***The Official Royal Wedding Thread***

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill

"Right you lot, Edinburgh here, just to say keep it bloody clean and no trolling or I'll send my son Edward round to smack some heads"

prince_philip.jpg

This is a thread for all the build up and on-the-day comment of the Beeb's/ITV's/media's coverage, and of course for the wedding itself.

I think I'll watch it on STV as BBC1 have the awful Fearne Cotton and Edith Bowman (plus other people who use Twitter) as presenters.

Stiff upper lip eh?

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, only two days until it's finally revealed...

The colour of Kate Middleton's umbrella.

Surely the dresswon't be that short!

The person who cares less than me about this garbage hasn't been born yet.

All the best to the royals for what will be a red, white and blue extravaganza.

And remember William, put a **** in the bank first.

Chad Sexington

I'm going to attempt to miss this load of shite in its entirety. :thumbsup:

All things going to plan, I should manage to avoid the whole thing.

My cunning stategy involves a couple of crates of Stella and an enormous session of Pro-Ev :geek:

Sterling Archer

Fortunately I'll be driving when this is on, just take lots of CD's as I imagine the radio will be totally flooded.

Congratulations to them on their wedding day but people getting up at 6am to watch all the 'pre match build up' really need to get a life. thumbsup.gif

i'm thinking that there will be limited exposure to this around the golf course, so if anyone's looking for me then i'll most probably be found there.

The person who cares less than me about this garbage hasn't been born yet.

Rubbish! I care so little about it that I haven't even bothered posting on this threa.....

Oh bugger!

camsanozziejambo2

"Right you lot, Edinburgh here, just to say keep it bloody clean and no trolling or I'll send my son Edward round to smack some heads"

prince_philip.jpg

This is a thread for all the build up and on-the-day comment of the Beeb's/ITV's/media's coverage, and of course for the wedding itself.

I think I'll watch it on STV as BBC1 have the awful Fearne Cotton and Edith Bowman (plus other people who use Twitter) as presenters.

Stiff upper lip eh?

jamboinglasgow

i'm thinking that there will be limited exposure to this around the golf course, so if anyone's looking for me then i'll most probably be found there.

I am also on the golf course as well. But wish the couple well.

camsanozziejambo2

prince_philip.jpg

Stiff upper lip eh?

G,Day

Sorry second attempt at a reply,yes I/We will be watching LIVEon Austar/UK tv coverage starts 5.00pm

Is it a PUBIC holiday ?

HOO ROO,Enjoy the day

The Treasurer

This is one of those rare occasions that I'm actually glad that I don't get any public holidays

Auld Reekin'

Spent the whole of Chaz & Di's big day getting drunk :woot: (in celebration of a day's holiday, nothing else...) in the Corstorphine Inn. Unfortunately, this course of action is not available to me this time around, but one thing's for sure: I won't be watching any of it on the telly! (Of course, the wall-to-wall coverage of it on all news bulletins and news channels, will undoubtedly mean that I'll end up seeing quite a lot of it unless I don't switch-on the TV at all that day and for a week or two afterwards... dry.gif)

Buffalo Bill

How long till this thread gets closed ???

Hopefully no need for that, Tam's Bird, as long as people treat it in the light-hearted way it was intended.

grumpyjambo

Hopefully no need for that, Tam's Bird, as long as people treat it in the light-hearted way it was intended.

The only light hearted thing about "The Family" is the contempt they treat the citizens of Scotland.

People who care either in a positive or negative way about the Royal Family are a bit weird. I think they're pointless, but they don't bother me. If people want to get all excited about two people that they don't know getting married then let them. I'll take the holiday with great pleasure and use it to get away for the weekend.

The only negative effect this wedding has had on me us the fact it's all over the tv. Luckily I control the remote, so that problem is easily rectified.

rossthejambo

Can't wait. Another day off work...that's all that bothers me tbh. Not overly fussed that they're getting married either way, will probably be all over the TV but the xbox should put paid to that :thumbsup:

Buffalo Bill

People who care either in a positive or negative way about the Royal Family are a bit weird. I think they're pointless, but they don't bother me. If people want to get all excited about two people that they don't know getting married then let them. I'll take the holiday with great pleasure and use it to get away for the weekend.

The only negative effect this wedding has had on me us the fact it's all over the tv. Luckily I control the remote, so that problem is easily rectified.

I would agree with his but there are certainly different degrees to it all.

I'm going to watch the coverage, but as much to poke fun at the people lining the streets and being interviewed on TV. Yet at the same time, I recognise that I am part of the event too, by means of being part of the TV audience, and thus in the same boat as some flag-waving looney who has spent three days camping outside Westminster. Furthermore, I know I'm going to be in for some stick on here for starting this thread in the first place - but someone had to.

I admit, I'm looking forward to watchng it.

It's an event of global interest and on the basis that my nose tends to bother me if I don't know what's happening and I hate not being in-the-loop, I'll be watching on Friday morning along with zillions of other nosey buggers who couldn't give two hoots about Royal stuff but don't want to be the only one who didn't see it. And if I'm being perfectly honest, I also kind of want to see what the dress looks like. Oh the shame. ninja.gif

It'll be a spectacle, therefore I shall spectate. Might even drink some Pimms, it's top notch stuff.

Anyone know what time the Beeb start the coverage?

Good luck to the both of them, but for me Nah! will find something to avoid watching the box.

Up the Republic!! :thumbsup:

The "I'm only watching this to see all the weirdos" excuse is really not going to cut it imo. Closet royalists in this thread.

Buffalo Bill

I'm looking forward to seeing the weirdos and the royal family.

Socrates: thinking too hard as usual.

The Old Tolbooth

We'll be driving down to Yorkshire whilst this "Royal Farce" is taking place, there will be CD's on in the car so we don't have to listen to all the pish, hopefully by the time we get there it will be all over and people will be back to as normal as they can be, being Royalists.

wonder if james hewitt will be invited. it would be rotten for the wales' to leave out a blood relative.

The Treasurer

It's an event of global interest and on the basis that my nose tends to bother me if I don't know what's happening and I hate not being in-the-loop, I'll be watching on Friday morning along with zillions of other nosey buggers who couldn't give two hoots about Royal stuff but don't want to be the only one who didn't see it. And if I'm being perfectly honest, I also kind of want to see what the dress looks like. Oh the shame. ninja.gif

It'll be a spectacle, therefore I shall spectate. Might even drink some Pimms, it's top notch stuff.

Anyone know what time the Beeb start the coverage?

I thought it started months ago sad.gif

Not a fan of the "royals" and am all for the republic, but then I wish them no ills either - they didn't choose to be "born into it" after all. So, all the best to the happy couple, but thankfully I'm off to Glencoe for a long weekend of mountain biking mayhem :thumbsup:

Red - text me a photo of the dress when it's revealed :whistling:

Buffalo Bill

...and I'm looking forward to seeing what Zara Philips is wearing.

zara460x276.jpg

She's the one on the right, btw.

I thought it started months ago sad.gif

Touch? :biggrin:

Just had a look and quite incredibly it seems there's coverage from 8am to 4pm on both BBC1 and ITV1. Unbelievable. What the heck are they going to film after the wedding??

Red - text me a photo of the dress when it's revealed :whistling:

Can just imagine you and your biking mates screeching to a halt and all gathered around oohing and aahing over a photo of a wedding frock. :laugh:

The People's Chimp

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the "happy couple" for my extra day off, which shall be spent, weather permitting, in a nice beer garden.

Sexton Hardcastle

...and I'm looking forward to seeing what Zara Philips is wearing.

zara460x276.jpg

She's the one on the right, btw.

No doubt some kind of baseball/cowboy hat.

She really wants to be a bloke.

And as for Edith Bowman doing it. How long until she asks gets caught up in the moment and thinks shes at TITP. Chugging over how its the best crowd in the world. Asking the Royals if they've performed in front of a better crowd and milking her scottish accent.

wonder if james hewitt will be invited. it would be rotten for the wales' to leave out a blood relative.

Haha enjoyed that!

I won't be watching as I've got a course on, but tbh as I'm not fussed im not too fussed. I'd not avoid it, but not going out my way to watch it

Buffalo Bill

Only two people admitting they'll be watching it so far.

:what:

Myself and Mrs Chester fly to Slovakia tomorrow for two and a half weeks and we wont be seeing any of it (unless they Jumbotron it at the Ice Hockey) and we couldnt care less. If we had been here, it would have been a stack of DVD's to get us through.

Have fun peeps with wall to wall coverage for next week. :thumbsup:

Stiff upper lips eh?

Exactly what Wills will be doing on the night...though I may have corrected it somewhat :D

Buffalo Bill

Exactly what Wills will be doing on the night...though I may have corrected it somewhat :D

I pitched those words up in the air for you to knock 'em dead.

The Treasurer

Just had a look and quite incredibly it seems there's coverage from 8am to 4pm on both BBC1 and ITV1. Unbelievable. What the heck are they going to film after the wedding??

I would imagine they will be filling in with quotes from "royal watchers" telling us exactly what's happening at the palace as if they're I.T.K.

Also I expect they'll have reporters mingling with the roasters that have been camping out for days to get a 5 second glimpse of the "happy couple"

If that's not enough to pad out their coverage then I'm sure they'll drop in on a "typical" street party.

All of which should reach about 2000 on the yucky.gifscale

There's also a 90 minute look back over the events of the day at 8.30 on BBC1!

Buffalo Bill

I would imagine they will be filling in with quotes from "royal watchers" telling us exactly what's happening at the palace as if they're I.T.K.

Also I expect they'll have reporters mingling with the roasters that have been camping out for days to get a 5 second glimpse of the "happy couple"

If that's not enough to pad out their coverage then I'm sure they'll drop in on a "typical" street party.

All of which should reach about 2000 on the yucky.gifscale

You can tell that The Treasurer never misses a royal wedding on TV.

The Treasurer

You can tell that The Treasurer never misses a royal wedding on TV.

If you've seen one you've seen them all

Can I just point out this is NOT an admission of having watched any, ever ninja.gif

Everybody loves Baz

Working, double time & day in Leiu, gotta love Midlothian Council, plus it's a job in knock so should be having a beer about 1ish if i get ma finger oot :thumbsup:

Can just imagine you and your biking mates screeching to a halt and all gathered around oohing and aahing over a photo of a wedding frock. :laugh:

Yip biggrin.gif

n665906095_1394727_2141.jpg

Archived