Pressley is spot on

Howdy Doody Jambo

So the man who was forced out of the club he loved by the owner being an arse isn't allowed to make a few statements regarding hearts, a lot of which about Romanov are correct, a few too many home truths for some I think

And what about his disgraceful behaviour whilst playing for Falkirk against Hearts?

Or the fact no-one in the game has any time for him.

Speaks volumes.

Couldn`t give a flying F**ck what Pressley did in another teams shirt. Like all of us, he is entitled to his opinion, and is very much more qualified than us to talk about the idiot we have in charge.

Every time someone criticises Romanov people jump to his defence out of Blind, Loyal, Stupidity. How much more of his ludicrous rants, ill-timed decisions and meddling do we have to take ?

Wake up and smell the Coffee please ? Well done Elvis. I bet if we knew the whole truth in the Burley affair and so many other instances after, many of you may not be so quick to defend ? We never get to know though, do we ? Hush money covers up Romanovs shortcomings and so it goes on.............

He won`t ever change as he manages the club on a whim and likes being heard, even though his ramblings embarrass and devalue Hearts in the eyes of millions every time.

You talk about hush money, but Sssssssnakely hasn't revealed what went on during that time either.

Could he possibly have taken some of this hush money for himself? :o

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Geoff Kilpatrick

Couldn`t give a flying F**ck what Pressley did in another teams shirt. Like all of us, he is entitled to his opinion, and is very much more qualified than us to talk about the idiot we have in charge.

I look forward to him being asked about his former club Rangers and the start they have made to their season under an owner who has promised much but delivered little....

Every time someone criticises Romanov people jump to his defence out of Blind, Loyal, Stupidity. How much more of his ludicrous rants, ill-timed decisions and meddling do we have to take ?

Get some perspective. Vlad owns the club lock, stock and barrel. It is not "our" club.

Wake up and smell the Coffee please ? Well done Elvis. I bet if we knew the whole truth in the Burley affair and so many other instances after, many of you may not be so quick to defend ? We never get to know though, do we ? Hush money covers up Romanovs shortcomings and so it goes on.............

The Burley truth is old news. Please also note that Burley did not receive any hush money, as you put it.

He won`t ever change as he manages the club on a whim and likes being heard, even though his ramblings embarrass and devalue Hearts in the eyes of millions every time.

Yes, he won't change. That's why nothing he does embarrasses me. See my point on perspective.

And what about his disgraceful behaviour whilst playing for Falkirk against Hearts?

Or the fact no-one in the game has any time for him.

Speaks volumes.

Get a grip of yourself, a club legend now hated for standing up to Romanov, absolute embarassment that Hearts fans try and slate him.

You talk about hush money, but Sssssssnakely hasn't revealed what went on during that time either.

Could he possibly have taken some of this hush money for himself? :o

Again you must be having a laugh, the man was sacked for absolutely no reason other than caring about the club and he would of had the remainder of his contract paid off, but hush money i don't think so.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Again you must be having a laugh, the man was sacked for absolutely no reason other than caring about the club and he would of had the remainder of his contract paid off, but hush money i don't think so.

He was sacked for speaking out against his employer in public.

If I did that, I'd suffer the same fate.

He was sacked for speaking out against his employer in public.

If I did that, I'd suffer the same fate.

He was sacked because he was the one with the guts to tell Hearts fans what was going on. For starters the owner was picking the side and had started dropping players over contract disputes. Granted we all suspected this but at least he cared enough about the clubs fans to let us know what was going on. Defending Romanov over him just typifies the deluded Hearts fans on this forum.

Geoff Kilpatrick

He was sacked because he was the one with the guts to tell Hearts fans what was going on.

No, he was sacked for public insubordination against his employer

For starters the owner was picking the side and had started dropping players over contract disputes. Granted we all suspected this but at least he cared enough about the clubs fans to let us know what was going on.

And didn't that work well? As I said before, the problem with the Riccarton 3 was that there was no call to action. It was a statement saying things are a bit shite really and we aren't happy. Thanks very much. What happened? Our own fans started booing our own players, particularly Miko, despite lots of off the record briefing to the Sunday that Miko was the one "Lith" (sic) who was a good guy. Turning your fans on your own players is mental.

Defending Romanov over him just typifies the deluded Hearts fans on this forum.

My issue with Steven Pressley is nothing to do with the rights and wrongs of Vlad's actions. It's the principle of the manager of another club attacking OUR club.(qualification: OUR club refers to the fact it is the club we support, not the club we own)

No, he was sacked for public insubordination against his employer

And didn't that work well? As I said before, the problem with the Riccarton 3 was that there was no call to action. It was a statement saying things are a bit shite really and we aren't happy. Thanks very much. What happened? Our own fans started booing our own players, particularly Miko, despite lots of off the record briefing to the Sunday that Miko was the one "Lith" (sic) who was a good guy. Turning your fans on your own players is mental.

My issue with Steven Pressley is nothing to do with the rights and wrongs of Vlad's actions. It's the principle of the manager of another club attacking OUR club.(qualification: OUR club refers to the fact it is the club we support, not the club we own)

I am sorry but i must be missing something then, what points does Steven Pressley make about the Club or Romanov that are incorrect. The way the club is being run is quite simply making us the laughing stock of British Football.

A Pressley thread is a good way of outing moronic Hearts fans, and an excellent way of outing Hibs fans. The man is a traitor. I got a round of applause for shouting "Traitors burn in Hell, Pressley" at the Falkirk game last season. I think that sums it up. :thumbsup:

Disgraceful, that's the work your looking for to some up your ridiculous shout.

Genghis Khan

I am sorry but i must be missing something then, what points does Steven Pressley make about the Club or Romanov that are incorrect. The way the club is being run is quite simply making us the laughing stock of British Football.

...and if we go through to next round of Europa League tonight, how many of those that think like you will be absolutely spewing?

They can laugh away. Jesus wept!

Geoff Kilpatrick

Overstatement of the year.

If having higher crowds, finishing consistently 'best of the rest' and having a budget for players that non Old Firm clubs can dream of, I'll take being a laughing stock.

Besides, if you want a laughing stock, look at Newcastle, :smuggy:

Harry Palmer

:lol:

No it is not.

Hope this helps.

:lol:

No it is not.

Hope this helps.

Oh yeah sorry i forgot, every club has an idiotic owner who comes out blaming the media monkeys, and somehow Hearts fans buy into it, quite simply astounding.

Harry Palmer

Oh yeah sorry i forgot, every club has an idiotic owner who comes out blaming the media monkeys, and somehow Hearts fans buy into it, quite simply astounding.

Yep.

Deal with it.

Think my point was more regarding the claim that Heart of Midlothian FC is the laughing stock of British Football. :rolleyes:

...and if we go through to next round of Europa League tonight, how many of those that think like you will be absolutely spewing?

They can laugh away. Jesus wept!

I hope that we go through tonight obviously so no i won't be spewing as you put it.

I am simply pointing out that Romanov is making a mockery of the club with one ridiculous statement after another. Media Monkeys, THE MAFIA, the man has lost the place and has no grip on reality. And i am still waiting for someone to enlighten me as to what Steven Pressley said that was so wrong.

Genghis Khan

Who gives a toss what our owner says about the media? If anyone "bought into it" I'd say it was those tubes from Real Radio.

Yep.

Deal with it.

Think my point was more regarding the claim that Heart of Midlothian FC is the laughing stock of British Football. :rolleyes:

And i stand by it, as someone else posted, Newcastle are trying hard to dislodge us.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I hope that we go through tonight obviously so no i won't be spewing as you put it.

I am simply pointing out that Romanov is making a mockery of the club with one ridiculous statement after another. Media Monkeys, THE MAFIA, the man has lost the place and has no grip on reality. And i am still waiting for someone to enlighten me as to what Steven Pressley said that was so wrong.

I've not read what Pressley had to say on principle. My point stands (and applies to Peter Houston too, incidentally) in that it is none of his business to comment on another club's decisions.

Genghis Khan

Just ignore all of the radge statements - the rest of us do. What Pressley has done wrong is, as a manager of another football club, he has criticised OURS. Is that so difficult to comprehend?

Do you want Paulo to start commenting on why Pressley drsses like Csaba?

Geoff Kilpatrick

And i stand by it, as someone else posted, Newcastle are trying hard to dislodge us.

So if we had an owner like Tom Farmer who is basically invisible and were run by a tightarse like Rod Petrie, then all would be rosy in your garden?

There is not one single owner in the SPL I would swap Vlad for.

Harry Palmer

Then there is no hope for you.... :(

So if we had an owner like Tom Farmer who is basically invisible and were run by a tightarse like Rod Petrie, then all would be rosy in your garden?

There is not one single owner in the SPL I would swap Vlad for.

Dermot Desmond, the man owns 37% of Celtic, puts in good money, and what do you know, he doesn't make the most ridiculous claims about outside influences being the reason for 20 year olds to turn into sex offenders among many other statements i could give as examples of this mans lunacy

Genghis Khan

Dermot Desmond, the man owns 37% of Celtic, puts in good money, and what do you know, he doesn't make the most ridiculous claims about outside influences being the reason for 20 year olds to turn into sex offenders among many other statements i could give as examples of this mans lunacy

You're holding up Celtic FC as a paragon of virtue and mention sex offenders in the same sentence??

Have a think about that FFS.

I've not read what Pressley had to say on principle. My point stands (and applies to Peter Houston too, incidentally) in that it is none of his business to comment on another club's decisions.

I think when asked the question, these men invovled in football so in a much better position to give their opinion than us are fully entitled to say what they think, it's a free country and as such they can give their honest opinions on what they think is going on. It's just their opinion so i really can't see the problem.

Then there is no hope for you.... :(

If you want to live in the deluded Hearts fans bubble then feel free.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Maybe not but his club does make ridiculous claims about its size and standing and how Scottish football holds it back from realising its true potential, denigrating the rest of the game in the process.

Meanwhile, you should read about Despot's links with the Irish banks and Fianna Fail. Hardly the example of a fine, upstanding businessman.

Gigolo-Aunt

You're holding up Celtic FC as a paragon of virtue and mention sex offenders in the same sentence??

Spot on, Genghis.

thumbsup.gif

Has Desmond ever blamed the mafia for turning 20 year olds into Sex offenders, i am 20 and the mafia has had affect on me, surely not a Romanov statement of Bullshit?

Geoff Kilpatrick

I think when asked the question, these men invovled in football so in a much better position to give their opinion than us are fully entitled to say what they think, it's a free country and as such they can give their honest opinions on what they think is going on. It's just their opinion so i really can't see the problem.

This is where I disagree completely with you.

Our views do not matter over the sacking and its rights or wrongs yet we are the people who are closest to the situation outside of the players and management, not other managers. If Pressley was sacked tomorrow for the colour of his shoes, I would not expect Paulo Sergio to be asked to comment, nor would I want him to.

At the same time, we have monkeys like Brian McLauchlin basically claiming that fans are "up in arms" about it, without any evidence to support this assertion and the assertion allowed to go unchallenged. To be honest, I think most fans are like me - daft decision but typical Vlad; wish JJ well and get behind Sergio.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Has Desmond ever blamed the mafia for turning 20 year olds into Sex offenders, i am 20 and the mafia has had affect on me, surely not a Romanov statement of Bullshit?

How is that relevant to anything?

Genghis Khan

Desmond has never blamed anyone at Celtic for anything - the whole club is a byword for "self-denial".

Ask Allan Brazil.

How is that relevant to anything?

It was in a debate about him or Romanov as to who's the better owner of a club, it was a point i was making that he doesn't draw the most ridiclous of controversy over claims like this one.

kingantti1874

point 1: vlad never said the media turned CT into a sex offender - thats absolute rubbish

point 2: desmond and celtic have accused scotland, as a nation, as beig institutionally bigoted with regard to catcholics which is by far a more serious accusion in terms of the fact that it is lies designed to suit his own agenda and in terms of the consequences it could have had.

the media are monkeys, they do write sensationalist garbage with regard to hearts and romanov in comparison to any other team... Romanov just likes to troll them and get them all het up and the fall for it time and again - it all a bit of fun

Harry Palmer

Back on topic...

Snake is hated by Falkirk fans..because he's a shite manager who was then given a new contract by there board. :lol:

He should have learned from Neil McCann.

Sir Paul has also acted with grace and dignity.

Does anyone know what Sir Paul is saying to it? Or indeed King Robbo? Or John McGlynn? :unsure:

This is where I disagree completely with you.

Our views do not matter over the sacking and its rights or wrongs yet we are the people who are closest to the situation outside of the players and management, not other managers. If Pressley was sacked tomorrow for the colour of his shoes, I would not expect Paulo Sergio to be asked to comment, nor would I want him to.

At the same time, we have monkeys like Brian McLauchlin basically claiming that fans are "up in arms" about it, without any evidence to support this assertion and the assertion allowed to go unchallenged. To be honest, I think most fans are like me - daft decision but typical Vlad; wish JJ well and get behind Sergio.

I do understand your point and i agree that i wouldn't want random people making comments, but Pressley and Houston aren't random, they were at the club for over 10 years combined and have both worked under Romanov.

And i agree with the last bit, sad to see Jefferies go but will still back Sergio.

Genghis Khan

Does anyone know what Sir Paul is saying to it? Or indeed King Robbo? Or John McGlynn? :unsure:

They will be too busy worrying about things that are relevant to their own (current) clubs I would imagine.

Back on topic...

Snake is hated by Falkirk fans..because he's a shite manager who was then given a new contract by there board. :lol:

He should have learned from Neil McCann.

Sir Paul has also acted with grace and dignity.

yes actually, John Robertson was in Tuesday's Scottish Sun laying into Romanov's decision to sack Jefferies.

Harry Palmer

They will be too busy worrying about things that are relevant to their own (current) clubs I would imagine.

Thought so, wasn't sure. :thumbsup:

Harry Palmer

yes actually, John Robertson was in Tuesday's Scottish Sun laying into Romanov's decision to sack Jefferies.

Good job I don't read The Scum then.

Geoff Kilpatrick

It was in a debate about him or Romanov as to who's the better owner of a club, it was a point i was making that he doesn't draw the most ridiclous of controversy over claims like this one.

So because Desmond says nothing, he is better?

Desmond owns a club who have appointed a monkey headed manager and a permanent victim as their last two managers, done nothing in Europe and been beaten by the weakest hun team in living memory to the title.

Great leadership...

point 1: vlad never said the media turned CT into a sex offender - thats absolute rubbish

point 2: desmond and celtic have accused scotland, as a nation, as beig institutionally bigoted with regard to catcholics which is by far a more serious accusion in terms of the fact that it is lies designed to suit his own agenda and in terms of the consequences it could have had.

the media are monkeys, they do write sensationalist garbage with regard to hearts and romanov in comparison to any other team... Romanov just likes to troll them and get them all het up and the fall for it time and again - it all a bit of fun

If you genuinely believe Desmond is a worse owner than Romanov then that's your opinion but not one i understand.

And i can't believe you are so deluded that you are even calling the media monkeys, no one can be in such awe of Romanov that the believe that, can they?

Robbo was in the papers on Tuesday calling it a disgrace.

Good job I don't read The Scum then.

Just pointing out that maybe he should of got his facts right because Roberston did have a go at the way the club was run.

Desmond owns a club who have appointed a monkey headed manager and a permanent victim as their last two managers, done nothing in Europe and been beaten by the weakest hun team in living memory to the title.

Great leadership...

And every manager bar one that Romanov has appointed has been sacked for failing.

Great leadership.

If winning the league is the target I can't remember that happening any time in his past tenure?

We have never finished above Celtic since its been Desmond v Romanov either have we?

Great leadership...

Yes he keeps his nose out and provides good financial backing so yes it does make him better.

Also great argument calling him a monkey headed manager, real mature debate.

They got to the Europa League groups 2 or 3 season ago, lets see if we do that.

And every manager bar one that Romanov has appointed has been sacked for failing.

Great leadership.

If winning the league is the target I can't remember that happening any time in his past tenure?

We have never finished above Celtic since its been Desmond v Romanov either have we?

Finally a man with some sense

Just pointing out that maybe he should of got his facts right because Roberston did have a go at the way the club was run.

As did Preston, levien, Henry smith, george folkes and probably others.

Doesnt suit the agenda though so this will be ignored and will focus on you read the sun.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I do understand your point and i agree that i wouldn't want random people making comments, but Pressley and Houston aren't random, they were at the club for over 10 years combined and have both worked under Romanov.

And i agree with the last bit, sad to see Jefferies go but will still back Sergio.

So, to qualify that, what would be the difference, since you have no argument with the comments, if Neil Lennon or Ally McCoist had uttered these statements rather than Pressley or Houston?

Finally a man with some sense

Listen, I think DD is a Celtic minded tit who appointed John Reid to push his agenda.

Like Romanov has at hearts he has successfully managed to set an "us against them" mentality and it's neither any of the clubs fault when something goes wrong and the support pursue this too.

The difference is though Desmond still gets 60,000 supporters going to the games, he gives the managers he appoints the money to go out and win the league, even if the managers are the wrong choice.

Our crowds have been falling since 2006, Romanov doesnt give the managers enough money to win the league then sacks them for not doing so.

People are saying Lennon and McCoist would be sacked for winning one in 15 NO THEY WOULDNT....

If Celtic or rangers won the league this season and tied it almost by Christmas the support wouldn't care about the run of no wins if they turned out champions. JJ aimed and had the money for third, he achieved this.. We were all happy...THEN romanov got involved and people changed face.

Archived