SERIOUSLY...sold out

diehardJT

jambojim1986

Clearly a case of the club putting a quick buck before rewarding the loyal fans. ill be on holiday but if i hadn't managed to get a ticket id of been furious after reading this thread.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You snooze you lose.

Hearts have guaranteed a full house by selling the tickets quickly before the inevitable TV is announced.

Non-ST holders have absolutely no reason to complain, no matter how indignant their excuses for not having STs are...Sorry but that is the way it is. The ONLY way to boost your chances for such an occasion coming around is to invest in the club long-term, for the season.

Doctor FinnBarr

You snooze you lose.

Hearts have guaranteed a full house by selling the tickets quickly before the inevitable TV is announced.

Non-ST holders have absolutely no reason to complain, no matter how indignant their excuses for not having STs are...Sorry but that is the way it is. The ONLY way to boost your chances for such an occasion coming around is to invest in the club long-term, for the season.

And when you work 3 Saturdays out of 4?

:angry:

You snooze you lose.

Sorry, but that's male cow poo! :verymad:

If someone does not have a Season Ticket, but goes to a lot of games gaining Loyalty Points, of course they should have priority over someone who has neither!

Why do we even have loyalty points, if not to reward loyalty? :blink:

I think Hearts wanted the cash in the bank and didn't really stop to think this through.

Yep, saw the pound signs and lost their fecking minds :(

Gigolo-Aunt

I think Hearts wanted the cash in the bank and didn't really stop to think this through.

Which is a bit silly, DH, as this game was always going to sell out.

Ribery's Face

th is very unfortunate but to be fair it was announced yesterday afternoon, if you were really bothered about when the tickets came on sale you would have been refreshing the club site every minuet like most of us were doing, work or no work. you could have also bought them online or got sombody else to buy them online for you if your work dosnt allow it.

But i do feel for you and i wish you all the best in trying to get a ticket.

On the plus side i think they still have tickets left for aberdeen next weekend. Not many though becuase everyone buying spurs tickets are snapping these up.

south morocco

th is very unfortunate but to be fair it was announced yesterday afternoon, if you were really bothered about when the tickets came on sale you would have been refreshing the club site every minuet like most of us were doing, work or no work. you could have also bought them online or got sombody else to buy them online for you if your work dosnt allow it.

But i do feel for you and i wish you all the best in trying to get a ticket.

On the plus side i think they still have tickets left for aberdeen next weekend. Not many though becuase everyone buying spurs tickets are snapping these up.

whilst i don't agree with the way the club has sold tkts for this game ,i do agree with the above poster

If someone does not have a Season Ticket, but goes to a lot of games gaining Loyalty Points, of course they should have priority over someone who has neither!

It's a fair question but then how do you rank 10,000 people who have loyalty points when there are 3,000 tickets and you can't be sure that those with the most points will apply in order?...

I get a bit fed up of people bleating that they've been hard done by the club, and trotting out excellent excuses for not being around enough Saturdays to merit buying an ST - How many games do we actually play on a Saturday afternoon nowadays anyway? perhaps about 2/3rds of home matches? Of those home games about 10 are usually absolutely gash - for instance I hate most games against St Mirren, Motherwell, ICT, Killie, and I won't miss Hamilton one bit...So let's look at it from another perspective, the same people who are complaining that they cannot make games can give the likes of a winter rain-pouring game against Hamilton (which you know if you're lucky Hearts will sneak a 1-0 win) a swerve because the games they actually want to see are the OF and Hibs, which is why we sell more tickets for the Cat A games than the Cat B ones...

i got 16 email confirmations for 5 tickets today. (4 season ticket holders) but no cash has come out my account, did anyone else get loads of confirmations?

I bought them online.blink.gif

i got 16 email confirmations for 5 tickets today. (4 season ticket holders) but no cash has come out my account, did anyone else get loads of confirmations?

Their was a statement saying 'dont worry if you receive any repeat e-mails regarding ticket purchase , we will only take 1 payment from your debit card.'

I bought 3 tickets and got about 8 confirmation emails.

Should be alright :thumbsup:

Yep, saw the pound signs and lost their fecking minds :(

Hearts have lost there mind in a lot of things these days..

It's a fair question but then how do you rank 10,000 people who have loyalty points when there are 3,000 tickets and you can't be sure that those with the most points will apply in order?...

I get a bit fed up of people bleating that they've been hard done by the club, and trotting out excellent excuses for not being around enough Saturdays to merit buying an ST - How many games do we actually play on a Saturday afternoon nowadays anyway? perhaps about 2/3rds of home matches? Of those home games about 10 are usually absolutely gash - for instance I hate most games against St Mirren, Motherwell, ICT, Killie, and I won't miss Hamilton one bit...So let's look at it from another perspective, the same people who are complaining that they cannot make games can give the likes of a winter rain-pouring game against Hamilton (which you know if you're lucky Hearts will sneak a 1-0 win) a swerve because the games they actually want to see are the OF and Hibs, which is why we sell more tickets for the Cat A games than the Cat B ones...

Bollocks, I go to as many games as I can. Folk think they are so high and mighty because they have a ST. I am 27 and I had a season ticket at tynecastle from 1988 till 2009. Which was me buying it myself from the age of 17.

Jeez I was the guy with a mouthful of falkirk turf in my mouth after our over exuberant celebrations had the billboards giving up the ghost in our last trip to Falkirk. Theres not many folk on here my age that can say they've shown as much financial support to the club as I have over the years. Does this mean I'm not a "real" fan because I have not got a ST now. I'm not getting into "i'm a better fan than you" competition. Away and bile yer heid!

Dean Winchester

I know of at least 6 neutrals that have bought tickets. Major **** up by Hearts as far as I'm concerned.

Try actually reading the thread - the argument is not about Season Ticket holders, it's about those without Season Tickets.

These people earn Loyalty Points (as do all fans who actively support Hearts) to recognise and reward their loyalty to the Club. Today that loyalty shown by these fans has been completely ignored by Hearts, who sold handfuls of tickets to anyone who asked, by phone, online, or in person.

You seem to want a medal to go with your Season Ticket, and your Spurs ticket. All these people are asking for is that Hearts actually apply Hearts own system, this is what it's for. They have every right to feel let down and angry that the Club ignored it's own procedures, causing them to lose out.

Sorry you find this too difficult a situation to comprehend. :blink:

Jam Tarts 1874

I've got to give credit to my mate "bigladatthebackpost" who got tickets this morning after finishing his night shift and going along, mucho respecto. Particularly as i was in my bed. :whistling:

But as others have said there may be a limited sale next weekend if some ST holders dont take the option.

Good Luck

What i do think is appalling is you could buy 10 at the ticket office and 6 online.

Disgusting, clearly there have been people purchasing simply to make money by re-selling. I hate touts, I hope they die slowly.

SectionDJambo

Would it not,perhaps, be a good idea to do what some other clubs do, and introduce a Membership scheme for people for whom a Season Ticket is an item they simply cannot justify spending, much needed, cash on. Sure, there are some guys who can afford to spend on a Season Ticket when they will miss more than a few games, but many cannot, especially in today's grim ecomonic climate. The Memebership could be priced at, say ?20, which is not a lot to pay out to give you an extremely good chance of never missing a match you could attend at Tynecastle.

One main rule though. You would have until the end of the Season Ticket renewal time period to buy your Membership, so that the glory hunters and day trippers can't just buy in, when when a big game comes along.

We need to do something to prevent the disappointment, and feeling of injustice, felt by many today. It doesn't do the club any good to let so many good fans down, because they don't have the resources to buy a Season Ticket.

Would it not,perhaps, be a good idea to do what some other clubs do, and introduce a Membership scheme for people for whom a Season Ticket is an item they simply cannot justify spending, much needed, cash on. Sure, there are some guys who can afford to spend on a Season Ticket when they will miss more than a few games, but many cannot, especially in today's grim ecomonic climate. The Memebership could be priced at, say ?20, which is not a lot to pay out to give you an extremely good chance of never missing a match you could attend at Tynecastle.

One main rule though. You would have until the end of the Season Ticket renewal time period to buy your Membership, so that the glory hunters and day trippers can't just buy in, when when a big game comes along.

We need to do something to prevent the disappointment, and feeling of injustice, felt by many today. It doesn't do the club any good to let so many good fans down, because they don't have the resources to buy a Season Ticket.

Was there not something like this tried about 5 or 6 years ago or am I making it up? :blink: I seem to remember getting the bumf through the door but never took notice as I had a ST at the time...

Well thats good for you, but I have a girlfriend in full time education and rent to pay. To say I'm living from payslip to payslip is an understatement. Buying a season ticket for the seat to be empty two thirds of the time is just stupid.

I knew nothing about it until tonight as I was so tired after my shift I went straight to bed to get up early again as it was a long shift. I had lots of folk who could have went up and also folk that could have used my number to try and get tickets online.

I am not being funny but the draw was on Thursday so you had plenty of time to find out when the tickets were on sale to make arrangements so you could get tickets. Moaning about not getting a ticket when you have done nothing to actually get a ticket doesn't sound like you have much cause for complaint.

Was there not something like this tried about 5 or 6 years ago or am I making it up? :blink: I seem to remember getting the bumf through the door but never took notice as I had a ST at the time...

There was indeed. Cost maybe 40 or 50 quid, and you got discount on a couple of tickets, and then got priority for buying tickets for the bigger games.

I've no idea why they stopped it.

I am not being funny but the draw was on Thursday so you had plenty of time to find out when the tickets were on sale to make arrangements so you could get tickets. Moaning about not getting a ticket when you have done nothing to actually get a ticket doesn't sound like you have much cause for complaint.

Correct. You're not being remotely funny.

The draw was on Friday, in any case.

While I get the gist of your post, it's a bit of an unfair generalisation.

My other half does shifts and probably missed a quarter of last season's home matches because of that. Decided to buy single match tickets this season instead of the ST and was at the Dundee United match. Came off nightshift this morning and tried and failed to get a ticket while I was at work. It's not an issue for me because my ST seat is guaranteed but there are plenty of non-ST holders who have shown a great deal of "loyalty" to the club who have missed out today.

Loyalty points, or even a limit on purchases and only to people with a history would have been easy for the club to implement. The majority of people with loyalty points have season tickets so they are taken out of the equation.

It's the club that have messed up with this one.

There was indeed. Cost maybe 40 or 50 quid, and you got discount on a couple of tickets, and then got priority for buying tickets for the bigger games.

You got discount vouchers for the superstore as well as a guided tour of the stadium iirc.

They should bring this system back with immediate effect , all tickets would be purchased through the card

and loyalty points awarded automatically.

Nookie Bear

It's absolutely shocking if people were able to buy 8 tickets.

It should've been 2 tickets MAX for data base customers.

No doubt some arseholes will be punting Hearts tickets to Spurs fans outside the ground.

Think its pretty clear that a good many non-Hearts fans (and probably some Hearts fans as well) are looking to make a few quid out of this.

Correct. You're not being remotely funny.

The draw was on Friday, in any case.

True, I meant we knew we were in the draw on Thursday. Regardless the guy has done nothing to get a ticket and moans they have all been sold. Little sympathy here.

I was lucky enough to get a ticke this afternoon cant believe the club will be letting non hmfc supporters in is beyond me

Try actually reading the thread - the argument is not about Season Ticket holders, it's about those without Season Tickets.

These people earn Loyalty Points (as do all fans who actively support Hearts) to recognise and reward their loyalty to the Club. Today that loyalty shown by these fans has been completely ignored by Hearts, who sold handfuls of tickets to anyone who asked, by phone, online, or in person.

You seem to want a medal to go with your Season Ticket, and your Spurs ticket. All these people are asking for is that Hearts actually apply Hearts own system, this is what it's for. They have every right to feel let down and angry that the Club ignored it's own procedures, causing them to lose out.

Sorry you find this too difficult a situation to comprehend. :blink:

Could not have put it better myself, well said that man!

I feel absolutely abandoned by the club today, no loyalty for the likes of freezing my ass off in Motherwell in December in a crowd of 3,324; no reward for going to the Paksi game; an absolute disregard for the blood, sweat, tears, and heaps of cash I've poured in to the club (make it to 50% of the games home and away due to work commitments).

I'm not asking for special treatment; just something that rewards loyalty and true affiliation to Hearts.

Cannot understand why they just didn't say:

1- Season ticket holders

2 - Anybody with a Paksi tickets get A ticket

3 - Loyalty points

2 and 3 are interchangeable, point 1 is a given and something we all accept and rightfully so.

Like others, I'm raging!

PS: I'll be honest here, the reason I didn't get down to Tynecastle until 12pm today was because I was having round two with the fine piece of action I pulled last night! Might put that in an email to Vlad, think it'll work?

jambo_til_i_die

First of all, how are the club to know you even want to go to the game? Are they going to sit around and wait for you to book your ticket(s), also as disgusting as it is to have supporters of other clubs getting tickets, again the club don't know all. Yes It feels unfair, of course it does, however this is no doubt the kind of reply you will get if you complained. I myself have never held a season ticket (as much as I would love to) for many reasons and lucky if I get to half the games over the season but clubs won't give special treatment to you or me over anyone else.

Northernsoulboy01

While I get the gist of your post, it's a bit of an unfair generalisation.

My other half does shifts and probably missed a quarter of last season's home matches because of that. Decided to buy single match tickets this season instead of the ST and was at the Dundee United match. Came off nightshift this morning and tried and failed to get a ticket while I was at work. It's not an issue for me because my ST seat is guaranteed but there are plenty of non-ST holders who have shown a great deal of "loyalty" to the club who have missed out today.

Loyalty points, or even a limit on purchases and only to people with a history would have been easy for the club to implement. The majority of people with loyalty points have season tickets so they are taken out of the equation.

It's the club that have messed up with this one.

I sympathise but i cant understand why i was able to get online at 10am,being a non season ticket holder living in England and buy a ticket for my Dad because hes not clued up on internet and thinking i couldnt get time off to go to the game. Then 1 hour later i find out i could go so logged on and bought a ticket in minutes.

Im confused as to why people couldnt manage to get sorted unless it was late on when they attempted.

Was obviously going to be very busy.

portobellojambo1

If by that you mean a big pile of shite, i agree totally.

What Spellczech is effectively saying is that if you are a Rangers, Motherwell, Hibernian, Aberdeen, Dundee, Dundee United fan etc (I exclude Celtic because I sincerely hope there are none of those smelly plastic paddy shop fronts in our end) have as much right to purchase tickets for this game as non ST holding Hearts fans. The only people who should be in the home ends for this game are HMFC fans, feck friends up for the Festival, feck relatives who have seen HMFC once in a blue moon or never at all but now think it is a great idea (only to disappear again when the tie is over).

That is more than a big pile of shite it is feckin bonkers.. The club wanted to get rid of the extra tickets they had today as quickly as possible and didn't give a flying feck who they were selling them to and how many each person got. This loyalty scheme they have in place seems to only operate in one direction, from the fans, there is certainly little to no loyalty in return from the club. Tickets being bought by touts, people who have probably never seen a football, never mind know where Tynecastle is, barking mad, it seems the only interest the club had were the figures next to the ? signs.

I only got one today thats all i wanted for the game i was at the Home game v Paksi on thursday bit gutting that proper hearts fans didnt get a ticket before people going to see Tottenham it wont even be their first team

jambo_til_i_die

I feel absolutely abandoned by the club today, no loyalty for the likes of freezing my ass off in Motherwell in December in a crowd of 3,324; no reward for going to the Paksi game; an absolute disregard for the blood, sweat, tears, and heaps of cash I've poured in to the club (make it to 50% of the games home and away due to work commitments).

I'm not asking for special treatment; just something that rewards loyalty and true affiliation to Hearts.

1- Season ticket holders

3 - Loyalty points

2 and 3 are interchangeable, point 1 is a given and something we all accept and rightfully so.

Like others, I'm raging!

PS: I'll be honest here, the reason I didn't get down to Tynecastle until 12pm today was because I was having round two with the fine piece of action I pulled last night! Might put that in an email to Vlad, think it'll work?

You should be given loyalty points for that alone bud :lol:

But point 1 - Season ticket holders. Did it not state that season ticket holders had to apply before 10am to get their own seats? Was that ignored?

But point 1 - Season ticket holders. Did it not state that season ticket holders had to apply before 10am to get their own seats? Was that ignored?

season ticket holders have a week to get their own ticket.thumbsup.gif

Why ... Thank you, on your recommendation I'll give it a shot lol!

I think the ST holders have until next Saturday to secure their seats.

Northernsoulboy01

1- Season ticket holders

3 - Loyalty points

Like others, I'm raging!

:worthless_thread:

:D

******* gutted at the moment. Drove up to a wedding in Aberdeen on Friday morning and find out when I get home today that all tickets available to me have gone. I don't have a ST due to having a young family but get to as many of thee games as possible, including Paks on Thursday night. What the **** is the point of having a loyalty system if you don't use it where possible. If i don't get a ticket and there's a bunch of rangers fans in there I'll be even more ******* gutted.

This is disgusting, I was working until 10pm on friday night then got up saturday morning at 6 for my 7am to 5pm shift and come home to see all these glory hunting *******s have got tickets and its sold out. (I know a lot of u are not but you know what I'm saying here) I cant get a season ticket as I work some weekends but I have racks of hearts loyalty points but any fud was allowed to go online and pretty much get as many tickets as they liked. The stadium will be full of non hearts fans/wives/girlfriends/pals that have never stepped foot in tynie. But I miss out because I wasn't watching for a 12 hour notice for tickets.

I'm so pissed off its unbelievable, why hearts decided to sell the tickets in such a rush is beyond me. It was always gonna be a sellout but instead of making it fair for the majority that actually bother to go to the games (like the pish I endured last sunday) they just get the cash in quick.

Is nobody else in the same situation?

I was hoping to get a full house of hearts fans singing their lungs out and intimidating the feck out of the londoners! What we are going to get instead is a very good atmosphere (on par with a rangers/celtic game) and a lot of wives/girlfriends/parents/inlaws asking "what happened?" everytime they hear a roar. I dont care if this has been posted by hundreds of others but I'm no happy and I am venting..........

oh, and yes I'm very happy for all you "I got my tickets" folk, no seriously I am. Wish I were you.

Same Same. Have followed Hearts since 1965 but no ST for the past seven years due to change of job involving shifts especially at weekends, however I go regularly home and away when off with my son who also works weekends and he has no ST for same reasons. Both of us at the Paks game, both of us working today, were we able to get tickets? No.

pissed off? yes, the main reason being that my son said some of his mates got tickets today and they have never been to Tynie b4 but wanted to go and see Spurs, not Hearts, but Spurs. So, non Jambos sitting in Hearts section to watch Tottenham, Just wrong.

vintage1874

The membership card was introduced after 2005-6 season I think it was about ?20 a season It ended at the end of 2007-8 as it was not very popular

maltese jambo

Don't really have much sympathy for some of those complaining on this thread. Majority of 'Die hards' will be ST holders who have their seats bagged if they want them anyway. I dont even know what a loyalty point was untill today; as far as im concerned if you really REALLY wanted a ticket for the Spurs home match, you could have got one. I did and i got one.

Seems like most of the people who missed out are the moaners who just annoy F^*k out of folk at the game anyway.

I agree withthe above post i wanted one and got 1 but youve got to understand they dont just go to yer Tynie or Ibrox some went to Hungary and have missed out

The membership card was introduced after 2005-6 season I think it was about ?20 a season It ended at the end of 2007-8 as it was not very popular

I have never heard of it....I must have been in jail :lol:

Fair dues. The thing I'm taking about was available before that, as I had one in the 2004/05 season as I was living in the south of England - the season we played Ferencvaros at Murrayfield. It cost between 40 and 50 quid. I can't recall exactly how it was branded.

The Comedian

Gonna be quite a few sweetie rustlers there with no interest in Scottish football, 'spurs are mah English team, goody'.

SectionDJambo

The absolute minimum that Hearts should have checked today, was that anybody purchasing tickets was on their data base as a previous "customer". It is pathetic that they could not manage this.

For the Paksi game, I got a ticket for a mate who goes semi regularly and is a shareholder. They asked for his details before issuing the ticket. They did not ask me anything about him when I got him a ticket for the Spurs game. Why did they do that for a game which was never going to sell out, and not for a match that had a high risk of selling out.

Did Hearts think that the prices would keep excessive demand in check, perhaps.

I really hope that lessons have been learned here, and that Hearts don't live to regret the lack of checks into who was getting these tickets today. For instance, if somebody does anything stupid and gets us into trouble with UEFA, will they be able to identify them through where they are sitting?

If by that you mean a big pile of shite, i agree totally.

What Spellczech is effectively saying is that if you are a Rangers, Motherwell, Hibernian, Aberdeen, Dundee, Dundee United fan etc (I exclude Celtic because I sincerely hope there are none of those smelly plastic paddy shop fronts in our end) have as much right to purchase tickets for this game as non ST holding Hearts fans. The only people who should be in the home ends for this game are HMFC fans, feck friends up for the Festival, feck relatives who have seen HMFC once in a blue moon or never at all but now think it is a great idea (only to disappear again when the tie is over).

That is more than a big pile of shite it is feckin bonkers.. The club wanted to get rid of the extra tickets they had today as quickly as possible and didn't give a flying feck who they were selling them to and how many each person got. This loyalty scheme they have in place seems to only operate in one direction, from the fans, there is certainly little to no loyalty in return from the club. Tickets being bought by touts, people who have probably never seen a football, never mind know where Tynecastle is, barking mad, it seems the only interest the club had were the figures next to the ? signs.

Perfectly put other than male cow poo is bullshit.

As many have said, the game was always selling out, so why not take the time to reward repeat customers before tourists?

Piss poor Hearts, piss poor.

SectionXpunter

Mixed opinions on the sell oot myself....on the one hand, glad there is a sell out....I think all hearts games should sell out!

I had planned on grabbing my brother and sister a ticket ( Both long time supporters, both have attended many games, both quite deserving of the tickets in my opinion ) but I work nights, and didnae get up till after 2pm. :teehee:

Tuff luck for them though...well, as long as the tickets went to deserving supporters, what right do I have to moan :whistling:

I'll be there though, as will my Auld Boy,....hope we are not stuck next to a fake Jambo though, I have no Idea if the fella who sits next to us has got his ticket... :rolleyes::down:

SectionDJambo

I just got asked my address then got my ticket strange they usually ask postcode etc

If the stories are true about fans of other clubs getting tickets, then they can't have been asked anything to confirm they are on the home fans database, however they managed to buy them.

Archived