JKB motorbike thread

wibble

15 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Had one of these in my youth. Bloody beautiful bike. Broke my heart when she had to go

15048CA6-AE0B-4A0D-A759-86C63367D99A.jpeg

Really really tasty. 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• muldoon74

• Doctor FinnBarr

• jb102

• graygo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anybody got any good/bad Moto Guzzi experiences?

Quite fancy a V9 Roamer or Bobber when the  car's paid for.

My dream bike right now is a Ducati 1199 Panigale or BMW S1000 RR . Beautiful bikes that I’d probaby wrap myself round a tree on ! But one can dream 

3 hours ago, auldy19 said:

My dream bike right now is a Ducati 1199 Panigale or BMW S1000 RR . Beautiful bikes that I’d probaby wrap myself round a tree on ! But one can dream 

This is why in my 20's I let circumstances dictate not getting a bike., I  was a reckless twat and would have killed myself..

Far more sensible now but still want the freedom and joy of riding a bike... 

Still dreaming.....

10 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

This is why in my 20's I let circumstances dictate not getting a bike., I  was a reckless twat and would have killed myself..

Far more sensible now but still want the freedom and joy of riding a bike... 

Still dreaming.....

Same mate ! I’m 33 now and only been riding a year .  

When I was around 26 I was ready get it all sorted and my Mrs announced she’s pregnant so I binned it for a while . 

16 minutes ago, auldy19 said:

Same mate ! I’m 33 now and only been riding a year .  

When I was around 26 I was ready get it all sorted and my Mrs announced she’s pregnant so I binned it for a while . 

Had money for DAS 3x... Car trouble and family circs required use of said monies everytime. 

Bought a helmet and jacket from Hein Gerrick 15 years ago.. Never used. ??

18 hours ago, Morgan said:

31D76E45-7BCC-4E6D-BEEB-771D7F003210.jpeg

9113E039-3A5E-4D74-8111-5D7E50A35DC9.jpeg

Is that yours Morgan?

Engine like a power station turbine hall. !!

2 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

Had money for DAS 3x... Car trouble and family circs required use of said monies everytime. 

Bought a helmet and jacket from Hein Gerrick 15 years ago.. Never used. ??

Theres always time to get the use from them . I’d maybe buy a new lid but the jacket should be good to go 

17 hours ago, Boof said:

Anybody got any good/bad Moto Guzzi experiences?

Quite fancy a V9 Roamer or Bobber when the  car's paid for.

Hi Boof. 

I worked for an Edinburgh outfit that had Guzzi and Laverda back in the 90’s.Guzzi’s then were ****ing appalling. 60’s tech coupled with shite materials and poor workmanship. Not to mention the fact they were not cool and about as popular as a broken leg. 

However, now that they are no longer in and out of liquidation and have an element of modernisation whilst retaining some heritage Ifind myself agreeing with you and want one. 

I sold a bike to a laddie from up your way.  He stopped by leith with his trawler and lifted it on with the deck crane. I kid you not. 

8 minutes ago, auldy19 said:

Theres always time to get the use from them . I’d maybe buy a new lid but the jacket should be good to go 

Bike jackets shrink in the wardrobe the same as kilts. 

1 minute ago, jb102 said:

Bike jackets shrink in the wardrobe the same as kilts. 

My suits keep doing that !! Or maybe it’s me ! 

50 minutes ago, jb102 said:

Is that yours Morgan?

Engine like a power station turbine hall. !!

Unfortunately not!

I’m not a big motorbike fan but do like a nice one when I see it. We saw this beauty whilst out for our run yesterday morning and I thought I would take a couple (four actually) of snaps and post them on this thread.

it is good isn’t it? :thumbsup:

really want to go for my cbt and get a 125, Honda shadow or similar. but the fear of killing myself is stopping me tbh, 

so until i grow a set ill just daydream of cruising around like a bad ass :coolgleamA:

2 hours ago, ando1504 said:

Last bike was this.

06-05-09_1649.jpg

Nice one. I had a 750 turbo. 

39 minutes ago, jb102 said:

Nice one. I had a 750 turbo. 

There can't be many of these still running around.

750 Turbo.jpg

6 minutes ago, ando1504 said:

There can't be many of these still running around.

750 Turbo.jpg

I wish I had kept everything. 

4 minutes ago, jb102 said:

I wish I had kept everything. 

You and me both. The one I miss most though was one of these, (although mine was a 350 motor in a 250 bike)

RD_350_LC_81-82_2.jpg

Dagger Is Back
On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 15:51, jb102 said:

Really really tasty. 

Cheers mate

I should have sold my kidney to keep her

11 hours ago, auldy19 said:

Lids still boxed.. I'd probably want to change it now anyway for a more modern one but I still like the design.. HJC Dennis the Menace, fog city mask bit, acu gold etc.. Jacket will be getting used when I get a bike. And lose weight. Wife says no weight loss no bike. End of. 

2 hours ago, ando1504 said:

You and me both. The one I miss most though was one of these, (although mine was a 350 motor in a 250 bike)

RD_350_LC_81-82_2.jpg

I'd love one of these. Proper hooligan hooner .. Even reasonable examples rare as rocking horse shit now. 

Tbh I'd be quite happy with one of the new (last 2/3years) Honda 500 series (cbr, cb, cbx).. 

My brother says I can borrow his dr400 when I pass my test.. Its spare because he has 5 bikes now.. Dr400, k reg zxr750 (90s plastic fantastic white green and purple number), tl1000 he bought to fix up and sell on, Yamaha 750 based cafe racer project and his daily rider a ktm 990 supermoto. 

2 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

Lids still boxed.. I'd probably want to change it now anyway for a more modern one but I still like the design.. HJC Dennis the Menace, fog city mask bit, acu gold etc.. Jacket will be getting used when I get a bike. And lose weight. Wife says no weight loss no bike. End of. 

Sounds like a tough trade off but if it gets you the bike then hit the gym ! 

Id defo get a new lid .  Chances are that despite it being boxed the glue on the inside will have deteriorated so the inner shell may be detached . 

Ive got an iron man helmet with gold iridium visor, looks quality  . I take a ribbing  for it but my little boy thinks it’s the coolest thing on the planet so that’s what counts . 

14 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

I'd love one of these. Proper hooligan hooner .. Even reasonable examples rare as rocking horse shit now. 

Tbh I'd be quite happy with one of the new (last 2/3years) Honda 500 series (cbr, cb, cbx).. 

My brother says I can borrow his dr400 when I pass my test.. Its spare because he has 5 bikes now.. Dr400, k reg zxr750 (90s plastic fantastic white green and purple number), tl1000 he bought to fix up and sell on, Yamaha 750 based cafe racer project and his daily rider a ktm 990 supermoto. 

Yeah, the LC was an absolute scream, especially as there were 5 of us with them at the time.

Priced way out of my reach now. This is as close as I'll get these days.:laugh: 

tamiyarz.jpg

On 27/05/2018 at 02:56, auldy19 said:

Sounds like a tough trade off but if it gets you the bike then hit the gym ! 

Id defo get a new lid .  Chances are that despite it being boxed the glue on the inside will have deteriorated so the inner shell may be detached . 

Ive got an iron man helmet with gold iridium visor, looks quality  . I take a ribbing  for it but my little boy thinks it’s the coolest thing on the planet so that’s what counts . 

I will be getting a new lid if I get my license. Like u say may appear perfect on outside but glue etc may have perished. 

Don't feel bad about having an iron man lid.. I saw a stormtroopers one the other day that was smart as f@@%.. I've actually seen a Barry Sheene replica on Internet that was beautiful and just under £200. Acu gold standard etc aswell... 

On 27/05/2018 at 15:14, ando1504 said:

Yeah, the LC was an absolute scream, especially as there were 5 of us with them at the time.

Priced way out of my reach now. This is as close as I'll get these days.:laugh: 

tamiyarz.jpg

Serendipity perhaps? 

Screenshot_20180528-172743_Samsung Internet.jpg

46 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

Serendipity perhaps? 

Screenshot_20180528-172743_Samsung Internet.jpg

When I sold mine the price was similar to the buy-it-now on that one. Similar, but minus one of the zeros?

Doctor FinnBarr
3 hours ago, ando1504 said:

When I sold mine the price was similar to the buy-it-now on that one. Similar, but minus one of the zeros?

Which zero?

7 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

I will be getting a new lid if I get my license. Like u say may appear perfect on outside but glue etc may have perished. 

Don't feel bad about having an iron man lid.. I saw a stormtroopers one the other day that was smart as f@@%.. I've actually seen a Barry Sheene replica on Internet that was beautiful and just under £200. Acu gold standard etc aswell... 

Ive also seen a boba fett helmet and you can also get full predator mask helmets with the dreads and everything. 

I went to the shop on Saturday and as I took my lid off a guy pulls up on a little 125 Yamaha . His helmet was bright red fur with dog ears . I was pissing myself . The boy clearly did t care so that’s all that matters. 

56 minutes ago, auldy19 said:

Ive also seen a boba fett helmet and you can also get full predator mask helmets with the dreads and everything. 

I went to the shop on Saturday and as I took my lid off a guy pulls up on a little 125 Yamaha . His helmet was bright red fur with dog ears . I was pissing myself . The boy clearly did t care so that’s all that matters. 

That's one of the things I love about biking.

I've seen tiger helmets with ears and tails, Dalmatian dog styling of ears and tails.. it's brilliant nowadays.

Not a helmet but I used to regularly see a guy on a scooter when I went to Stevenson college years ago with a haversack on his back that had a knitted Yoda as the lid of the bag,.. looked like he was giving Yoda a wee lift.. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had a meeting in Newcastle yesterday and took my bike so I could park and make a quick getaway.

I must be getting old because I found the whole homeward journey noisy and cold.

One thing I rediscovered is that if you slipstream an articulated lorry it's noticeably warmer.

On 5/26/2018 at 22:00, ando1504 said:

RD_350_LC_81-82_2.jpg

They're selling one of these at Saltire

Seymour M Hersh
On 23/05/2018 at 20:49, The White Cockade said:

Bike rally at the TT Grandstand on the Isle of Man a few years ago

I really want one of these but not unless I win the lottery!!

Image may contain: motorcycle, shoes and outdoor

How about this instead?

MainImage.jpeg

Space Mackerel
8 hours ago, jb102 said:

I had a meeting in Newcastle yesterday and took my bike so I could park and make a quick getaway.

I must be getting old because I found the whole homeward journey noisy and cold.

One thing I rediscovered is that if you slipstream an articulated lorry it's noticeably warmer.

Never use earplugs? Makes one hell of a difference, I never use to but have done the last few years.

Also, get a windcheater over your leathers or jacket, that helps a lot too.

The White Cockade
27 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

How about this instead?

MainImage.jpeg

looks decent!

Doctor FinnBarr
3 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Never use earplugs? Makes one hell of a difference, I never use to but have done the last few years.

Also, get a windcheater over your leathers or jacket, that helps a lot too.

Nope, I like to hear what my engines are doing and all I ever heard was my heart beating in my head. Also found that I either whispered or shouted at petrol station attendants.

Fitzroy Pointon

Checked everywhere for an answer to this and cant find one that is useful.  

I bought my scooter last week (second hand).  It's running fine and had no problems (so far).  I checked the oil yesterday and it's running pretty low.  I am going to halfords after work after discovering 10W/40 is the best oil to use.  However, would anyone recommend just changing the oil or would I be able to top it up?  I'm not very mechanical and still getting used to all these things.  

It's a chinese four-stroke in case that makes a difference to anyone.  

Okay. I know it’s not a real motorbike. I’ve got them as well. But I live in Malaysia and just wanted a wee runaround to play on and get me around the development I live in. Love it. And yes I’ve taken the box off. 

9398CFD8-8CDF-4F85-99E5-2911EBBA7654.jpeg

D52281CF-8BAD-4ABB-A8FD-57A343F62BDA.jpeg

Snapped this in rural Philippines this week also. I counted 9 (plus a dog) on a 90cc Honda. 

36B95066-F164-421E-B5E3-C1A45F28EEFE.jpeg

1 hour ago, Salad Fingers said:

Checked everywhere for an answer to this and cant find one that is useful.  

I bought my scooter last week (second hand).  It's running fine and had no problems (so far).  I checked the oil yesterday and it's running pretty low.  I am going to halfords after work after discovering 10W/40 is the best oil to use.  However, would anyone recommend just changing the oil or would I be able to top it up?  I'm not very mechanical and still getting used to all these things.  

It's a chinese four-stroke in case that makes a difference to anyone.  

Change it. If you dont know the exact history. Best to be safe. Single cylinder bikes tend to use oil if they get their necks rung. 

Fitzroy Pointon
24 minutes ago, alyp said:

Okay. I know it’s not a real motorbike. I’ve got them as well. But I live in Malaysia and just wanted a wee runaround to play on and get me around the development I live in. Love it. And yes I’ve taken the box off. 

9398CFD8-8CDF-4F85-99E5-2911EBBA7654.jpeg

D52281CF-8BAD-4ABB-A8FD-57A343F62BDA.jpeg

Nice.  I like Scomadi's and the old Lambretta shape.  

Fitzroy Pointon
9 minutes ago, jb102 said:

Change it. If you dont know the exact history. Best to be safe. Single cylinder bikes tend to use oil if they get their necks rung. 

Nice one, cheers.  That's the plan for Sunday then. 

25 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

25 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Warm it up before draining it. 

27 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

Nice.  I like Scomadi's and the old Lambretta shape.  

Yeah. I know it’s not the real thing but I love the old school looks coupled with the new school mechanics. Even tho it is a Chinese engine!  To be honest it’s been really reliable so far. A bit reticent for the first 50 yards but not bad when it gets going. 

Edited by alyp