Pressley critical of Romanov

Chaps

Majority shareholder :thumbsup:

Incorrect prof. Majority shareholder isnt an official position any more than a man with one share has an official position with the club.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shaun.lawson

I thought you were clever enough to know that being in charge of a company and having an official position within said company are two different things :thumbsup:

Hence him having 'no official position'. Thanks for confirming he's in charge, though - and when someone in charge of a company comments on a competitor, people tend to listen. :thumbsup:

Hence him having 'no official position'. Thanks for confirming he's in charge, though - and when someone in charge of a company comments on a competitor, people tend to listen. :thumbsup:

They can listen all they want, doesnt mean that as a punter with no official role at a club he can't comment as he sees fit.

shaun.lawson

They can listen all they want, doesnt mean that as a punter with no official ties to a club he can't comment as he sees fit.

Apart from the small matter of him being in charge of the club, you mean?

They can listen all they want, doesnt mean that as a punter with no official ties to a club he can't comment as he sees fit.

So if he has no official ties to us why have we been investigated by the SFA in the past for comments he has made?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

So my point wasn't ridiculous?

Mr Romanov holds no official position at Hearts and therefore him commenting on the tims is nothing like a rival manager commenting on non football matters.

Apologise please, Shaun.

:verysmug:

So if he has no official ties to us why have we been investigated by the SFA in the past for comments he has made?

If he does have an official role, why did the SFA have to introduce new rules so they could investigate us?

Francis Albert

The SFA invented a new rule that allowed them to go after someone "with influence on the Board".

because of this.

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/SFA-could-change-rules-to.2743636.jp

THE SFA is considering a change of rules in order to bring Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov to book for any future criticism of match officials.

Romanov is currently outwith the disciplinary reach of the SFA as, despite being the majority shareholder in Hearts, he is not a registered official of the club.

shaun.lawson

So my point wasn't ridiculous?

Mr Romanov holds no official position at Hearts and therefore him commenting on the tims is nothing like a rival manager commenting on non football matters.

Apologise please, Shaun.

Behave, you. :lol:

Your point was completely ridiculous. But it's good to know that all your posts of faux - and at times, actual - adulation towards him over the years have been about someone who, as far as Hearts are concerned, is apparently a total irrelevance. :thumbsup:

Hearts have been fined ?10,000 by the Scottish Football Association after majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov's criticism of match officals.

The Edinburgh side were also warned about their future conduct after being found guilty of disrepute for carrying the comments on the club website.

Romanov had referred to referees' conduct during Hearts' successful Scottish Cup run last season.

Hearts have not as yet revealed whether they will appeal against the fine.

An individual charge against Romanov was deferred by the SFA's general purposes committee because he was unable to attend Tuesday's meeting.

His case will be dealt with at the next meeting of the committee in December even if he does not turn up.

Romanov was critical of the Scottish media and said: "Last season, you didn't manage to protect the Scottish Cup and gave it to Hearts, despite all the referees' efforts and intrigues."

The SFA closed a loophole in May that had allowed Romanov to air his outspoken views with impunity because he has no official post at Tynecastle.

The resolution means every person holding authority at a club or control over the board falls under the SFA's jurisdiction.

What's wrong with any of that? Romanov acted like an arsehole throughout and JJ the seasoned professional. That's all true. And he talks sense on the playoff place.

It his none of his business.

He is employed by Falkirk and should be concentrating on them, especially given most Falkirk fans wanted him out last season.

Pretty much my point of view.

Although, if that was any other club Ehlvis wouldn't have commented. He just wanted to make headlines by having a go at Romanov.

The man's a knob.

The SFA closed a loophole in May that had allowed Romanov to air his outspoken views with impunity because he has no official post at Tynecastle.

No official post.

If by "getting in a tangle" you mean proving that el pof and Shaun don't know what they are talking about then yes, we have :verysmug:

scott_jambo

Hearts have been fined ?10,000 by the Scottish Football Association after majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov's criticism of match officals.

The Edinburgh side were also warned about their future conduct after being found guilty of disrepute for carrying the comments on the club website.

Romanov had referred to referees' conduct during Hearts' successful Scottish Cup run last season.

An individual charge against Romanov was deferred by the SFA's general purposes committee because he was unable to attend Tuesday's meeting.

His case will be dealt with at the next meeting of the committee in December even if he does not turn up.

Romanov was critical of the Scottish media and said: "Last season, you didn't manage to protect the Scottish Cup and gave it to Hearts, despite all the referees' efforts and intrigues."

The resolution means every person holding authority at a club or control over the board falls under the SFA's jurisdiction.

because he has no official post at Tynecastle.

Tommy Wiseau

:rofl:

Just prove yourself wrong with the article then, eh?

OOPS

The White Cockade

anyone taking offence at the few words Elvis said (which are the same as what the majority of Hearts fans are saying) is an absolute roaster

Also whatever Romanov's official title or lack of such he is the owner of HMFC and makes ALL the major decisions

The man may have saved us from Murrayfield but he alone is solely responsible for turning our club into a laughing stock and since his latest

rants will probably cost the club another massive fine and his disgraceful stance on our convicted sex offender he is the only slithering snake I can see in this story

I've thought he was a clown since 2006 but he is turning out to be much worse than I ever thought possible and its frightening to think

what kind of state the club will be in when he finally goes

If any of the sheep still don't get it Hearts are now just a rich lunatic's plaything

scott_jambo

I'm sure JJ will be thanking Pressley for trying to drive a wedge between the manager and the owner.

Why is the despicable snake always trying to get at our club.

Oh, at a recent function, Neil McCann, Scott Wilson and Steven Pressley were there.

Neil McCann was saying he has his dream job at SKY and is loving it. thumbsup.gif

Also said Scott Wilson was ripping the pish out of Pressley the whole night. :pleasing: :pleasing:

Clerry Jambo

anyone taking offence at the few words Elvis said (which are the same as what the majority of Hearts fans are saying) is an absolute roaster

Also whatever Romanov's official title or lack of such he is the owner of HMFC and makes ALL the major decisions

The man may have saved us from Murrayfield but he alone is solely responsible for turning our club into a laughing stock and since his latest

rants will probably cost the club another massive fine and his disgraceful stance on our convicted sex offender he is the only slithering snake I can see in this story

I've thought he was a clown since 2006 but he is turning out to be much worse than I ever thought possible and its frightening to think

If any of the sheep still don't get it Hearts are now just a rich lunatic's plaything

Capetown, you need to post more often Sir and not a picture / image in sight :thumbsup:

Pressley was right before and he's right now.

No, he wasn't.

As for the rest of the thread, whilst I agree that Pressley wasn't far from the mark, I'd like to think he would have the dignity and respect for our club and supporters to act like a professional. What he has done in that statement is expose his lack of respect for others, a basic level of respect that all good parents instil in their children. I agree with Charles and his analogy. John Robertson can comment on our club whenever he likes as, in my opinion, he has never done a single thing to let us down. Even if I completely disagreed with Robertson, he would be entitled to his opinion as he has earned it.

Pressley's previous form has negated a lot of the good he did for our club, which is a huge shame. A bigger shame for him, as he was truly welcomed into our family, something that is no longer the case.

What if Lennon had said it?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

EH? EH? EH?

Aye.

Capetown, you need to post more often Sir and not a picture / image in sight :thumbsup:

And not a sight of Clerry Jambo at Tynecastle for years.

:muggy:

cool-story-bro-tell-it-again-kids-shirts_design.png

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

I hate you, Clerry. Have an argument with I.J since he's around so he can make you look ridic again please because I can't be bothered putting in the effort.

whilst I agree that Pressley wasn't far from the mark, I'd like to think he would have the dignity and respect for our club and supporters to act like a professional.

Hey man. Glad to hear you're out of the 5 year coma you've been in.

Let me bring you up to speed on a couple of things..........

Clerry Jambo

And not a sight of Clerry Jambo at Tynecastle for years.

:muggy:

Oh dear Andy, I know you can do better than that :D

I hate you, Clerry. Have an argument with I.J since he's around so he can make you look ridic again please because I can't be bothered putting in the effort.

I've got him on ignore.

I've no longer any intention of debating HMFC with someone who would turn their back on the club.

Wow. I can't believe it.

An ex cup winning, club captain and legend in the eyes of many jambos answered a question about Hearts.

Let's all seethe, call him a snake and claim he has no right.

The funny thing is, what he said was spot on and what most have been saying themselves on here. :lol:

Tommy Wiseau

Please see my previous post. Hearts fans are allowed to criticise because we ****ing care about the club and aren't just shitey wind up merchants with nae pals who shit on everyone that treated them like a hero.

Cheers.

#

Dinnae slip into the bad old ways again Clerry. :down:

If you're going to have a new idol since the POP is dead, at least pick someone who can write in sentences, eh.

Clerry Jambo

I've got him on ignore.

I've no longer any intention of debating HMFC with someone who would turn their back on the club.

Pity you'll not see this but there is a God :thumbsup:

What if Lennon had said it?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

EH? EH? EH?

Aye.

If Lennon had said it I for one would have been seething. As Presslry captained us to a Cup win I am only slightly annoyed.

It's quite upsetting to see that some people still haven't climbed out of Snakeys arse yet :(

If by "getting in a tangle" you mean proving that el pof and Shaun don't know what they are talking about then yes, we have :verysmug:

:rofl:

Just prove yourself wrong with the article then, eh?

OOPS

Why would I post an article and then highlight a part of it if it disagreed with the point I was making? :rofl:

My point is that Romanov is our majority shareholder and therefore speaks on behalf of the club and the club are held accountable for his comments. In a nutshell, the views expressed below are total crap:

Does Mr Romanov hold an official position at Hearts?

It's the equivalent of me commenting on Sellick.

Snakey is the manager of another club and should mind his own business.

Hey man. Glad to hear you're out of the 5 year coma you've been in.

Let me bring you up to speed on a couple of things..........

...so you got the reference then. ;)

It's quite upsetting to see that some people still haven't climbed out of Snakeys arse yet :(

It's upsetting to see the pitchfork brigade still seething.

Getting all nonsensical when Pressley says what almost EVERYONE on here has been saying. Couldn't make it up.

He didn't bring it up. He was asked a question because he is an ex cup winning club captain. It's that simple. Seriously!

The overreaction is hysterical and it's even funnier that some think that just because you don't over react, it means you are up his arse?!

Deary me. :(

...so you got the reference then. ;)

Obviously.

It's just sad that there is still a tiny minority of Hearts fans under Snakely's spell.

tumblr_lj2v4twNwy1qavmeoo1_500.gif

Why would I post an article and then highlight a part of it if it disagreed with the point I was making? :rofl:

Because you are too daft to realise you did it apparently :vrface:

My point is that Romanov is our majority shareholder and therefore speaks on behalf of the club and the club are held accountable for his comments. In a nutshell, the views expressed below are total crap:

They are not views. It is a fact Mr Romanov does not hold a position at the club.

You even said it yourself. :blink:

Tommy Wiseau

:blink:

Serious question because I don't know. What is his official position?

I'm assuming since it's so ridiculous he has an official position?!

he doesnt Andy, and it is in fact Shaun who is looking ridiculous here.

Majority shareholder :thumbsup:

Incorrect prof. Majority shareholder isnt an official position any more than a man with one share has an official position with the club.

No official post.

El prof, please read the above. This isn't a difficult one.

In one of the quotes above, you argue against the point that Mr Romanov has no official position within the club. You then produce an article which proves he does not.

I'm afraid you really should stop trying to roll with the big boys on here. We're clearly all more intellectually mature than the people you usually debate with. :thumbsup:

scott_jambo

The penny still hasn't dropped. Jesus christ it must be hard being you. laugh.gif

Time to go back to watching the pretty big robots in Transformers, methinks.

Gigolo-Aunt

The penny still hasn't dropped. Jesus christ it must be hard being you. laugh.gif

Time to go back to watching the pretty big robots in Transformers, methinks.

laugh.gif

They are not views. It is a fact Mr Romanov does not hold a position at the club.

You even said it yourself. :blink:

I agree he doesn't have an official post. He is referred to on the official website as majority shareholder.

This doesn't change your claim that VR commenting on something is exactly the same as you commenting on something.

We are held accountable for the comments of Romanov. We aren't held accountable for your comments.

In the eyes of the media and SFA, Romanov speaks for Hearts.

To claim otherwise justbecause he has no official role and because it supports your phressley seethe is pathetic! :facepalm:

El prof, please read the above. This isn't a difficult one.

In one of the quotes above, you argue against the point that Mr Romanov has no official position within the club. You then produce an article which proves he does not.

I'm afraid you really should stop trying to roll with the big boys on here. We're clearly all more intellectually mature than the people you usually debate with. :thumbsup:

See above :verysmug:

It's upsetting to see the pitchfork brigade still seething.

Getting all nonsensical when Pressley says what almost EVERYONE on here has been saying. Couldn't make it up.

He didn't bring it up. He was asked a question because he is an ex cup winning club captain. It's that simple. Seriously!

The overreaction is hysterical and even funnier some think that just because some don't over react, it means they are up his arse?!

Deary me. :(

I'd rather be a fully paid up member of the 'pitchfork briagde' than worship a man who shat on the Hearts collective from a great height on more than one occasion whilst representing other clubs :thumbsup:

Archived