Murrayfield?

scott_jambo

RoussetsShorts

This is absolute rubbish. The games at Tyncastle. Fact. The attendance recently has been crap so no day trippers. If your Dad wants to watch the game and doesn't have a season ticket or hasnt been to a game in years he can watch it in the pub. First 12,000 tickets go to folk at the last game/ ST holders.

what about folk who have followed Hearts for 30 years, haven't been to many recent games but have been to lots over a life time. Are they allowed this one off treat or not?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tommy Wiseau

"Good decent people" going along to "savour the game" = atmosphere vacuums who will suck the life out of our magnificent stadium while munching on Tesco's own brand caramel popcorn and moaning about the price of a Capri Sun. :Vlad-Stupid:

what about folk who have followed Hearts for 30 years, haven't been to many recent games but have been to lots over a life time. Are they allowed this one off treat or not?

if they have been to any recent games in the last few years then they will be on the club system and would be allowed to buy tickets. Not sure why you are struggling with this concept :unsure:

"Good decent people" going along to "savour the game" = atmosphere vacuums who will suck the life out of our magnificent stadium while munching on Tesco's own brand caramel popcorn and moaning about the price of a Capri Sun. :Vlad-Stupid:

well said

Can we please stop all this murrayfield/tynecastle talk, murrayfield isn?t happening end of. Hearts have already specified Tynecastle as there designated stadium for this campaign and it can?t be changed so let?s move on.

incredible scenes on this thread.

Personally i dont go to games but my auntie loves watching stephen hendry when he's playing the snooker. As Stephen is a big hearts fan i'm pretty sure that guarantees me a ticket to the game, right?

Why must we go through this again... Had HEarts continued to play CT, then yes it would be different, protests etc would have taken place.

The fact is, he isnt playing for Hearts anymore.

And what is really so wrong with wanting good decent people to come along and savour the big game. Potentially could have even more come along with it being festival time and lots of people might want to come see Spurs play - what so wrong with that and taking advantage of that at Murrayfield.

festival time, great can't wait. so it'll be like the Barca friendly all over again.

applauding-audience.gif

20 odd thousand day trippers :down: No thanks

Guildford_Jambo

That pic is what imagine you look like.

Anyway, seriously, I really dont see what is so wrong in taking people along who may be interested. These so called Hearts fans you talk of should have been at the Paksi game, where were they all? Murrayfield would solve all the problems of who gets to go and who doesnt

Isn't this kind of thing what the loyalty points are for?

Yes,and will be used as we all know.Well,some of us!

Anyway, seriously, I really dont see what is so wrong in taking people along who may be interested. These so called Hearts fans you talk of should have been at the Paksi game, where were they all? Murrayfield would solve all the problems of who gets to go and who doesnt

sickening trolling here. :down:

Although Im sure Begbie is quite pleased you think he looks like the well turned out Mr Romanov :smuggy:

I will not need to worry as I have my season ticket in G so if it's at Tynie I'm sorted.

But if it is at Tynie the club should prioritise season tickets holders first, then supporters with recent purchase histories. And the small number of unsold tickets left can be sold to others. Therefore a much better chance of having 14 000 loyal, passionate supporters who will make lots noise.

Jambos who attend more games than others should be rewarded and this is the night they should be... we do not need people's (sorry Guildford_Jambo) relatives there who do not go to the games, aren't Hearts supporters and are only there for a wee experience. If you want your dad to see a game mate, take him to the Aberdeen game a week on Saturday; he shall be welcomed :).

As for Murrayfield, yes it will bring in more revenue and the facilities are better for the suties blah blah blah... but imagine a packed Tynecastle Stadium on a European night against Spurs. It would be a night to remember. :thumbsup: And more likely that we get a respectable result IMO.

You can get in but your mates ain't on the list, jog on, the games on telly, oh aye, no trainers

If you can get a ticket, sure. All I'm saying is any euro game is a treat and you have to give tickets to those who deserve them most first. Fair enough youve been to games for 30 years or your busy on saturdays but thats the problem with having a wee ground.

I would wager cost was up there in the reasons the crowd was 12 and a half against Paksi.

Auldreekie1874

Can we please stop all this murrayfield/tynecastle talk, murrayfield isn?t happening end of. Hearts have already specified Tynecastle as there designated stadium for this campaign and it can?t be changed so let?s move on.

Hearts have stated that should we reach the group stages then Tynecastle would no longer be compliant and we'll have to play somewhere else.

If we can move for the group stages then we can move for the play off round I'd imagine, especially with tv crews/media etc all requiring sufficient space, amenities etc.

Tommy Wiseau

Only when I read your posts champ. :verysmug: (<----- now I look like that).

I talk of proper supporters like myself who were at the game last night. Assuming Spurs get a decent whack of the Rosie/all of it, that only leaves a few hundred for the part timers and J. Come-Latelies to fight over. Good luck to them with that. :verysmug:

Murrayfield certainly would solve the problem of how to have a half empty stadium and a shite atmosphere with loads of neutrals and Tesco own brand popcorn munchers. Not sure about much else though. :verysmug:

Tynie anytime, but I think it will be at Muddyfield money talks

AAAARGH this thread is a bombscare ITS AT TYNIE its on the Hearts web site!

incredible scenes on this thread.

Personally i dont go to games but my auntie loves watching stephen hendry when he's playing the snooker. As Stephen is a big hearts fan i'm pretty sure that guarantees me a ticket to the game, right?

ha ha. My great aunt was in the same nursery as Ronnie Corbett... wheres my ticket??

syndicalist

I haven't been to a Hearts game for 20 years, but expect to get priority because its a glamour game. What's wrong with that?

p.s I do think Vlad will be doing all he can to change the game to muddyfield. Couple of million off the debt or in his back pocket will be too tempting.

Tynie anytime, but I think it will be at Muddyfield money talks

But it don't sing and dance and it can't walk.

Tynecastle on a big European night is sensational. 100 million times better than we'd ever achieve at Murrayfield.

Moving the tie to Murrayfield would spoil what could be a fantastic night. Murrayfield is a poor stadium for fitbaverymad.gif

Thankfully Vlad knows thisthumbsup.gif

I haven't been to a Hearts game for 20 years, but expect to get priority because its a glamour game. What's wrong with that?

Why should you?

Murrayfield is an advantage to Spurs, keeping the pitch tight and atmosphere enclosed helps us. Going to Murrayfield, you might as well hand the tie to Spurs.

Loyal supporters should be given priority because they dip their hand in their pocket to support the club in all weathers, not just when we draw a glamour club. Hope this helps. :smuggy:

Due to work and other commitments I struggle to go to games week in week out. Does the fact that I need to earn money make me any less deserving than another person to go to a game? I get that season ticket holders come first, and so they should, but I'm no less a jambo because I have to work on matchday and I want a ticket for this like nothing else.

Ryan Gosling

We will only play it at Murrayfield if Tynecastle isn't suitable re: facilities. I hear it will be at Tynie though.

Ewen Murray has just posted o twitter he has it on good authority the game will be played at tynie <_<

Hearts have stated that should we reach the group stages then Tynecastle would no longer be compliant and we'll have to play somewhere else.

If we can move for the group stages then we can move for the play off round I'd imagine, especially with tv crews/media etc all requiring sufficient space, amenities etc.

Where did They ever say that ?

The club has nominated before the tournament began there intended home venue, there is absolutely no chance of it being changed after the tournament has started

Father Tiresias

A draw against a top English side in a competative match does not come around too often therefore I would imagine the owner getting the tie played at Murrayfield if that is at all possiblein order to maximise revenue.

One downside about drawing Spurs is that Harry Redknapp has already said that he will be concentrating on the Premiership this season and that fringe and reserve players would be played in the Europa Cup.

EDIT: Just seen the STV news story!!

Tommy Wiseau

Due to work and other commitments I struggle to go to games week in week out. Does the fact that I need to earn money make me any less deserving than another person to go to a game? I get that season ticket holders come first, and so they should, but I'm no less a jambo because I have to work on matchday and I want a ticket for this like nothing else.

Glad we're on the same page. :smuggy:

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Roussetsshorts must be a terrible son, imo. If your old man is such a big-game hunter then why didn't you take him to Wembley in May? Too much hassle for you? Your Dad not worth it, nut?

I'd be embarrassed to have you as my offspring. :(

Ryan Gosling

Not really. the thread is now about all of these roasters who think they deserve a ticket because they went to a game 30 years ago.

Plot twist.

:interesting:

I went to a Scotland game once. I should get priority for the World Cup Final.

Dean Winchester

:what:

Are you being serious? :blink:

Mr Brightside

Here is a novel idea, everyone who wants to bring friends / relatives / wives along for a big game, bring them to other games during the league season.

If all these people came along more often the club would make more money and invest in the playing squad making european qualification more regular and the opportunity of a big tie like this more frequent. Then they club could afford to build a big shiny new mainstand and everyone who wants to attend these big games can do.

As a season ticket holder I am looking forward to the attending the Spurs game.

Financially, the club would make more from the game at Murrayfield but the atmosphere at Tynecastle will be tremendous so Tynecastle gets my vote.

PsychocAndy

Glad it's at Tynie, even though we were there last night, we might struggle to get tickets for the game, it should always be at Tynie. Thats our Home.

Deans Jambo

Don't give a toss how much it's worth, this is arguably one of the biggest games in Hearts history and i want us to give ourselves the best chance of winning as we can, because last time I checked that's what football is all about, "winners and losers" ,if we win this will go down as one of the " Glorious nights" in our long and proud history.

In 20 years time no one is going to say remember the night we made ?2m when we played Spurs, but should we win at a packed Tynecastle then it will be a night we will never forget, and that my friend is something that money will never buy

Tynecastle for me, who knows we might not be there for much longer, let's saviour every chance to enjoy nights like this.

Don't get why playing the game at Tynie gives us the best chance of a win. Did we not get beat several times at home last season including 3-0 defeats to Killie and Well ffs

RoussetsShorts

Roussetsshorts must be a terrible son, imo. If your old man is such a big-game hunter then why didn't you take him to Wembley in May? Too much hassle for you? Your Dad not worth it, nut?

I'd be embarrassed to have you as my offspring. :(

Listen pal, my old man will be going to this game no matter what. I just hope he gets your ticket. :thumbsup:

This is a once in a lifetime match, a playoff vs english opposition, its a huge match, glamourous tie, everybody wants to go including non regulars, i hope as many of them as possible get tickets just to annoy you. :thumbsup:

RoussetsShorts

Not really. the thread is now about all of these roasters who think they deserve a ticket because they went to a game 30 years ago.

were you in stuttgart? were you in bordeaux? were you in Braga? were you Basel? were you in Athens?

were you in stuttgart? were you in bordeaux? were you in Braga? were you Basel? were you in Athens?

was your dad? :unsure:

I have been to away euro matches with hearts before. As a season ticket holder who actually puts money into this club I don't need to justify my hearts supporting credentials to chancers like you :verysmug:

Tommy Wiseau

Listen pal, my old man will be going to this game no matter what. I just hope he gets your ticket. :thumbsup:

This is a once in a lifetime match, a playoff vs english opposition, its a huge match, glamourous tie, everybody wants to go including non regulars, i hope as many of them as possible get tickets just to annoy you. :thumbsup:

Fortunately as only our most loyal supporters will be eligible to purchase tickets that won't happen. Nice to dream though eh? :smuggy:

Reckon Footlights will probably be showing it tbf. Might be an option for your old man. :thumbsup:

Guest Borat

GET IT ******* RIGHT UP YE to all the glory hunters/hangers on/roasters wanting to cash in at the expense of what will be one of the greatest atmospheres Tynecastle has ever seen just so some banter bashers, part time supporters and tourists can come and watch Spurs rather than Hearts.

I cant wait

:yas:

:jjyay:

:pleasingao:

At Tynecastle you can John Wilson Harry Redknapp. What can you do at Murrayfield? Sit a quarter of a mile from the pitch and be told to sit down by Pablo the sleepy Spanish tourist and some Edinburgh bufties who make one Hearts game every 5 years.

PLEASING NEWS

I CANT WAIT.

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Why would he have my ticket? It's sitting in my wallet along with my other cards. Is your Dad a thief?

I hope you're not confused over 'non-regulars' and 'day-trippers', either, because that would be embarrassing. And I won't be annoyed either, my time will be fantastic, much more than the randoms who're treating the tie as a trip to M&Ds. thumbsup.gif

RoussetsShorts

Fortunately as only our most loyal supporters will be eligible to purchase tickets that won't happen. Nice to dream though eh? :smuggy:

Reckon Footlights will probably be showing it tbf. Might be an option for your old man. :thumbsup:

what happens if you know one the directors of the club?

Archived