing a competitive game in Scotland, congratulations on not buying into SKY's "greatest league in the world" hype.

there were actually problems with the website today as well

my brother had tried to get them online, but the bloody site kept crashing/freezing on him

i also found out tonight that my sister had been trying from work as well with no luck.

i couldn't go online as i didn't have the cash in the bank to pay for 2 tickets so there was no point in me trying.

i can't afford a season ticket and go to as many games as i can afford to and i don't prioritise the games i go to by team either, just if i can afford it i'll go whether its the OF, hibs or airdrie in a shitey league cup go where the rain pisses down my back all game.

i was gutted today not to get a ticket, but thanks to another poster here i have managed to get one.

hearts seriously screwed this up.

there is no way you should have been able to buy unlimited tickets, there is no way that it should have been a free for all and i'm gutted for those who will not be able to make the game, and despise all the touts and twits who've bought tickets for non fans.

And if you really don't believe there will more than a handful of football tourists who might fancy the novelty of seeing an EPL team playing a competitive game in Scotland, congratulations on not buying into SKY's "greatest league in the world" hype.

also it is the middle of the edinburgh festival where there will be a LOT of londoners up here, and will have an interest in this game. maybe can't get an away ticket but oh look... an open sale!

vladtheexhaler

I genuinely would have no desire to pay to get into another SPL ground to see any EPL team playing in a game that will shown live on TV, would you?

Moe Szyslak

hearts seriously screwed this up.

there is no way you should have been able to buy unlimited tickets, there is no way that it should have been a free for all and i'm gutted for those who will not be able to make the game, and despise all the touts and twits who've bought tickets for non fans.

100% this.

Moe Szyslak

I genuinely would have no desire to pay to get into another SPL ground to see any EPL team playing in a game that will shown live on TV, would you?

If I was living or working in, say, Aberdeen and there were tickets available for a European tie against, say, Liverpool, then yes I probably would. Despite having no vested interest in either team.

vladtheexhaler

also it is the middle of the edinburgh festival where there will be a LOT of londoners up here, and will have an interest in this game. maybe can't get an away ticket but oh look... an open sale!

And yet these folk are on the ball enough to snap up tickets when there are Hearts fans who didn't even realise they had been released for sale. I seriously doubt any random Londoners up for the festival have secured tickets at the expense of Hearts fans.

As already posted I think the main issue for Hearts is the fact that the game is not much over a week away...

The total tickets available for general (non-ST) sale must have been about 3,000. The loyalty point database seems to be a total mess (I have points from over 2 years ago, clear gaps from more recent points not awarded, etc.) To use this system then the club would had to have cleared it all up first. Could you imagine the uproar if people were stopped from buying tickets they had fully qualified to purchase.

In terms of the speed of selling I think there would also have been anger if Hearts had a drawn out and delayed selling process. Sorting shifts, travel, etc....this is not a straight forward Saturday afternoon match.

I think the club made two mistakes (from what I read on here). 1 - Should have put a sensible limit on tickets per transaction and 2 - should have only sold to customers with a purchase history.

The reality is that many, many people would still have missed out but that would at least be a little fairer.

A real disappointment for those who miss out but the reality of this situation was always going to be that many regular attenders and away travellers were going to miss out on this one regardless of any loyalty priority, purchase history, etc, etc.

It will be interesting to see what is done for the away leg tickets if this is the problem for our own stadium. I also suspect that Hearts are probably using their ticket team resources to try and sort out a solution for dealing with that one and therefore maybe took their eye off the ball for the home match.

Agreed the loyalty system is a mess. They need to get that sorted out now, so that it can then be used effectively for case like this. They need to issue some sort of membership card to anyone who wants one, not just ST holders - could be used as a smart card for match tickets, for storing points, for identification etc.. However, some investment would obviously be required, and I'm not convinced the club is bothered enough to do it.

Timing is a bit of an issue, of course, with only two Saturdays before the game, one of which is a match day. For those who can't go online (or don't want to take their chances with dodgy systems), the club should be extending or rearranging the opening hours of the ticket office, to reflect the fact a large portion of the fanbase struggle to make it during the normal hours.

Also, as you mention, in this interweb age, many people appear to demand that the club reacts to anything within minutes - whether it be ticket arrangements for games like this, or Vlad's latest managerial appointment. With a bit of planning, however, it could be managed a lot, lot better. It was always pretty likely that we would make it to the next round, and that people would want to go both home and away, so panic could have been minimised a bit.

And yet these folk are on the ball enough to snap up tickets when there are Hearts fans who didn't even realise they had been released for sale. I seriously doubt any random Londoners up for the festival have secured tickets at the expense of Hearts fans.

did you miss the part about us trying to get tickets online??

i would wager there are a LOT of non jambos who will be at the game over and above those who support our team home and away.... a damn sight more than i'm able to

What a lot of sh!te. If you wanted a ticket so badly you should have sorted something out. Plus there will no doubt be at least 200 tickets available after next Saturday. I agree that Hearts should have limited sales to say, 4 per person but this 'real fans' **** is bogus, move on.

Carl Weathers

If you want a ticket for the spurs game but 'couldn't be arsed' going to the Paks game then I don't have any sympathy if you can't get a ticket.

However, I think HMFC should have sold available briefs in a controlled manner. Not all 'genuine' Jambos have a ST for various reasons. It sounds like anyone could get a ticket, which doesn't seem fair at all.

I hope all of the real fans get a seat.

Aye, 12 days is a long time in this day and age, but that period only includes two Saturdays, one of which is a match day. No reason the club could not be a bit more flexible with ticket office opening etc..

As for the second bit, I don't know any genuine Hearts fans who I think would be remotely interested in going into the Hibs/Rangers/Celtic/Motherwell end to see them play Tottenham, but I'm sure some might. I just don't think there will be a huge amount people like that, but I could well be wrong.

vladtheexhaler

did you miss the part about us trying to get tickets online??

i would wager there are a LOT of non jambos who will be at the game over and above those who support our team home and away.... a damn sight more than i'm able to

No I didn't miss that, earlier on the thread there are folk who claim to have been unaware that tickets had even been released. Also the only issues I have seen mentioned about online sales appear to pertain to folk queuing and then getting access, going to book tickets and then realising they have forgotten logon details and getting timed out. There is a thread congratulating the performance of Ticketmaster for the good service, which was certainly my experience of it today.

Moe Szyslak

Aye, 12 days is a long time in this day and age, but that period only includes two Saturdays, one of which is a match day. No reason the club could not be a bit more flexible with ticket office opening etc..

As for the second bit, I don't know any genuine Hearts fans who I think would be remotely interested in going into the Hibs/Rangers/Celtic/Motherwell end to see them play Tottenham, but I'm sure some might. I just don't think there will be a huge amount people like that, but I could well be wrong.

Sorry but the number of Saturdays is irrelevant in this age of 24/7 online purchasing. All Hearts had to do was insist on a previous purchase history and the game would still be sold out already, only more fairly.

As for the second bit, the football kickabouts round my way have more Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea shirts than any Scottish teams. These people would love the opportunity to see an EPL team play live rather than on TV.

Moe Szyslak

Supposedly 250,000 Hearts fans and 17,800 seats. Not everyones going to get a ticket. End of thread.

Far from it. All the more reason to anticipate an oversubscription and come up with a fairer allocation method.

vladtheexhaler

Sorry but the number of Saturdays is irrelevant in this age of 24/7 online purchasing. All Hearts had to do was insist on a previous purchase history and the game would still be sold out already, only more fairly.

As for the second bit, the football kickabouts round my way have more Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea shirts than any Scottish teams. These people would love the opportunity to see an EPL team play live rather than on TV.

I don't imagine that many folk who spent 2 hours queuing up on a Saturday morning to buy tickets are without a previous purchase history. Would you really suddenly feel the urge to get up at the crack of dawn to head down to the TO having never been to a game before, let alone even know about the ticket sale? Yes Hearts could have managed this better but simply insisting on a purchase history would have made next to no difference, loyalty points are a different matter.

Moe Szyslak

I don't imagine that many folk who spent 2 hours queuing up on a Saturday morning to buy tickets are without a previous purchase history. Would you really suddenly feel the urge to get up at the crack of dawn to head down to the TO having never been to a game before, let alone even know about the ticket sale? Yes Hearts could have managed this better but simply insisting on a purchase history would have made next to no difference, loyalty points are a different matter.

Your purchase history is what determines your loyalty points so how is it a different matter?

Sorry but the number of Saturdays is irrelevant in this age of 24/7 online purchasing.

No need to apologise. I'd suggest that for many of those queuing at the ticket office today, that wasn't an irrelevance. I suspect if the club had waited until Monday to launch the sale under the same system, a lot of people would have been very unhappy.

All Hearts had to do was insist on a previous purchase history and the game would still be sold out already, only more fairly.

I agree that the club should have had a much better system in place, based on loyalty points.

I'm sure many would. I'm not so sure how many of those sporting the colours of Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea will have actually gone ahead today and bought tickets for Hearts vs Tottenham. No doubt some, but I don't think a huge amount. I could be wrong. And again, I agree that a fairer system should have been in place to give priority to people who have demonstrated an attachment to Hearts through ticket purchases.

I had a season ticket for about 14 years, but I haven't has one since 2008/09. I didn't try today, but if I had, sounds like there was a pretty good chance I could have lost out to someone who has never/rarely been at a game before. I just have to hope I can get my hands on one for the away leg.

vladtheexhaler

Your purchase history is what determines your loyalty points so how is it a different matter?

You said that all Hearts had to do was insist on a previous purchase history. This would apply to anyone who had ever bought a single ticket during the time the current database has been in existence. On the other hand, loyalty points are applied per purchase and are weighted according to the particular match to which they relate. Quite different really.

Moe Szyslak

You said that all Hearts had to do was insist on a previous purchase history. This would apply to anyone who had ever bought a single ticket during the time the current database has been in existence. On the other hand, loyalty points are applied per purchase and are weighted according to the particular match to which they relate. Quite different really.

But surely requiring some purchase history (i.e. at least one loyalty point) would be better than a free for all.

You doubt there would have been too many people queueing up without a previous purchase history - in that case why not insist on that as an absolute minimum?

Moe Szyslak

I had a season ticket for about 14 years, but I haven't has one since 2008/09. I didn't try today, but if I had, sounds like there was a pretty good chance I could have lost out to someone who has never/rarely been at a game before. I just have to hope I can get my hands on one for the away leg.

If I'd been in that position and missed out on a ticket I'd feel pretty pissed off. As it happens I still have my ST after 35 years and am guaranteed my seat so I don't know why I'm even bothering with this debate. I just don't like the way Hearts have handled the general sale but, like you, my main concern right now is my ticket for White Hart Lane. Good night and good luck!

vladtheexhaler

But surely requiring some purchase history (i.e. at least one loyalty point) would be better than a free for all.

You doubt there would have been too many people queueing up without a previous purchase history - in that case why not insist on that as an absolute minimum?

Well we could have done but it would have made absolutely no difference as I believe that almost everyone who bought tickets today would have had a prior purchasing history. Loyalty points AND a limit to the number of tickets per purchase would have helped.

Moe Szyslak

Well we could have done but it would have made absolutely no difference as I believe that almost everyone who bought tickets today would have had a prior purchasing history. Loyalty points AND a limit to the number of tickets per purchase would have helped.

Agreed on the bit in bold. As I said to Peebo I've got my ticket so no personal axe to grind. Time I was in bed. Good night!

vladtheexhaler

Agreed on the bit in bold. As I said to Peebo I've got my ticket so no personal axe to grind. Time I was in bed. Good night!

[/quo

:thumbsup: Night Moe

Archived