Zalukas - Time and Time Again - Lets us Down (Merged Threads)

Howdy Doody Jambo

So zal screws up and as some sort of punishment we need to take on zander diamond? Is that really where we're at?

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nelly Terraces

Zal is a pretty good centre half when you compare him to what else may be available, sadly though, his concentration is akin to a goldfish with alzheimers and he's only 1 mistake away from a cataclysmic fork up. He just doesn't apply himself to what he's doing with the utmost professional attitude. I still think he was unlucky yesterday mind you, the hobo was not gonna get the ball, Jamie Mc had it well covered, and the hobo cut across the Zalinator. Still, it could only really happen to big Z though.

In short, he's a walking disaster area, but I stil love the geezer! :D

And if he is leaving, I'd like to see him cripple Zander Diamond, who is quite frankly a total ***t.

How can any Hearts supporter who actually goes to the games want rid of Zaliukas???

I'm constantly bemused by these anti-Zali comments that appear.

Yes, he has made some mistakes especially on the disciplinary front, in his time at Hearts, but this season he has turned the corner.

Look at the facts, yes he gave away a penalty, BUT IT WAS NOT A RED CARD offence. For it to be a sending off he would have to have denied a clear goalscoring opportunity. HE DID NOT. The ball was going straight into the keepers hands.

Anyway, we were absolutely shocking without Zali at the start of this season, and his return to the side resulted in us going on a fantastic run largely due to keeping clean sheets most weeks. Even the biggest Zali-haters amongst you surely cannot think the improvement in our defence wasn't due to the Zali's influence.

I hope he stays with us for a few years yet, and forges a formidable partnership with Webster.

Bert Le Clos

Rather poor selection CJ, if truth be told.

This has to be a wind-up.

:laugh:

Do not want any of them near our starting line up.

Craigan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh ma sides!!!

:rofl:

LOLocaust. Severin and Doooobz FFS. :lol:

Considine!!!

I have nothing more to add, your honour. :verysmug:

The less said about that list, the better.

Nelly Terraces

How can any Hearts supporter who actually goes to the games want rid of Zaliukas???

I'm constantly bemused by these anti-Zali comments that appear.

Yes, he has made some mistakes especially on the disciplinary front, in his time at Hearts, but this season he has turned the corner.

Look at the facts, yes he gave away a penalty, BUT IT WAS NOT A RED CARD offence. For it to be a sending off he would have to have denied a clear goalscoring opportunity. HE DID NOT. The ball was going straight into the keepers hands.

Anyway, we were absolutely shocking without Zali at the start of this season, and his return to the side resulted in us going on a fantastic run largely due to keeping clean sheets most weeks. Even the biggest Zali-haters amongst you surely cannot think the improvement in our defence wasn't due to the Zali's influence.

I hope he stays with us for a few years yet, and forges a formidable partnership with Webster.

I'll go wi that. A sending off? Never. Team better wi Zal in it? Yes. If he stays, I'll be happy.

Clerry Jambo

My apologies please add:

Mulgrew

Rogne

Dillon

Daly

Hanlon

...and whoever the centre backs are for Inverness Caley :thumbsup:

I have nothing more to add, your honour. :verysmug:

The less said about that list, the better.

I wish I could take your opinion seriously, but what with claiming Zander Diamond is one of the best centre halves in the country is much akin to sticking pencils up your nose and saying 'wibble'.

My apologies please add:

Mulgrew

Rogne

Dillon

Daly

Hanlon

Hanlon? :facepalm:

Daly's a centre forward, is he not? Mulgrew's also a full back.

Couldn't afford Rogne, so he doesn't count in your list of better centre halves we can afford.

Tommy Wiseau

Considine!!!

He was good in Dead Man's Shoes though.

Just seen Hanlon added to the list. :rofl:

Clerry step away from the keyboard, this is not successful trolling. :lol:

By the way, who even is McGregor? Genuinely never heard of him - he must be amazing. :rolleyes:

Arthur Morgan

He was good in Dead Man's Shoes though.

Just seen Hanlon added to the list. :rofl:

Clerry step away from the keyboard, this is not successful trolling. :lol:

By the way, who even is McGregor? Genuinely never heard of him - he must be amazing. :rolleyes:

He plays for St.Mirren, he is pretty average tbh, nowhere near as good as the defenders we have.

Zaliukas just isn't very good. His purple patch (that lasted about ten games) earlier in the season shows what we need from him, we just don't see that often enough.

I really hope he wants away.

Teuchterjambo

Zaliukas just isn't very good. His purple patch (that lasted about ten games) earlier in the season shows what we need from him, we just don't see that often enough.

I really hope he wants away.

That is about right - there seems to be a lot of people who rate players on their good games only or as you say on the basis of a fairly short good spell instead of judging over a realistic length of time - the classic of course is Obua who in the eyes of soem is a legend as a result of a point blank goal at ER.

rossthejambo

OAG, just for you Bud :thumbsup:

Weir

Bougherra

Papac ( and yes hes a full back but has played CH )

Craigan

Zander

Considine

Severin

Duberry

Wright

McGregor

Webster

Canning....ok jokin :lol:

My apologies please add:

Mulgrew

Rogne

Dillon

Daly

Hanlon

Away ye go :lol:

Thunderstruck

That is about right - there seems to be a lot of people who rate players on their good games only or as you say on the basis of a fairly short good spell instead of judging over a realistic length of time - the classic of course is Obua who in the eyes of soem is a legend as a result of a point blank goal at ER.

Is it not the case that the exact opposite is more the Kickback condition. One bad game or, more likely, a single mistake and a player who has had a good run of games is suddenly sh**e. Facts are never going to get in the way of a good rant.

It has to said, however, that there is serious myopia around as some players can get away with serious blunders without a multiple page thread with input from roasters who "knew all along he was the standard required to wear the famous maroon".

Some of the stuff from these same roasters is hilarious but sadly predictable - a goal was lost against Killie and almost immediately an anti-Zal thread appeared slating him for another bombscare moment. That thread died a fairly quick death when it was pointed out (by those at the game) that Craig Thomson lost the ball.

Clerry Jambo

OK guys we've had a bit crack and I don't troll, its against the rules :thumbsup:

I really don't see the luv in with big Zal, a centre half for me is one of the most important positions on the park.

Yes he has put in some sterling performances, so has Adrian :whistling:

But too many unforced errors and lack of concentration is Zal's downfall.

Let Webby, Zander, Barr and a young un fight for the jerseys, JJ might even go outside the SPL for a new defender

Teuchterjambo

Is it not the case that the exact opposite is more the Kickback condition. One bad game or, more likely, a single mistake and a player who has had a good run of games is suddenly sh**e. Facts are never going to get in the way of a good rant.

It has to said, however, that there is serious myopia around as some players can get away with serious blunders without a multiple page thread with input from roasters who "knew all along he was the standard required to wear the famous maroon".

Some of the stuff from these same roasters is hilarious but sadly predictable - a goal was lost against Killie and almost immediately an anti-Zal thread appeared slating him for another bombscare moment. That thread died a fairly quick death when it was pointed out (by those at the game) that Craig Thomson lost the ball.

I don't think I am ranting at all - you may not agree with my opinion on Zaliukas but it is an opinion formed over a period of time and no knee jerk reaction to Sunday's performance. My whole point is that we see judgements being made on single game performances and the best seems to become the benchmark for some people but the point that you make is similarly valid , single mistakes similarly don't make a benchmark to judge people on and maybe we are saying the same thing but just at the other end of the spectrum.

I actually agree with you on many of the sadly predictable posts on here are a reaction to single events good or bad and not a balanced view taken over a period of time.

Still.... back to the original point for me the loss of Zal would not cause me undue concern , in fact it would be an opportunity to improve on the current situation - that does not mean I think he is useless, just that he has faults that I think we can improve on within our current budget or as I said in my first post, he could get his head down and he could be the improvement !

Jambosr1985

All the players like Zal go and watch them train its an eyeopener and to me he is the main man.

Sergio Garcia

Out of interest, has Zal came out and apologized for his stupidity?

It cost us the game and as Captain he should know how much it means to the supporters, we were coasting until the moment of madness.

OAG, just for you Bud :thumbsup:

Weir

Bougherra

Papac ( and yes hes a full back but has played CH )

Craigan

Zander

Considine

Severin

Duberry

Wright

McGregor

Webster

Canning....ok jokin :lol:

I admire a man who sticks by their convictions, but that's the worst list since...ever.

Zal always has ONE bombscare moment in every game - it's just a case of whether the opposition take full advantage of it or not.

However, that does mean that for the majority of the game he is a solid CB and has improved the team since he returned from the not signing a contract suspension that Vlad gave him.

Hearts are his level and I don't see him getting a move down to England unless he can reduce the one bombscare moment per match to every two or three games. Hopefully Webster can get him to improve.

Bouzid will be away in the summer as his playing career history shows that he doesn't ever extend a contract anywhere. I won't be happy about us signing Diamond as I feel for all the "SPL experience" he will bring that he is not a better player ability wise than our youngsters in the reserves. Save the wages Jim for a better player - a striker please.

Francis Albert

Webster and Zal had the same number of "bombscare moments" on Sunday. luckily, Webster only let Riordan through on goal.

Harry Palmer

Webster and Zal had the same number of "bombscare moments" on Sunday. luckily, Webster only let Riordan through on goal.

That can't be right...everyone knows No 15 is the bestest since the best.... aye?

Anyway Zander will be here to replace Zaliukas then everyone will be happy... :thumbsup:

Clerry Jambo

That's because bombscare was only on the park fur 30 mins FA :thumbsup:

alwaysthereinspirit

If you only knew.

Francis Albert

That's because bombscare was only on the park fur 30 mins FA :thumbsup:

Andy also lost Dickoh to give him a free header in the last minute of the first half and I am not sure what defending he was supposed to be doing at Hibs' second, where he was in "stroller" mode. Nevertheless he was one of if not the best players on the pitch. Point is everyone makes mistakes.

If Zal is such a bombscare it must have been some team around him that went on that run of 10 or more games in which we conceded all of 2 goals.

Clerry Jambo

Andy also lost Dickoh to give him a free header in the last minute of the first half and I am not sure what defending he was supposed to be doing at Hibs' second, where he was in "stroller" mode. Nevertheless he was one of if not the best players on the pitch. Point is everyone makes mistakes.

If Zal is such a bombscare it must have been some team around him that went on that run of 10 or more games in which we conceded all of 2 goals.

I think you'll find Kello was the main reason for our fine run, not Zal, IMHO of course

Francis Albert

I think you'll find Kello was the main reason for our fine run, not Zal, IMHO of course

I didn't say Zal was, or that Kello wasn't.

Bert Le Clos

OK guys we've had a bit crack and I don't troll, its against the rules :thumbsup:

I'm just surprised not to see Kevin James on your list.

Drylaw Hearts

What a desperate post.

Clerry Jambo

I'm just surprised not to see Kevin James on your list.

I suppose I was used to the McLaren's, Ritchie's, Levein's, Weir's, McPherson's, Bruno's, Jardine's, Van de Ven's and even wee Jimmy Sandison - real defenders!!

Oh and even Mr Berra, sorry Christophe :thumbsup:

Teuchterjambo

If you only knew.

Maybe I am not catching on here - what is it that I don't know that obviously I should ?

Just wondering - let me know so I can catch up.

dry.gif

Thunderstruck

I don't think I am ranting at all - you may not agree with my opinion on Zaliukas but it is an opinion formed over a period of time and no knee jerk reaction to Sunday's performance. My whole point is that we see judgements being made on single game performances and the best seems to become the benchmark for some people but the point that you make is similarly valid , single mistakes similarly don't make a benchmark to judge people on and maybe we are saying the same thing but just at the other end of the spectrum.

I actually agree with you on many of the sadly predictable posts on here are a reaction to single events good or bad and not a balanced view taken over a period of time.

Still.... back to the original point for me the loss of Zal would not cause me undue concern , in fact it would be an opportunity to improve on the current situation - that does not mean I think he is useless, just that he has faults that I think we can improve on within our current budget or as I said in my first post, he could get his head down and he could be the improvement !

Sorry, I wasn't directing that at you.

I still think the knee- jerking always follows an error and, for some players, it matters not how infrequent the error.

A good team is always built on a solid defence and we have benefited this year from a particularly good, solid and reliable defence even with makeshift full backs foruch of the time. Zaliukas has come on on leaps and bounds over the past 3 years but some posters are completely unwilling to forget his early days - is no player allowed to develop or improve?

I seriously worry for the sanity of those who would prefer some of the other SPL centre back to Zal. Clearly, Stella on cornflakes for breakfast does little for the brain cells.

I still think the knee- jerking always follows an error and, for some players, it matters not how infrequent the error.

A good team is always built on a solid defence and we have benefited this year from a particularly good, solid and reliable defence even with makeshift full backs foruch of the time. Zaliukas has come on on leaps and bounds over the past 3 years but some posters are completely unwilling to forget his early days - is no player allowed to develop or improve?

I seriously worry for the sanity of those who would prefer some of the other SPL centre back to Zal. Clearly, Stella on cornflakes for breakfast does little for the brain cells.

I don't get it either. Not one bit.

I didn't always have much time for Zal in the past but he's changed my mind big time. He's a very decent player for us these days and much as it pains me to admit it, turns out he's probably not too bad a captain either. But he's always been one to attract a bit of criticism and when you pull a stunt like that in a derby, you're just giving people the perfect excuse to get stuck in. I might have been a bit more angry if I hadn't seen his expression...no indignation or aggro, he was just gutted at what he'd done.

The positives he brings to the team on a weekly basis outweigh the evils of getting yourself sent off in a derby. Just as long as he doesn't do it again, of course... ermm.gif

Howdy Doody Jambo

I don't get it either. Not one bit.

I didn't always have much time for Zal in the past but he's changed my mind big time. He's a very decent player for us these days and much as it pains me to admit it, turns out he's probably not too bad a captain either. But he's always been one to attract a bit of criticism and when you pull a stunt like that in a derby, you're just giving people the perfect excuse to get stuck in. I might have been a bit more angry if I hadn't seen his expression...no indignation or aggro, he was just gutted at what he'd done.

The positives he brings to the team on a weekly basis outweigh the evils of getting yourself sent off in a derby. Just as long as he doesn't do it again, of course... ermm.gif

Totally disagree

Anybody that knows anything about the game can see Zalukas lacks the basics

Always caught out wrong side , can't deal with a ball over the top , lacks pace , concentration poor , discipline not the best , distribution mediocre , definately not football minded , he makes too many basic mistakes regularly however his biggest plus is his aggression and strength of which all modern day centre backs have anyway

How he is captain i will never know ?

Totally disagree

Always caught out wrong side , can't deal with a ball over the top , lacks pace , concentration poor , discipline not the best , distribution mediocre , definately not football minded , he makes too many basic mistakes regularly however his biggest plus is his aggression and strength of which all modern day centre backs have anyway

Can't agree with that at all. He absolutely has the basics, it's the occasional flaws in his game that let him down and these are surfacing less and less frequently as time goes on. He does have a tendency to get caught out once in a while but he's pretty decent in the air, his distribution has improved massively in the last year or so and he's not averse to pinging some very neat diagonal balls up field when we're short on options or he spots an opportunity. He's strong, generally tackles well (Sunday excepted!), intercepts a fair bit - the problem is that when he gets it wrong, he really gets it wrong. He organises, he communicates well with the keeper, he quite likes to take a wee dash up towards goal every once in while and can be useful at set pieces. Yes, the aggression thing might count against us every once in a while but the rest of the time he channels it well, works his socks off and you'll never see him with his head down. Plus he's actually a very decent captain - I've seen him going nuts when we need a bit of fight and he's great at looking out for the younger players...

As far as the SPL goes, he's a quality player....

Teuchterjambo

Don't disagree with what you are saying - just on the other side it sometimes nips me when a player all of a sudden has a good game or even just does something good during a game and all of a sudden everything before is forgotten and we have some kind of Messiah on our hands , probably the same guys who you talk about as preferring some of the options to Zal, have to agree with you there.

As I said in the first post - if Zal goes I think it is an opportunity to improve but he could still offer the improvement if he stays and works away and learns - that is the worry for me as I'm not sure he is willing to accept that.

Buffalo Bill

It was a daft challenge by Zali and probably cost us the chance to win the game, and was one of his worst moments alongside his idiotic sending off v Falkirk in the Scottish cup and his terrible backpass v Rangers last season.

However, over the course of five years, I've really grown to like the guy and appreciate that his good games far outweigh his bad. For me, he is a commanding centre half who strolls through games, is hard as nails and is an excellent capatain.

I'd stand by him, for the Vietnam stare alone.

rossthejambo

Totally disagree

What a load of absolute shite.

jambo_til_i_die

Strange thread condsidering, didn't we go on that 31 pts from 33 run when Zal came back from injury? Must have been coincidence.

Jambosr1985

"Zaliukas just isn't very good. His purple patch (that lasted about ten games) earlier in the season shows what we need from him, we just don't see that often enough.

I really hope he wants away".

Load of jobbies from a so called Hearts fan.

Francis Albert

Strange thread condsidering, didn't we go on that 31 pts from 33 run when Zal came back from injury? Must have been coincidence.

You don't understand Facts and logic have no place in a witch hunt. One of the Witch-hunter Generals has already explained this. Marian Kello, who conceded something like 13 goals in six games without the "bombscare" in front of him, became unbeatable when Zal, throwing his usual grenades, returned.

Similarly, to point out that every other player makes mistakes (even the newly sainted "Webby") is just "desperate".

You'll get the hang of it.

"Zaliukas just isn't very good. His purple patch (that lasted about ten games) earlier in the season shows what we need from him, we just don't see that often enough.

I really hope he wants away".

Load of jobbies from a so called Hearts fan.

Quality.

"So called Hearts fan".

You, Jambosr1985, are my new hero. To attain such a level to be able to bestow "Hearts fan status" to others at your young, young age is really quite special.

:rofl:

Caspian Primrose

nonsense thread. Zali has been consistently our best player this season. OP's annoyed coz of the red card and we didnt pump the Hibs like we should have. fair enough but there is no way any of us should hope to see the back of him.

Drylaw Hearts

nonsense thread. Zali has been consistently our best player this season. OP's annoyed coz of the red card and we didnt pump the Hibs like we should have. fair enough but there is no way any of us should hope to see the back of him.

:stare:

Bert Le Clos

2nd best to Kello

Oh hi BigZal! :wave1:

Just wanted to say, although you royally ballsed things up on Sunday, we're still good.

You're still one of the best defenders in the league. Don't listen to those haters yo! Andrew Considine isn't fit to lace your boots, no matter what anybody says (but you know that anyway).

Hail, our captian, our saviour, our BigZal :notworthy:

Teuchterjambo

Oh hi BigZal! :wave1:

Just wanted to say, although you royally ballsed things up on Sunday, we're still good.

You're still one of the best defenders in the league. Don't listen to those haters yo! Andrew Considine isn't fit to lace your boots, no matter what anybody says (but you know that anyway).

Hail, our captian, our saviour, our BigZal :notworthy:

Haven't seen one person on this thread say they hate Zal so please don't bestow that venom filled emotion onto people who are just giving an opinion and do forgive us for having an opinion different from yours.

:angry:

Bert Le Clos

Haven't seen one person on this thread say they hate Zal so please don't bestow that venom filled emotion onto people who are just giving an opinion and do forgive us for having an opinion different from yours.

:angry:

Don't talk street if you don't know how. I never said people hated Zal, I said they were haters.

Hater: A person that simply cannot be happy for another person's success. So rather than be happy they make a point of exposing a flaw in that person.

Hater: A person that develops a strong dislike for another, solely basing their own opinion on personal judgment rather than objective merit.

Hater: A label applied to people who are more negative than positive when discussing another person. It most commonly refers to individuals whose negativity is so extreme that it is all-consuming. However, there are various levels and forms of being a hater, ranging from completely dismissing any positive traits or actions, to merely painting a less than flattering picture by using words with negative connotations.

No venom filled emotion from me, I ain't no hater. Now get out my ghetto.

Archived