Unamed player wants to leave.

robinc_72

I just listened to bbc sportsound podcast and there wasnt anything about a leaving player

We just made it all up to fool you. JJ is still the manager as well. And ibrox is that way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who cares? We don't have a single player who wouldn't be forgotten about after 5 games.

The only players who are worth anything are Kello and Temps,i'm a bit meh about the rest.I hope it turns out to be Barr because he is pish and cant be very happy.

The Old Tolbooth

My money's on Kello. JJ clearly defended him to the hilt to Romanov and played him against Vlad's wishes. Now Jefferies has left, Kello may well feel defenseless and fear being frozen out again! Just an educated guess though

My thoughts too, if indeed it's true

The players need to be loyal and honour their contracts and earn their dosh. Teams all over Europe regularly change managers and players perform under every regime, so we should be no different. Players will be more worried that they will be found out for lacking the technical and passing ability that the Portuguese guy will desire. I for one would be glad to see the back of Mrowiec, Black etc as a waste of skin.

The facts are most of the current squad are either at a level they are going to get no further than or are on decent money. If I was them I would keep my head down, work hard for the new manager and impress in Europe instead of contacting agents.

There are players like Medhi and Hammil who have come recently to the club to play for JJ (again) of course but they will still be getting good money playing for a better and bigger club than they were before. Do they think they can get better elsewhere all of a sudden.

Kello is an interesting one. Celtic still need a 'keeper too. I hope not.

I don't necessarily think it's true, but Kello is surely the only one who would be able to actively try and get a move to a bigger club? Temps maybe, but possibly not yet.

As i say, not saying i think it's Kello, but if the likes of Kyle or pretty much all the rest think they're going anywhere better or for more money, they're pissing in the wind.

WayneMarooney

Has to be one of the ex-Killie boys or Kello. My money's on Kello but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was Taouil. I also wouldn't be at all surprised if this wasn't just a bit of Glasgow media mischief making. The west coast scumerazzi must be weeing their frilly panties over all of this.

polwarthjambo

KK nap - outspoken wherever he has been, he's also a bit thick by all accounts. i'd imagine he has enough of a wedge behind him that he can probably afford to speak his mind and will find a club no bother if mr romanov empties him.

we're being a bit misguided if we think all the players signed to the club are here purely to play for the badge and would bleed for the cause etc etc. half of the players in scottish football don't really give a sh*t about the club or the fans they play for - they're there for the cash and then maybe their team mates or the manager who brought them in. whoever the player is he won't be the only one considering his future i'm sure.

maroonshrew

A lazy journalist looking for a non story would use Suso. He has quotes about wanting to move earlier in the season. Yes, they are for completely different reasons but a journo can write that a Hearts player wants to leave and wouldnt be lying. If he named him we all know its a non story cos he wanted to move ages ago, if he says its a mystery player it gives the impression of chaos and revolt. just a guess...

the BBC's roving blimp brian mclaughlin has just said that "several players told him privately" that they are not happy about jefferies being sacked.

easy sensationalism then.

That Brian McLaughlin really is a sweetie wife. Always loves a potentially scandalous story about Hearts, reports it in his bumbling monotone too.

It's funny that everyone is trying to guess the player. I bet guessing the agent would be easier (in the unlikely event that there is any truth in any of this). Is there an agent that stirs up bother for Vlad whenever he can? That likes leaking things to the press? Hmmm.

Probs all BS though.

Polworth: Dunno about KK having to much cash behind him. He gave an interview that said he blew most of the big money he earned down south and that now his wife gives him pocket money.

KK nap - outspoken wherever he has been, he's also a bit thick by all accounts. i'd imagine he has enough of a wedge behind him that he can probably afford to speak his mind and will find a club no bother if mr romanov empties him.

we're being a bit misguided if we think all the players signed to the club are here purely to play for the badge and would bleed for the cause etc etc. half of the players in scottish football don't really give a sh*t about the club or the fans they play for - they're there for the cash and then maybe their team mates or the manager who brought them in. whoever the player is he won't be the only one considering his future i'm sure.

I am not so sure about having "enough of a wedge" if the stories about his gambling addiction are to be believed then the vast majority of it will be in William Hill's.

Patrick Bateman

Here's a simple solution; why don't HMFC make Brian McLaughlin persona non grata? His reporting today was an embarrassment to journalistic standards - He clearly had no interest in reporting the story, rather he was pursuing the knackered 'Mad Vlad' media narrative, which has been spun for years, and stirring up trouble. He should be excluded from future press conferences and denied access to the stadium. We should operate a zero tolerance approach to attacks from the print and televisual media.

Funnily enough, the BBC is general able to report things with a degree of neutrality, yet when it comes to Reporting Scotchland, and all their Sportsound minions, they can't help but tear into us. They seem to get off on belittling the Scottish game, promoting mediocrity and refusing to actually do any research or serious investigative journalism. Would it *really* have been too much effort for them to contact English speaking Portuguese Sports journalists to ask about Sergio, rather than just saying we "don't know much about him" for example?

ring-of-fire

I reaally really dont think it will be KK. 1. He's skint because of a gambling problem, where he pissed away his high earning days. 2. He's f****d - realy bad injury so nobody would pay him anywhere close to what we are. 3. He's got a young family to look after so wont want to be dropping down wages etc.

For what its worth, I've heard the players arent THAT bothered - some are quite happy, some are a bit pissed but most are just thinking this is part and parcel of football. If you think about it, how many players play with the same manager for anything over a couple years. Managers come and go in 90% of clubs and player these days move on after a couple of years. Its rare for players to have the same coach for longer then that - the 3 Killie boys are probably the only ones that would have played under a coach for longer then 2 years!

The player wont have enjoyed not winning since March either remember.

Heres Rixxy

Let's remember that the guys who arrived in the summer can't play for another club till next year, so would be suprised if they requested a move.

WayneMarooney

Here's a simple solution; why don't HMFC make Brian McLaughlin persona non grata? His reporting today was an embarrassment to journalistic standards - He clearly had no interest in reporting the story, rather he was pursuing the knackered 'Mad Vlad' media narrative, which has been spun for years, and stirring up trouble. He should be excluded from future press conferences and denied access to the stadium. We should operate a zero tolerance approach to attacks from the print and televisual media.

Funnily enough, the BBC is general able to report things with a degree of neutrality, yet when it comes to Reporting Scotchland, and all their Sportsound minions, they can't help but tear into us. They seem to get off on belittling the Scottish game, promoting mediocrity and refusing to actually do any research or serious investigative journalism. Would it *really* have been too much effort for them to contact English speaking Portuguese Sports journalists to ask about Sergio, rather than just saying we "don't know much about him" for example?

They're just obsessed with pleasing their Glaswegian audience. It gives them all some light relief from the stress of being an OF supporter, and something else to talk about all day (which obviously helps pass the time if you're not gainfully employed...)

Let's remember that the guys who arrived in the summer can't play for another club till next year, so would be suprised if they requested a move.

They can move in January.

I reaally really dont think it will be KK. 1. He's skint because of a gambling problem, where he pissed away his high earning days. 2. He's f****d - realy bad injury so nobody would pay him anywhere close to what we are. 3. He's got a young family to look after so wont want to be dropping down wages etc.

For what its worth, I've heard the players arent THAT bothered - some are quite happy, some are a bit pissed but most are just thinking this is part and parcel of football. If you think about it, how many players play with the same manager for anything over a couple years. Managers come and go in 90% of clubs and player these days move on after a couple of years. Its rare for players to have the same coach for longer then that - the 3 Killie boys are probably the only ones that would have played under a coach for longer then 2 years!

The player wont have enjoyed not winning since March either remember.

Agreed. Certainly things i've heard over a period of a few months have indicated that fitness work during the season was widely regarded as less than challenging, there were concerns over the technical preparation for games in terms of not really knowing what was expected at set pieces, and some players, particularly young players, felt aggrieved over lack of opportunity. However, the latter point about player gripes will be true at a lot of football clubs. Not claiming this to be gospel though, merely what i'd heard a few months back.

We'll know who this player is on Thursday evening, it'll be easy. We just need to see which player only has a number on the back of his shirt.

ford donald

Sportsound saying that an unnamed player contacted his agent yesterday to say he wanted to leave. Worrying stuff.

One player! Who cares! Probably a under achiever!

KillieMitch

When KK was with us he had the habit of speaking before thinking. He also has a massive amount of respect for JJ, seeing JJ as giving him a chance. My bet would be KK said something that he didnt really mean in the heat of the moment. If the player exists at all...

Also see a few folks saying that the younger players might get a chance. That was the first thing that happened when JJ left us.

He was classy on sportsound - always comes across incredibly well. I loved the 'some people will be sad i'm leaving, others will be delighted' comment with the wee laugh.

Who would have a word with a hack just they could blab it out on the air? Sounds like ****** n' balls.

PauloSergioBentoBrito

Its a load of ****** n balls.

Suso has wanted to go home for ages now.

The media exploiting this to make a change of manager look like the end of the world.

Francis Albert

I would seriously imagine that almost the whole 1st team squad will be somewhat pissed off. Whether anything comes of it, who knows. You don't want players just playing for the club cos we pay them, we want and need players who want to be there and who enjoy being there. That only comes with treating them properly.

Imagination is a wonderful thing. (Serious imagination??)

The whole first team squad (with the exception perhaps of the mysterious anonymous disaffected one) will be trying to impress their new boss,

Sportsound saying that an unnamed player contacted his agent yesterday to say he wanted to leave. Worrying stuff.

load of shite if you want to leave the club just hand in a transfer request

downunder jambo

Its not unreasonable to assume that probably a lot of the players will be disappointed that JJ has left the club, especially those who were brought to the club by him. Before signing for a new club I'm sure players consider who the manager is that they are going to be playing for, and if they join a club because they want to play for a particular manager/coach then of course it must be disappointing when that manager/coach moves on. That doesn't necessarily mean the players will want to leave as well! I'm sure they will all be keen to impress the new manager - some may actually enjoy playing for him more than JJ, and some may even do better!

Boo hoo my bossy wossy has lefty wefty. I'm a celebrity get me out of here.

Close the door behind you ya complete effin cant.

Imagination is a wonderful thing. (Serious imagination??)

The whole first team squad (with the exception perhaps of the mysterious anonymous disaffected one) will be trying to impress their new boss,

I don't think you quite grasp the level of discontent which already exists. We do not have a happy squad. That they've now lost the only guy who was looking out for them well be a big blow to them. Of course, the new guy may come in and prove to be very popular - I hope so - but at the moment, it's an educated guess to say we'll have a number of pissed off/worried players.

Once again its Zal.

Would make sense if it is.

Boo hoo my bossy wossy has lefty wefty. I'm a celebrity get me out of here.

Close the door behind you ya complete effin cant.

Your usual erudite and worthwhile contribution hibbylover. Well done.

He Who Cannot Be Named

I don't think you quite grasp the level of discontent which already exists. We do not have a happy squad. That they've now lost the only guy who was looking out for them well be a big blow to them. Of course, the new guy may come in and prove to be very popular - I hope so - but at the moment, it's an educated guess to say we'll have a number of pissed off/worried players.

Would make sense if it is.

Your usual erudite and worthwhile contribution hibbylover. Well done.

Hmm.. hardly educated if you ask me, just a guess really. down.gif

Hmm.. hardly educated if you ask me, just a guess really. down.gif

Nope. First wee red bit, fact. Second wee red bit, slight rhetoric* but with foundation. Third wee red bit, educated guess.

An educated guess takes a degree of knowledge on the subject. You any?

*rhetoric in that JJ wasn't the only GC at the club. Plenty good coaching and medical staff, senior pros and backroom staff, most of whom remain. For now.

Having shared a plane with 22 of the players last week I did not get the impression of an unhappy squad.

I did notice they had their cliques tho.

Obua smiled as he does but seemed to just fit in anywhere. The young laddies sat together and the older ones sat together.

I think this is just natural dynamics tho. Templeton and Blackie seemed best pals and so did Kello and big Zal.

I got my photo taken with Kello and one with Obua.

Good times.

It's Zal.

Hope so, thus far I've seen him get a daft booking at Ibrox and not pickup his man against DU leading to a goal. Pretty sure he got dragged out of position against Paksi as well just before they scored.

He's a bombscare

Greedy_Jambo

I remember Hammil saying the reason he signed wad because how good to him JJ was when his father died. Might be him.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

In your opinion.

I actually believe there will be some players who'll be considering their future at the club due to way JJ has been treated.

It won't be the first time we've seen this sort of behaviour by a Hearts player.

Genuine question - how exactly has JJ been "treated?" Should his status as a bona fide Hearts legend/supporter have afforded him a job for life, regardless of how poor results were?

Gigolo-Aunt

Players who played more often than not will be upset. Players who never got much of a look in, no matter how well they got on with the departing manager will be more upbeat as the door has opened again. Craig Levein was bang on yesterday, players are durable and will be fine.

Nothing changes for Darren Barr though. Time just stands still.

sad.gif

Archived