Pressley is spot on

Howdy Doody Jambo

It's sad to see a cup winning legend deteriorate into a sad isolated figure, disliked by most of his peers and whoring himself to the media at every opportunity.

Sad but irritating.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

How can you be surprised when we've been here at least once before! I post how I see it and you shout 'bollocks'. You even said 'bollocks' the last time.

Shouting 'utter bollocks' isn't a counter argument.

I'm just surprised that an intelligent guy like you can believe this nonsense after all that has happned at HMFC subsequently. The Riccarton 3 incident blew the roof on the shenanigans going on. Its pretty much accepted by anyone with a degree of common sense that it was all true.

All this Pressley conspiracy stuff is completely embarassing.

southside1874

Now who's slavering?! Relegation material?! Have a stern word wi yourself!

JJ's removal and offer of the DIF role at Hearts was as political a move as it was tactical! VR marked his card a long time ago at the end of the season and with his comments on th CT scandal.

Our last cup winning captain at the centre of the clubs biggest ever sacking case/scandal is perfectly entitled to voice an opinion. In fact I'd argue as a modern day Hearts legend ( yes haters ) I'd argue his opinion is more valid than most!

You don't have to agree... But the hate/snake repertoire constantly banded about is juvenile... but the it is the school hols.

All managers out there will have nothing but praise for JJ but they also know the score.

I think you need to read again mate. It says I'm not reading the article so take assumption that I can't be arse reading something because some journo wants to find someone to bad mouth the club/players/owner. You also seem to miss the bit "there is a chance" when mentioning relegation. If you think 1 win out of 14 games is good and not relegation material then thats your opinion. I was a guest of JJ at Tynecastle on several occasions last season and have nothing but respect for the guy. Statistics speak though.

I don't think the offer of the DoF position was given for anything other than merit. I would say Vlad appreciated JJs honesty and seen him as the man to report to him on footballing matters.

Chad Sexington

I'm just surprised that an intelligent guy like you can believe this nonsense after all that has happned at HMFC subsequently. The Riccarton 3 incident blew the roof on the shenanigans going on. Its pretty much accepted by anyone with a degree of common sense that it was all true.

No surprise to see you slithering to Pressley's defence.

Started organizing your boycott yet? :lol:

Buffalo Bill

Stuff that has happened consequently? We're debating Pressley here. Let's stick to within the parameters of the debate.

As far as the 'conspiracy' stuff. All I am suggesting is that within a very short period of time, Pressley 'blew the roof' and then signed up for his old mate Strachan at Celtic. Maybe not a conspiracy, but just a very cute coincidence. Just saying...

The Riccarton 3 achieved nothing but turmoil for HMFC. Nothing good came of it. We all knew there was unrest anyway. Pressley didn't tell us anything we didn't already know. In fact, he didn't really tell us much at all. And besides, who was causing the unrest? The Johhny Foreigners? Couldn't Pressley have sorted it? Or just got on with it? Or dealt with it better?

Didn't we pay Pressley a small fortune to play football? Or did his own ego demand a hijacked press conference?

I know to some he's a maverick freedom fighter who stood up to Romanov. But I think that's bollocks.

Gigolo-Aunt

Stuff that has happened consequently? We're debating Pressley here. Let's stick to within the parameters of the debate.

As far as the 'conspiracy' stuff. All I am suggesting is that within a very short period of time, Pressley 'blew the roof' and then signed up for his old mate Strachan at Celtic. Maybe not a conspiracy, but just a very cute coincidence. Just saying...

The Riccarton 3 achieved nothing but turmoil for HMFC. Nothing good came of it. We all knew there was unrest anyway. Pressley didn't tell us anything we didn't already know. In fact, he didn't really tell us much at all. And besides, who was causing the unrest? The Johhny Foreigners? Couldn't Pressley have sorted it? Or just got on with it? Or dealt with it better?

Didn't we pay Pressley a small fortune to play football? Or did his own ego demand a hijacked press conference?

I know to some he's a maverick freedom fighter who stood up to Romanov. But I think that's bollocks.

*claps*

Excellent post.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

'Believe' what you want. I'm just surprised at you, that's all.

I've always been someone who cannot understand why people will tolerate and turn a blind eye to poor behaviour from their football team that they would never put up with from family, friends, employers or even their politicians.

Chad Sexington

I've always been someone who cannot understand why people will tolerate and turn a blind eye to poor behaviour from their football team that they would never put up with from family, friends, employers or even their politicians.

Hahaha.

That is priceless. :lol:

You used to be on here on a daily basis calling for boycotts and what not.

Then, JJ was hired, we went on a great run of results and you re-invented yourself as a happy clappy cheerleader for the team.

Was that not you turning a blind eye to past "poor behavior"? :rolleyes:

Here, this might be of use to you...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy

Nookie Bear

I have no major beef to grind with Pressley but he needs to move on.

I do not think the manager of Falkirk should be commentating so bluntly on the operations of Heart of Midlothian and I fully expect him to be reprimanded by the appropriate authorities.

Oh, and "ludicrous" going ons at Tynie? How about promising to keep your team in the SPL and, er, not.

Buffalo Bill

But you're taking that way too personally. This is my opinion of an incident that took place five years ago. It's not about me, the person, my morals, my family, my friends or otherwise. If I was debating this with you or anyone in a pub in Gorgie, you'd probably see the funny side of the argument and tell me to **** off and it would be good to discuss.

Don't think for one second I am defending Romanov here. I know he wasn't blameless in this. But we are discussing Pressley.

'Believe'? I never used that term in 2006 and I won't use it now.

Instead of 'turning a blind eye', I absorbed what happened, thought about it and came to my conclusion which happens to be different from yours.

In reality, I have not condoned or tolerated anything different from you. No one, as yet, has organised a mass demo against Romanov.

The absolute reality, was that the one person who benefitted from the Riccarton 3 was Stephen Pressley. You and I lost out.

Jam Tarts 1874

Listen we all know what Pressley was like and that was someone who gave his all when he played for Hearts and after Burleys sacking most people thought that the press interview was the right thing to do at the time but he mucked up big time when he came back and i lost all respect for him but that rat Strachan stirred the pot by making him captain as well.

Errrr, I think you will find that the Riccarton press conference was about one year after Burley's sacking.

The uncomfortable truth for the Pressley lovers is the fact that Romanov correctly identified that Pressley's playing days were coming to an end after the Scottish Cup win and tried to get Pressley to take a coaching job, Pressley's behaviour from that moment on was entirely self-motivated. His actions and behaviour ruined our Champions League chances as he set about destroying the dressing room right from the beginning of the 06/07 season.

highly predictable stuff from the football managers old boys network.

beaker levein had his tuppence worth. he would never have got involved in a million years if he had been asked about either of the old firm.

peter houston says it's "nothing short of disgraceful". this coming from the man who insulted the intelligence of scottish football supporters by attempting to convince us all that steven naismith is actually one of the most honest players in the game. houston is fast becoming one of the games top roasters.

and now snakeley gets his serpent choppers going.

ps. freewheelin... :vrface:

Gigolo-Aunt

highly predictable stuff from the football managers old boys network.

beaker levein had his tuppence worth. he would never have got involved in a million years if he had been asked about either of the old firm.

peter houston says it's "nothing short of disgraceful". this coming from the man who insulted the intelligence of scottish football supporters by attempting to convince us all that steven naismith is actually one of the most honest players in the game. houston is fast becoming one of the games top roasters.

and now snakeley gets his serpent choppers going.

Spot ******* on.

Peter Houston has broke in to my "Top Ten" of Scottish Football Twonks.

thumbsup.gif

Walter Bishop

Shteven Phressley can go and **** himself. Vile disgusting grassing bar steward, would love to hear other managers opinion of this chest thumping ^^^^, i can assure you there will be nobody clambering over themselves to speak on his behalf when he is pumped along with his brown suede shoes from Falkirk!

Spot ******* on.

Peter Houston has broke in to my "Top Ten" of Scottish Football Twonks.

thumbsup.gif

defo. positively haring up the hit parade towards the top 3 in chez panzee.

Pressley get's it bang on and the usual sh*t pops up on here, He pumped his chest so what!! That was aimed at Vlad IMO

Some folk need to take a reality check on here. Vlad is a complete and utter knob.

Charlie-Brown

All Pressley achieved with the hijacking of a press conference was to cause more upheaval, which led to him securing a cushy move to Celtic with his old Coventry chum, Strachan - which in turn led to his infamous chest-thumping celebrations, a real 'up yours' in front of thousands of Hearts fans. I still wonder whether Strap-on had a quiet word with Stephen in the build up to all of this.

Pressley's job was to play football and captain the team. He had the responsibility to ensure unity existed within the club. How did that press conference help?

What part of announcing that 'there is significant unrest within the dressing room' helped me, helped you, helped the club at that time?

What exactly was said in his message that his supporters find so venerable?

Pressley spat the dummy out at Riccarton, nothing more. I always felt sorry for the mortified Craig Gordon, who was probably emotionally blackmailed into attending.

As we've since learned of course, it wasn't the 'message' Pressley sought, but the stage.

This ^ Pressley's misguided actions were the worst possible thing he could have done and achieved nothing except make things worse much worse - for a reasonably intelligent person it was incredibly ill-thought out imo.

Well said BB. :bravo:

Errrr, I think you will find that the Riccarton press conference was about one year after Burley's sacking.

The uncomfortable truth for the Pressley lovers is the fact that Romanov correctly identified that Pressley's playing days were coming to an end after the Scottish Cup win and tried to get Pressley to take a coaching job, Pressley's behaviour from that moment on was entirely self-motivated. His actions and behaviour ruined our Champions League chances as he set about destroying the dressing room right from the beginning of the 06/07 season.

I know that,was actually meaning that he was away and all the meddling with team selections that had been going on,should've made that a bit clearer right enough. :thumbsup:

PsychocAndy

As much as I have some time for SP, I don't see why he would feel the need to comment on anything going on at Hearts.

Well said.

If this is true, and I was him, I wouldn't have pump my chest when I came back to play against us, I'd have pumped every female member of the Romanov's, aged over 16 of course.

I'm not going to insult Vlad and say he doesn't know what he's doing, he a multi millionaire through his own endeavours, but when it comes to team affairs, I get a wee bit worried.

Back to Elvis, I wish he hadn't done that on the pitch but that wont ruin my memories of the second Scottish Cup win in my lifetime.

Colonel Kurtz

I know that,was actually meaning that he was away and all the meddling with team selections that had been going on,should've made that a bit clearer right enough. :thumbsup:

Lets see the team tomorrow

If there is no Kello and Novikovas starts then you can draw your own conclusions

Pressley is an embarrassment. All that falkirk will definitely stay up stuff as he led them to relegation was cringeworthy. How is he still in the job actually?

Ask Neil McCann about Judas Pressley.

Spot on. Don't think Elvis has many friends in the game TBH. Plum that he is.

And for the record straight after our national coach was asked about the Hearts managerial debacle he should also have been asked why he felt the need to walk on on Hearts a day before a vital Euro match.

syndicalist

Pressley is beginning to sound like a deranged hobo, slavering at the mouth anytime Vlad does anything. Of course he's entitled to his opinion, but it would be better if he had anything to say that didn't involve rehashing his grudge from six years ago. Move on Pressley and people may have more respect for you.

Colonel Kurtz

What's the big difference between Hearts sacking JJ before a big European tie and Craig Levein walking out on us before one?!

Allsports

Colonel Kurtz

This ^ Pressley's misguided actions were the worst possible thing he could have done and achieved nothing except make things worse much worse - for a reasonably intelligent person it was incredibly ill-thought out imo.

Pressley did not have any arrangements to go to Celtic..he went to London and had all but signed for a London club when Celtic offered more money.

Threre was a ban on players having mobiles at training Jankauskas chose to ignore this and there was also no fines for lithuanian players turning up late for training..one even smoked on the training pitch.

jankuaskas flaunted all the rules and when the other players were expecting him to be reprimanded ,he ended up takin 2 days off to take a Lith director to a champions league match at Chelsea.

Things couldnt have got much worse

Tommy Wiseau

It is not that what we didn't do what were asked but the fact is we just rolled over and done nothing. History has proved Pressley can do anything he wants to the Hearts support and some fans will always back him.

Easy to change someone's post to make it fit your own agenda.

Not very clever, but easy.

Those players were not treated the same way as Elvis was and he let his emotions get the better of him that day. The easily offended when it suits crowd jumped all over it though.

Revisionist. He was already being booed by a significant minority that day due to his behaviour throughout the game. And it fails to take into account his other incidents of being an utter **** to the support who treated him as a hero.

Pressley get's it bang on and the usual sh*t pops up on here, He pumped his chest so what!! That was aimed at Vlad IMO

Some folk need to take a reality check on here. Vlad is a complete and utter knob.

He must have a really shitty aim then, as Vlad wasn't at the match and looks nothing like this:

sammyfans1-300x296.jpg

:yucky:

Also will direct you to the numerous other incidents of Pressley being a classless snake on his returns to Tynie and in the media.

Ask Neil McCann about Judas Pressley.

Indeed.

And if you ask him nicely, he might direct you to Eddie May and Jackie Macnamara. Then you can ask them about what kind of a man we're talking about here.

Oh,and Freewheelin' - :Vlad-Stupid:

I would debate properly with you, but I see that BB has already tried to do this and has been given a quite, quite pompous "I'm surprised that an intelligent person can disagree with my opinion" sermon, so you don't warrant it.

the windae cleaner

Pressley is bang on the money with this mornings articlehttp://www.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Upheaval-39ludicrous39-says-former-Hearts.6812059.jp

What a furging plum of a man!!!

Buffalo Bill

Pressley did not have any arrangements to go to Celtic..he went to London and had all but signed for a London club when Celtic offered more money.

Threre was a ban on players having mobiles at training Jankauskas chose to ignore this and there was also no fines for lithuanian players turning up late for training..one even smoked on the training pitch.

jankuaskas flaunted all the rules and when the other players were expecting him to be reprimanded ,he ended up takin 2 days off to take a Lith director to a champions league match at Chelsea.

Things couldnt have got much worse

None of that justified Pressley committing hari-kari in the way that he did. If he made a complaint to Romanov about dressing-room ill-discipline and Romanov dismissed it then his choices should've then been to either get on with the job or politely step down as team captain.

By hi-jacking a press conference, he made a difficult situation worse. The consequence was that we looked terrible, and he got a move to Celtic, sanctioned by his old mucker, Strachan.

I have no doubt that at Riccarton, circa 2006, all the Lithuanians sat at one table and the Scots sat at the other.

Seymour M Hersh

How exactly did supporters not back the Riccarton 3? What were they asked to do that they didn't do?

We didn't get the pitchforks out quick enough maybe.

That flogal pest is seriously trying my patience.

Lets see the team tomorrow

If there is no Kello and Novikovas starts then you can draw your own conclusions

Which is my fear. If that happens then we are instantly plunged back into the dark days of 2007.

Pressley gutted that VR never gave him a call before Sergio, and now worried that a manager with Falkirk connections is available ...imo.

That horrible sssssssssssssnake and his supporters are just seething that he wasn't considered for the job.

Sorry lads, he'll never be allowed such a cushy job again.

:verysmug:

Oh no that big bad man pumped his chest. Pathetic

Hearts legend and cup winning captain asked questions and answers. Big wow.

Other managers like craig an robbo did too. If people read somethin they don't like it's all agendas and lies. We call Celtic paranoid. Get a grip

None of that justified Pressley committing hari-kari in the way that he did. If he made a complaint to Romanov about dressing-room ill-discipline and Romanov dismissed it then his choices should've then been to either get on with the job or politely step down as team captain.

By hi-jacking a press conference, he made a difficult situation worse. The consequence was that we looked terrible, and he got a move to Celtic, sanctioned by his old mucker, Strachan.

I have no doubt that at Riccarton, circa 2006, all the Lithuanians sat at one table and the Scots sat at the other.

quite correct.

the snakeley sympathisers of this world will simply not allow you point out that it was the way he went about airing his grievances that is the major issue... not the fact that he had grievances to air. virtually every anti-snakeley poster will probably happily admit that there were significant problems surrounding the club at that time.

during a snakeley debate, the pro-snakeley alliance steadfastly refuse to consider that there are two distinctly different issues. the cause of the grievances and the action undertaken to attempt to rectify them.

the calibre of the man was starkly demonstrated for all to see during the chest thumping escapade. no right minded hearts fan could possibly have been left in any doubt as to the nature of the beast at that point.

Malinga the Swinga

Given he is the man who guaranteed that falkirk wouldn't go down, thenguaranteed they would get promoted, pressley should shut up and thank his lucky stars he hasn't been sacked yet.

One more season in 1st division and he will be gone, and most Flakirk fans will be glad to see the back of him. I'm afriad Mr Pressley believes more in his own importance than anything else.

Colonel Kurtz

pressley turned down a player/coaching job at Hearts.

He did not engineer a move to Celtic,and had been introduced to the crowd at Charlton I think before what was an opportunistic signing by Strachan

The incident which proved to be that final straw and led to the riccarton 3 broadcast which was also supported by non scottish senior players was a Lithuanian player refusing to play in a reserve match...laughing he will still get picked on saturday.

I honestly dont know how the situation could have got much worse

JJ and BB for Falkirk!

Yep, if I was Pressley I'd be raging at them leaving too!

That should be pressleys biggest concern, if he doesn't have a flying start to the season then he could be on the dole very quickly!

Colonel Kurtz

pressley turned down a player/coaching job at Hearts.

He did not engineer a move to Celtic,and had been introduced to the crowd at Charlton I think before what was an opportunistic signing by Strachan

The incident which proved to be that final straw and led to the riccarton 3 broadcast which was also supported by non scottish senior players was a Lithuanian player refusing to play in a reserve match...laughing he will still get picked on saturday.

I honestly dont know how the situation could have got much worse

... the riccarton 3 broadcast which was also supported by non scottish senior players...

That can't be right, all those involved in the R3 'hijack' were forced / emotionally blackmailed into attending by our last cup-winning captain.

It was SP on his own that did it all....

...a bit disco

quite correct.

the snakeley sympathisers of this world will simply not allow you point out that it was the way he went about airing his grievances that is the major issue... not the fact that he had grievances to air. virtually every anti-snakeley poster will probably happily admit that there were significant problems surrounding the club at that time.

during a snakeley debate, the pro-snakeley alliance steadfastly refuse to consider that there are two distinctly different issues. the cause of the grievances and the action undertaken to attempt to rectify them.

the calibre of the man was starkly demonstrated for all to see during the chest thumping escapade. no right minded hearts fan could possibly have been left in any doubt as to the nature of the beast at that point.

Exactly. No class.

Remember Henrik Larsson scoring against Celtic?

Now that WAS class.

Exactly. No class.

Remember Henrik Larsson scoring against Celtic?

Now that WAS class.

Remember Sssssssssssssssnakely scoring against Hearts at CP and covering every blade of grass in his goal celebration?

North Berwick Jambo

This! :thumbsup:

Archived