Unamed player wants to leave.

robinc_72

Genuine question - how exactly has JJ been "treated?" Should his status as a bona fide Hearts legend/supporter have afforded him a job for life, regardless of how poor results were?

Yes.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genuine question - how exactly has JJ been "treated?" Should his status as a bona fide Hearts legend/supporter have afforded him a job for life, regardless of how poor results were?

He's been treated as most other employees have in the last few years: as a pawn in VR's bewildering, aimless game of chess.

Monsieur Maroon

As a complete stab in the dark and totally uneducated guess I'll go for Stevo.

Bought by JJ and played regularly...even as a centre forward. Surely he'll be concerned about how he'll fit in to the new managers plans?

Gigolo-Aunt

As a complete stab in the dark and totally uneducated guess I'll go for Stevo.

Bought by JJ and played regularly...even as a centre forward. Surely he'll be concerned about how he'll fit in to the new managers plans?

I would imagine that quite a lot of players will be concerned, its only natural. Stevenson was used at times as a bit part player, so he may just see this as a chance to cement his place in the side.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

He's been treated as most other employees have in the last few years: as a pawn in VR's bewildering, aimless game of chess.

He was brought in to be manager. For a while, results and performances were great. More recently, they've not been very good at all. So JJ has been replaced. This happens all the time, it will happen dozens of times in UK football this season. What makes our case so different?

The Treasurer

When KK was with us he had the habit of speaking before thinking. He also has a massive amount of respect for JJ, seeing JJ as giving him a chance. My bet would be KK said something that he didnt really mean in the heat of the moment. If the player exists at all...

Also see a few folks saying that the younger players might get a chance. That was the first thing that happened when JJ left us.

He was classy on sportsound - always comes across incredibly well. I loved the 'some people will be sad i'm leaving, others will be delighted' comment with the wee laugh.

Genuine question Mitch as you seem to give a balanced view on things involving Hearts.

The media like to portray Hearts as a "laughing stock" and a club who's fans are living in constant dispair about the "terrible state" of our club.

So as an outsider looking in do you see Hearts as a laughing stock and feel pity for the fans or do you see us a club that is never dull and as a fan would love to see your club in the same position as Hearts (i.e. seen as the only team that could realistically challenge the OF, have a chance of winning things and playing in Europe in front of near full houses every other week).

Feel free to be as honest and blunt as you like.:)

Players who played more often than not will be upset. Players who never got much of a look in, no matter how well they got on with the departing manager will be more upbeat as the door has opened again. Craig Levein was bang on yesterday, players are durable and will be fine.

Nothing changes for Darren Barr though. Time just stands still.

sad.gif

Exactly. Some players who are any manager's favoured players will be worried when the manager gets the sack. One may even have thrown the toys out of the pram before switching the brain on, although there really is not much proof here is there. By the way some people throw "naive" about at anyone who does not want Vlad beheaded. Is it a bit naive to get one's pants in a knot about this "story"?

He was brought in to be manager. For a while, results and performances were great. More recently, they've not been very good at all. So JJ has been replaced. This happens all the time, it will happen dozens of times in UK football this season. What makes our case so different?

The Kello situation. The non-payment of bonuses for all but a small minority of players. The CT situation.

At how many other clubs does a manager have to deal with these things.

JJ wasn't sacked for the team's failings on the pitch. And even if he was (I'll repeat, he wasn't), getting a team to perform with the mitigating circustances above would be beyond most managers.

Look, if its easier for everyone to just think JJ was sacked due to the team's form, then maybe I should be leaving it. Standing up to VR and asking him to do the right thing - and what the overwhelming majority of Hearts fans wanted - over Craig Thomson is maybe just not quite cosy enough for some. Ignorance truly is bliss.

The Kello situation. The non-payment of bonuses for all but a small minority of players. The CT situation.

At how many other clubs does a manager have to deal with these things.

JJ wasn't sacked for the team's failings on the pitch. And even if he was (I'll repeat, he wasn't), getting a team to perform with the mitigating circustances above would be beyond most managers.

Look, if its easier for everyone to just think JJ was sacked due to the team's form, then maybe I should be leaving it. Standing up to VR and asking him to do the right thing - and what the overwhelming majority of Hearts fans wanted - over Craig Thomson is maybe just not quite cosy enough for some. Ignorance truly is bliss.

Do you not feel a moral obligation to stay and educate everyone? It would be "ignorant" to believe that results were not important. We all know that Vlad is "different" from others and has many faults. We also can see that players have chosen to come here so I assume that the money actually paid is enough temptation to overcome the dire state of the dressing room? Were some folk around in the days when we had no money at all and the bank told us to sell players to keep us solvent and we yo-yoed (?spelling) between the leagues? JJ was a player so he will remember! So rather than being naive or ignorant some people are actually forming, for themselves, a balanced view of with/without Vlad.

Optimus Prime

It's got to be Kevin Kyle. Very loyal to Jefferies, saved his career when it was heading nowhere, backed him during his dispute with the Killie chairman and brought him to Tynecastle. It's unlikely to be a foreigner or a new signing. My second guess would be Ian Black.

heartsfc_fan

Zal is 10% bombscare 90% one of the best defenders in SPL.

:blink:

It's nearer 40/60 or 50/50

:blink:

It's nearer 40/60 or 50/50

Actually it's probably closer to 5% bombscare, 95% one of best defenders in SPL. Maybe even a better ratio than that.

That's still too much bombscare though!

Guys, Zal is probably the 2nd best central defender in SPL. Seriously, who else would you rather have?

Also, remember he has had to partner some absolute roasters too!

Guys, Zal is probably the 2nd best central defender in SPL. Seriously, who else would you rather have?

Bingo,remember the state of our defence when Vlad wouldn't let him play and when he did return the number of points and clean sheets we started to get shot up big style.

Bougherra (not for much longer), Kenneth, Loovens, K Wilson...

There's not many, but he makes too many mistakes to rank him up with the best in the league.

Gigolo-Aunt

There's not many, but he makes too many mistakes to rank him up with the best in the league.

How much do you know about K Wilson?

I know it is all about opinions, but:

Weir

Bougherra

Webster

Loovens

Kelvin Wilson

That big bald defender for Celtic

Kenneth

All off the top of my head, all better players than Zal(and im sure others could think of more). Not even saying that they are that good.

IMO Zal not good enough.

Tommy Wiseau

Loovens? :cornette::rofl:

I'll crack the jokes. :lol:

Howdy Doody Jambo

Where was Zalukas on sunday ? posted missing for the goal , he makes basic errors in every game he plays , hopefully the new coach will bring in a replacement for him before the end of the transfer window , one facepalm of a player

Walter Bishop

Weir

Bougherra

Webster

Loovens

Kelvin Wilson

Kenneth

All off the top of my head, all better players than Zal(and im sure others could think of more). Not even saying that they are that good.

IMO Zal not good enough.

:Vlad-Stupid: :Vlad-Stupid: :Vlad-Stupid: :Vlad-Stupid:

Howdy Doody Jambo

He really is more like the 2nd worst central defender in the SPL more like , i would have any other SPL centre half than him

Gigolo-Aunt

He really is more like the 2nd worst central defender in the SPL more like , i would have any other SPL centre half than him

mcleod_ally1211b%5B1%5D.jpg

:Vlad-Stupid: :Vlad-Stupid: :Vlad-Stupid: :Vlad-Stupid:

As I say, Im not even saying Kenneth is good, just that he is better than Zal, which, imo, is not saying much.

Gigolo-Aunt

As I say, Im not even saying Kenneth is good, just that he is better than Zal, which, imo, is not saying much.

You will be regretting saying that when NAC Breda's bid of 3 million Euro's is accepted as the transfer window SLAMS SHUT

mahgrassyshoes

Even the one defender who is worse than him?

Lucky we have Paulo as manager then :), we all have our opinions on who is good, great etc...

Lets just leave it to a real manager to find out for himself

You will be regretting saying that when NAC Breda's bid of 3 million Euro's is accepted as the transfer window SLAMS SHUT

I would be absolutely delighted if we got that for him.

If only we had signed big Diamond.... ;) ok, too far with that one.

Chad Sexington

Lot of pressure on the sporting director to pull that one off.

NAC Breda simply cant afford another SLAP IN THE FACE. <_<

winston churchill

Until Lee Wallace left.

Bombscare wasn't even the second best centre half at the club.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Lucky we have Paulo as manager then :), we all have our opinions on who is good, great etc...

Lets just leave it to a real manager to find out for himself

and Romanov

We always look at our own players and are harsher. But if you watched closely on Sunday, Kenneth got away with murder. How would you have looked upon Zaliukas if he gave Elliot that room at both his chances?

There were other instances when the Utd defence led a charmed life with Kenneth exposed.

The problem with Zal is he thinks he`s a player. If he stuck to what he can do best instead of shaping his body to telegraph passes he wouldn`t get so much criticism.

He`s a good player but like when Amoruso was at the Hu ns, he regularly puts his team in trouble with brainstorms after playing solidly.

seems its stick the boot in Zal day again.

as i've said before Zal's biggest problem is concentration. he drifts in games and causes problems for himself and the rest of the defence.

however it seems he rarely gets parised for doing the more mundane run of the mill stuff very well (yeh people will say that's what he's paid for). but its exactly that which he does 90% of the time.

like most defenders & GK's his errors are more likekly to lead to goals so people remember more. :D

e.g remember Kello a few years ago @ Easter Road? people were clamouring for him never to play again! (luckily he did & we can see the benefits).

P.s get rid of Zal & we have darren Barr or eggert, Adrian or Ryan none are natural centre halfs & will guarantee you more nightmare performnces there than zal ever will.

as for othe centre halfs in the SPL; excluding the OF none are up to much; Garry Kenneth? gie me a break! :P

Tommy Wiseau

2nd worst in the SPL?

Not as good as Majstorovic?

Someone's pulled an all-nighter I see.

Seymour M Hersh

Weir

Bougherra

Webster

Loovens

Kelvin Wilson

Kenneth

IMO Zal not good enough.

Is that the cellik new boy who has played one game in the SPL and you have him in the top seven CH's. Not bad going.

Vlad-Stupid

Out of all the shan posters over the last 48hrs, you are edging in to the lead. You are either a Hibee, a WUM or an utter spanner. Either way, you clearly know the square root of hee haw about football

Someone suggested Webster!!! Laughing so hard it hurts.

Zaliukas was huge factor in our great run last season. If he had a solid partner it would also help.

To the guy who suggests Weir is better, seriously? You'd rather have a 41yr old than Zali? Thank god you are not manager!

Is that the cellik new boy who has played one game in the SPL and you have him in the top seven CH's. Not bad going.

Yes. Celtic is not the only club he has played for funnily enough.

Gigolo-Aunt

Yes. Celtic is not the only club he has played for funnily enough.

Came from Notts Forrest. See much of Forrest do you?

thumbsup.gif

What? You went to over 30 games last season?

Ah right

sad.gif

Came from Notts Forrest. See much of Forrest do you?

thumbsup.gif

What? You went to over 30 games last season?

Ah right

sad.gif

So I need to watch Messi 30 times a season to able o form an opinion of him, yes? Ahhh right.

Sky Sports, it is the way forward, shows games and highlights from the Championship on a regular basis.

Vlad-Stupid

Weir

Bougherra

Webster

Loovens

Kelvin Wilson

Kenneth

IMO Zal not good enough.

Weir - Looked tired tail end of last season, be interesting to see how he does this year. Not doubting quality.

Bougherra - No arguments

Webster :rofl:

Loovens :rofl: :rofl:

Kelvin Wilson - I honestly dont know who that is :rofl:

That big bald defender for Celtic :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Kenneth :rofl: x infinity to the power of :vrface:

winston churchill

The problem with Zal is he thinks he`s a player. If he stuck to what he can do best instead of shaping his body to telegraph passes he wouldn`t get so much criticism.

My Sphincter goes every time he has a rush of blood and tries coming out the box with the ball.

Gigolo-Aunt

So I need to watch Messi 30 times a season to able o form an opinion of him, yes? Ahhh right.

Sky Sports, it is the way forward, shows games and highlights from the Championship on a regular basis.

How many times have you seen him play?

Watch quite a bit of Championship football, have to say, never really noticed him that much.

Now, you may be right, so what are his main strengths?

and Romanov

Time will tell how our new guy will do, one of lifes great uncertainties- no one knows

No doubt the stories will come out in the coming months that Vladimir has had a say on the team selection whether true or not, probably when we are going well again

Weir - Looked tired tail end of last season, be interesting to see how he does this year. Not doubting quality.

Bougherra - No arguments

Webster :rofl:

Loovens :rofl: :rofl:

Kelvin Wilson - I honestly dont know who that is :rofl:

That big bald defender for Celtic :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Kenneth :rofl: x infinity to the power of :vrface:

Probably the opinion of any non Hearts fan regarding Zal I would imagine.

Chad Sexington

Watch quite a bit of Championship football, have to say, never really noticed him that much.

:lol:

Lill_Witness_Prosecution_02s.jpg

The non Hearts fans I know all rate Zali very highly.

Zali is guilty of picking up stupid bookings, but he has calmed down a hell of a lot. He got hammered on here for his yellow at Ibrox which was daft, but in whole scheme of things, not important.

Yes he makes mistakes, but EVERYONE does. It is human nature. We are not perfect. I've even seen Messi give the ball away or miss a great chance.

Zamia problem is that he needs to put in a 10/10 performance to even get pass marks from some Hearts fans. Why is that???

Everybody loves Baz

Out of all the shan posters over the last 48hrs, you are edging in to the lead. You are either a Hibee, a WUM or an utter spanner. Either way, you clearly know the square root of hee haw about football

People need to stop quoting these Rsoles, I've put a rake of these Vlad Haters/Hobos/WUM's call them what you want on ignore but it's pointless if folk keep quoting them in their reply as you still see what they've posted.

Do what i've done, put the *******s on ignorec and i'll bet you're day gets better x100 :thumbsup:

heartsfc_fan

I actually think Zaliukas is a good defender, but he is always prone to a silly error/moment practically every match. (Where it be the United goal on Sunday or picking up a needless booking against Rangers). He needs to cut it out of his game.

I couldnt tell you specifically how many times I have seen him, or any other player for that matter, play. But seen him a few times on tv. He seems composed, can concentrate, a solid defender who can play a little. Composure being something that big Zal lacks big time.

However, I would be more than happy for him to have an absolute shocker up here and Zal to become our player of the year and be outstanding. Somehow I doubt that will happen though.

Archived