Allocation for WHL

scottg71

In an email from the Federation of Hearts Supporters Clubs it says Hearts only expect to receive 1800 tickets for the away game. May rise a bit after a meeting with Spurs on Thursday. Pretty poor if this is the case. Think it is part of the Spurs season ticket package.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dean Winchester

Worrying for alot of fans then. My mates could be in bother as well cos they buy most of their away game tickets at the gate

In an email from the Federation of Hearts Supporters Clubs it says Hearts only expect to receive 1800 tickets for the away game. May rise a bit after a meeting with Spurs on Thursday. Pretty poor if this is the case. Think it is part of the Spurs season ticket package.

My mate who is a spurs fan and spurs 'club member', and family have season tickets, says standard away allocation is 3500 but he thinks we will get more (specualated 5000 tickets) as will not be as big a pull for spurs fans as last years champs league games etc.

Spurs will most definitely NOT sell tickets on the gate.

I still think you will get more tickets but the Old Bill will probably have a big say in it.

Rocky jamboa

Rubbish. Going to be a lot of disappointed fans. A pity it's part of spurs season ticket as I'd imagine there will be loads who won't bother going. Notice spurs only been given 1200 for Tynie.

Spurs will most definitely NOT sell tickets on the gate.

I still think you will get more tickets but the Old Bill will probably have a big say in it.

The old bill might see sense and realise the more fans in the game the less outside getting pished roaming around!

All,

Any clubs looking to make block bookings for the Return leg at

Tottenham are asked to fill out the official supporters club

application form and return to Mark as usual and ASAP.

You should treat this match as a Hibs game at Easter Road.

As things stand we are only likely to receive approx 1800 tickets

which may rise after talks with Spurs later in the week. So the people

with the highest number of loyalty points will be given priority.

Regards

Stevie

Copy of said email

Rubbish. Going to be a lot of disappointed fans. A pity it's part of spurs season ticket as I'd imagine there will be loads who won't bother going. Notice spurs only been given 1200 for Tynie.

Was just about to post this. Hearts giving less than half the away end is not good news for most heading for London I'd imagine.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/hearts-ticket-news-060811.html

Gavsy Van Gaverson

A london based colleague who is a Spurs season ticket holder confirmed that Europa League games are included in her season ticket.

I'd say we'll be lucky to get 3,000 tickets.

Francis Albert

Was just about to post this. Hearts giving less than half the away end is not good news for most heading for London I'd imagine.

http://www.tottenham...ews-060811.html

I don't think Spurs will base their allocation to us on the basis of our allocation to them. It will be based on how many non-ST tickets they expect to sell for the home stands (I suspect quite a low number).

I don't think Spurs will base their allocation to us on the basis of our allocation to them. It will be based on how many non-ST tickets they expect to sell for the home stands (I suspect quite a low number).

Let it be so. :thumbsup:

portobellojambo1

i asked this on a Spurs forum FA. The reply was that they have 23,250 ST holders, all of whom get into this game free. They have a ST waiting list at present of 45,000, and every match where the extra tickets have gone on general sale to THFC fans they have sold out. They only need to get take up by 10,938 people.

I think it is highly possible the maximum we are going to get for this game is the 1,812 we have already been allocated, unless they murder us at Tynecastle and none of their fans want to bother with the 2nd leg.

Francis Albert

i asked this on a Spurs forum FA. The reply was that they have 23,250 ST holders, all of whom get into this game free. They have a ST waiting list at present of 45,000, and every match where the extra tickets have gone on general sale to THFC fans they have sold out. They only need to get take up by 10,938 people.

I think it is highly possible the maximum we are going to get for this game is the 1,812 we have already been allocated, unless they murder us at Tynecastle and none of their fans want to bother with the 2nd leg.

There isn't over the last 2 or 3 seasons any obvious comparator - no Carling Cup games except against strong opposition (Arsenal, Everton) or Euro qualifying games against (in their eyes) minnows. They played Shaktar Donetsk in a post- Group (ie fairly late stage) Uefa match the last time they were in the competition, a couple of seasons ago, and were 6000 short of capacity for what I would have thought was a much bigger draw than a qualifier against us.

Anyway, time will tell.

( BTW the Guardian headline this morning "Hearts test for Spurs second string" says something about the status of the game for them.)

It's fair to say I'm sh*tting myself at the prospect of not getting a ticket. I will be utterly devastated.

Im begining to hate Spurs :angry:

Always thought of them as a nothing club before...

Radioactive Mince

There isn't over the last 2 or 3 seasons any obvious comparator - no Carling Cup games except against strong opposition (Arsenal, Everton) or Euro qualifying games against (in their eyes) minnows. They played Shaktar Donetsk in a post- Group (ie fairly late stage) Uefa match the last time they were in the competition, a couple of seasons ago, and were 6000 short of capacity for what I would have thought was a much bigger draw than a qualifier against us.

Anyway, time will tell.

( BTW the Guardian headline this morning "Hearts test for Spurs second string" says something about the status of the game for them.)

**** aye :thumbsup:

Do we reckon it's gonna be 1 ticket per qualifying season ticket holder? I thought this would be the case today, but obviously not...

stevie HMFC

Do we reckon it's gonna be 1 ticket per qualifying season ticket holder? I thought this would be the case today, but obviously not...

It will be a loyalty points threshold, those with high enough points over the threshold will qualify and get a ticket

I'm relying on them not being so interested and shipping another couple of thousand up here.

Otherwise, I'll be in a boozer down there with a few others id imagine.

It will be a loyalty points threshold, those with high enough points over the threshold will qualify and get a ticket

You didn't understand what I said...

If you have enough loyalty points, will you be able to purchase more than one ticket for the away leg?

Back of the Bus

If you have enough loyalty points, will you be able to purchase more than one ticket for the away leg?

Given the paltry amount we're potentially getting, I wouldn't think so.

Dean Winchester

I highly doubt it. It'll be 1 per person I'd imagine. (But then I thought the home leg would've required at the very least a purchase history but it didn't...)

I think he answered your question and you just didn't understand his answer.

Loyalty points will be required, for each and every purchase. If your friend has enough but you don't, that will be one of you going and one not.

At least that is how I think it will go.

Jambof3tornado

Not initially anyways.

If Spurs up our allocation then perhaps.

davemclaren

I'm relying on them not being so interested and shipping another couple of thousand up here.

Your round then... :whistling:

Northernsoulboy01

So you would travel to London without a ticket. For what reason?

More money than sense?

More money than sense?

why not? My train is paid for so going now regardless if I get a ticket or not!

Northernsoulboy01

why not? My train is paid for so going now regardless if I get a ticket or not!

Obviously different if you have taken a chance on prepaying for travel/accommodation.

There was a good chance our allocation would be small. If you could afford to waste money on a fruitless journey,then you would surely be able to afford the inflated prices when its confirmed you do have a ticket for the match.

Radioactive Mince

More money than sense?

Dunno about him/her, but if I cancel my flights, I can only get the taxes back so might as well go down anyway. I'm combining the trip with seeing an exiled mate on the Friday.

Hanging back on transport/hotels till i can secure a brief.Hopefully get one alright so here's hoping.

I can understand people wanting to go down but if it was to watch it in a boozer with loads of Jambos i could do that up here!

I can't understand why we sold section K today..... surely we should be giving them more to secure more for the away leg?

Radioactive Mince

I can't understand why we sold section K today..... surely we should be giving them more to secure more for the away leg?

Bingo! Couldn't agree more.

Francis Albert

What makes you think Spurs would release more seats for the away leg if we release more for the home leg? They'll release whatever they think will make them most money for the WHL game, whatever we do for Tynecastle. .

Hanging back on transport/hotels till i can secure a brief.Hopefully get one alright so here's hoping.

I can understand people wanting to go down but if it was to watch it in a boozer with loads of Jambos i could do that up here!

Same here. :thumb:

What makes you think Spurs would release more seats for the away leg if we release more for the home leg? They'll release whatever they think will make them most money for the WHL game, whatever we do for Tynecastle. .

I assume if we maybe gave 10% capacity to them that it would be reciprocal, thus ensuring as many travelling ST holders as possible could be accomodated. i appreciate that we are not a glamour tie for them, however, feel they would bring more than 2000

Wouldn't make a jot of difference except us having even less fans at the home tie

Radioactive Mince

Maybe she thinks, as do I, that perhaps giving them a more generous (fair, even?) allocation would give us a better negotiating position if it came to HMFC asking for more briefs. If we're arsey, they may potentially let certain parts of their ground lie empty instead of selling tickets to a couple more thousand of us.

It's not as if they need the money, is it?

Edit: Maybe I'm judging other clubs on our own standards of pettiness in these matters, I dunno.

Francis Albert

Maybe she thinks, as do I, that perhaps giving them a more generous (fair, even?) allocation would give us a better negotiating position if it came to HMFC asking for more briefs. If we're arsey, they may potentially let certain parts of their ground lie empty instead of selling tickets to a couple more thousand of us.

It's not as if they need the money, is it?

Edit: Maybe I'm judging other clubs on our own standards of pettiness in these matters, I dunno.

What do you base your opinion of Hearts "pettiness in these matters" on? And how are we being "arsey". We will sell out Tynecastle. In fact we could sell it out without any away fans.They won't sell out WHL, whatever they allocate to us.

Radioactive Mince

What do you base your opinion of Hearts "pettiness in these matters" on? And how are we being "arsey". We will sell out Tynecastle. In fact we could sell it out without any away fans.They won't sell out WHL, whatever they allocate to us.

Good.

What are we worrying about then? That's twice you've helped calm my nerves tonight, FA. I like it.

As for the pettiness comment, it's not entirely (at all?) relevant as there's no shared gate money at stake... Fair shout.

More money than sense?

I'm booked from Wednesday to Friday.

So it would still be worth a nice wee trip to London.

Not sure if I can get a refund on my train tickets. Travel Lodge will refund on the day if necessary.

It would be massively disappointing if we don't get tickets though.

Like I say, perhaps Spurs will up our allocation.

kingantti1874

It's a season ticket fixture for them... They will sell it out no problem...

Fxxx the SPFL

Sorry if posted already but Spurs website shows that they have been given an allocation of 1829 apprx 10% that would equate to us getting 3600

portobellojambo1

We could have if we had adopted a professional approach in dealing with ticket sales but it appears we have successfully managed to sell out the home end, including tickets going to anybody, irrespective of what team they support and what they intend doing with the tickets . HMFC had one thought in mind yesterday, money, and both on-line and in person were selling large batches of tickets to any fecker that wanted them.

The home end tickets should have gone to HMFC fans only, and I don't think for one second it would have been difficult for such proof to have been requested (on-line should never have been opened up at all). The Roseburn should have been given to Spurs, for no other reason than to ensure that at the very least we were allocated the full away entitlement at WHL, which is 2,900/3,000. Instead it appears we are getting one tier (either lower (?31) or upper (?36).

As this game is on their ST's they only have to shift around 10,000 tickets to fill WHL.

Archived