JKB motorbike thread

wibble

17 hours ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

I passed my test in the olden days (1980) on a Honda CD175 when you could still ride a 250 on L plates but thats enough of history.

Best advice I could give to muldoon is practice defensive riding in town, 2 fingers covering your brake and clutch at all times, they really are out to get you.

Most car drivers kept their distance, range rover driver are arseholes though. Right up my hoop as I was doing 40 in a 40.. 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• muldoon74

• Doctor FinnBarr

• jb102

• graygo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Good on you!

I started on a Honda CBF 125, continued to ride exactly how I was instructed on the CBT and when it came the time for the big bike lessons/tests it was extremely straightforward. The only thing to really learn was getting to grips with the extra power and weight. 

It's a good way of doing it rather than straight on in to a big bike. Sure, you *could* go straight in and pass... but.... 

Looking to start taking big bike lessons in April/may then do DAS in June... 

Doing nc500 in maay with my brother but I want to do it on the 125, wee bit more adventurous. 

Brothers got KTM 990 SMT... he'll carry the kit I'll carry the beer and steaks.. 

31 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

Looking to start taking big bike lessons in April/may then do DAS in June... 

Doing nc500 in maay with my brother but I want to do it on the 125, wee bit more adventurous. 

Brothers got KTM 990 SMT... he'll carry the kit I'll carry the beer and steaks.. 

Why would you take lessons and then do DAS?  You won't need lessons if you're doing DAS, that's the point of it.

Doing the NC500 on a 125cc will be a pain in the arse for you and your brother, he'll need to keep waiting for you and it'll take you ages to even get to it as you can't go on motorways.

Edited by cazzyy

3 minutes ago, cazzyy said:

Why would you take lessons and then do DAS?  You won't need lessons if you're doing DAS, that's the point of it.

Doing the NC500 on a 125cc will be a pain in the arse for you and your brother, he'll need to keep waiting in you and it'll take you ages to even get to it as you can't go on motorways.

He doesn't mind going slow, he's been riding for 30 years and touring for 20 so is used to waiting on slower riders. 

Not being allowed on motorway is a plus for me as there's loads if nice A roads we can wend our way on to getup there.. 

highlandjambo3

Had one of these parked up at my place last month…….triumph rocket 3 GT……..had a look at its performance/stats online………

WOW what a beast………it’s a baw hair behind an F1 in a starting/straight run at 0-60 (rocket = 2.73 seconds/F1 = 2.6 seconds).

IMG_5847.jpeg

IMG_5846.avif

1 minute ago, muldoon74 said:

He doesn't mind going slow, he's been riding for 30 years and touring for 20 so is used to waiting on slower riders. 

Not being allowed on motorway is a plus for me as there's loads if nice A roads we can wend our way on to getup there.. 

All fair, enjoy it. 👍🏍️

1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Had one of these parked up at my place last month…….triumph rocket 3 GT……..had a look at its performance/stats online………

WOW what a beast………it’s a baw hair behind an F1 in a starting/straight run at 0-60 (rocket = 2.73 seconds/F1 = 2.6 seconds).

IMG_5847.jpeg

IMG_5846.avif 39.5 kB · 1 download

We ken, you posted about it in July last year then in March this year.

highlandjambo3
1 minute ago, cazzyy said:

We ken, you posted about it in July last year then in March this year.

Don’t recall that……..must be an age thing 😳

• 1 month later...

Been out a few times now (although not in the rain but did come home from work on Tuesday in the dark).. 

Out today for longest run yet. 62 miles.

First 20 mins in an empty carpark in starlaw business park doing u turns, fig 8s. And imaginary cone weaving.. then.. 

Livi to A70 via A71 and kirknewton. Right onto A70 down to Carnwath, then up to forth. Down to breich crossroads then onto A71. Right up to Shotts (where I had an extra bit of exploration.. I got lost😂).. 

Came back onto A71 then left at breich again down to whitburn, A89 and home to Livi... 

A70 was superb. Empty, save for maybe 6 vehicles coming towards me and 3 that passed me. Other than that a blissful 40/50mph down to Carnwath. 

Pushed my little CB125F to 166 miles so over halfway before I can unleash the full gammet of 10.6 raging Thai built Japanese horses... 

If you suffer from mental health issues (I don't but I do get pissed off, a bit down etc) get a motorbike.

The total relaxation and min emptying qualities are unparalleled in anything I've done before.

No-one actually told me how tiring it is aswell... I'd normally be on my 12th14th beer by now on a Saturday,.. probably running to co-op for more but today.. nah, 6 wee cans in and happy with my lot.. going back out tomorrow weather permitting for more therapy... 😃😃🏍️🏍️ Thinking about nipping over to Fife... 🤔🤔

Screenshot_20231104-214303.png

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, muldoon74 said:

Been out a few times now (although not in the rain but did come home from work on Tuesday in the dark).. 

First 20 mins in an empty carpark in starlaw business park doing u turns, fig 8s. And imaginary cone weaving.. then.. 

Livi to A70 via A71 and kirknewton. Right onto A70 down to Carnwath, then up to forth. Down to breich crossroads then onto A71. Right up to Shotts (where I had an extra bit of exploration.. I got lost😂).. 

Came back onto A71 then left at breich again down to whitburn, A89 and home to Livi... 

A70 was superb. Empty, save for maybe 6 vehicles coming towards me and 3 that passed me. Other than that a blissful 40/50mph down to Carnwath. 

Pushed my little CB125F to 166 miles so over halfway before I can unleash the full gammet of 10.6 raging Thai built Japanese horses... 

If you suffer from mental health issues (I don't but I do get pissed off, a bit down etc) get a motorbike.

The total relaxation and min emptying qualities are unparalleled in anything I've done before.

No-one actually told me how tiring it is aswell... I'd normally be on my 12th14th beer by now on a Saturday,.. probably running to co-op for more but today.. nah, 6 wee cans in and happy with my lot.. going back out tomorrow weather permitting for more therapy... 😃😃🏍️🏍️ Thinking about nipping over to Fife... 🤔🤔

It really is, very mentally draining.

Wait til you spend a day in heavy traffic when you just know everyone wants you dead!

1 hour ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

It really is, very mentally draining.

Wait til you spend a day in heavy traffic when you just know everyone wants you dead!

I've found mostly range rover (including Evoque), BMW and other SUV types are mostly wankers who no doubt on town are the types you refer to.... 😠😠

BTW, any spectacle wearers on here ride bikes?

Looking for flexible framed glasses as my current ones don't fit my lid. very uncomfortable with the visor down. 

Psychedelicropcircle
On 01/10/2023 at 18:30, cazzyy said:

Doing the NC500 on a 125cc will be a pain in the arse for you and your brother, he'll need to keep waiting for you and it'll take you ages to even get to it as you can't go on motorways.

There are no motorways on the nc500! A 125 will be fine on single track roads! Besides everybody’s head is on owl mode checking out the scenery. 

7 hours ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

There are no motorways on the nc500! A 125 will be fine on single track roads! Besides everybody’s head is on owl mode checking out the scenery. 

I know that but I was talking about motorways on the way to it.

"it'll take you ages to even get to it as you can't go on motorways."

On 05/11/2023 at 01:08, muldoon74 said:

I've found mostly range rover (including Evoque), BMW and other SUV types are mostly wankers who no doubt on town are the types you refer to.... 😠😠

Just sold my BMW to get a Range and i'm always very considerate to bikers

11 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

BTW, any spectacle wearers on here ride bikes?

Looking for flexible framed glasses as my current ones don't fit my lid. very uncomfortable with the visor down. 

It's possibly your helmet that's making them uncomfortable. I wear glasses with a Shark helmet and I don't have any problem.

I had an HTC in the past and that did cause discomfort with my specs.

On 04/11/2023 at 21:43, muldoon74 said:

Thats a smart looking bike, enjoy.

Doctor FinnBarr
6 hours ago, cazzyy said:

No motorways north of Perth.

Psychedelicropcircle
11 hours ago, cazzyy said:

There’s only the M90 tbf

11 hours ago, Ribble said:

Just sold my BMW to get a Range and i'm always very considerate to bikers

Keep up the good work then!😃👍

Edited by muldoon74

10 hours ago, romac said:

It's possibly your helmet that's making them uncomfortable. I wear glasses with a Shark helmet and I don't have any problem.

I had an HTC in the past and that did cause discomfort with my specs.

It's quite a close fit right enough.

It's an LS2 Scope. (Front flip up, pin lock and flip down sunvisor built in).. all for £120...

5 hours ago, cazzyy said:

I live South of Perth as does the op. 

36 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

There’s only the M90 tbf

I'll take the old bridge (up to 125, buses and taxis only 👍) then meet my brother either rosyth or inverkeithing and up through fife or the other side via crieff etc....

• 3 months later...
muldoon74

Wee revival of thread..

Needing a shed for storage of bike.

Still got my CB125 but obviously looking to go larger in near future (possibly up to v-strom 650) and be able to put a couple of shelves in for bike related products.. .

Plan is to build a shed base from pallets (very cheap from my work...) 

I need a shed/structure that's within 6.5ft (front end where doors are i.e. face on..) by 7.8ft longways.. (within these parameters...) due to my gardens dimensions and the layout necessitated by garden slope and other structures. 

Has anyone got such a structure? 

Finding it really hard to find sheds that have doors on "gable" end.. (I think you'd call it that.. ) i.e. the less wide end. 

Help please. :)