Jim Jefferies

wright1989

Got it all wrong today, His usual inspired substitutions today, inability to change the shape of the team. Without a target man he's lost. You can tell he was never bothered about getting any higher than third and it's showed in the past couple of weeks. The season is now effectively over.

But he won the Scottish cup so I guess it doesn't really matter...

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you suggest we get rid then?

No but if he was a manager anywhere else rather than Scotland he would struggle.

I also forgot to add the way we set the team out doesn't help the Strikers out, Connor Sammon's goals this season never happened by accident.

Arthur Morgan

Got it all wrong today, His usual inspired substitutions today, inability to change the shape of the team. Without a target man he's lost. You can tell he was never bothered about getting any higher than third and it's showed in the past couple of weeks. The season is now effectively over.

I agree with this. Unfortunately Jefferies never has a plan B.

I agree with this. Unfortunately Jefferies never has a plan B.

No he doesn't and that's worrying.

The most animated he got today was when the 4th official put up 3 minutes on his board.

Tyrion Lannister

Agreed that Jefferies got it wrong today too.

Without Kyle we don't have strikers that are capable of playing on their own, why he persists with it is beyond me.

Whats all that about mate? Your are seriously a mug and always turn up to slag Jefferies after a poor result.

However, i actually agree this time. He should have changed things personel wise and formation wise earlier.

But, did you come on here and praise his tactics after changing to 4-4-2 which led to our best period of play and winner v Rangers at Tynie? Guess not, he`d have just been lucky eh?

JJ is like any good manager, sometimes gets it wrong, mostly gets it right. But again, i think the players have to be accountable today on many aspects.

ToadKiller Dog

Its clear why scottish managers out with the uglies dont have the real belief to go toe to toe with the old firm pretty well 25 years of total dominance has killed that. its a crying shame

Whats all that about mate? Your are seriously a mug and always turn up to slag Jefferies after a poor result.

However, i actually agree this time. He should have changed things personel wise and formation wise earlier.

But, did you come on here and praise his tactics after changing to 4-4-2 which led to our best period of play and winner v Rangers at Tynie? Guess not, he`d have just been lucky eh?

JJ is like any good manager, sometimes gets it wrong, mostly gets it right. But again, i think the players have to be accountable today on many aspects.

Incorrect.

our Link up play from midfield to up front is shocking, Connor Sammon never just miracuasly became a player when JJ left Killie. I'm sorry but I'm not convinced.

kennyblack'sshot

I'm all for criticising people when they get things wrong but what's that supposed to mean?

In his 7 or so years managing Hearts in total, JJ won us the SC and got us to a few finals and put in a decent league challenge in his first spell with a couple of third finishes, and has pretty much secured 3rd by April this season. He pretty much has Hearts where we would hope to be. Anything above that would be us significantly overachieving.

Who would you prefer?

kennyblack'sshot

No but if he was a manager anywhere else rather than Scotland he would struggle.

That doesn't make sense either. He's a manager in Scotland so judge him on what he does here not what he's not doing elsewhere.

Incorrect.

our Link up play from midfield to up front is shocking, Connor Sammon never just miracuasly became a player when JJ left Killie. I'm sorry but I'm not convinced.

Right , thats it then. Jefferies rep hinges on him not making a succes of Sammon. LOL..

Aye, he didn`t know how to link up Colin Cameron and Stepahne Adam or Neil McCann to Jim Hamilton. We only scored goals for fun back then. The there was Fulton and Salvatori who provided too.

You`ve not got a clue Jim.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

We lost a game.

Sack the players. Sack the manager. Sack the board.

Aye, he didn`t know how to link up Colin Cameron and Stepahne Adam or Neil McCann to Jim Hamilton. We only scored goals for fun back then. The there was Fulton and Salvatori who provided too.

You`ve not got a clue Jim.

What about the 21st century Jim, does he have a clue?

Placid Casual

\

Don't you mean "But he has given us an otherwise excellent season so I guess it doesn't really matter..."

No? Just the usual reactionary pish then...

Horatio Caine

I remember the last time Killie came here and beat us (end of October) people were sayinmg similar things about JJ.

Lighten up everyone - yes, we had a bad day today. Every team does. JJ isn't suddenly a poor manager.

We'll come again. Remember, Killie have also been in a poor patch, which they've now climbed back out of.

kennyblack'sshot

Incorrect.

You'd don't think missing Wallace, Kyle, Black and Ruben from our first team could lead to a more disjointed display? Not to mention Webster who had slotted in perfectly, and Driver?

JJ signed Sammon by the way. And Craig Bryson. He made Killie a pretty consistent top 6 team and took them to a Cup Final.

What about the 21st century Jim, does he have a clue?

See above - he did OK at Killie. And doesn't finishing 3rd this year, making some key long-term signings like Kyle, Elliott and Webster, stabilising the playing side of things here and becoming the first manager we've had who seems to be able to work with Romanov count for anything with you?

\

Don't you mean "But he has given us an otherwise excellent season so I guess it doesn't really matter..."

No? Just the usual reactionary pish then...

It`s the done thing amongst the weird in our support mate. The manager is a hero while he`s winning, suddenly he becomes a dumb feck and not got one clue when we get beaten.

I thought he got it wrong but i don`t think he`s short on tactics in general. Every manager gets it wrong sometimes, most times he gets it right.

I knew I would take pelters. :thumbsup:

Regarding the Scottish cup remark I mean people won't critcise JJ the way they would if it was a different manager.

You'd don't think missing Wallace, Kyle, Black and Ruben from our first team could lead to a more disjointed display? Not to mention Webster who had slotted in perfectly, and Driver?

JJ signed Sammon by the way. And Craig Bryson. He made Killie a pretty consistent top 6 team and took them to a Cup Final.

See above - he did OK at Killie. And doesn't finishing 3rd this year, making some key long-term signings like Kyle, Elliott and Webster, stabilising the playing side of things here and becoming the first manager we've had who seems to be able to work with Romanov count for anything with you?

What was the score again. :down:

i think we`ve got a belter on our hands here.

Is that because said something you disagree with?

I thought he got it wrong but i don`t think he`s short on tactics in general..

Are we talking about the same tactical genius that has most on here saying most weeks (win/lose/draw) that we have no plan B?

kennyblack'sshot

I knew I would take pelters. :thumbsup:

Regarding the Scottish cup remark I mean people won't critcise JJ the way they would if it was a different manager.

No, it's because most rational people recognise that JJ is simply the best manager we could possibly have in charge of our club given the rollercoaster of the last few years. He's also a very good SPL manager, a Hearts fan (meaning comments like he's not fussed about us competing for 2nd are nonsense) and we are very lucky to have him. He makes mistakes through the season but having a go at his record in general or the overall job he's currently doing this season is barmy.

Are we talking about the same tactical genius that has most on here saying most weeks (win/lose/draw) that we have no plan B?

No plan B? What did he do versus Rangers at Tynie recently? ach, that`ll just be lucky won`t it? More in hope than anything.

in a nutshell, JJ gets players(most of the time) to give the right input and attitude in a game. He`s given players a boost by bringing a more attacking outlook to the club and made players enjoy the game again.

In that we`ve had better results. Most of us always felt it wouldn`t take Hearts much to regain their rightful place in the top 3 if we had a proper, driven management set-up and added some decent quality in the right areas...and so far we have proved that.

I`d hate to see this place if it existed and was as popular 13, 14 years ago. Even in JJ`s first spell we had the odd poor result or performance but for most part we performed, had some entertaining players and finished in the higher reaches of the league.

But obviously its natural or irresistable for some to always pick away and look for faults in what is a largely positive set up we have.

Think it's ******* ridiculous that since Killie turned us over on our own patch months ago we have went on a good run... Then as soon as they are back at Tynie we fall apart again and that fat ******* fin gets a win against us ... again!

JJ fecked up big time.

Is it true Bryson and Eremenko ran the show and we couldn't get any service to our non existent strikeforce... It was like Hearts of old from what I heard.

Stevenson off for Elliott, Elliot off for Glen. How was that meant to change the game? Why bring Denis out of the u19's for him to sit on the bench. I actually think JJ is that obsessed with playing a target man he tried to give Elliot that job. Genius. :rolleyes:

Everyone has been relatively nice to me so far, just wait until people get home from the pub...

kennyblack'sshot

Our currently injury and suspension list - Kyle, Driver, Webster, Obua, Ruben, Black, Wallace, Barr. I bet JJ and most of us would have six of those as first-team starters for any game so that means 6 of our best players are missing. I defy anyone to take the best six players out of any team in the SPL and not see a difference in results and quality of performance.

No plan B? What did he do versus Rangers at Tynie recently? ach, that`ll just be lucky won`t it? More in hope than anything.

in a nutshell, JJ gets players(most of the time) to give the right input and attitude in a game. He`s given players a boost by bringing a more attacking outlook to the club and made players enjoy the game again.

In that we`ve had better results. Most of us always felt it wouldn`t take Hearts much to regain their rightful place in the top 3 if we had a proper, driven management set-up and added some decent quality in the right areas...and so far we have proved that.

I`d hate to see this place if it existed and was as popular 13, 14 years ago. Even in JJ`s first spell we had the odd poor result or performance but for most part we performed, had some entertaining players and finished in the higher reaches of the league.

But obviously its natural or irresistable for some to always pick away and look for faults in what is a largely positive set up we have.

So beating Rangers was the be all and end all of any criticism? Get a grip sunshine.

This poster said he would be delighted when Jefferies failed.

This poster was proper involved in Jefferies love when we were at the height of our run.

Now that we are clear in third, this poster is back having a pop at Jefferies.

Some people, eh.

kennyblack'sshot

Stevenson off for Elliott, Elliot off for Glen. How was that meant to change the game? Why bring Denis out of the u19's for him to sit on the bench. I actually think JJ is that obsessed with playing a target man he tried to give Elliot that job. Genius. :rolleyes:

Everyone has been relatively nice to me so far, just wait until people get home from the pub...

What's this target man thing? Do you think Hearts have been lumping balls up to a big man all season as our main strategy? It's happened during periods of certain games - usually when we're chasing the game, but over the season Hearts have been playing a pretty fluid formation involving Temps, Elliott and Skacel supporting a lone striker. Our league position, high number of goals scored and variety of goalscorers compared to the last few seasons suggest it's worked.

Our currently injury and suspension list - Kyle, Driver, Webster, Obua, Ruben, Black, Wallace, Barr. I bet JJ and most of us would have six of those as first-team starters for any game so that means 6 of our best players are missing. I defy anyone to take the best six players out of any team in the SPL and not see a difference in results and quality of performance.

Kello

Jonsson

Zal

Bouzid

CT

Mrowiec

Stevenson (JJ signing)

Temps

Skacel

Suso

Elliott (who is also a JJ signing should have started)

Looks like a pretty good team to me. The way JJ has gone about. (securing 3rd then we can enjoy the rest of the season?)

For this reason as third is virtually secured JJ's words of wisdom have truly sunk into the playing squad.

gorgie rd eh11

No, it's because most rational people recognise that JJ is simply the best manager we could possibly have in charge of our club given the rollercoaster of the last few years. He's also a very good SPL manager, a Hearts fan (meaning comments like he's not fussed about us competing for 2nd are nonsense) and we are very lucky to have him. He makes mistakes through the season but having a go at his record in general or the overall job he's currently doing this season is barmy.

:bravo:

This poster said he would be delighted when Jefferies failed.

This poster was proper involved in Jefferies love when we were at the height of our run.

Now that we are clear in third, this poster is back having a pop at Jefferies.

Some people, eh.

I tell you what you can do [MOD EDIT]

You made me laugh. Thanks.

So beating Rangers was the be all and end all of any criticism? Get a grip sunshine.

sunshine? haha, feck off son. Is nickleodeon no still on?

kennyblack'sshot

What about the Killie away win in January? The 5-0 demolition of Aberdeen? Our derby record under JJ? The fact that our discipline is like night and day compared to other seasons? The sticking with one goalie and not rotating them like Csaba? Our excellent defensive record?

The only thing I would criticise JJ (and other recent Hearts managers) for is that our record in both cups recently has been abysmal.

Wright1989

More like Wrong1989! Amirite?

:verysmug:

Is that about the third time you've said that?

If you don't still attend school I'd be suprised. :thumbsup:

kennyblack'sshot

You made me laugh. Thanks.

Right so, bearing in mind the fact that we are Hearts and not the OF or an English EPL or Championship club, and so don't have the status and budget of teams in those leagues, who would you prefer we had?

Colin Calderwood, Jimmy Calderwood, Billy Reid, Mixu P, Danny Lennon, Derek McInnes, Craig Broon, Mark McGhee, Yogi Hughes, Gus McPherson?

You are a..[mod edit]]

...because I remind you of your comments?

It's a real shame you feel that way, such feelings will push me over the edge, really.

Oh, and whilst on this, I can confirm that, unlike you, I am not delighted tonight. I am a Hearts fan though, what team do you support Wright1989?

shaun.lawson

wright1989 imploding and breaking down in tears before our very eyes.

:omg!:

shaun.lawson

You are a..[mod edit]

Actually, he's a top poster.

Pro tip: you're not. :thumbsup:

Actually, he's a top poster.

Pro tip: you're not. :thumbsup:

Actually dude, I am gonna leave him be.

I have just remembered that recently, he started a thread about his life. In this thread, I with all sensitivity and honesty tried to help the dude. As much as you can over an internet website that is, and now he is calling me a stroker. :(

Next time he is on the cusp of suicide, I won't be rushing to save him.:thumbsup:

Carl Spackler

I'm saying no more on this thread other than SHUT YOUR HOLE.

I may say. I'm a good Hearts supporter I have a season ticket and will renew it next year.

But unlike the majority of you I don't tug myself while looking a Hearts badge and I prefer sexual intercourse to football, sadly most of the members of Kickback would rather attend a Hearts charity event that their wedding. People call Kickback posters a bunch of self loving p r i c k s, they are not wrong. You love to team up in little cyber groups and pick off anyone who doesn't agree with you. ..

I'm not going to post on this thread again so you can't call a cyber attack on me and feel proud of yourselves. Then you could go to sleep tonight with a big grin on your face. :thumbsup:

Edit. A few people I actually like on here, not many though.

I may say. I'm a good Hearts supporter I have a season ticket and will renew it next year.

But unlike the majority of you I don't tug myself while looking a Hearts badge and I prefer sexual intercourse to football, sadly most of the members of Kickback would rather attend a Hearts charity event that their wedding. People call Kickback posters a bunch of self loving p r i c k s, they are not wrong. You love to team up in little cyber groups and pick off anyone who doesn't agree with you. ..

I'm not going to post on this thread again so you can't call a cyber attack on me and feel proud of yourselves. Then you could go to sleep tonight with a big grin on your face. :thumbsup:

stop talking the same shite over and over again about JJ after a defeat then you might get some reasoned views on what you are saying....

Its clear you don`t like him and will never acknowledge anything good he does. Most of the other posters on here criticise/praise JJ accordingly, not stick to one view and its the be all or end all.

Archived