Murrayfield?

scott_jambo

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

There will be 40 thousand plus at Murrayfield and at 30 quid a ticket we'd pull in 1.2m from gate money alone. Extra hospitality, merchandising etc. make it a no brainer. Rather it was at Tynie though.

If we do take 40,000 to Murrayfield it'll look gash with all the empty seats and a large proportion won't be Hearts fans. You'll get loads of randoms just turning up for the game and diluting the atmosphere totally.

No thanks.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taken from the Hearts site

The first leg will take place at Tynecastle on August 18th, with the return leg at White Hart Lane a week later on the 25th.

Tada

gorgieheart

SURELY WAY TOO LATE TO CHANGE TO MURRAYFIELD ?

Guildford_Jambo

Well if you had a season ticket you'd be sorted for your ticket at Tynie :thumbsup:

How about those of us with season tickets who want to take along friends/family to this game - we couldnt sit with them unless its at Murrayfield...

Deans Jambo

If we don't play this at Murrayfield then we'd be absolutely nuts!!

This! I totally get where the s.ticket holders are coming from but the facilities for this match such as corporate are all much better at Murrayfield. We have to remember how much f in money this will generate. The interest i'm getting already i believe we will fill the egg chasers dome.

The game will not be moved to Murrayfield. Hearts confirmed this at the start of the season that all European games will be at Tynie and has passed inspections already for european games.

How about those of us with season tickets who want to take along friends/family to this game - we couldnt sit with them unless its at Murrayfield...

Don't take them. This isn't a day trip ffs. Who really wants a proper Hearts fan to be put out because some whopper decided to take his cousin cos he once liked Spurs on the telly?

**** that. Anyone who does that is a bit of a wrong'un.

So obviously you'd want to.

rudi must stay

Could be a sell-out.

Do you think Vlad will take the financially viable option?

I don't like Murrayfield usually, but it was great against Barcelona and we would get similar crowd for this one.

Imagine 30,000-40,000 singing the Hearts song.

Obviously it would be nice to bring Spurs to Tynecastle though.

Thoughts?

he might. But I hope he doesn't, having done quite well in the Champions League they're used to playing in big arenas like that, it would be the same as against Barca we'd struggle to get the ball..

yabadabadoo1874again

Well if you had a season ticket you'd be sorted for your ticket at Tynie :thumbsup:

I know... : ( but family want to go...interest is great already !!! Spurs are are on the move too .... should be a great night !!! : )

Guildford_Jambo

Don't take them. This isn't a day trip ffs. Who really wants a proper Hearts fan to be put out because some whopper decided to take his cousin cos he once liked Spurs on the telly?

**** that. Anyone who does that is a bit of a wrong'un.

So obviously you'd want to.

Shut up!

Maybe I know people who wouldnt normally go to the games coz of work at weekends or whatever and may be interested in coming along to this. What is so wrong with that?

If we play at tynecastle I really hope we keep the tickets for actual hearts fans instead of glory hunters and peoples cousins who love the EPL :vrface:

Shut up!

Maybe I know people who wouldnt normally go to the games coz of work at weekends or whatever and may be interested in coming along to this. What is so wrong with that?

If they're Hearts fans then there's no problem.

Taking your girlfriend/cousin/extended family just because it's a big occasion is wrong though. Especially when actual fans are going to struggle.

Shut up!

glory-DVDcover.jpg

Young%20Moose%20Hunter%20full.jpg

RoussetsShorts

If we play at tynecastle I really hope we keep the tickets for actual hearts fans instead of glory hunters and peoples cousins who love the EPL :vrface:

so i can't take my dad who isn't a Hearts fan but would love to experience this match? ram your face palm, so many uber fans on here its unreal.

so i can't take my dad who isn't a Hearts fan but would love to experience this match? ram your face palm, so many uber fans on here its unreal.

You'd bump a fellow Hearts fan to give your old man a day out when it's obvious he won't appreciate it even half as much as the Hearts fan would?

we'd better move it to Murrayfield then! :D

Guildford_Jambo

If they're Hearts fans then there's no problem.

Taking your girlfriend/cousin/extended family just because it's a big occasion is wrong though. Especially when actual fans are going to struggle.

I dont see the problem of Season ticket holders maybe wanting to take a friend/family member along for a change to show them what its like going to a big game

he might. But I hope he doesn't, having done quite well in the Champions League they're used to playing in big arenas like that, it would be the same as against Barca we'd struggle to get the ball..

I think you will find we will struggle to get the ball no matter where we play. :)

so i can't take my dad who isn't a Hearts fan but would love to experience this match?

preferably not. Not if it means a fan who actually goes to games can't get in.

if its murrayfield I dont give a ****.

RoussetsShorts

You'd bump a fellow Hearts fan to give your old man a day out when it's obvious he won't appreciate it even half as much as the Hearts fan would?

its a cruel world isn't it but there'll be plenty corporate fans there for the occasion, may aswell join in.

Guildford_Jambo

Exactly!

Some people here need to grow up

Its Bayern all over again!:rolleyes:

"A tenner? You're at it,Mercer!"

Byt Vlad gives us heavy backing. He deserves it!

RoussetsShorts

preferably not. Not if it means a fan who actually goes to games can't get in.

if its murrayfield I dont give a ****.

well there was only 12k at the Paks match so there'll be plenty non attenders coming this time, deal with it.

IMO fans registered on club database (ie those with previous buying history) should get priority after Season ticket holders

its a cruel world isn't it but there'll be plenty corporate fans there for the occasion, may aswell join in.

That's why they'll be paying ?100+ for the privilege. Corporate will be a mix of Hearts fans and folk wanting the full executive experience on a big day. That's totally different from snapping up a ?15 ticket in the Main Stand so you can give your Dad a day trip at the expense of someone who's followed the team for years. Even if they don't attend regularly they're still way more deserving of that brief than your Dad and you know it.

I think a team of Spurs calibre is one that could really test the Murrayfield theory?

Forget the Barca match

This is a showpiece game that also COUNTS and it could easily attract TWICE tynie's capacity !

I'm sorry but I just don't hold with this fortress Tynie pish either and unless Spurs have an off night

it's going to be a hard shift for all those in Maroon.

First of all I'd prefer Tynecastle but....

Murrayfield would allow us to cash in.

Murrayfield would allow a bigger crowd

I also don't think that the atmosphere would be too bad, given who we are playing. They would bring a sizeable support and I reckon that would make the atmosphere pretty good.

Although not as good as Tynie!

Guildford_Jambo

That's why they'll be paying ?100+ for the privilege. Corporate will be a mix of Hearts fans and folk wanting the full executive experience on a big day. That's totally different from snapping up a ?15 ticket in the Main Stand so you can give your Dad a day trip at the expense of someone who's followed the team for years. Even if they don't attend regularly they're still way more deserving of that brief than your Dad and you know it.

ehhh

What makes someone who picks and choses which games to go to any more deserving than someone wanting to go along to experience the day/night out?

shhhh

IMO fans registered on club database (ie those with previous buying history) should get priority after Season ticket holders

:thumbsup: Good shout.

One ticket per season ticket holder then people who have bought tickets in the past. If that means your glory hunting dad/mum/cousin can't get in then tough shit.

ehhh

What makes someone who picks and choses which games to go to any more deserving than someone wanting to go along to experience the day/night out?

shhhh

Because he's a fan in some capacity whereas your extended family isn't and they'd just be there to sample a big game, which they could do anywhere else. This isn't difficult, Guildford. thumbsup.gif

ehhh

shhhh

:lol:

why does someone who has actually been to a game before deserve a ticket over somebody who hasnt? Hmmm I wonder. :Vlad-Stupid:

Maybe you guys could have a Craig Thomson protest instead if you can't all get tickets. :whistling:

rudi must stay

I think you will find we will struggle to get the ball no matter where we play. :)

you're probably right. But Tynecastle would make a difference, it's a much narrow pitch and the stands are right on top of the players.

Tommy Wiseau

ehhh

shhhh

Loyal supporters should be given priority because they dip their hand in their pocket to support the club in all weathers, not just when we draw a glamour club. Hope this helps. :smuggy:

RoussetsShorts

:lol:

why does someone who has actually been to a game before deserve a ticket over somebody who hasnt? Hmmm I wonder. :Vlad-Stupid:

Maybe you guys could have a Craig Thomson protest instead if you can't all get tickets. :whistling:

I'll get tickets no problem pal, i'll say a little prayer tonight to the ticket gods in hope that your postie nicks yours.

Guildford_Jambo

Loyal supporters should be given priority because they dip their hand in their pocket to support the club in all weathers, not just when we draw a glamour club. Hope this helps. :smuggy:

Not really

I agree season ticket holders should get priority... then what about the season ticket holders who have friends/family who they want to go with?

Guildford_Jambo

I'll get tickets no problem pal, i'll say a little prayer tonight to the ticket gods in hope that your postie nicks yours.

hahahahaa

a couple of weeks ago you were wanting boycotts and protests against the club, now all of a sudden your wanting to bring along football tourists? morals go out the window for a plum tie do they? :whistling:

this game should be kept at Tynecastle as a reward for all the S/T holders who continue to back the club each year, not a chance for day trippers who fancy watching an EPL team in the flesh.

This! I totally get where the s.ticket holders are coming from but the facilities for this match such as corporate are all much better at Murrayfield. We have to remember how much f in money this will generate. The interest i'm getting already i believe we will fill the egg chasers dome.

Don't give a toss how much it's worth, this is arguably one of the biggest games in Hearts history and i want us to give ourselves the best chance of winning as we can, because last time I checked that's what football is all about, "winners and losers" ,if we win this will go down as one of the " Glorious nights" in our long and proud history.

In 20 years time no one is going to say remember the night we made ?2m when we played Spurs, but should we win at a packed Tynecastle then it will be a night we will never forget, and that my friend is something that money will never buy

Tynecastle for me, who knows we might not be there for much longer, let's saviour every chance to enjoy nights like this.

:laugh:

:seething:

Not really

I agree season ticket holders should get priority... then what about the season ticket holders who have friends/family who they want to go with?

Tough shit. Go to the pictures or something with them if family time suddenly means so much to you. Don't **** over your fans.

not much chance of that since I have my Smartcard :verysmug:

Im :seething:

I'll probably no get to take my great aunt betty to the game to sample a the atmosphere. She even knows Hearts play in Edinburgh. Disgusted.

Guildford_Jambo

a couple of weeks ago you were wanting boycotts and protests against the club, now all of a sudden your wanting to bring along football tourists? morals go out the window for a plum tie do they? :whistling:

this game should be kept at Tynecastle as a reward for all the S/T holders who continue to back the club each year, not a chance for day trippers who fancy watching an EPL team in the flesh.

Why must we go through this again... Had HEarts continued to play CT, then yes it would be different, protests etc would have taken place.

The fact is, he isnt playing for Hearts anymore.

And what is really so wrong with wanting good decent people to come along and savour the big game. Potentially could have even more come along with it being festival time and lots of people might want to come see Spurs play - what so wrong with that and taking advantage of that at Murrayfield.

RoussetsShorts

not much chance of that since I have my Smartcard :verysmug:

fingers crossed you lose it and miss most of the match Q'ing for a replacement.

This is absolute rubbish. The games at Tyncastle. Fact. The attendance recently has been crap so no day trippers. If your Dad wants to watch the game and doesn't have a season ticket or hasnt been to a game in years he can watch it in the pub. First 12,000 tickets go to folk at the last game/ ST holders.

Tommy Wiseau

Not really

What about them?

I'm sure they'll manage to find a stream. :smuggy:

Boab Mugabe

Tough shit. Go to the pictures or something with them if family time suddenly means so much to you. Don't **** over your fans.

Bingo-man.jpg

Why must we go through this again... Had HEarts continued to play CT, then yes it would be different, protests etc would have taken place.

The fact is, he isnt playing for Hearts anymore.

And what is really so wrong with wanting good decent people to come along and savour the big game. Potentially could have even more come along with it being festival time and lots of people might want to come see Spurs play - what so wrong with that and taking advantage of that at Murrayfield.

oh I didn't realise they were good decent people. This changes everything.

Guildford_Jambo

oh I didn't realise they were good decent people. This changes everything.

Lets just agree to disagree

Archived