Murrayfield?

scott_jambo

scott_jambo

Could be a sell-out.

Do you think Vlad will take the financially viable option?

I don't like Murrayfield usually, but it was great against Barcelona and we would get similar crowd for this one.

Imagine 30,000-40,000 singing the Hearts song.

Obviously it would be nice to bring Spurs to Tynecastle though.

Thoughts?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mid Calder Jambo

Tynie for me. Guaranteed a seat and with an atmosphere better than last night the games a goodun

Clerry Jambo

Could be a sell-out.

Do you think Vlad will take the financially viable option?

I don't like Murrayfield usually, but it was great against Barcelona and we would get similar crowd for this one.

Imagine 30,000-40,000 singing the Hearts song.

Obviously it would be nice to bring Spurs to Tynecastle though.

Thoughts?

Is this an option to go to Muddyfield?

Dean Winchester

Tynie for me. Guaranteed a seat and with an atmosphere better than last night the games a goodun

This.

Tynecastle every day of the week with the circa 15k fans who attend most games as opposed to Murrayfield with thousands of day trippers.

Hawick Jambo

Hope its Tynie - to give us as big a chance as poss.

It may mean a lot of disappointed people (like me) can't get a ticket, but what an atmosphere it'll be

the benchmark for any hearts game is now the AEK athens match. 32,000 or so.

forget 40,000 for cup finals. forget 53,000 for the barca match. we will not be able to greatly exceed the AEK gate unless we start winning the league or going to the champions league games again.

Tynecastle every day of the week with the circa 15k fans who attend most games as opposed to Murrayfield with thousands of day trippers.

Same same.

the benchmark for any hearts game is now the AEK athens match. 32,000 or so.

forget 40,000 for cup finals. forget 53,000 for the barca match. we will not be able to greatly exceed the AEK gate unless we start winning the league or going to the champions league games again.

yeah, but Spurs will have a far bigger support than Athens. We'd get 40,000 for this easy.

Is this an option to go to Muddyfield?

IIRC, I dont think it is. I thought the stadium you play in had to be 'declared'? If thats the case then moving to Murrayfield isnt an option.

yeah, but Spurs will have a far bigger support than Athens. We'd get 40,000 for this easy.

fair point. forgot about them.

jack D and coke

I'm not sure Spurs will be taking this seriously. Theyll bring maybe 5000 but not a lot more. After their CL exploits the Europa league will be a bit of a comedown.

Whilst our slim chance of qualification might be slightly expanded at Tynecastle, playing this fixture at Murrayfield will make us an absolute fortune in comparison. Should be MF if possible.

Tommy Wiseau

There's only one stadium in the land fit to host a glamour clash like this one. Clue: it's not Murrayfield. :verysmug:

Hearts have nominated Tynecastle as our home stadium prior to the group stages and this can't be changed. Murrayfield is not an option....

True!

God forbid we bring in any potential new fans!!

Let them continue to head west.... :thumbsup:

Hearts have nominated Tynecastle as our home stadium prior to the group stages and this can't be changed. Murrayfield is not an option....

This is how I understand the situation.

Tynecastle it is :thumbsup:

True!

God forbid we bring in any potential new fans!!

Let them continue to head west.... :thumbsup:

They can come to any match they so desire throughout the season. New fans who only go to big games? - hardly worth losing a great atmosphere at Tynie for them to sit in silence at Murrayfield.

loveofthegame

Better be Tynie. Don't care about people missing out. As a ST holder i'm guaranteed my seat, as it should be. Spurs at Tynie is a dream.

Chad Sexington

Our greatest weapon in this tie is Tynecastle and we have to utilize it.

Who knows, maybe Spurs big time Charlies wont fancy it.

Remember Bayern Munich? :thumbsup:

Torn with this one see the + and -.

Tynie would be bouncing, Murrayfield not so much but a bigger crowd.

In all probability we will get knocked out as a very tough game, so maybe Hearts should look to make as much money as they can and cash in. TV deal also.

Tough call.

Better be Tynie. Don't care about people missing out. As a ST holder i'm guaranteed my seat, as it should be. Spurs at Tynie is a dream.

Post of the day! :thumbsup:

Yep, that's the case. Think could only be changed in emergency - your stadium faws doon or something.

We should be playing all our home games at home anyway. Right on top of them at Tynie. We'd have had much more chance of reaching the CL had we played our quals at home.

Tommy Wiseau

PS. Potential new signings and sponsors will not be impressed by a half full Murrayfield, sounding like a morgue with all the boycotters, neutrals and J. Come-Latelies sitting about biscuit arsed.

They will be impressed by a rocking Tynie atmosphere, packed to the rafters and the songs getting belted out.

We can show the Premiership what we're all about at Tynie, thanks. :verysmug:

Guildford_Jambo

PS. Potential new signings and sponsors will not be impressed by a half full Murrayfield, sounding like a morgue with all the boycotters, neutrals and J. Come-Latelies sitting about biscuit arsed.

They will be impressed by a rocking Tynie atmosphere, packed to the rafters and the songs getting belted out.

We can show the Premiership what we're all about at Tynie, thanks. :verysmug:

When are tickets for the home game available? Anyone know?

Unless you work in the accounts department at Hearts, why the **** would you even contemplate Murrayfield?

Tynie is our home. End of.

RoussetsShorts

**** murrayfield

?68 a ticket at Tynie matches ?30 a ticket for 40,000 at the rugby ground.

I'd happily pay the extra for Tynie. Its a total one off.

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Barcelona was not "great" - it was shite.

This.

Total gash.

If we gave Spurs the Roseburn they'd fill it. They're one of the few London teams that sell out most of their aways. Arsenal, Chelsea and Fulham don't really sell well north of Birmingham.

Plus they have good fans.

**** murrayfield

Calm doon!

?68?

That would get me three nice sweaters and some socks!

Malinga the Swinga

if you accept we will never win the Europa league, and that the idea of it is to make some decent money, but you also accept that Tynecastle is our home ground and the match should be played there, then you will accept the prices must reflect the match and the oponenets, and therefore a premium must be paid.

I reckon minimum pricing for home game, for adults, should be ?45, rising to ?80 for best seats. Children and OAP's should be minimum ?25, and students should be ?30 - ?35 (I'm not a student, but accept they don't have much cash).

As for hospitality, then that wil be way over ?100, but that is acceptable. Don't want to hear folk moaning prices are too high, as we have to take chance to raise as much as we can from, what in all probability, will be our last Euro game at home this season.

**** murrayfield

and it would be a half full Tynie. Folk will not pay ?68 for a ticket. :D

Tommy Wiseau

We should not be fleecing our own fans for the sake of squeezing an extra few quid out of this. Getting a draw like this is a big reward for the club's hard work and the fans' support. Charging us double or triple would be a major :Vlad-Stupid: and also probably against the rules of the competition I'd imagine.

RoussetsShorts

and it would be a half full Tynie. Folk will not pay ?68 for a ticket. :D

well then none of us have any grounds for complaint if they move it. ?68 is probably an average premiership seat these days.

Ryan Gosling

Tynecastle has to pass an inspection from UEFA to see if the facilities are up to scratch for the play-off round. If it doesn't we'll need to move.

vintage1874

Unless you work in the accounts department at Hearts, why the **** would you even contemplate Murrayfield?

Tynie is our home. End of.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

yabadabadoo1874again

More fans experiencing great summer eve!!! id take 5 tickets for murrayfield v gettin zero for Tynie... i vote Murrayfield !!!

colinmaroon

Calm doon!

?68?

That would get me three nice sweaters and some socks!

Now that really did make me smile!!!

We definitely need to get a new stadium at some point. Teams like Spurs will think the changing room facilities belong in the dark ages, that old stand is way past it's best. Murrayfield would be packed for this one and seats should be cheaper to get more in. If Hearts think they can charge whatever they like to get into the game then they could be in for a bit of a shock, last night's price for non-season ticket holders was dear enough.

There will be 40 thousand plus at Murrayfield and at 30 quid a ticket we'd pull in 1.2m from gate money alone. Extra hospitality, merchandising etc. make it a no brainer. Rather it was at Tynie though.

More fans experiencing great summer eve!!! id take 5 tickets for murrayfield v gettin zero for Tynie... i vote Murrayfield !!!

buy a season ticket then get priority for home ties, its simple :thumbsup:

Dean Winchester

Well if you had a season ticket you'd be sorted for your ticket at Tynie :thumbsup:

Archived