Real Madrid V Barcelona

ThomasFlogel

Bert Le Clos

The reason I dislike him as much as I do.

Fair enough, that's pretty indefensible!

Although he only kicks him once, first time he was clearly swinging for the ball :thumbsup:

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thunderstruck

I suppose it is Easter so resurrection should be expected but I really thought we were looking at a Memorial Mass for Alves. Yet, only minutes after a life-threatening injury, he is sprinting down the wing. The only word that comes to mind is "cheat" and in that respect he was far from the only culprit on the field.

Barcelona might be packed with gifted players but, in my view, they cannot qualify as one of the greatest ever teams while they resort to the tactics used tonight. Brazil 70 have little to fear in terms of their reputation for being the best team ever seen.

kingantti1874

Not every challenge though is it?

It's a totally different attitude on the continent. If you're expecting some sort of hard man approach from players from abroad then you're being very naive.

So your agreeing with me really, they roll about more than British teams hence why I want man u to pump them

kingantti1874

The quote was from THIS week -- he was asked about them and he replied as staTed so perhaps you will reconsider ? :whistling:

Touch? and fair enough, but I still think it's reasonable for fergie to defend a former player... (even if he's wrong)

Jose getting his tactics all wrong tonight :whistling: With that amount of fire power you should be having a go, even against the brilliance of Barca.

Disgraceful behaviour from both teams. Embarrasment to Spanish football. I'd ban both teams from Europe.

Malinga the Swinga

Messi is clearly a top player, but he should carry a do not touch sign as anytime he goes over, the ref couldn't wait to give him the foul. Pepe should have been booked but the Barca antics were a disgrace. They were obviously under instruction from their manager to dive at every opportunity and get someone sent off.

Against Arsenal, they were up against it and Van Persie was sent off, against madrid, they hadn't created anything so Pepe gets sent off. It is like watching Rangers/Celtic against anyone else as the referee is obvously supporting Barca. Look at the end when Alonso was moaning and he was threatening to get his card out, the guy was a grade A stroker, who will no doubt get his reward from Platini.

Wait till the final and watch the commentators change their tune. If Rooney goes in for a challenge, and gets booked, suddenly the ref will be weak and Barca cheats, but as long as it is against another foreign team, then its okay.

As for Townsend trying to tell Jose his job, it is almost laughable. What has Any T ever achieved in management.

rossthejambo

So your agreeing with me really, they roll about more than British teams hence why I want man u to pump them

I agree that they react more to tackles than some players here (it's not just a continental thing though, British players are more than capable of doing the same thing) but to want Man U to win when they've got more than their fair share of "divers" in their team is a bit hypocritical.

Chris Benoit

Has someone died in the commentary box? :unsure:

I hate the ITV coverage compared to last night on SKY it's like a piss stained busker against Elvis

I agree that they react more to tackles than some players here (it's not just a continental thing though, British players are more than capable of doing the same thing) but to want Man U to win when they've got more than their fair share of "divers" in their team is a bit hypocritical.

Please remember that Utd have more foreign players than Uk players so this British player talk does not really stand up -- football is many nationalities and I think it is the fans and principles of the country that influence matters.

Diving and rolling around as if shot is frowned upon in this country and players are openly criticised if they do.

I doubt the Hearts fans would get away with showering the ref with bottles. Madrid will get off with it no doubt.

Just finished watching the game.

Sky +'d it as out for dinner.

I wanted Barca to win.

Wasn't impressed with their antics at all though. Alves & Busquets are the lowest of the low. Pair of cheating dicks.

Mourinho has some bottle to think that a 0-0 going to the Nou Camp is a good result after the 5-0 there earlier in the season.

Tie isn't over yet, but just about.

:thumbsup:

Spitonastranger

Just finished watching the game.

Sky +'d it as out for dinner.

I wanted Barca to win.

Wasn't impressed with their antics at all though. Alves & Busquets are the lowest of the low. Pair of cheating dicks.

Mourinho has some bottle to think that a 0-0 going to the Nou Camp is a good result after the 5-0 there earlier in the season.

Tie isn't over yet, but just about.

you forgot to mention the Madrid chating?????

Thunderstruck

you forgot to mention the Madrid chating?????

But Madrid are not the darlings of the football world, the "greatest team in living memory". Barcarole are and tonight seriously tarnished their reputation - IMO.

But Madrid are not the darlings of the football world, the "greatest team in living memory". Barcarole are and tonight seriously tarnished their reputation - IMO.

It was a derby...it does things to players.As a neutral i'm glad wee Jose will be nowhere near the final...hopefully.

Thunderstruck

It was a derby...it does things to players.As a neutral i'm glad wee Jose will be nowhere near the final...hopefully.

It wasn't just tonight although, was it. The were at it vs Arsenal.

I agree that Real would make for a poorer final but I don't expect we will see the free-flowing Barca either.

shaun.lawson

Barcelona GTF. :down:

Real Madrid GTF. :down:

Manchester United GTF. :down:

New Wembley Stadium GTF. :down:

Bollocks to this season's Champions League. :down:

It wasn't just tonight although, was it. The were at it vs Arsenal.

I agree that Real would make for a poorer final but I don't expect we will see the free-flowing Barca either.

I would argue that most big teams are "at it".You see it all the time and i'll concede it's not good to see.On a topical point re Morinho,i'm sure there are still plenty hooped demon fans still seething at Porto's antics in their UEFA Cup Final.Wee Jose should be the last to complain.

Most neutrals would have picked this final(if indeed it turns out to be Man U/Barca).I just hope it is a feast of football for the fans...for football's sake!

Barcelona GTF. :down:

Real Madrid GTF. :down:

Manchester United GTF. :down:

New Wembley Stadium GTF. :down:

Bollocks to this season's Champions League. :down:

....em.....:thumbsup:

Was it?

shaun.lawson

Catalonia is Spain......

I prefer to think of one year ago today.

Mourinho-ya-celebr%C3%B3-en-el-Camp-Nou-con-el-Inter.jpg

I've literally just been watching videos of those celebrations! Immediately put a smile back on my face after the farce of earlier.

Here's a video you'll especially enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCqLcn-PhU

I've literally just been watching videos of those celebrations! Immediately put a smile back on my face after the farce of earlier.

Here's a video you'll especially enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QCqLcn-PhU

The whole sprinkler episode post match said it all about that "mas que un club" or whatever.

Last time the same two teams met in the CL Final two years apart, the team that won the first time lost the second. Here's hoping!

shaun.lawson

The whole sprinkler episode post match said it all about that "mas que un club" or whatever.

Last time the same two teams met in the CL Final two years apart, the team that won the first time lost the second. Here's hoping!

I agree - but at the same time, it all just makes me laugh. Same with Mourinho's celebrations. The whole thing's just pantomime, isn't it?

Barca's horrific levels of self-righteousness and hypocrisy mean I won't shed any tears for them if they lose the final. Trouble is, I have no time for MUFC either. I'll probably end up siding with United in the end - but that's something I'll find very confusing, and just don't have the heart for really.

I agree - but at the same time, it all just makes me laugh. Same with Mourinho's celebrations. The whole thing's just pantomime, isn't it?

Barca's horrific levels of self-righteousness and hypocrisy mean I won't shed any tears for them if they lose the final. Trouble is, I have no time for MUFC either. I'll probably end up siding with United in the end - but that's something I'll find very confusing, and just don't have the heart for really.

That's the way it is at the "business end" of the game.

I'll support United as I did in 2009.

I'll save your video til 22 May

You reap what you sow..

If Jose didn't set his team out to stop Barca any way possible then Barca wouldn't have had the opportunity to play act..

The fact is currently Madrid can't match this Barca team for football so they choose other tactics.. They can't then complain if the opposition aren't happy at being kicked constantly..

After almost every major game there are people on here complaining about the diving of players.. It happens.. Learn to deal with it so you can try and enjoy the remainder of the game..

Busquets is really bad for diving but there are players of his level at almost every single club.. including Di Maria last night..

Best to just try and remember the game for Messi's brilliance rather than the other stuff...

BTW i thought Ronaldo conducted himself very well tonight.. apart from his tantrum for getting no help closing down the defenders.. it must be fustrating for him having to play in this ultra defensive Mourinho set up..

I maybe imagined FIFA saying players gesturing for opposition players to be booked would be booked themselves! Barca would have been down to 5. Beautiful game played by Knobbers.

jamboinglasgow

I remember the way from that semi that people made out the Barca were all evil and Inter all saints. Both teams were as bad as each other in that semi. Of course the sprinkler incident was bitter, but it was a semi where tensions ran high, Barca had a decent goal disallowed just before the end which would have won it for Barca. Mourinho, in my opinon, deserves dodgy decisions against him for what he did in the champions league match against Barca while he was Chelsea manager when he accused Riijkard of going into the refs room at half time, first he said he saw it, then he claimed one of his staff saw it, then he was informed of it then it was shown it did not happen. By then the referee had been sent death threats by Chelsea fans and retired. So sorry if I dont shed a tear for him every time his teams go out to a dodgy decision.

rossthejambo

Please remember that Utd have more foreign players than Uk players so this British player talk does not really stand up -- football is many nationalities and I think it is the fans and principles of the country that influence matters.

Diving and rolling around as if shot is frowned upon in this country and players are openly criticised if they do.

The British player talk was a generalisation and wasn't directly aimed at Man Utd. Of course it's frowned upon here but it doesn't stop British players doing it as well.

Like I said, it's naivety in the extreme if you think that rolling about feigning injury isn't prevalent with British footballers as well as foreign players.

Jam Tarts 1874

Mourinho's aftermatch comments were pure pantomime. I think Pepe should never had seen red, but otherwise Real were so negative so I'm glad they are more or less out.

There are reports of racist chanting from the Real fans, so expect a meaningless fine from UEFA. I'm looking forward to hearing Rangers' punishment being handed down later today.

I remember the way from that semi that people made out the Barca were all evil and Inter all saints. Both teams were as bad as each other in that semi. Of course the sprinkler incident was bitter, but it was a semi where tensions ran high, Barca had a decent goal disallowed just before the end which would have won it for Barca. Mourinho, in my opinon, deserves dodgy decisions against him for what he did in the champions league match against Barca while he was Chelsea manager when he accused Riijkard of going into the refs room at half time, first he said he saw it, then he claimed one of his staff saw it, then he was informed of it then it was shown it did not happen. By then the referee had been sent death threats by Chelsea fans and retired. So sorry if I dont shed a tear for him every time his teams go out to a dodgy decision.

Barca were denied a stonewaller in the San Siro, Inter scored an offside goal which was allowed to stand and then Barca had a decent goal chopped off in the last moments of the game in the Nou Camp.

So Mourinho can ram hus sour grapes.

Real offered ****** all in the first hour anyway.

Barcelona :) :) :)

Lawson :seething: that his fancy man got beat.

Barca were denied a stonewaller in the San Siro, Inter scored an offside goal which was allowed to stand and then Barca had a decent goal chopped off in the last moments of the game in the Nou Camp.

So Mourinho can ram hus sour grapes.

Real offered ****** all in the first hour anyway.

Barcelona :) :) :)

Lawson :seething: that his fancy man got beat.

Another dive by Dani Alves. Sneijder pulled out of the challenge.

Our goal was offside but so was theirs in the return leg.

Ref blew for handball well before the ball was put into the net for their late second.

The look on the faces of the Farsa fans at full time was something else. Their dream of a final in Madrid up in smoke.

Truly an outstanding evening and all one year ago today :D

I wonder if we Hearts fans had a back to the wall performance against one of the Old Firm were for all their might just did not look like scoring only to then cheat one of the opposition out of the game and hence then go on and win.**** me that's right it usually happens at least once a season and we ain't ******* happy about it.The fact is if Barca as great a team as they are(and they are really great)don't get to play the way they want then they cheat.

Ref blew for handball well before the ball was put into the net for their late second.

The look on the faces of the Farsa fans at full time was something else. Their dream of a final in Madrid up in smoke.

Untrue.

Looks like Inters wee "glory" spell is over and AC have now returned to their rightful position as top dogs in Italia.

Wonderful.

rossthejambo

I wonder if we Hearts fans had a back to the wall performance against one of the Old Firm were for all their might just did not look like scoring only to then cheat one of the opposition out of the game and hence then go on and win.**** me that's right it usually happens at least once a season and we ain't ******* happy about it.The fact is if Barca as great a team as they are(and they are really great)don't get to play the way they want then they cheat.

I didn't really notice a back to the wall performance from Barca last night. The only team playing like that were Real.

And let's not start this high and mighty stuff regarding Real, they are both as bad as each other.

I didn't really notice a back to the wall performance from Barca last night. The only team playing like that were Real.

And let's not start this high and mighty stuff regarding Real, they are both as bad as each other.

It was Real i meant as the back to wall performance.I just don't get the complete condemnation for Madrid's defensive tactics.If it were Hearts playing in Europe against a better footballing team and we were containing them pretty easily only to have a very harsh red card against us to then change the game we would all be raging on here.I'm not belittling Barca's technically ability by any means,how could I they are ******* awesome but when the game is not how they like it they take a fall.

rossthejambo

It was Real i meant as the back to wall performance.I just don't get the complete condemnation for Madrid's defensive tactics.If it were Hearts playing in Europe against a better footballing team and we were containing them pretty easily only to have a very harsh red card against us to then change the game we would all be raging on here.I'm not belittling Barca's technically ability by any means,how could I they are ******* awesome but when the game is not how they like it they take a fall.

Ah okay, apologies I read it the wrong way. :thumbsup:

In fairness, Real take a fall at all opportunities, winning or losing. And they are notoriously bad losers, only have to look at some of the petulant kicks and shoves from some of the Real players after the red card and then after Messi scored the first.

I think people condemn it because Madrid have spent hundreds of millions of pounds and still feel the need to play like that.

It's a weird tactic to set out for a 0-0 at home when you previously lost 5-0 away earlier in the season.

Surely best to try to take some sort of advantage to the Nou Camp? Use the home crowd to spur you on a bit.

And everyone is kidding themselves on if they think that Real are the white nights of righteousness. There are plenty cheats in their team too. Di Maria is an absolute dick and as big a cheat as anyone in the Barca side.

Having said that, I really like Barca but was hugely disappointed (but not surprised) at the antics of Busquets and Alves. Two more loathesome players you are unlikely to find.

shaun.lawson

Correct on all counts. :thumbsup: In particular, that people still mention the handball goal in injury time as a stick to beat Inter with staggers me: Inter's players stopped when the ref blew his whistle a good three or four seconds before the 'goal'.

Inter's performance against all the odds in Camp Nou was one of the greatest, most composed rearguard efforts of modern times - and the team itself convincing winners of the tournament.

Untrue.

Looks like Inters wee "glory" spell is over and AC have now returned to their rightful position as top dogs in Italia.

Wonderful.

What, five titles in a row and a European Cup? I'm sure interista can live with one bad year after all that. Oh, and a word to the wise: if you ever tell a Milan fan his team is called "AC", you'll get a slap. It's the Italian equivalent of when fans refer to Dundee United as "Dundee", or Nottingham Forest as "Notts Forest".

Correct on all counts. :thumbsup: In particular, that people still mention the handball goal in injury time as a stick to beat Inter with staggers me: Inter's players stopped when the ref blew his whistle a good three or four seconds before the 'goal'.

Inter's performance against all the odds in Camp Nou was one of the greatest, most composed rearguard efforts of modern times - and the team itself convincing winners of the tournament.

What, five titles in a row and a European Cup? I'm sure interista can live with one bad year after all that. Oh, and a word to the wise: if you ever tell a Milan fan his team is called "AC", you'll get a slap. It's the Italian equivalent of when fans refer to Dundee United as "Dundee", or Nottingham Forest as "Notts Forest".

Fortunately I don't know any AC fans so I can call them whatever the **** I like.

shaun.lawson

Quite incredible dummy spitting from Mourinho:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/apr/28/jose-mourinho-real-madrid-barcelona

A touch of Kevin Keegan about that one.

Mourinho's doing what Mourinho always does: deflecting attention away from his side's defeat on to a potential talking point. When he utilises this strategy, he always has evidence with which to back up his case, however controversial, provocative or plain outrageous - and in this case, he's right. Why have Barcelona enjoyed so many ludicrous decisions in Champions League semi-finals over the past three years?

Of course, his teams get decisions too, and Porto especially were quite despicable cheats. But the point still stands. Are Barcelona UEFA's golden boys, or something? Are they refereed in the same way as other clubs?

Beyond that, Mourinho's continuing to play a long game. He thrives on confrontation and siege mentalities like no other manager in history - and he knows that, wherever he goes over the next ten or fifteen years, Barcelona will always represent a huge block to the success he craves. So he's setting himself up as their bete noire: and will always use them to convince his players that this is an unfair world, so they'll have to fight for everything they achieve. The huge extra doses of self-pity and drama queenery in this latest soliloquy simply represent him taking it to a whole new level.

shaun.lawson

Fortunately I don't know any AC fans so I can call them whatever the **** I like.

:D

rossthejambo

Mourinho's doing what Mourinho always does: deflecting attention away from his side's defeat on to a potential talking point. When he utilises this strategy, he always has evidence with which to back up his case, however controversial, provocative or plain outrageous - and in this case, he's right. Why have Barcelona enjoyed so many ludicrous decisions in Champions League semi-finals over the past three years?

Of course, his teams get decisions too, and Porto especially were quite despicable cheats. But the point still stands. Are Barcelona UEFA's golden boys, or something? Are they refereed in the same way as other clubs?

Beyond that, Mourinho's continuing to play a long game. He thrives on confrontation and siege mentalities like no other manager in history - and he knows that, wherever he goes over the next ten or fifteen years, Barcelona will always represent a huge block to the success he craves. So he's setting himself up as their bete noire: and will always use them to convince his players that this is an unfair world, so they'll have to fight for everything they achieve.

He's got evidence of Barcelona being favoured by referees? That sort of stuff should be given to UEFA surely and the refs involved will be struck off accordingly....that is of course if there is actual evidence, oh wait, it's just a manager deflecting attention away from his own tactical failings and poor performance from his team and creating a furore over nothing at all.

:whistling:

shaun.lawson

He's got evidence of Barcelona being favoured by referees? That sort of stuff should be given to UEFA surely and the refs involved will be struck off accordingly....that is of course if there is actual evidence, oh wait, it's just a manager deflecting attention away from his own tactical failings and poor performance from his team and creating a furore over nothing at all.

:whistling:

Are you seriously going to sit here and pretend that the ridiculous decisions Barcelona enjoyed against Inter, Chelsea and Arsenal were the correct ones? Are you seriously going to sit here and argue that Barca's cheating and diving is ever punished by anyone?

I think people condemn it because Madrid have spent hundreds of millions of pounds and still feel the need to play like that.

It's a weird tactic to set out for a 0-0 at home when you previously lost 5-0 away earlier in the season.

Surely best to try to take some sort of advantage to the

Nou Camp? Use the home crowd to spur you on a bit.

And everyone is kidding themselves on if they think that

Real are the white nights of righteousness. There are

plenty cheats in their team too. Di Maria is an absolute dick

and as big a cheat as anyone in the Barca side.

Having said that, I really like Barca but was hugely

disappointed (but not surprised) at the antics of Busquets

and Alves. Two more loathesome players you are unlikely

to find.

Yeah I kind of think Madrid really should have stuck it out with Pelegrini.If anything they seem even further away from Barca than last year.Just look at Real's team they really should be better than hoofing it up to no one.Higuain scores a hatrick at the weekend and is nowhere to be seen against Barca.A squad with Ronaldo,Alonso,Ozil,Higuain,Kaka,Benzema should beable to take Barca on more.

Are you seriously going to sit here and pretend that the ridiculous decisions Barcelona enjoyed against Inter, Chelsea and Arsenal were the correct ones? Are you seriously going to sit here and argue that Barca's cheating and diving is ever punished by anyone?

The one against Inter when Motta (I think) pushed Busquets over whilst on a booking already? It shouldn't have been a red but two yellows make a red anyway. They got more decisions against them in that tie than for them FFS.

And there was probably only about 1 out of the four penalty claims against Chelsea which were legitimate claims.

And as harsh as the RVP sending off was, when I was watching it and he did that I shouted WTF are you doing you idiot as he was leaving himself open to that.

Archived