Jim Jefferies

wright1989

Loving todays defeat ? Is there a post anywhere in my posting history where you can evidence that ?

JJ is short on bottle in my opinion. The evidence is there throughout his time as a manager, with one notable exception where he won 5 games in a big tournament. Had it not been for that one exception he'd be seen as an entirely unremarkable manager (which is actually what he is) and almost certainly wouldnt be here for a second spell.

The case is made. Lets hear you refute it sensibly instead of throwing unsubstantiated garbage about like "he is loving todays defeat" because even you know thats not the case.

another belter on the thread alert.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only a Game

Which at a club our size, is impossible! It's like Bolton fans saying "if only we had a manager who had all Owen Coyle and Sam Allardyce's good points, we'd win the league". It's impossible to routinely play polar opposites of styles at a club without huge resources.

Polar opposites ? Variation of the tactics and having a Plan B or Plan C is all that is required. The players we have are capable of beating Rangers, Celtic, St Mirren and Hamilton. Its there in black and white this season. The approach that we took both today and last week at Aberdeen ensured that we didnt beat either of them. Nothing to do with quality of player. Everything to do with attitude, approach and mentality.

Well I suggest you keep buying lottery tickets.

Thats the mindset that has us defeated already. This is probably the reason out of all the Hearts supporters I know only about 20% of them go to games regularly.

We have the potential. FACT.

Frankenstein Jambo.

canni belive this post ffs the guy huz more or ss turned is arounf fae shite tae third best in scotland . kisckback at its best like slating the man the leg fur what> complete and utter fans you bet you were evet at the game ***** ah wuz and we were pish aii but no as bada as shabba lala likes you need to get off eh fthat face book pish and get oan tae some vallies an cam the **** doon. what the **** is wrong wi you we wur pish, aii but how does any ***** no wha the hell we are meant to do with oot kyle un webby an aw the other injured we ae the walking woonded man. thred is pish, like yur breath cos ye guv been sitting in yer boxer. we are nearly wi the old furm bettrer than them next season, sign that bryson n keep temps and wallace kyle and rudi we will be rockin telling ye =gey tha ******* ***** keys away fae they 14 year olds.

Gigolo-Aunt

Thats the mindset that has us defeated already. This is probably the reason out of all the Hearts supporters I know only about 20% of them go to games regularly.

We have the potential. FACT.

Go on then, tell us how we win the league with the budget we have.

And don't just say "win in Glasgow" - if it was that easy, teams would be taking points of them on a regular basis.

another belter on the thread alert.

Actually, what I just seen was you getting owned. :unsure:

kennyblack'sshot

I'd agree with that. We had a manager capable of beating the Old firm not so long ago and no one liked him. Fair enough because he wasnt that great at beating the other teams. This goes to prove that with simply changing to a manager with the right credentials, a mix of the good things about Csaba and JJ if you like, that we could properly challenge over the course of a whole season.

None of this will be possible whilst we have a manager who reflects the opinions of a lot of fans who believe its not possible.

I think it's unfair to put it all on the manager. Brian Clough or Alex Ferguson would struggle to compete with the difference in resources there is between the Of and the rest.

You say the Of aren't that good (and I agree) but look at the difference between their players and ours mentality-wise (as you seem to think mentality is enough to beat them). Our players are youngsters starting out in the game, guys from smaller clubs still proving they can play at a bigger club, guys on the fringes of their international teams still unproven at that level, etc.

Rangers and Celtic are packed with players who have cost lots of money, have played at a high level for a long time and/or are established internationals. They are much more confident in their own abilities than our players and it shows on the pitch. I keep going back to 2005 but that was the difference - we signed players who knew they were good players. To be fair to JJ one thing he has going for him is he does often get the best out of a lower level type of player. I don't know how he'd do with a dressing room packed with internationals.

Only a Game

. Oh, and for the record, because he didn`t have the bottle to challenge the Old Firm Hearts finished miles behind in 3rd in 98 and a huge 7 points behind the winners.

Does this prove my point or your point ?

We bottled the league in 98. Chucked the towel in almost as soon as we qualified for the cup final. Have a look at our results in the last 6 games and get back to me.

shaun.lawson

Polar opposites ? Variation of the tactics and having a Plan B or Plan C is all that is required. The players we have are capable of beating Rangers, Celtic, St Mirren and Hamilton. Its there in black and white this season. The approach that we took both today and last week at Aberdeen ensured that we didnt beat either of them. Nothing to do with quality of player. Everything to do with attitude, approach and mentality.

The above reads like:

"Our players should win every game. If they don't win every game, someone has to pay".

Jim Jefferies has improved us more than any other manager has improved any other SPL club this season. That'll do me, thankyou. He's forgotten more about the game than you'll ever know, and is doing a terrific job, in spite of your predictions to the contrary.

Try asking fellow managers what they think of his record. And try going up to him and telling him he has no "bottle". It's Jim Jefferies who stopped this club being bottlers in the first place!

Unbelievable, again.

canni belive this post ffs the guy huz more or ss turned is arounf fae shite tae third best in scotland . kisckback at its best like slating the man the leg fur what> complete and utter fans you bet you were evet at the game ***** ah wuz and we were pish aii but no as bada as shabba lala likes you need to get off eh fthat face book pish and get oan tae some vallies an cam the **** doon. what the **** is wrong wi you we wur pish, aii but how does any ***** no wha the hell we are meant to do with oot kyle un webby an aw the other injured we ae the walking woonded man. thred is pish, like yur breath cos ye guv been sitting in yer boxer. we are nearly wi the old furm bettrer than them next season, sign that bryson n keep temps and wallace kyle and rudi we will be rockin telling ye =gey tha ******* ***** keys away fae they 14 year olds.

:ermm: What?

Only a Game

I think it's unfair to put it all on the manager. Brian Clough or Alex Ferguson would struggle to compete with the difference in resources there is between the Of and the rest.

You say the Of aren't that good (and I agree) but look at the difference between their players and ours mentality-wise (as you seem to think mentality is enough to beat them). Our players are youngsters starting out in the game, guys from smaller clubs still proving they can play at a bigger club, guys on the fringes of their international teams still unproven at that level, etc.

Rangers and Celtic are packed with players who have cost lots of money, have played at a high level for a long time and/or are established internationals. They are much more confident in their own abilities than our players and it shows on the pitch. I keep going back to 2005 but that was the difference - we signed players who knew they were good players. To be fair to JJ one thing he has going for him is he does often get the best out of a lower level type of player. I don't know how he'd do with a dressing room packed with internationals.

Its not all on the manager. We're also a bit short of quality in key areas. Not much and nothing that couldnt be fixed on our budget.

I'm not asking for a tactical genius because we dont need one. I'm not asking for millions to be spent because we dont have it. What I am suggesting that would improve us most is growing a pair of balls. Either JJ has to grow his own balls or we have to get a manager in with big balls already.

Go on then, tell us how we win the league with the budget we have.

And don't just say "win in Glasgow" - if it was that easy, teams would be taking points of them on a regular basis.

There's no easy way. It would be a gamble at the end of the day but we have a great owner, a fan base for the potential to double our attendances. I know a hell of a lot of Hearts fans that don't come to tynie. We are from Edinburgh! A population equal to some cities in England.

Anyway that's a different debate.

The above reads like:

"Our players should win every game. If they don't win every game, someone has to pay".

Jim Jefferies has improved us more than any other manager has improved any other SPL club this season. That'll do me, thankyou. He's forgotten more about the game than you'll ever know, and is doing a terrific job, in spite of your predictions to the contrary.

Try asking fellow managers what they think of his record. And try going up to him and telling him he has no "bottle". It's Jim Jefferies who stopped this club being bottlers in the first place!

Unbelievable, again.

shaun, we all want the best but some guys take the biccy. Im not saying you have to play the game to understand it, but it helps. I think many who come on here have never competed in their lives or been involved in a team game at any time in their lives.

Its all great to pass judgement once something has happened but if you take it for what it is Jim Jefferies led Hearts out the doldrums in the 90`s and won a cup. We sure as f uck didn`t know that was going to happen when he took over.

Now, he is in the early stages of doing it again. What will we achieve? I don`t know? but he gives us a platform.

If JJ isn`t good enough, who is? and what can that man do any more on our budget than JJ could? what could he squeeze? More money normally gets better quality in mind and body but it doesn`t always guarantee it as we`ve found out pre JJ in the last few years.

If anything he has galvanised some mediocre players with decent ones and made us decent at this moment in time. But some dumb fecks can`t see that.

Only a Game

You've been against JJ from the start so I'd be quiet if I were you mate. Brass neck springs to mind.

Yes I have.

No I wont.

Gigolo-Aunt

There's no easy way. It would be a gamble at the end of the day but we have a great owner, a fan base for the potential to double our attendances. I know a hell of a lot of Hearts fans that don't come to tynie. We are from Edinburgh! A population equal to some cities in England.

Anyway that's a different debate.

So you want Hearts to win the league and are mumping your gums about the tail end of this season, but cant give me a solution?

Denny Crane

And I thought Irvine Welsh posted on Hibs.net! :lol:

shaun, we all want the best but some guys take the biccy. Im not saying you have to play the game to understand it, but it helps. I think many who come on here have never competed in their lives or been involved in a team game at any time in their lives.

Its all great to pass judgement once something has happened but if you take it for what it is Jim Jefferies led Hearts out the doldrums in the 90`s and won a cup. We sure as f uck didn`t know that was going to happen when he took over.

Now, he is in the early stages of doing it again. What we will achieve? I don`t know? but he gives us a platform.

If JJ isn`t good enough, who is? and what can that man do any more on our budget than JJ could? what could he squeeze? More money normally gets better quality in mind and body but it doesn`t always guarantee it as we`ve found out pre JJ in the last few years.

If anything he has galvanised some mediocre players with decent ones and made us decent at this moment in time. But some dumb fecks can`t see that.

What I find worrying is when a manager nullifies our tactics we're quite frankly, ######.

Actually, what I just seen was you getting owned. :unsure:

aye right son, don`t get all cosy because some other numbnut is on with you, deary me.

Denny Crane

Yes I have.

No I wont.

So there!

pepe2.jpg

So you want Hearts to win the league and are mumping your gums about the tail end of this season, but cant give me a solution?

You asked me what I wanted for Hearts, I have told you and I'm sure you understand. Next.

Only a Game

Now, he is in the early stages of doing it again. What will we achieve? I don`t know? but he gives us a platform.

At no point did I say he hasnt improved us. Clearly he has. My point is that he isnt the man to take us that stage further but that we ARE capable of going that stage further.

If we're down to a difference of opinion on

1. Whether Jefferies can take us a stage further (From what I'm hearing you think he can ?)

2. Whether as a club we have the capability of going a stage further.(From what I'm hearing you think we cant ?)

Then I think we can manage that difference of opinion without being referred to as dumb fecks. Dont you ?

Gigolo-Aunt

You asked me what I wanted for Hearts, I have told you and I'm sure you understand. Next.

I want Hearts to win the Champions League but understand how difficult that would be so don't throw the toys out the pram after a poor result v Kilmarnock.

shaun.lawson

Except that what you've asked is impossible. We're losing money as it is; UEFA's new regulations mean we actually have to cut, not spend more; Tynecastle's capacity is 17,000.

But hey, never mind. I'm sure G-A and D4 consider themselves "owned" regardless. :teehee:

aye right son, don`t get all cosy because some other numbnut is on with you, deary me.

I'm not 'getting cosy' as you see I couldn't care less if someone agrees with me or not.

Only a Game

Is childishly offensive your principal tactic in this debate, or just something you gravitated to because you've run out of things to add ?

Gie it a rest mate honestly.

I want Hearts to win the Champions League but understand how difficult that would be so don't throw the toys out the pram after a poor result v Kilmarnock.

Are we going round in circles now?

Is childishly offensive your principal tactic in this debate, or just something you gravitated to because you've run out of things to add ?

Gie it a rest mate honestly.

no, you give it a rest. Its embarrassing the way you pounce after a defeat. utterly cringeworthy and im sick of blinkered fans like yourself. Gladly, theres alot of good lads/posters on here who sometimes i don`t agree/agree with but you get the vibe they know the game.

Gigolo-Aunt

Are we going round in circles now?

Deary deary me.

You have yet to come up with a solution for your grand plan for turning Hearts in to title winners.

Except that what you've asked is impossible. We're losing money as it is; UEFA's new regulations mean we actually have to cut, not spend more; Tynecastle's capacity is 17,000.

But hey, never mind. I'm sure G-A and D4 consider themselves "owned" regardless. :teehee:

So we're meant to just fizzle away with the rest of Scottish football? I thought we were an ambitious club? I'm sure Vlad agrees with me so your opinion is irrelevant... Joke. :P

no, you give it a rest. Its embarrassing the way you pounce after a defeat. utterly cringeworthy and im sick of blinkered fans like yourself. Gladly, theres alot of good lads/posters on here who sometimes i don`t agree/agree with but you get the vibe they know the game.

Posting your opinion off as fact? That's something I thought I only done? :teehee:

shaun.lawson

So we're meant to just fizzle away with the rest of Scottish football? I thought we were an ambitious club? I'm sure Vlad agrees with me so your opinion is irrelevant... Joke. :P

All any football club can do is the best it possibly can. Should the 99.99% of football clubs who never win the title around the world just give up too?

This season, Hearts have done great, and I'm delighted. Your definition of "ambition" appears to be "suicide" - incredible coming from a Hearts fan given the situation we were in before Vlad came along.

As I have said I look at things happening in the present. This was not a knee-jerk reaction it is a combination of things and the manner of our defeat today.

Good assesment IMO.

I believe JJ was trying him out as a target man, that's why two TT's never started.

It wasn't a knee-jerk reaction from me it was the manner of our defeat and the thoughtless substitutions.

GA there you go. I'm not saying it a third time.

Geoff Kilpatrick

ah, a good old day Saturday Kickback fight. Lots of hot air and keyboard hardmen! Great stuff!!

Gigolo-Aunt

So JJ tried something , it never worked.

Sometimes in defeat you learn more from your group of players.

Brace yourself, but JJ is going to make many more mistakes - thats a given. He will get many more right that wrong though.

scott_jambo

This "pretending your pished" patter has gone far enough. Stop it.

As for the debate - it winds me up how much JJ fawns over the OF before we play them - I know deep down he doesn't give a jot about them so why in the media does he attempt this mind game of "Rangers + Celtic are huge, huge clubs, Glasgow is the toughest place to go, Ibrox is a cauldron etc etc..." I don't expect us to beat them over 40 games but in a 1 off game are we all really supposed to be trembling in our boots about Davey Weir and Diouf. It is hardly Gough and Laudrup or even Amorouso.

Apart from this gripe - JJ is doing an excellent job and anyone who is not delighted with the current path Hearts are on are acting like spoilt brats.

Only a Game

Whereas your giving out the vibe that you dont like to be disagreed with, that only your opinion matters and youve decided, presumably through some scientific character assessment made from internet posts( it cant be that you actually know these people) that some of those who disagree with you are good lads and some are numbnuts and dumb fecks.

If you know the game, lets hear you talk about it, instead of throwing random insults about. Without wishing to start actually trading insults with you, Its making you look like an uneducated dick frankly.

Do you continue with an argument that you have commented on over and over because you love the banter or just want all the vlads for keeping it going after you have stated umpteen times about it's just your opinion and your not bothered what folk say?just curious,not looking to start another section for this thread to Vere of course to.

Whereas your giving out the vibe that you dont like to be disagreed with, that only your opinion matters and youve decided, presumably through some scientific character assessment made from internet posts( it cant be that you actually know these people) that some of those who disagree with you are good lads and some are numbnuts and dumb fecks.

If you know the game, lets hear you talk about it, instead of throwing random insults about. Without wishing to start actually trading insults with you, Its making you look like an uneducated dick frankly.

now , now, i was going to apologise but i`ll not bother now. I didn`t say my opinon should be taken as red, but you can have a decent chat disagreeing or agreeing but not venture down the same old routine when a defeat happens, as you do.

All any football club can do is the best it possibly can. Should the 99.99% of football clubs who never win the title around the world just give up too?

This season, Hearts have done great, and I'm delighted. Your definition of "ambition" appears to be "suicide" - incredible coming from a Hearts fan given the situation we were in before Vlad came along.

No, staying in our division winning the 1st division is a good enough achievement for the rest of them. :thumbsup:

The fact is we have the foundation for a good sized football club that could compete in Europe regularly (Europa group stages) with the right set-up. You finish third one season then what? Is that the furthest we can go? I go to Hearts matches with the belief we can do better than third sometime. And all want us to do better. I go to matches every week to support the team and believe we can expand and grow, not just something to do on a Saturday afternoon. The fact is we can be a bigger club although there?s not and obvious way to do to.

Imaging Vlad selling boot-leg DVD's from the back of his car. I bet the majority saying HMFC can't hope for anything else other than third If they seen Vlad at that time would you have believed him if he told you we was going to be very successful?

Don't BS me with stuff like its not possible for Hearts to grow.

That?s for the pessimists.

No, staying in our division winning the 1st division is a good enough achievement for the rest of them. :thumbsup:

The fact is we have the foundation for a good sized football club that could compete in Europe regularly (Europa group stages) with the right set-up. You finish third one season then what? Is that the furthest we can go? I go to Hearts matches with the belief we can do better than third sometime. And all want us to do better. I go to matches every week to support the team and believe we can expand and grow, not just something to do on a Saturday afternoon. The fact is we can be a bigger club although there?s not and obvious way to do to.

Imaging Vlad selling boot-leg DVD's from the back of his car. I bet the majority saying HMFC can't hope for anything else other than third If they seen Vlad at that time would you have believed him if he told you we was going to be very successful?

see, theres a post of yours i agree with.

Do you continue with an argument that you have commented on over and over because you love the banter or just want all the vlads for keeping it going after you have stated umpteen times about it's just your opinion and your not bothered what folk say?just curious,not looking to start another section for this thread to Vere of course to.

It's not me that keeps painting myself with the same brush. Blame the people that keep saying it's a knee-jerk reaction.

shaun.lawson

It is possible for Hearts to grow. But only organically, over a period of generations, thanks to being continually well run, making good decisions, bringing through terrific youngsters and creating a virtuous cycle of success breeding success. Oh, and also via a new Main Stand - regarding which, I'll believe it when I see it. :thumbsup:

It's not me that keeps painting myself with the same brush. Blame the people that keep saying it's a knee-jerk reaction.

No worries,but you know with that statement your setting yourself out as the victim and someone will jump on it.

Only a Game

Anyway, back to the 1998 bottle job you were all dismissing as a myth and having a jolly good time fun poking fun at

Our last 6 league results were

1-1 home to Motherwell (late equaliser from Tommy Coyne)

1-2 away to Hibs (late winner from Kevin Harper)

1-1 home to St Johnstone (lost the equaliser 3 minutes after we had scored late on)

0-3 home to Rangers (complete and utter capitulation in the second half)

2-2 away to Aberdeen (pegged back twice after being ahead)

2-0 home to Dunfermline ( a meaningless game by this time)

This run of results started right after we won the cup semi.

One win (the meaningless one at the end)12 points dropped, 7 of them at home, most of them to teams who finished well below us, and including a defeat from the team who were relegated, a draw at home against the other contenders for relegation and the token horror show against one of the OF.

If this isnt your classic bottle job, especially taking into account the manner in which most of the points were dropped (e.g. half of them from winning positions) can someone explain to me what they mean by a bottle job.

jamboinglasgow

Thank you wright for starting the KB kneejerk reaction thread that will come back to haunt you over the coming weeks. Just like the one started last time we lost to Kilmarnock.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Anyway, back to the 1998 bottle job you were all dismissing as a myth and having a jolly good time fun poking fun at

Our last 6 league results were

1-1 home to Motherwell (late equaliser from Tommy Coyne)

1-2 away to Hibs (late winner from Kevin Harper)

1-1 home to St Johnstone (lost the equaliser 3 minutes after we had scored late on)

0-3 home to Rangers (complete and utter capitulation in the second half)

2-2 away to Aberdeen (pegged back twice after being ahead)

2-0 home to Dunfermline ( a meaningless game by this time)

This run of results started right after we won the cup semi.

One win (the meaningless one at the end)12 points dropped, 7 of them at home, most of them to teams who finished well below us, and including a defeat from the team who were relegated and the token horror show against one of the OF.

If this isnt your classic bottle job, especially taking into account the manner in which most of the points were dropped (i.e half of them from winning positions) can someone explain to me what they mean by a bottle job.

I agree with this to an extent but it needs to be qualified. The Tommy Coyne equaliser that fateful Wednesday night for Murderwell (who were rubbish that season) changed the dynamic. At that point, we went 4 points back and there was a feeling that enveloped the club that that was it. As things transpired, the gruesomes both stumbled over the line and we could have easily closed the gap on them in that run of fixtures but we seemed content to focus on the Cup FInal.

It is possible for Hearts to grow. But only organically, over a period of generations, thanks to being continually well run, making good decisions, bringing through terrific youngsters and creating a virtuous cycle of success breeding success. Oh, and also via a new Main Stand - regarding which, I'll believe it when I see it. :thumbsup:

Of course we can't go all guns blazing and end up shooting ourselves in the foot. I believe Vlad is a good owner and has the ambition to further us. I'm delighted he's our owner, getting proper money for transfers and is in a position to tell joke clubs to get to. (Tims and Huns) Hope he's here for a long time.

We've got it right at the top. It's time to work our way down. :thumbsup:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

We where horrendous today and the man at fault was JJ.

Fact.

At this moment in time I wouldn't be bothered if he walked. He should be fecking embarrassed with himself.

Archived