Pressley is spot on

Howdy Doody Jambo

kingantti1874

If you genuinely believe Desmond is a worse owner than Romanov then that's your opinion but not one i understand.

And i can't believe you are so deluded that you are even calling the media monkeys, no one can be in such awe of Romanov that the believe that, can they?

hmm yes i do becuase there are literally dozens of examples where hearts / romanov get less than fair treatment at the hands of the press, im at work so dont have time to debate with you at length but i will direct you to Ewan Murrays guardian article - this is what unbiased journalism looks like, whilst its certainly fair to highlight the negative tings about the man due consideration should be given to the postives he has brung to the club and the reasons why has still garners support..

you no doubt, fall for the sensationlist, ill inoformed garbage spoon fed to you by the red tops and real glasgow radio, i much prefer journalists who can stick to the facts and put forward a balanced arguement, something that none of the monkeys have been able to acheieve with any level of consistency

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait to see the tears and snotters on here tonight when Mr Sergio's boys THRASH these mugs.

smugqq.png

Why would there be tears? You can be a hearts man without licking arse and hating Elvis.

I assume you back Webster because Vlad brought him back aye? Sook sook.

Supporting Vlad makes you no more or no less of a hearts fan than others. PROPER fans will be there tonight backing the side and manager, others will sit on here with smug smilies I'd imagine.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Yes he keeps his nose out and provides good financial backing so yes it does make him better.

Ok, so by that token you would swap Vlad for every other owner in the SPL? I suppose Septic's signing policy of randoms from Far East countries like Du Wei (utter garbage) to help drive the Septic brand was purely a managerial decision and nothing to do with their board of course? :rolleyes:

Also great argument calling him a monkey headed manager, real mature debate.

So, as a Hearts fan, you never said that Tony Mowbray didn't have simian features? Hmmm, sniff, sniff. BTW, leaving that aside, Mowbray is an overrated manager and how he ever got the Septic job is beyond me but there you go.

They got to the Europa League groups 2 or 3 season ago, lets see if we do that.

Given Septic's resources, you think that's an achievement?

hmm yes i do becuase there are literally dozens of examples where hearts / romanov get less than fair treatment at the hands of the press, im at work so dont have time to debate with you at length but i will direct you to Ewan Murrays guardian article - this is what unbiased journalism looks like, whilst its certainly fair to highlight t

he negative tings about the man due consideration should be given to the postives he has brung to the club and the reasons why has still garners support..

you no doubt, fall for the sensationlist, ill inoformed

garbage spoon fed to you by the red tops and real glasgow radio, i much prefer journalists who can stick to the facts and put forward a balanced arguement, something that none of the monkeys have been able to acheieve with any

level of consistency

I like the fact that the one piece written Pro Romanov is the correct and articulate one. Who decides that like?

kingantti1874

Listen, I think DD is a Celtic minded tit who appointed John Reid to push his agenda.

Like Romanov has at hearts he has successfully managed to set an "us against them" mentality and it's neither any of the clubs fault when something goes wrong and the support pursue this too.

The difference is though Desmond still gets 60,000 supporters going to the games, he gives the managers he appoints the money to go out and win the league, even if the managers are the wrong choice.

Our crowds have been falling since 2006, Romanov doesnt give the managers enough money to win the league then sacks them for not doing so.

People are saying Lennon and McCoist would be sacked for winning one in 15 NO THEY WOULDNT....

If Celtic or rangers won the league this season and tied it almost by Christmas the support wouldn't care about the run of no wins if they turned out champions. JJ aimed and had the money for third, he achieved this.. We were all happy...THEN romanov got involved and people changed face.

2005-2006 was an aberration in hearts history in terms of attendance, a good one and one which coulod happen again if we can produce a competitive exciting team which is capable of challenging for the top honours, unfortunately we have to live beyond our means to achieve that.

under vladimir romanov have hearts averaged bigger crows than under the srewardship of either of our previous 2 owners - FACT boom goes that arguement

So, to qualify that, what would be the difference, since you have no argument with the comments, if Neil Lennon or Ally McCoist had uttered these statements rather than Pressley or Houston?

Then i think they would be entitled to their opinion but i wouldn't be too interested because these men have no real interest in Hearts.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Listen, I think DD is a Celtic minded tit who appointed John Reid to push his agenda.

Like Romanov has at hearts he has successfully managed to set an "us against them" mentality and it's neither any of the clubs fault when something goes wrong and the support pursue this too.

Agreed.

The difference is though Desmond still gets 60,000 supporters going to the games, he gives the managers he appoints the money to go out and win the league, even if the managers are the wrong choice.

:laugh: A major FAIL here. The only time Fawlty Towers is anywhere near sold out these days is for a European match or for an Old Farce game.

Our crowds have been falling since 2006, Romanov doesnt give the managers enough money to win the league then sacks them for not doing so.

Of course, our crowds have been falling since 2006. Playing with stats though. Romanov took over in the 2004-05 season. We were averaging around 10K then so we are significantly up over his ownership period.

People are saying Lennon and McCoist would be sacked for winning one in 15 NO THEY WOULDNT....

If Celtic or rangers won the league this season and tied it almost by Christmas the support wouldn't care about the run of no wins if they turned out champions. JJ aimed and had the money for third, he achieved this.. We were all happy...THEN romanov got involved and people changed face.

Rubbish, and you know it! Mowbray showed better form than that and was still emptied.

kingantti1874

I like the fact that the one piece written Pro Romanov is the correct and articulate one. Who decides that like?

if you read the article, you will see that is not pro romanov but is fairly balanced. Whilst it highlighted the negatives it also spelt out the facts and the positives of his reign... something I have never ever come across in any other tabloid press article.

listen we all know the guy is a bit nuts, but he has also done a hell of a lot of good for hearts. Everytime he does or says anything too many people whine like little bitches... what harm does it do? there is no such thing a bad publicity... and the monkeys thing is a blatant troll

Geoff Kilpatrick

Then i think they would be entitled to their opinion but i wouldn't be too interested because these men have no real interest in Hearts.

And you wouldn't say it's none of their business?

I know I would.

Doesn't it annoy you whenever we play the gruesomes and our manager is bombarded with questions about the opposition as the monkeys seek an angle for a story about the gruesomes rather than us?

Jam Tarts 1874

Neither Rangers nor Celtic would win the league if they won only one out of 15 games. How many games did Mowbray and LeGuen lose before they were sacked?

2005-2006 was an aberration in hearts history in terms of attendance, a good one and one which coulod happen again if we can produce a competitive exciting team which is capable of challenging for the top honours, unfortunately we have to live beyond our means to achieve that.

under vladimir romanov have hearts averaged bigger crows than under the srewardship of either of our previous 2 owners - FACT boom goes that arguement

We were dominating the league that season thanks to Romanov's money and George Burley's very good management, Romanov wasn't getting all the credit so sacked Burley and cost us our chance of winning the league.

'FACT boom, there's another argument about Romanov being a poor owner.

Why would there be tears? You can be a hearts man without licking arse and hating Elvis.

I assume you back Webster because Vlad brought him back aye? Sook sook.

Supporting Vlad makes you no more or no less of a hearts fan than others. PROPER fans will be there tonight backing the side and manager, others will sit on here with smug smilies I'd imagine.

You're welling up already.

When Mr Sergio's boys HUMILIATE these Hungarian imposters tonight, will it be a gentle sob, or full blown wailing for you Jezza?

You can tell me tomorrow, as:

a ) You won't be on here due to a red face and Andrex burns to the beak

and

b ) I'll be in les Arms du Athletique celebrating a RESOUNDING victory.

under vladimir romanov have hearts averaged bigger cr

ows than under the srewardship of either of our previous 2 owners - FACT boom goes that arguement

[/

What does it matter if he has got bigger crowds than 2 other owners like?

He's won as much as Pieman - fact.

Re argument is DD v Vlad no? Celtic consistently get 60,000 every season our support is dropping. FACT.

Why is this you might ask? Because up there Celtic have the ambition to win stuff and use a thing called money to back this up. Vlads ambition is to win things (apparently) where is the financial investment such as Celtic or even rangers? If it was there we would have sell outs every season too.

You can't have it both ways, were either ambitious to win the league and match Dermond and have failed big time to invest, match and win stuff or we are nowhere near Celtic and DDS investment - if we were like you said in 2006 our support would reflect this.

You're welling up already.

When Mr Sergio's boys HUMILIATE these Hungarian imposters tonight, will it be a gentle sob, or full blown wailing for you Jezza?

You can tell me tomorrow, as:

a ) You won't be on here due to a red face and Andrex burns to the beak

and

b ) I'll be in les Arms du Athletique celebrating a RESOUNDING victory.

Might see you in there, will you have a cartoon on your t shirt?

I'll be way too hungover too post until late afternoon tomorrow mate, just to let you know!

Pub time, im in the haymarket for a light lunch an a bev if you fancy a jar big boy. They have wifi.

Gigolo-Aunt

I'm not sure that is correct, Jezza.

If one of my Celtic mates comments are anything to go by, their season ticket sales and waiting lists are nowhere near what they were under the days of O'Neill + Strachan.

Maybe not but his club does make ridiculous claims about its size and standing and how Scottish football holds it back from realising its true potential, denigrating the rest of the game in the process.

Meanwhile, you should read about Despot's links with the Irish banks and Fianna Fail. Hardly the example of a fine, upstanding businessman.

This. If Charles Heehaw hadn't got cancer there is every chance Dermot Desmond would have stood trial alongside him for alleged fraud on a gigantic scale. He has no interest in Celtic, or football for that matter and we'll see what he does if the income continues to fall. Did we hear one word about this in the Scottish press? No. I read about it in Ireland. Vlad may be an egotistical eccentric. He may have some strange ideas about forgiving sex offenders, but no-one has been able to provide a shred of evidence that he's crooked.

The Vlad bashers seem to have one gripe when you wipe away the xenophobic bullshit and that's that he embarasses them. Well you're too easily f****** embarrassed if you ask me.

Geoff Kilpatrick

We were dominating the league that season thanks to Romanov's money and George Burley's very good management, Romanov wasn't getting all the credit so sacked Burley and cost us our chance of winning the league.

So, again, I ask you. Which owners would you swap Romanov for in the SPL?

Neither Rangers nor Celtic would win the league if they won only one out of 15 games. How many games did Mowbray and LeGuen lose before they were sacked?

They were sacked when it was obvious they were failing in setting our what they set out to do.

Our ambition was stability after Csaba then 3rd to me it doesn't matter how we achieve third. Did you complain we beat Gretna on pens? No because we got what we achieved to do .

Might see you in there, will you have a cartoon on your t shirt?

I'll be way too hungover too post until late afternoon tomorrow mate, just to let you know!

Pub time, im in the haymarket for a light lunch an a bev if you fancy a jar big boy. They have wifi.

Man_Crying.jpg

kingantti1874

ive highlighted th key point, we all know burley being sacked was a disaster but fair jounalism would have highlighed that infact - we wouldnt have been talking about it all if it wasnts for romanov's hard earned...

with regard to him being a poor owner - in relation to who? given we have achieved more than any other non old firm team, on the park the last 5 years have been successful for hearts, on off the field - turnover is up, crowds are up and we are still at tynecastle. whether he is a poor owner is utterly debateable

Geoff Kilpatrick

[

Re argument is DD v Vlad no? Celtic consistently get 60,000 every season our support is dropping. FACT.

Why is this you might ask? Because up there Celtic have the ambition to win stuff and use a thing called money to back this up. Vlads ambition is to win things (apparently) where is the financial investment such as Celtic or even rangers? If it was there we would have sell outs every season too.

You can't have it both ways, were either ambitious to win the league and match Dermond and have failed big time to invest, match and win stuff or we are nowhere near Celtic and DDS investment - if we were like you said in 2006 our support would reflect this.

Not FACT! You are wrong, completely wrong.

kingantti1874

They were sacked when it was obvious they were failing in setting our what they set out to do.

Our ambition was stability after Csaba then 3rd to me it doesn't matter how we achieve third. Did you complain we beat Gretna on pens? No because we got what we achieved to do .

simple question Jezza, would we have won that cup (or beaten hibs 4-0 in the semi) if romanov hadnt been at hearts? would gordon, webster or hartley still have been there or would they have been sold cheap to the old firm, would we have ever had the pleasure of seeing bednar, jankauskas, pospisil, aguiar, RUDI, Fyssas to name but a few grace to maroon

A simple one word answer will do:

What does it matter if he has got bigger crowds than 2 other owners like?

He's won as much as Pieman - fact.

I see others have already disputed the whole 60k nonsense but seriously, if you want more cash for Hearts please feel free to go away and recruit the additional 40k season ticket holders we would need in order to compete at that sort of financial level. We all want some rich chap to just chuck money down the drain in the name of entertainment or some crazy Jambo to go and win ?160m on EuroMillions then buy us the league but I'm sure I don't need to point out that both of these scenarios are highly unlikely to happen. If you can't accept the need for a more sustainable business plan for Hearts then you won't ever be content with anything anybody does - your demands are simply impossible.

Harry Palmer

And back on topic.

Snakes...usually hide away and then appear when it's hot. Cold blooded buggers.

ive highlighted th key point, we all know burley being sacked was a disaster but fair jounalism would have highlighed that infact - we wouldnt have been talking about it all if it wasnts for romanov's hard earned...

with regard to him being a poor owner - in relation to who? given we have achieved more than any other non old firm team, on the park the last 5 years have been successful for hearts, on off the field - turnover is up, crowds are up and we are still at tynecastle. whether he is a poor owner is utterly debateable

I made reference to Romanov's money being essential but when he had done enough to get us into a serious position where we could win the league he felt that he wasn't getting all the credit so he sacked Burley and brought in a sex offender, not great ownership.

The man has done some good things for Hearts there is no doubt but what if hypothetically we are winning the league come February and the media praise Sergio for the job he's doing. Romanov will bin him as quickly as he did Burley because he's not the centre of attention. It's ridiculous but that is the way Romanov works

kingantti1874

I made reference to Romanov's money being essential but when he had done enough to get us into a serious position where we could win the league he felt that he wasn't getting all the credit so he sacked Burley and brought in a sex offender, not great ownership.

The man has done some good things for Hearts there is no doubt but what if hypothetically we are winning the league come February and the media praise Sergio for the job he's doing. Romanov will bin him as quickly as he did Burley because he's not the centre of attention. It's ridiculous but that is the way Romanov works

Maybe he will, maybe he won't - I actually think success came too easily under burley, it led Romanov to seriously underestimate the competition and the feelings of our own players... I seriously think he thought we would go on to win the league regardless - I don't think he make the same mistake again... If we had won 12 out of previous 15 games no way JJ would be leaving...

Saying that no way we will challenge seriously without serious investment

Geoff Kilpatrick

SRC and Jezza avoiding the question I see.

Let's make it more direct then:-

Vladimir Romanov or Craig Whyte?

Vladimir Romanov or Michael Johnston?

Vladimir Romanov or John Yorkston?

Vladimir Romanov or Tom Farmer?

SRC and Jezza avoiding the question I see.

Let's make it more direct then:-

Vladimir Romanov or Craig Whyte?

Vladimir Romanov or Michael Johnston?

Vladimir Romanov or John Yorkston?

Vladimir Romanov or Tom Farmer?

I would take any of them because unlike many on this i am a realist and am not going to buy into this league winning pish. We had the chance in 2006 and Romanov blew it. Give me stability any day.

Maybe he will, maybe he won't - I actually think success came too easily under burley, it led Romanov to seriously underestimate the competition and the feelings of our own players... I seriously think he thought we would go on to win the league regardless - I don't think he make the same mistake again... If we had won 12 out of previous 15 games no way JJ would be leaving...

Saying that no way we will challenge seriously without serious investment

I appreciate several of your points and you may well be correct. If Romanov puts serious money into the club from now to challenge for the league then i will happily apologise on this but i don't see it.

He will need to invest big for us to challenge and i doubt he will.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I would take any of them because unlike many on this i am a realist and am not going to buy into this league winning pish. We had the chance in 2006 and Romanov blew it. Give me stability any day.

So you would be happy if HMFC were run like the vermin!

Hmmmm..........

Archived