Mafia

Groot

Ok, it won't surprise anyone to know that I haven't a clue what's going on!! For the first time ever, I feel like there are genuine clues right in front of me and it's seriously pissing me off that I can't work out what they mean.

I am slightly confused by the whole Geoff/flux scenario. I understand why suspicion would fall on flux (although I think it would be a schoolboy error from the goons) but cannot see why Geoff is a suspect. I don't know that he is or isn't a goon (he's not playing is usual goon game IMO) but I don't see why the finger is being pointed at him - am I missing something? I Am David Obua - reckons we're facing a choice - could you clarify why please?

As for Boof's musings - as usual there is a logic there, just not sure how easy it is to follow. I did however learn that there were only two masons (!) after having to read the OP again, thanks to Boof!

Let's see what transpires today before voting!

:blink:

It was really just because Flux seemed too obvious and Geoff was next to post, and voted Flux. If only I could figure out the move to Arnold.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Geoff Kilpatrick

Ok, it won't surprise anyone to know that I haven't a clue what's going on!! For the first time ever, I feel like there are genuine clues right in front of me and it's seriously pissing me off that I can't work out what they mean.

I am slightly confused by the whole Geoff/flux scenario. I understand why suspicion would fall on flux (although I think it would be a schoolboy error from the goons) but cannot see why Geoff is a suspect. I don't know that he is or isn't a goon (he's not playing is usual goon game IMO) but I don't see why the finger is being pointed at him - am I missing something? I Am David Obua - reckons we're facing a choice - could you clarify why please?

As for Boof's musings - as usual there is a logic there, just not sure how easy it is to follow. I did however learn that there were only two masons (!) after having to read the OP again, thanks to Boof!

Let's see what transpires today before voting!

:blink:

I'm not playing my "usual" game because, as I said yesterday, I was at Rory's piano concert.

Anyway, Obua has dropped a clanger or is talking pish. Either way, it is making me lean towards Arnold's goonliness.

I'm not playing my "usual" game because, as I said yesterday, I was at Rory's piano concert.

Anyway, Obua has dropped a clanger or is talking pish. Either way, it is making me lean towards Arnold's goonliness.

I said I didn't think you were playing your usual "goon game" which is slightly different! Although you could easily be a goon. As far as Obua is concerned, judging by most of his posts, I would suggest teh pish option is more likely :teehee:

Reading between the lines, your suggestion of Arnie looks interesting if I understand the implications correctly.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I said I didn't think you were playing your usual "goon game" which is slightly different! Although you could easily be a goon. As far as Obua is concerned, judging by most of his posts, I would suggest teh pish option is more likely :teehee:

Reading between the lines, your suggestion of Arnie looks interesting if I understand the implications correctly.

Seats, I don't play a "goon game". I try to play every game as if I were a townie because it's easier that way not to make a **** up! :P

Harry Palmer

Obua isn't the only one spouting pish. :teehee:

Going after me would just mean one less townie but carry on anyway.

Vote Yvonne.

No more pissing about, I'm absolutely certain she's a goon.

My goon list now stands at;

Yvonne.

Seats.

I haven't worked out my third yet, I obviously had CB down but that turned out to be a loser :( There aren't many more clues going about, I'm not sure about Flux but not enough either way to mark him down as a goon.

yvonnejambo

Vote Yvonne.

No more pissing about, I'm absolutely certain she's a goon.

My goon list now stands at;

Yvonne.

Seats.

I haven't worked out my third yet, I obviously had CB down but that turned out to be a loser :( There aren't many more clues going about, I'm not sure about Flux but not enough either way to mark him down as a goon.

Yeah you were certain about me being a goon on day 1? How come???

I am certain I am not and that you most likely are!

Yeah you were certain about me being a goon on day 1? How come???

I am certain I am not and that you most likely are!

Because I found you suspicious from the start :thumbsup:

And I'm not even close to being a goon, this is me;

ToadMP8.png

Vote Count

Eckauskas - 2

Arnold - 1

10 to vote (Eck's vote doesn't count as it wasn't bold)

9-1/2 hours to go

:thumbsup:

Vote Yvonne.

EDIT: Had a wee read through and I can only see one vote for me :unsure:

yvonnejambo

Ok I see what you are claiming but you have bits wrong.

1- i am not a goon

2- Nowhere does it says you (if your claiming this role)does it say you would get a players identity on day 1, ie before nightime. I am flattered by the way that you think i am such a threat to you though :)

Anyway aas I said earlier i will be nowhere near a computer tonight so will just have to leave it at that. Hopefully others will see your flaws but at end of day no major deal if im lynched/killed just a bit of a waste.

yvonnejambo

this;

'One townie will secretly be a power up box (only I will know the identity) giving different powers to different roled players if they choose them during night activities, only applicable to first roled player ?'

taken from OP

Geoff Kilpatrick

So if Eck is claiming Yvonne is a goon, how does the superpower work? Does it mean he can deflect a goon target?

Anyway, unvote Arnold. It appears Yvonne isn't the cop.

vote I am David Obua - safety vote.

this;

'One townie will secretly be a power up box (only I will know the identity) giving different powers to different roled players if they choose them during night activities, only applicable to first roled player ?'

taken from OP

This might just affect my worst-case scenario option...

What if the power-up box had been used on a goon and then he was investigated the following night. That would show him as good...wouldn't it? That could be crucially important for the Cop's deliberations.

Grrrrr to Malky for introducing that extra level of uncertainty :lol:

Also (Malky-clarification needed) does the Power-Up box only get used once...or is it used nightly and only take effect when used on a roled player?

Or whenever the power-uppiness takes effect...whichever way it works, there could be false info floating amongst the Cop/masons. Be aware of that guys (and gals, if any)

Geoff Kilpatrick

OK, this is a bugger of a twist (from the OP)

One townie will secretly be a power up box (only I will know the identity) giving different powers to different roled players if they choose them during night activities, only applicable to first roled player ?

Mario ? night time protection if attacked by goons or assassin during the following night

Peach ? Option to protect two people the following night

Goons ? one of them (to be chosen by the goons that night) will show up as good if investigated the following night

So Eck has been chosen by someone, but whom?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Also, can I assume the power up has gone and Eck is simply a townie now?

ok, I know I play the clueless card a lot - but WTF are you talking about? How has Eck been associated with the power up? have i missed something else? :unsure:

jambopompey

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

1208bloodymary.jpg

cocktail1.jpg

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

hic

The super sized Toad. The picture was taller than you! :laugh:

Right, now your just getting personal :verymad:

Vote Geoff

Also, can I assume the power up has gone and Eck is simply a townie now?

I've always been a townie, though.

That picture was the first picture of Toad I came across, seeing as I'm one of them :thumbsup:

Right then. Where to now? I assume Boof has migrated his spreadsheet to a relational database :whistling:

Flux and Eck - Babbling fish or devious plotters?

Yvonne - innocent beau or goonly girl?

Geoff - lost the plot or just lost?

Boof - Boof?

Seats - is he really stumped or just playing the lost boy?

Arnold - why so quiet?

Obua - playing the game well I'd say, but roled?

These are the main players, although there are others. Rudi is in camp Yvonne for example - get one, you've got them both. But what flavour?

Harry Palmer

Right then. Where to now? I assume Boof has migrated his spreadsheet to a relational database :whistling:

Flux and Eck - Babbling fish or devious plotters?

Yvonne - innocent beau or goonly girl?

Geoff - lost the plot or just lost?

Boof - Boof?

Seats - is he really stumped or just playing the lost boy?

Arnold - why so quiet?

Obua - playing the game well I'd say, but roled?

These are the main players, although there are others. Rudi is in camp Yvonne for example - get one, you've got them both. But what flavour?

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Dunks: why so quiet?

Bev: why so quiet?

Rudi: why so quiet?

THAITB: why so quiet?

Swavkav: why so quiet?

etc etc etc etc. :thumbsup:

Anyway, think I know what yvonne is not but no idea what she is. Then again she might be what she's not but then that would mean she lied.... :unsure:

Masons

Toad ? Mario?s faithful companion

You can bluff or lie about your role, but if you come out right and say you?re doc or cop etc you will be mod killed

this is me;

ToadMP8.png

Well...since you've not been Modkilled yet, I think we can safely assume you're not Toad.

So why would you claim to be?

Still not sure what Geoff meant by the Eck-usation.

Seats...you want scenarios, huh? You really want 'em? I'll give you scenarios, buddy...just let me get my thinking cap on first.

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Dunks: why so quiet?

Bev: why so quiet?

Rudi: why so quiet?

THAITB: why so quiet?

Swavkav: why so quiet?

etc etc etc etc. :thumbsup:

Anyway, think I know what yvonne is not but no idea what she is. Then again she might be what she's not but then that would mean she lied.... :unsure:

My deepest apoligies that I have a job, & as my job entails driving vans, i find it hard to get on a pc during "office" hours, i start work at 6am & finish normal around 15:30, but as working is seen as being

quiet, I 'll hand in my notice at work, so i can be louder on here.

I'll have a read up after i have a bath, then see if any 1 has has outed them selfs in any ways.

Well...since you've not been Modkilled yet, I think we can safely assume you're not Toad.

So why would you claim to be?

Still not sure what Geoff meant by the Eck-usation.

Seats...you want scenarios, huh? You really want 'em? I'll give you scenarios, buddy...just let me get my thinking cap on first.

I should really learn to read the opening post.

What I meant was that I'm a townie, and I'm assuming the townies are the mushroom kingdon people.

To clarify the power up box if found during the night by either the Cop/Doc/Goons - only they will know they have found the power up box, the townie will be blissfully unaware

The powers they get from the box are only active for one night which is the following night's activities

IF the roled player is lynched during the next day the powers are lost and the power up box can only be found once in the game

i.e. if the doc protects them one night they get the bonus, if the goons then kill them the next night as far as they are concerned they will have killed a townie

clear?

:thumbsup:

Vote Yvonne jambo

Want to get in about that lot up the top of the list. Will keep the pish to a minimum..... for now.

bloody hell that just got confusing now. i thought i got it about the power up (being used on 1 person each night it was found) but it can only be found once??

so, the bad guy investigated could be a good guy, or not...

or the good guys can turn bad?

what??

argh my brain hurts!

arnold i'm always pretty quiet in games i'm unroled by the way way. having a crappy time at work as well so been a bit grumpy and touchy lately too so not really in the mood for a spat which usually happens if i end up in the lead for a lynch

no role + no energy = not a lot of BevChat?

so, who are we thinking is bad then? was there a hint of an ECKusation, or was geoff trying to muddy the waters for a reason?

thehibsareintheirbeds

Having a nightmare, really struggling to post via my phone and no access at work. Clicked post on my days goon list ages ago but still just loading on my phone grrr.

Anyway home now and got 5 mins on computer before putting boy to bed.

Now understand the power up box thingy, although dont think it helps us really track down a goon at this stage. Eck and yvonne- not sure who to trust but i'd guess at least one or both were goons- just too scared one may be the opposite of dodgy to vote. few folk i've not really played with before so no idea how to read them, just seem about rudi seems dodgy though.

Goon list day 3

eck/yvonne

rudi skacel

swavkav

vote rudi skacel

thehibsareintheirbeds

As Arnold says :thumbsup:

Watch out for the quiet ones.

Vote THAITBs

cant argue with the quiet accusation, was never a massive poster in older games but was definitely more involved than i am at the minute. just a combination of lack of time and struggling to find much to say!

ach i'm clueless

vote geoff for no reason other than he popped into my head

some stuff about power up box

clear?

Clear? ish, I would say.

I think it's lessened my worst-case scenario.

It would take a pretty coincidental set of circumstamces for the goons to benefit...if I'm analysing correctly.

Let's see...the goons would need to hit the P-up box townie. They would then need to choose which of them is going to benefit from it. Then the Cop would need to investigate that particular goon the following night.

So...with 10 townies surviving after the lynch we're looking at a 0.1 probability. Then choosing one goon out of the three makes it a 0.0333333. Then the cop choosing that particular goon out of whoever is left, bearing in mind he won't investigate himself...what was there...18 folk left? I used 15 so that gives a probability of 0.002222 of the power up benefiting the goons from last night's activity. I'm not going down the road of working out the stats if the cop investigated a mason/doc...or the late C Benoit...that would be too brain-frazzling. :D

So, in other words...since last night's investigation revealed 'good'...I'd be inclined to believe it if I happened to be someone who knew what it was.

And with that...I gotta go shortly. Rowing tonight with a half 8 kick-off so I'll miss any deadline shenanigans (more than likely).

I'd better lob a vote in now...

Still mammothly confused by the whole feckin lot of you!!

Vote Rudi Skacel for his quietness

You never know - I might have made some sense in all that

right kids are in bed, dinner is orderd, ave had a read through,

have about as much of an idea as to who's who, for me its like playing a game of guess who, (total random questioning )

Arnold do you have a beard?,. Bev, what do you do in the scullery? who owns the candle stick? why am I asking stupid questions?

any way cos he voted for me with no reason, on day 1 vote flux

have about as much of an idea as to who's who, for me its like playing a game of guess who, (total random questioning )

Arnold do you have a beard?,. Bev, what do you do in the scullery? who owns the candle stick? why am I asking stupid questions?

its not "guess who" why i put that there only my mushie seller knows, but for the life of me i couldn't remember the game Cludo.

for me its like playing a game of guess who, (total random questioning )

Still fits thumbsup.gif

guess_who_1.jpg

Geoff Kilpatrick

Interesting pile on by Bev and how the proverbial am I muddying the waters?

on day 1?

I may now change grrrrr

Interesting pile on by Bev and how the proverbial am I muddying the waters?

solitary vote isn't exactly a pile on geoff

Archived