Zalukas - Time and Time Again - Lets us Down (Merged Threads)

Howdy Doody Jambo

are we not bringing in captain fantastic zander diamond to replace him? :whistling:

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drylaw Hearts

He's never looked comfy when he's the lesser player of the CH pairing.

He struggled alongside Berra and he's struggled alongside Webster.

I think he'll go at the end of the season.

Templeton'sUnderpants

Have him off to the Soylent Green factory. One mistake is unacceptable, especially when we can attract players of the calibre of Zander Diamond.

Drylaw Hearts

Have him off to the Soylent Green factory. One mistake is unacceptable, especially when we can attract players of the calibre of Zander Diamond.

I don't think anyone is basing their opinion on just yesterdays mistake.

Ridiculous thread.

Stay, obviously.

:facepalm:

Deary me :vrface:

F.F.S have you forgot the start of the season before big jim got him back in, a must STAY

All of the above !

Templeton'sUnderpants

I don't think anyone is basing their opinion on just yesterdays mistake.

after yesterday,s performance, do we want/need Zal to stay or go?

Certainly seems that way to me, your post on this thread seems to have been the exception and actually looked at past performance I will grant you.

ThomasFlogel

Dont mind, i like him, but id like to see his wages and decide if we can get the same calibre of player for less wages.

Snake Plissken

With Zal out of the team we'd managed just one clean sheet in the SPL and that was against a comically inept Hamilton side.

The amount of clean sheets kept in the league this year which includes both halves of the Old Firm, surely indicates the value of Zaliukas.

He isn't perfect but he's good at this level.

Stay. Not as captain though - the armband should be passed on to Kyle with Webster as his deputy next season.

Bert Le Clos

I'm not sure I agree with this statement, basically because I can't understand it.

I can't see why a player would struggle playing alongside a better player? Surely the opposite should be expected? I think it's more down to Zaliukas and Webster not having played regularly together. Hopefully they will improve as I said on the other ridiculous thread about Zal, they could go on to be a very good defensive partnership once they work out how best to play together.

So stay, obivously.

Being prone to regular ******-ups is not a good quality for a centre half. He cost us the points yesterday due to his stupidity. It will no doubt happen again in the future

Bert Le Clos

Aye but the person you are waiting on providing these names is happy about bringing Diamond into replace him.

Says it all.

Silence speaks volumes doesn't it?

I can't wait for our leader to return, continuing the tradition of great Hearts centre halves :thumbsup:

The thing is - the player wants to go.

And the question is ... where does he think he is going to go to?

Until Zaliukas cuts out his poor decision making, he'll go nowhere bigger than Hearts. Fact. But obviously, keep.

kennyblack'sshot

Zali's a good SPL defender and him and Webster could easily become the best CB partnership in the league - unless we get an offer of a million or two we should not look to get rid of him. He does switch off sometimes or tries to do too much with the ball but he's got decent footballing ability, can pick out a pass well or take the ball for a run when he's on form and is dangerous when pushed up for corners and free kicks. He's not even that dirty a player. He's had a few reds - more than a couple of them soft - but his yellow card record is decent for a supposedly dirty player (again, if you listen to the media).

He's also a good guy with a great sense of humour - which the media just don't get by the way (they seem to think Eastern Europeans don't know how take the mickey like we do) - and he's popular in the dressing room. Take a look at the footage from Sunday's game before and after the game when he's going round shaking the hands of every player before and after the game.

Our defence also noticeably improved when he came back into the team this season.

Stay. Not as captain though - the armband should be passed on to Kyle with Webster as his deputy next season.

Aye, the two least injury-prone players who will be mainstays.

Good thinking batman. :rolleyes:

alwaysthereinspirit

Where will he go and how much will we get for him?

He's still under contract.

I like him.

alwaysthereinspirit

Zal sold the jerseys yesterday.

As in he took a bribe?

He made a stupid decision, what pro hasn't. Fickle doesn't even come close to the $#!t posted on here some days.

Only a Game

Get in! :thumbsup:

I was really hoping, when I asked you to name names, that a man of your obvious intelligence and football knowledge, wouldnt be thinking along the lines of replacing Marius Zaliukas with Zander Diamond.

If it happens mate, that'll come back time and time again to haunt you I'm afraid. Diamond is a fecking diddy not to put too fine a point on it.

C'mon, there's got to be someone else better in the SPL if Zaliukas is so bad.

Diamond isnt a patch on Zal. I'm not having it.

We've actually got a bit of a problem if Zal wants to go and gets to go. We'd either have to pay Bouzid what he wants or find an experienced centre half from somewhere and it would probably need to be outwith Scotland because no-one in the SPL is affordable AND good enough to replace Zaliukas.

How about Balatoni ? Is he anywhere close to being ready for first team football ? How about that young bloke that used to be at Rangers who is now at Liverpool cleaning boots and has next to no chance of ever making it there. Wilson is it ? He'd cost a bob or two but he'd be ideal. What about the young lad at Motherwell who's name escapes me. He might do ? Actually scrub that , he's gone somewhere else. Which brings us back to Frazer Wright I suppose ? No much choice is there ?

kennyblack'sshot

I was really hoping, when I asked you to name names, that a man of your obvious intelligence and football knowledge, wouldnt be thinking along the lines of replacing Marius Zaliukas with Zander Diamond.

If it happens mate, that'll come back time and time again to haunt you I'm afraid. Diamond is a fecking diddy not to put too fine a point on it.

C'mon, there's got to be someone else better in the SPL if Zaliukas is so bad.

Diamond isnt a patch on Zal. I'm not having it.

We've actually got a bit of a problem if Zal wants to go and gets to go. We'd either have to pay Bouzid what he wants or find an experienced centre half from somewhere and it would probably need to be outwith Scotland because no-one in the SPL is affordable AND good enough to replace Zaliukas.

How about Balatoni ? Is he anywhere close to being ready for first team football ? How about that young bloke that used to be at Rangers who is now at Liverpool cleaning boots and has next to no chance of ever making it there. Wilson is it ? He'd cost a bob or two but he'd be ideal. What about the young lad at Motherwell who's name escapes me. He might do ? Actually scrub that , he's gone somewhere else. Which brings us back to Frazer Wright I suppose ? No much choice is there ?

Wilson's getting a game at Liverpool and playing Ok from what I've seen, considering his age. Rangers must be in serious financial doo-doo if they couldn't keep Webster and Wilson - that would have been a very, very good long-term CB pairing.

I still have high hopes for Darren Barr at Hearts. He's just not been able to get a run of games to settle in yet - I think Webster would bring him on. Bouzid is a good squad defender but Zali brings more to the team.

portobellojambo1

Wilson's getting a game at Liverpool and playing Ok from what I've seen, considering his age. Rangers must be in serious financial doo-doo if they couldn't keep Webster and Wilson - that would have been a very, very good long-term CB pairing.

I still have high hopes for Darren Barr at Hearts. He's just not been able to get a run of games to settle in yet - I think Webster would bring him on. Bouzid is a good squad defender but Zali brings more to the team.

This.

Like PTBCAL I've heard that Zaliukas wants to leave, he doesn't want to be here but as no acceptable offer came in during the transfer window he was basically forced to sign up with us again, and when I say forced I don't mean someone was standing holding a gun to his head, it was a case of he had no option because there was nowhere else for him to go.

If he does leave I think rather than thnking about spending money we should look at what we already have at the club, and for me the logical choice to play alongside Webster would be Barr or Ryan McGowan (assuming Bouzid goes as well, there is another thread about him but I've not read it so don't know what has been said).

Money should only be spent if there is nobody at the club who can fill a void, I believe we probably have sufficient options to cover, in fact from his performances for Iceland in central defence I wouldn't be averse to the club finding out if Eggert Jonsson could fill the role, and finally find himself a settled position.

Zal out of position def penalty and red card complete idiot

jesus. chill out everyone.

Clerry Jambo

So we're now playing someone who doesn't want to be here, get rid and welcome Zanny :thumbsup:

Bert Le Clos

So we're now playing someone who doesn't want to be here, get rid and welcome Zanny :thumbsup:

Oh I see. I get it now.

You're trolling.

Epic, well done :thumbsup:

Clerry Jambo

Oh I see. I get it now.

You're trolling.

Epic, well done :thumbsup:

What the hell are you slavering about, some on here need to get out more

As in he took a bribe?

He made a stupid decision, what pro hasn't. Fickle doesn't even come close to the $#!t posted on here some days.

Not a bribe, as in he cost us bigtime.

Bert Le Clos

What the hell are you slavering about, some on here need to get out more

You being one of them. Get out and try watching more football.

We're still waiting on hearing the several more dependable centre halves in the league you were going to give us.

And if Zander Diamond is on that list, don't bother getting out more and watching football as you're clearly a lost cause.

Clerry Jambo

You being one of them. Get out and try watching more football.

We're still waiting on hearing the several more dependable centre halves in the league you were going to give us.

And if Zander Diamond is on that list, don't bother getting out more and watching football as you're clearly a lost cause.

I will humour you just once.........a 41 year old who knows how to read a game and defends like quality defenders should do.

Bert Le Clos

I will humour you just once.........a 41 year old who knows how to read a game and defends like quality defenders should do.

Aye ok.

Even if Weir was better than Zal, which I don't think he is, you've still failed to live up to your claim.

Think the criticisms of Zali are a bit unfair and somewhat over the top. Sure, he makes his fair share of mistakes and some can be pretty costly, but surely no Jambo can question his commitment to the club, his ability as captain on the park, along with the fact that, overall, his strength and enthusiasm at the back, has been way more positive than any failings he may have. He has also consistently been the victim of poor refereeing decisions which have tended to make his " mistakes " more culpable than they actually have been. And I include yesterday's sending off in that catagory. In my view, that was not a goal scoring opportunity, given the fact that the ball was about to land in McDonald's arms. But typically, the Ref couldn't get the red card out quick enough, it being presented to a Jambo. The thought of Diamond being brought in to replace Zali makes me cringe!!

He was stupid to bring the boy down but it was never a red card.

Zali is very good centre half in my opinion and we should keep him as long as he wants to stay. If he does want to go, I'd be wanting ?1M from a Russian side as that's where he'll go.

Teuchterjambo

I am not a Zal fan, never have been ,never will be but I will admit that in general he has performed better this season than I thought he would. If he goes fine, if he doesn't then I can live with that too although wouldn't be my first choice to play with Webster - like Portobello Jambo says we should examine what options we have within before shelling out to take someone in (especially if that someone is ZD).

There is talk that he doesn't want to be at Tynecastle and for me that shows, others willl disagree but I don't see the pride and the passion, what I do see is a touch of arrogance in his performances and I think it is that very arrogance that is his undoing with some of the howlers that afflict his game. He thinks he is a better player than he is and likes to try and play the stroller and he is just not that good and he gets found out. I really think if he looked at Webster and acknowledged that he could learn he might improve a lot but I suspect his nose is out of joint on that one and he will be the loser I'm afraid.

Bottom line - there ain't no queue forming for your services Zal and the best thing you could do is get the head down and learn a bit and just maybe you will become the player you think you are and the big move might come off in the future - everybody wins - no losers.

BTW Tin hat firmly in place.

He was stupid to bring the boy down but it was never a red card.

Zali is very good centre half in my opinion and we should keep him as long as he wants to stay. If he does want to go, I'd be wanting ?1M from a Russian side as that's where he'll go.

Thems the rules though,like it or not it was "a clear goal scoring opportunity",regadless if you or anyone thinks that there is not a chance in hell the guy would have scored he was still in a position to have a go.

Clerry Jambo

Okay for the sake of argument, list 5 central defenders in the SPL that you'd rather have. I'll start you off with Bougherra and I think Webster is a better player, after that I'm a bit stuck.

OAG, just for you Bud :thumbsup:

Weir

Bougherra

Papac ( and yes hes a full back but has played CH )

Craigan

Zander

Considine

Severin

Duberry

Wright

McGregor

Webster

Canning....ok jokin :lol:

Weir

Bougherra

Papac ( and yes hes a full back but has played CH )Craigan

Zander

Considine

Severin

Duberry

Wright

McGregor

Webster

Papac is actually a centre half playing at full back.

portobellojambo1

Weir - Nope

Bougherra

Papac ( and yes hes a full back but has played CH ) - Nope

Craigan

Zander - Nope

Considine - Nope

Severin - Nope

Duberry - Nope

Wright - Nope

McGregor - Not sure who he is, I'm guessing it isn't the Rangers goalkeeper

Webster

Canning....ok jokin :lol:- Agree, you're joking

Rather poor selection CJ, if truth be told.

kennyblack'sshot

Weir

Bougherra

Craigan

Zander

Considine

Severin

Duberry

Wright

McGregor

Webster

This has to be a wind-up. Of those listed only Webster (who we already have) and Bougherra (who we could never afford) would get in ahead of Zaluskis. The ones in bold prove that you are on the wind-up. The others are no more than jobsworth centre-halves. I'd take Zali over them even just for his superior international experience. Plus he's still only 27. To consider someone like Frazer Wright over him at 31 is bizarre. Same goes for Severin, Duberry and Weir. The only defender to fit the bill talent wise and in terms of being able to afford him would unfortunately be Diamond, which I assume is why JJ's looking at him. I still think Zali's a better footballer and person though.

Weir

Bougherra

Craigan

Zander

Considine

Severin

Duberry

Wright

McGregor

Webster

:laugh:

Do not want any of them near our starting line up.

colinmaroon

Lets not also talk rubbish though.

Nobody is saying Zal is world class. He used to make a lot of silly errors due to lapses in concentration however he's largely eradicated these from his game.

The truth is his errors now tend to be few and far between, but because of how he played when he first arrived we get the "he makes too many stupid mistakes he's a bombscare" line trotted out.

All players make the odd mistake. Zal makes the odd mistake, but not half as many as certain people on here would have you believe. He's good enough to play for Hearts and he's good enough to be captain. If we can sign someone better within our budget then brilliant. But I think if you offered Zaliukas to the majority of teams in the SPL they would take him with open arms.

On a good day, which he has more often than a bad day, he's one of the best defenders in the league. Remember who was playing in defence when we went on our winning streak and hardly ever conceded? He make a bad mistake today, but in general he saves us more points than he costs us.

My old Granny used the well known phrase in situations like this, when she would say disparagingly of such ill-informed comment,

"Give a dog a bad name! Some people make up their minds and once they have, no amount of evidence to the contrary will convine them that Fido is now properly trained!"

Underlines that we have so much more knowledge today but a lot less wisdom!

colinmaroon

Weir

Bougherra

Craigan

Zander

Considine

Severin

Duberry

Wright

McGregor

Webster

Craigan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh ma sides!!!

I would be very surprised if you looked at Craigan's career that he wouldn't have a higher % of blunders that cost goals than Zaliukas!

Tommy Wiseau

Weir

Bougherra

Craigan

Zander

Considine

Severin

Duberry

Wright

McGregor

Webster

:rofl:

LOLocaust. Severin and Doooobz FFS. :lol:

Archived