Pressley is spot on

Howdy Doody Jambo

Buffalo Bill

pressley turned down a player/coaching job at Hearts.

He did not engineer a move to Celtic,and had been introduced to the crowd at Charlton I think before what was an opportunistic signing by Strachan

The incident which proved to be that final straw and led to the riccarton 3 broadcast which was also supported by non scottish senior players was a Lithuanian player refusing to play in a reserve match...laughing he will still get picked on saturday.

I honestly dont know how the situation could have got much worse

We could argue all day whether or not he knew about Celtic but I do know that he was mates with Strachan and I can also state that he ended up there and my main point was that our loss was his gain.

Re your other examples, I refer to my previous post re other courses of action available to Pressley at the time.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I just think he has got no strategy. For me, there is no strategy, no plan, no end game for Hearts. He manages the club on a daily basis and I think the evidence of that is by the amount of managers he has gone through"

Pretty hard to argue with that quote.

Pressley will always be a Hearts legend.

Those that think otherwise and are obsessed with reptiles and the like would do well to learn the alphabet before they start primary school.

FFS round and round we go, what a bunch of complete and utter fandans. The biggest irony is that Vlad and Elvis actually get along pretty well and I still fully expect him back at Tynecastle in some role once he has served his apprenticeship elsewhere.

Why is it that an ever growing list of fantastic servants to HMFC is roundly castigated on JKB, a resource which you would think would hold these guys in high esteem. Enough dubious characters and crap players have passed through the doors of Tynie to shower abuse on without the need to turn on our own. Mental.

Tommy Wiseau

FFS round and round we go, what a bunch of complete and utter fandans. The biggest irony is that Vlad and Elvis actually get along pretty well and I still fully expect him back at Tynecastle in some role once he has served his apprenticeship elsewhere.

Why is it that an ever growing list of fantastic servants to HMFC is roundly castigated on JKB, a resource which you would think would hold these guys in high esteem. Enough dubious characters and crap players have passed through the doors of Tynie to shower abuse on without the need to turn on our own. Mental.

Jim Jefferies is our own.

Gary Locke is our own.

Drew Busby is our own.

Tommy Walker is our own.

John Robertson is our own.

Craig Gordon is our own.

Willie Bauld is our own.

John Colquhoun is our own.

Steven Pressley is his own.

Won't be as manager, because he's a rubbish one.

:verysmug:

Won't be as manager, because he's a rubbish one.

:verysmug:

Far to early to claim that given the turnover of players he has had at Falkirk. He may or may not prove a success in management but the way things work in Scotland and at Hearts if its the former he will be back in some capacity at some point.

Guest Borat

Pressley signing for Celtic - :seething:

Pressleys chest pump - :seething:

Pressley influencing the ref in the Scottish Cup tie - :seething:

Pressley returning as manager, celebrating on the pitch, and trying to make it all about himself rather than his players - :seething:

Pressley aiming his celebration in the League Cup at the Hearts end - :seething:

Pressley constantly sticking his neb in - :seething:

The thought of him returning to Hearts one day - :seething:

However the majority of Hearts fans hate the guy, he no longer has one of those cheapy looking legends banners up, he is ruining Falkirk while at the same time ruining his career, and when you consider the fact that even arseholes of the Scottish game like Jimmy Calderwood dislike him - :pleasing:

Not a nice guy.

Far to early to claim that given the turnover of players he has had at Falkirk. He may or may not prove a success in management but the way things work in Scotland and at Hearts if its the former he will be back in some capacity at some point.

A good manager would compensate for that.

If he spent more time trying to learn the game, instead of running his mouth off about Hearts, he would actually have the results to back his ambitious claims.

i take it he`s going into one of the trades after he gets sacked from falkirk?

he`s proved himself to be a thoroughly rubbish manager.

A good manager would compensate for that.

If he spent more time trying to learn the game, instead of running his mouth off about Hearts, he would actually have the results to back his ambitious claims.

not just about hearts eck. jimmy calderwood and ........(cannae mind the other boy) had a go at him for being a direspectful buffoon during his brief spell in the spl with falkirk.

not just about hearts eck. jimmy calderwood and ........(cannae mind the other boy) had a go at him for being a direspectful buffoon during his brief spell in the spl with falkirk.

I have it on good authority that Ssssssssssnakely has more enemies in football than he has friends.

And it has nothing to do with the crackpot claim of sectarian reasons that he'd have us believe.

Danny Wilde

With JJ and BB plainly intent on staying in the game, who would bet against them retracing their steps to Falkirk.

Now that would be delightful. Rent-a-Hearts-quote out on his airse and JJ and BB kicking his backside on his way out.

Anybody slating Steven Pressley has lost the place i am afraid, the man is a club legend who only had Hearts best interests when he made that statement with Craig Gordon and Paul Hartley.

Quite simply it is disgusting to read some of the comments against him on this forum.

Steven Pressley is and will always be a club legend.

Son Of Anarchy

Elvis was a legend.He is now nothing but a distant memory and a grade A fud.I care not what he has to say as I will never listen to/read it.

Vlad-Stupid

Anybody slating Steven Pressley has lost the place i am afraid, the man is a club legend who only had Hearts best interests when he made that statement with Craig Gordon and Paul Hartley.

Quite simply it is disgusting to read some of the comments against him on this forum.

Steven Pressley is and will always be a club legend.

Dont talk shite, nobody thinks he's a dick for when he was at Hearts, it's how he acted when he went to Celtic. His legend status only exists in the heads of the deluded

Geoff Kilpatrick

Anybody think that Pressley would hold these opinions if he was offered a job at HMFC tomorrow? :rolleyes:

Anybody think that Pressley would hold these opinions if he was offered a job at HMFC tomorrow? :rolleyes:

Like Webster, if Elvis was announced as manager tomorrow he would no longer be the devil and it would be "lick lick, if Mr Romanov can forgive him I'm in love with Elvis again, lick lick"

Nap.

Vlad-Stupid

Like Webster, if Elvis was announced as manager tomorrow he would no longer be the devil and it would be "lick lick, if Mr Romanov can forgive him I'm in love with Elvis again, lick lick"

Nap.

:vrface: Your posts are getting tiresome.

:vrface: Your posts are getting tiresome.

Truth hurts. :)

If Elvis came back I would only be happy, like Webster if he had something to offer to the club.

The backtracking that goes on is tiresome, not someone having a difference of opinion imo.

Patrick Bateman

A Pressley thread is a good way of outing moronic Hearts fans, and an excellent way of outing Hibs fans. The man is a traitor. I got a round of applause for shouting "Traitors burn in Hell, Pressley" at the Falkirk game last season. I think that sums it up. :thumbsup:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Nap.

I think you missed the point entirely....

A Pressley thread is a good way of outing moronic Hearts fans, and an excellent way of outing Hibs fans. The man is a traitor. I got a round of applause for shouting "Traitors burn in Hell, Pressley" at the Falkirk game last season. I think that sums it up. :thumbsup:

What about Webster?

If you get all upset about "traitors" then maybe this football malarkay is not for you ;)

I think you missed the point entirely....

I didn't in fact. Your post got me thinking of the opposite sorry :)

If Elvis was asked to come back as manager instead of Paolo I don't think he would stab JJ in the back to be honest. I also don't think he could

put up with Romanov and his decisions.

If he did come back, and he was a top manager and could work with Romanov again I wouldn't bleat on about his lack of morals or think for one second about him building a side @ Falkirk because it's football and that's what happens.

Steven Pressley held the club together for a good few years, he would run through a wall for the club and I was absolutely delighted for the man when he lifed the Scottish Cup, it doesn't matter if he was born Hearts like some of us lucky guys but he grew into Mr Hearts, it broke his heart to leave the club but like Hartley and Gordon he couldn't take much more.

Pressley should have been revered by hearts fans for eternity but HE ruined this by showing us and the club zero respect after he left us.

Yes he was booed that day, but if he had any class he would have risen above it and understood that we were feeling like jilted lovers. It was a compliment to him that we were hurt so much by his departure.

Mad Dog Frazer

Completely agree with what Pressley says.

Also agree with what Levein says.

im with you coco :thumbsup:

Mad Dog Frazer

what a bunch of hypocrits you all are

Pressley beat his chest at tynie when he played for Celtic ? SO WHAT

he showed disrespect to the club and the fans , and Vladimir Romanov hasn't done that in his time at the club??

Yet the majority of fans let Vlad rip the utter hole out of the club we've lost all credibility and are a laughing stock after the Thmoson affair his constant rants and you're all bitter about Steven Pressley beating his chest in a game he played for Celtic. Get over it

Maybe you should put all that anger and bitterness into doing something about the way our owner runs our club

and for the record Im not Pressleys biggest fan either but get over it.

Dont talk shite, nobody thinks he's a dick for when he was at Hearts, it's how he acted when he went to Celtic. His legend status only exists in the heads of the deluded

Your talking shite, a man who cared so much about the club treated so poorly by Romanov and Co. When he came back with Celtic, the booing he received that day was sickening and embarassing for hearts fans, in my opinion he has been quite lienent on hearts after the way he was treated.

Mad Dog Frazer

Yo Hanni-baws

you're talking out of your reerend again

go on troddle off like a good wee boy now

Your talking shite, a man who cared so much about the club treated so poorly by Romanov and Co. When he came back with Celtic, the booing he received that day was sickening and embarassing for hearts fans, in my opinion he has been quite lienent on hearts after the way he was treated.

I am extremely anti-Phressley, but the booing he received was no more vociferous than the likes of Riordan or Barry Ferguson.

Shame, really :(

Harry Palmer

Mad Baw Bag...

My opinion of him changed, that's allowed isn't it?

Neil McCann...there is a proper Cup Winning Legend.

Sir Paul Hartley is another.

Wanna see a cup winning captain who is fully deserved of the Mr Hearts and Hearts legend tags?

_52369729_4976977.jpg

Him.

He's far more of a Hearts man than Sssssssnakely ever was.

Mad Dog Frazer

Mad Baw Bag...

My opinion of him changed, that's allowed isn't it?

Neil McCann...there is a proper Cup Winning Legend.

Sir Paul Hartley is another.

mad baw bag

ah i see what you did there you copied my signature tag for hanni-baws. took the baws out and added the bag to it

CLEVER :thumbsup:

I am extremely anti-Phressley, but the booing he received was no more vociferous than the likes of Riordan or Barry Ferguson.

Shame, really :(

I must be lost then, there can't be that many idiots on this forum. Why do you hate him so much?

I must be lost then, there can't be that many idiots on this forum. Why do you hate him so much?

His classless behaviour after he left Hearts was not something I ever witnessed during his time here.

Never short of a bad word to say about us and showed himself up to be a complete mercenary, after convincing the fans that he was Mr Hearts.

His classless behaviour after he left Hearts was not something I ever witnessed during his time here.

Never short of a bad word to say about us and showed himself up to be a complete mercenary, after convincing the fans that he was Mr Hearts.

So the man who was forced out of the club he loved by the owner being an arse isn't allowed to make a few statements regarding hearts, a lot of which about Romanov are correct, a few too many home truths for some I think

Libertonian_II

Stuff that has happened consequently? We're debating Pressley here. Let's stick to within the parameters of the debate.

As far as the 'conspiracy' stuff. All I am suggesting is that within a very short period of time, Pressley 'blew the roof' and then signed up for his old mate Strachan at Celtic. Maybe not a conspiracy, but just a very cute coincidence. Just saying...

The Riccarton 3 achieved nothing but turmoil for HMFC. Nothing good came of it. We all knew there was unrest anyway. Pressley didn't tell us anything we didn't already know. In fact, he didn't really tell us much at all. And besides, who was causing the unrest? The Johhny Foreigners? Couldn't Pressley have sorted it? Or just got on with it? Or dealt with it better?

Didn't we pay Pressley a small fortune to play football? Or did his own ego demand a hijacked press conference?

I know to some he's a maverick freedom fighter who stood up to Romanov. But I think that's bollocks.

I can't disagree with anything here.

Genghis Khan

I'm just surprised that an intelligent guy like you can believe this nonsense after all that has happned at HMFC subsequently. The Riccarton 3 incident blew the roof on the shenanigans going on. Its pretty much accepted by anyone with a degree of common sense that it was all true.

All this Pressley conspiracy stuff is completely embarassing.

BB used to be intelligent until he adopted a counter view to FWJ, now he talks "bollocks"?

I see..............

Drewjambobusby

Couldn`t give a flying F**ck what Pressley did in another teams shirt. Like all of us, he is entitled to his opinion, and is very much more qualified than us to talk about the idiot we have in charge.

Every time someone criticises Romanov people jump to his defence out of Blind, Loyal, Stupidity. How much more of his ludicrous rants, ill-timed decisions and meddling do we have to take ?

Wake up and smell the Coffee please ? Well done Elvis. I bet if we knew the whole truth in the Burley affair and so many other instances after, many of you may not be so quick to defend ? We never get to know though, do we ? Hush money covers up Romanovs shortcomings and so it goes on.............

He won`t ever change as he manages the club on a whim and likes being heard, even though his ramblings embarrass and devalue Hearts in the eyes of millions every time.

So the man who was forced out of the club he loved by the owner being an arse isn't allowed to make a few statements regarding hearts, a lot of which about Romanov are correct, a few too many home truths for some I think

:goodone:

:goodone:

I don't think there is any doubt that Pressley had/ has a strong affection for HMFC.

The Real Maroonblood

The day Pressley stood on the Tynecastle pitch and fist pumped his chest while wearing the green and grey hoops of that mob, was the day he became irrelevant to most Hearts fans.

Quite frankly, he can **** right off!!!

:42: :42: :42:

Harry Palmer

mad baw bag

ah i see what you did there you copied my signature tag for hanni-baws. took the baws out and added the bag to it

CLEVER :thumbsup:

Cool man.

:thumbsup:

None of that justified Pressley committing hari-kari in the way that he did. If he made a complaint to Romanov about dressing-room ill-discipline and Romanov dismissed it then his choices should've then been to either get on with the job or politely step down as team captain.

By hi-jacking a press conference, he made a difficult situation worse. The consequence was that we looked terrible, and he got a move to Celtic, sanctioned by his old mucker, Strachan.

I have no doubt that at Riccarton, circa 2006, all the Lithuanians sat at one table and the Scots sat at the other.

He could have put in a transfer request if he was unhappy, that is what normal players do.

Thumper had ideas above his station. He forgot he was only a player.

The Real Maroonblood

He could have put in a transfer request if he was unhappy, that is what normal players do.

Thumper had ideas above his station. He forgot he was only a player.

Maybe.

P.S.

Shame about your team last night.

:lol::thumbsup:

Maybe.

P.S.

Shame about your team last night.

:lol::thumbsup:

Our team. :thumbsup:

Rangers were representing Scotland last night.

The Real Maroonblood

Our team. :thumbsup:

Rangers were representing Scotland last night.

They made a good job of it.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Boab Mugabe

Sad to see so many have fallen for the WUM on both sides.

We have much bigger things to concern ourselves with than one of the rent-a-quote mob.

Couldn`t give a flying F**ck what Pressley did in another teams shirt. Like all of us, he is entitled to his opinion, and is very much more qualified than us to talk about the idiot we have in charge.

Every time someone criticises Romanov people jump to his defence out of Blind, Loyal, Stupidity. How much more of his ludicrous rants, ill-timed decisions and meddling do we have to take ?

Wake up and smell the Coffee please ? Well done Elvis. I bet if we knew the whole truth in the Burley affair and so many other instances after, many of you may not be so quick to defend ? We never get to know though, do we ? Hush money covers up Romanovs shortcomings and so it goes on.............

He won`t ever change as he manages the club on a whim and likes being heard, even though his ramblings embarrass and devalue Hearts in the eyes of millions every time.

Great post. 100% agree with it all.

Archived