Zaliukas dropped by Vlad..JJ not happy

Lorz

shaun.lawson

Why wasn't Jefferies sacked when he spoke about the above noted players then?

Because in the above cases, all his comments would've been appreciated by Vlad - because JJ agreed with the club's stance. Publicly agreeing with your employer is not a sacking offence, even in Vlad's bonkers world.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your memory is flawed. It has been discussed by pretty much every manager since Romanov's arrival. I can only assume that you fail to recollect the comments made by Jefferies little more than a few weeks ago about Kello, Jefferies comments about Zaliukas prior to him signing his new contract, Jefferies comments about Goncalves.... should I go on?

JJ said Kello and Jose were injured.

you shouldn't go on because your talking tripe.

If JJ came out and told the reasons he had to exclude the players he has no doubt about it there would be people slating him for revealing it to the public.

Why does he do this? Why don't they just be honest with us and tell us why they are dropped? It wont change stuff at all.

PS Hearts are our club not Romanovs, he's the custodian. I support my team and club not Romanov although I'm extremely grateful.

bighusref

All of which means we've reached a stalemate:

Your position, of not accepting anything without 100% confirmation, is perfectly fair enough;

My position, that you'll never get 100% confirmation on a story like this, is also fair enough.

Incidentally, to answer one of your questions above: I am saying that Murray is potentially more reliable than JJ, in certain circumstances. That is to say, circumstances which, were they revealed by Jim, would compromise his team and his job.

I'll assume your statement about the contract was little more than shitey guesswork then.thumbsup.gif

Your position earlier on was that Ewan Murray was confirmation. My position is that something in the paper may or may not be true.

I'll ignore your astonishing remark at the bottom, I can't be bothered getting involved in a situation where a journalist has greater credibility than one of the finest managers our club has had.

portobellojambo1

At least it explains why Wallace and Webster were missing!!

I think Lee and Andy were always likely to be missing. It was more a hope JJ had that they'd maybe make it for today, and he gave them as long as possible, but had to concede defeat late on.

shaun.lawson

I'll assume your statement about the contract was little more than shitey guesswork then.thumbsup.gif

Your position earlier on was that Ewan Murray was confirmation. My position is that something in the paper may or may not be true.

I'll ignore your astonishing remark at the bottom, I can't be bothered getting involved in a situation where a journalist has greater credibility than one of the finest managers our club has had.

That your position displays zero awareness of the pressures any manager of this club is under and zero awareness of the requirements of any manager of any club - namely, don't wash your dirty linen in public - is unbelievably naive. Even more so given the nature of our owner.

I'm not aware if any of the media conference after the game has been made public yet but I was at it and interviewed JJ and he was angry a very frustrated. He said (paraphrasing) that all week he'd been working on a back four that featured Wallace, Webster and Zal.

After yesterday's training session Wallace and Webster suffered setback and he had to change his plan and that still included Zal.

The decision for Zal not to be played was made this morning before getting on the team bus.

He refused to explian why he'd been dropped but his answer and angry response suggested he wasn't happy. When asked if Zal will be available for Wednesday he said 'I don't know'.

That's the jist of the media conference but all quotes will be in the papers in the morning.

Wallace was asked if he felt up for playing centre half and said No.

He felt he wasn't 100% ready.

Jambothroughandthrough

Wallace was asked if he felt up for playing centre half and said No.

He felt he wasn't 100% ready.

Just passing on what JJ said in the media conference after the game mate. He didn't make any reference to that. It was more that Wallace had suffered a wee setback in training and couldn't play.

If he wasn't 100% up for playing CB why wasn't he on the bench to get some football later in the game?

bighusref

Because he didn't tell us anything.

Edit:

Not sure what you mean by the second line?

FWIW I think the interference is bogging JJ down big time, but being as big a Hearts fan as he so obviously is, he is trying to work through this as he probably doesn't want to think of what would happen should he resign/be sacked.

Didn't he? Didn't he tell us there was a personal issue that was unresolved and he was unavailable for selection until it was resolved? I must have dreamt that. As for my second line, I felt it was pretty clear.

Because in the above cases, all his comments would've been appreciated by Vlad - because JJ agreed with the club's stance. Publicly agreeing with your employer is not a sacking offence, even in Vlad's bonkers world.

Or, could it be because they were true? I still await confirmation of the intricacies of Jefferies' contract that you are so aware of.

JJ said Kello and Jose were injured.

you shouldn't go on because your talking tripe.

If JJ came out and told the reasons he had to exclude the players he has no doubt about it there would be people slating him for revealing it to the public.

Why does he do this? Why don't they just be honest with us and tell us why they are dropped? It wont change stuff at all.

PS Hearts are our club not Romanovs, he's the custodian. I support my team and club not Romanov although I'm extremely grateful.

Jefferies said Kello was injured initially, but (IMO) clarified why he did that when revealing a "personal issue" as rumours started in the papers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13158313.stm

Jefferies felt that Goncalves would not give his best in a Hearts jersey after confirming his departure, he took the view to work with players he could rely on. This was confirmed by Jefferies in the press.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8506320.stm

So, not tripe really.thumbsup.gif

shaun.lawson

Jefferies said Kello was injured initially, but (IMO) clarified why he did that when revealing a "personal issue" as rumours started in the papers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13158313.stm

Which is proof that JJ has already lied in order to protect one of his players.

To quote something my little sister said to me earlier:

HELLO...

Seymour M Hersh

VR is an utter breast of a man.

There is nothing so important that could not have waited until tomorrow leaving Zal to play.

I really hope and pray JJ doesn't chuck in the towel.

Really?

We'll never challenge the uglies under JJ. this is the most rubbish uglies since the 80''s.

******* perfect.

Seymour M Hersh

Good shout. And take the ground and the 30 mill debt with him.

The voice of reason from an old drylaw smokie!! :thumbsup:

Just passing on what JJ said in the media conference after the game mate. He didn't make any reference to that. It was more that Wallace had suffered a wee setback in training and couldn't play.

If he wasn't 100% up for playing CB why wasn't he on the bench to get some football later in the game?

Not disputing you - just pointing out the reason Lee didn't play as he wasn't feeling 100% - espically when when being asked to play CH. Webster was the same.

bighusref

Which is proof that JJ has already lied in order to protect one of his players.

To quote something my little sister said to me earlier:

HELLO...

:laugh:

Oh Shaun, you really aren't that stupid, I know you aren't.

Jefferies played down the absence of a player due to "personal issues", the rumour mill starts and it is suggested that there is bad juju about. Jefferies then clarifies the situation. I fully believe that Jefferies didn't want to out the "personal issue" line, but his hand was forced by the press. I don't need to be privy to everything that goes on within the club, I can accept that from time to time, it serves Jefferies to hold something back, however, I fully trust in Jefferies. Do I think that Jefferies will have Romanov remove players from selection then lie about it? No. Seems I hold Jefferies in higher regard than you.

He may do the old "no comment" line.

He may say "I was told I couldn't select him".

He may say "We chose not to select him".

He may say "Now that I am in full possession of the facts, I back the decision".

What I cannot believe is that he will come out and say "Oh, he was injured, he felt a twinge getting on the team bus" for that not to be true. If you accept that Jefferies has commented on the absence of players, you must surely accept he will do it again. I for one think that his response to the question, which will be asked (and if we believe Ewan Cameron it has been) will be telling.

Don't worry Shaun, I may get all upset if it goes tits up, I'm just biding my time.

The Merse

Really?

We'll never challenge the uglies under JJ. this is the most rubbish uglies since the 80''s.

******* perfect.

Who the **** are we going to bring in who will?

:facepalm:

The Old Firm are likely to both hit tthe 90 point mark again this season, as bad as you say they are that is still an incredible points haul.

Considering the best we've achieved in recent memory is 72.

The Merse

:laugh:

Oh Shaun, you really aren't that stupid, I know you aren't.

Jefferies played down the absence of a player due to "personal issues", the rumour mill starts and it is suggested that there is bad juju about. Jefferies then clarifies the situation. I fully believe that Jefferies didn't want to out the "personal issue" line, but his hand was forced by the press. I don't need to be privy to everything that goes on within the club, I can accept that from time to time, it serves Jefferies to hold something back, however, I fully trust in Jefferies. Do I think that Jefferies will have Romanov remove players from selection then lie about it? No. Seems I hold Jefferies in higher regard than you.

He may do the old "no comment" line.

He may say "I was told I couldn't select him".

He may say "We chose not to select him".

He may say "Now that I am in full possession of the facts, I back the decision".

What I cannot believe is that he will come out and say "Oh, he was injured, he felt a twinge getting on the team bus" for that not to be true. If you accept that Jefferies has commented on the absence of players, you must surely accept he will do it again. I for one think that his response to the question, which will be asked (and if we believe Ewan Cameron it has been) will be telling.

Don't worry Shaun, I may get all upset if it goes tits up, I'm just biding my time.

We all have plenty of respect for JJ.

He has a fine juggling act for playing along with Vlad and not undermining himself to the players and fans.

He would never lie for the wrong reasons, I do think that he may try to cover things up for the good of the team and to keep himself in a job.

bighusref

We all have plenty of respect for JJ.

He has a fine juggling act for playing along with Vlad and not undermining himself to the players and fans.

He would never lie for the wrong reasons, I do think that he may try to cover things up for the good of the team and to keep himself in a job.

When you say "cover up", do you mean for him to answer the question, which I reiterate will definitely be asked, by saying something like "he wasn't fit" or "It was my decision" despite either being completely wrong? I don't think he would do either.

My humble opinion is that one of two things will happen, the rumours are true and we are back in 2008. OR, it comes out that there was an understandable reason for his absence and this was all a storm in a teacup. Jefferies' answer to the question will clarify this.

Time will tell.

Seymour M Hersh

Who the **** are we going to bring in who will?

:facepalm:

The Old Firm are likely to both hit tthe 90 point mark again this season, as bad as you say they are that is still an incredible points haul.

Considering the best we've achieved in recent memory is 72.

Do you think JJ kept the pressure on as best he could after January? As for who we'd bring in I've no idea. I'm just sick that JJ reverted to type so quickly in his 2nd term as manager.

You do remember the post 98 years don't you?

Happy Hearts

Guardian

Anyone looking on from Celtic Park could not reasonably accuse Hearts of lacking commitment. Rather, the Edinburgh team's cause was crucially undermined before a ball was kicked. A glance at the Hearts team would show five players out of their natural positions. Three centre-backs and a left-back were the most significant absentees.

Interference from the Hearts owner, Vladimir Romanov, rather than the decisions of the manager, Jim Jefferies, counted. A furious Jefferies was forced to inform Marian Kello, the first-choice goalkeeper and arguably their best performer of the season, and his captain, Marius Zaliukas, that they would not be involved against Rangers.

That message was relayed on this morning before the team coach departed for Ibrox, after instruction arrived from Romanov in Lithuania. No reasoning was given to either player; Kello has been at odds with Romanov recently while Zaliukas was heavily criticised by the owner after a 4-0 loss to Celtic in January. Romanov is due in Edinburgh next week to sign off the latest accounts. A meeting with Jefferies during that trip will be crucial; the manager is known to be frustrated at meddling from above.

Kello's deputy, Jamie MacDonald, seemed at fault for three of the goals. Albeit the visiting defence were lax in allowing Nikica Jelavic to evade their weak offside trap for the first, the Croatian's angled shot should not really have squirmed through the keeper.

shaun.lawson

Really?

We'll never challenge the uglies under VR. this is the most rubbish uglies since the 80''s.

******* perfect.

Fixed. :thumbsup:

I see there has been lots of debate since I last looked at this thread.

It hasn't changed my mind at all though.

Vlad has interfered in the past under JJ (with Goncalves and Zaliukas) and we moved on and became more successful so I'm not going to hit the panic button just yet.

Others have initimated that they know what is going on with Kello and that it is nothing to really worry about.

Just like hus, when the time comes to get angry I will get angry.

This isn't the time imo.

shaun.lawson

Stick to Noarwich snoreson.

I wish it was me who was being boring here - let's face it, I usually am. But your apparent belief that, if only we got someone else in, a club with no league titles in over half a century, only two trophies since 1962, a capacity of 17000, which is cutting costs and has a mentalist for an owner could miraculously tear down two massive behemoths marks you out as delusional.

I know you were there in 1986. I know how much it hurt. But it's left you unable to be happy in any circumstances which don't involve us doing the impossible and winning the league. More than that, our owner - who you've defended endlessly over the last six years, even on the many occasions he was doing the indefensible - has himself stated several times that his priority isn't winning trophies, but selling players.

And what do you do? Blame the manager! You couldn't make it up.

Hmm....

How exactly does he 'go'?

If he were simply to walk away, we would go out of business - it is Vlad's money keeping us afloat. I have to say, that mad as the Lithuanian one is, I don't favour that particular outcome.

So, the alternative is for someone to buy the club from Vlad. Excellent. Which of the long list of potential buyers queueing up should we choose? There's... er..... oh wait, there's...... and..... er....

Therefore while I'm sure many of us would love to see the club in the hands of someone a bit less eccentric, its hard to see why (and how) he "must go" in the current circumstances.

Care to explain...?

That is exactly how Vlad wants it to be so that it is almost impossible for anyone else to come in and takeover the club with such a massive debt it would never make viable business sense.

He will never let us the fans forget that he is in control and when things start looking too good from his point of view he has to put a spanner in the works.

Then he will give us something back like a new player or promise of a new stand etc etc, does it sound familiar.

Those of you who have posted on here for some time will remember the guy who was a pshychiatrist and posted a totally accurate account of how Vlad's mind works and predicted a number of things that he would do and was correct.

I suppose it is something that we can do little about unless we can find some Billionaire who is mad enough to want to buy an SPL club, oh sorry I forgot we already have one well a Millionare at least.

shaun.lawson

That is exactly how Vlad wants it to be so that it is almost impossible for anyone else to come in and takeover the club with such a massive debt it would never make viable business sense.

He will never let us the fans forget that he is in control and when things start looking too good from his point of view he has to put a spanner in the works.

Then he will give us something back like a new player or promise of a new stand etc etc, does it sound familiar.

Those of you who have posted on here for some time will remember the guy who was a pshychiatrist and posted a totally accurate account of how Vlad's mind works and predicted a number of things that he would do and was correct.

I suppose it is something that we can do little about unless we can find some Billionaire who is mad enough to want to buy an SPL club, oh sorry I forgot we already have one well a Millionare at least.

Actually, he was completely wrong with pretty much everything. Thread was still good fun, though. :thumbsup:

Vlad is the ultimate case of narcissistic personality disorder. When the spotlight isn't on him, he gets upset. When someone else is getting the credit, he gets angry. Above all, he needs love, adulation - and uses his control over the club, and us, to get it.

The Merse

Actually, he was completely wrong with pretty much everything. Thread was still good fun, though. :thumbsup:

Vlad is the ultimate case of narcissistic personality disorder. When the spotlight isn't on him, he gets upset. When someone else is getting the credit, he gets angry. Above all, he needs love, adulation - and uses his control over the club, and us, to get it.

Which is ironic considering he'd be loved and adulated if he kept his fecking nose out of things and just kept us ticking over financially.

I take it you will be correct then?

Seymour M Hersh

I wish it was me who was being boring here - let's face it, I usually am. But your apparent belief that, if only we got someone else in, a club with no league titles in over half a century, only two trophies since 1962, a capacity of 17000, which is cutting costs and has a mentalist for an owner could miraculously tear down two massive behemoths marks you out as delusional.

I know you were there in 1986. I know how much it hurt. But it's left you unable to be happy in any circumstances which don't involve us doing the impossible and winning the league. More than that, our owner - who you've defended endlessly over the last six years, even on the many occasions he was doing the indefensible - has himself stated several times that his priority isn't winning trophies, but selling players.

And what do you do? Blame the manager! You couldn't make it up.

I could go through this post like a dose of salts.

But to save time I'll just say what a load of shite you write.

We need to stop kidding ourselves. Hope that maybe, just maybe there is an alternative to the mad one. Unavailable, indeed.

shaun.lawson

I could go through this post like a dose of salts.

But to save time I'll just say what a load of shite you write.

Immediate sign you've lost the argument I'm afraid. :thumbsup:

I mean, seriously - "wah wah, JJ will never win us the league!" And for your next statement of the bleedin' obvious? :rolleyes:

Seymour M Hersh

We need to stop kidding ourselves. Hope that maybe, just maybe there is an alternative to the mad one. Unavailable, indeed.

Maybe your pal wee eck might step up to the plate.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Oh God, here we go again...and I've bloody renewed for next season anyway!!!

Seymour M Hersh

Immediate sign you've lost the argument I'm afraid. :thumbsup:

I mean, seriously - "wah wah, JJ will never win us the league!" And for your next statement of the bleedin' obvious? :rolleyes:

Lost the argument? Jesus wept.

Do you really think JJ has done a good job since January? Third place should have been confirmed ages ago. He's been on the beach for weeks and that attitude has spread through the squad. Of course you're never up here to see that. It's all virtual for you eh?

Yet again he has refused to bring in young players, relying on tried and failed "experienced" journeymen. As per usual he has bottled going to the weej. And for clarity I've have never suggested we should be winning or at least drawing every game there.

However I am demanding we get "stuck in" to them everytime we go there. In all JJs time at Hearts that has not happened. And it was exactly the same at Kilmarnock.

shaun.lawson

Lost the argument? Jesus wept.

Do you really think JJ has done a good job since January?

Yet again he has refused to bring in young players, relying on tried and failed "experienced" journeymen. As per usual he has bottled going to the weej. And for clarity I've have never suggested we should be winning or at least drawing every game there.

However I am demanding we get "stuck in" to them everytime we go there. In all JJs time at Hearts that has not happened. And it was exactly the same at Kilmarnock.

We got stuck in today. I know; I saw the game. But we had bloody no chance of getting anything out of it with so many players out, officials doing their usual at Ibrox, and goodness knows what going on behind the scenes.

Have we done well since January? No. Have we done well over the whole season? As long as we finish 3rd, yes. JJ inherited a side going nowhere, which finished 6th; he turned it into one which raced clear in 3rd. Then we lost twice in Glasgow, as was always likely; Kyle got injured; other players lost motivation, form and fitness (a number of them basically hit the wall); and certain things seem to have started happening again off the pitch.

You want him to bring in young players - which he has, up to a point. But how can you simultaneously demand that, and expect us to give as good as we get against the uglies and even threaten for the title? Any good side at any level is a blend of youth and experience - and given the amount of Laszlo's players who are still here, this is barely even JJ's squad yet. That we've achieved what he have this season is to his credit: it's not his fault if expectations got way out of kilter with reality given where we were in January.

Seymour M Hersh

We got stuck in today. I know; I saw the game. But we had bloody no chance of getting anything out of it with so many players out, officials doing their usual at Ibrox, and goodness knows what going on behind the scenes.

Have we done well since January? No. Have we done well over the whole season? As long as we finish 3rd, yes. JJ inherited a side going nowhere, which finished 6th; he turned it into one which raced clear in 3rd. Then we lost twice in Glasgow, as was always likely; Kyle got injured; other players lost motivation, form and fitness (a number of them basically hit the wall); and certain things seem to have started happening again off the pitch.

You want him to bring in young players - which he has, up to a point. But how can you simultaneously demand that, and expect us to give as good as we get against the uglies and even threaten for the title? Any good side at any level is a blend of youth and experience - and given the amount of Laszlo's players who are still here, this is barely even JJ's squad yet. That we've achieved what he have this season is to his credit: it's not his fault if expectations got way out of kilter with reality given where we were in January.

Because the manager gave up.

I'll give you the Kyle being a huge loss as a player and a leader on the park.

Also surely Vlad should be acclaimed during or terrific run, no? After all he interferes all the time.

Tell me who he has brought in. Young players who had never played in the first team. Who?

shaun.lawson

Because the manager gave up.

I'll give you the Kyle being a huge loss as a player and a leader on the park.

Also surely Vlad should be acclaimed during or terrific run, no? After all he interferes all the time.

Tell me who he has brought in. Young players who had never played in the first team. Who?

I don't regard the continued development of David Templeton or Craig Thomson as a sign that JJ is anti-yoof, Seymour. Ryan McGowan did noticeably well in very trying circumstances earlier too. I'd like JJ to pick Scott Robinson more; and I'm especially excited to see how Denis Prychynenko develops: that he's not had a first team chance so far is a shame. But by the same token, I trust JJ's judgement: you can't throw youngsters in before they're ready, and he's far more adept at assessing their readiness than any of us.

Should VR be acclaimed for butting out, appointing a proper manager, giving him a decent budget, bringing in some very good players himself and finally allowing the club to be run halfway sensibly? Yes, definitely. He's acclaimed on here all the time, including by myself on a number of occasions.

But here's the thing: genuinely good owners (Exhibit A: those of the English club you follow before circa 1990) stay behind the scenes, make good decisions and allow the team and manager to take the credit. That's just how it tends to work in football. To put it another way: together with Leslie Deans, Chris Robinson bought the club when it was in a heck of a mess, rebuilt much of the stadium, and was at the helm when we won our first trophy in 36 years. But I can't remember him getting much acclaim for that at the time; nor should he have. The acclaim went to Jim Jefferies and the players, and rightly so.

Seymour M Hersh

I don't regard the continued development of David Templeton or Craig Thomson as a sign that JJ is anti-yoof, Seymour. Ryan McGowan did noticeably well in very trying circumstances earlier too. I'd like JJ to pick Scott Robinson more; and I'm especially excited to see how Denis Prychynenko develops: that he's not had a first team chance so far is a shame. But by the same token, I trust JJ's judgement: you can't throw youngsters in before they're ready, and he's far more adept at assessing their readiness than any of us.

Should VR be acclaimed for butting out, appointing a proper manager, giving him a decent budget, bringing in some very good players himself and finally allowing the club to be run halfway sensibly? Yes, definitely. He's acclaimed on here all the time, including by myself on a number of occasions.

But here's the thing: genuinely good owners (Exhibit A: those of the English club you follow before circa 1990) stay behind the scenes, make good decisions and allow the team and manager to take the credit. That's just how it tends to work in football. To put it another way: together with Leslie Deans, Chris Robinson bought the club when it was in a heck of a mess, rebuilt much of the stadium, and was at the helm when we won our first trophy in 36 years. But I can't remember him getting much acclaim for that at the time; nor should he have. The acclaim went to Jim Jefferies and the players, and rightly so.

I'm now bored. I'll need to debate this face to face as you clearly type about 10 times faster than me. Night night. :thumbsup:

Francis Albert

Well in fact he did. After the 1998 cup win, the decent league campaign that season, and the SMG deal (in itself a very good deal at the time, despite later mismanagement) ) there was lots of guff in the Scottish press about Hearts building on success and developing an ongoing challenge to the Old Firm.

polwarthjambo

vladimir romanov is a lunatic, anyone who disputes this fact is delusional. whether jj is the best man to take hearts forward to challenge the old firm - i'm not sure, but whoever is given the task after jj walks will have one hand tied behind his back like every manager before him under vr. imo jj steadied the ship and seemed to unite the dressing room after the turbulence of csaba. the period of time where he was left to his own devices was certain to come to an end sooner or later- now appears to be that time.

Francis Albert

vladimir romanov is a lunatic, anyone who disputes this fact is delusional. whether jj is the best man to take hearts forward to challenge the old firm - i'm not sure, but whoever is given the task after jj walks will have one hand tied behind his back like every manager before him under vr. imo jj steadied the ship and seemed to unite the dressing room after the turbulence of csaba. the period of time where he was left to his own devices was certain to come to an end sooner or later- now appears to be that time.

We know. How many sane people were or are willing to buy Hearts? Anyone who believes there are such people out there are delusional.

Geoff Kilpatrick

We know. How many sane people were or are willing to buy Hearts? Anyone who believes there are such people out there are delusional.

And that's it in a nutshell.

There is a simple inequality to show this rule. Vlad > JJ, no matter what you think about that.

polwarthjambo

And that's it in a nutshell.

There is a simple inequality to show this rule. Vlad > JJ, no matter what you think about that.

true. by extension then: vlad > any hearts manager/player/fan/kickbacker

JJ has no more influence over the dressing room than Shaba.......................VR rules that particular roost :sweat:

Archived