• Created
  • Last Reply
mahgrassyshoes

Duhhhhhhhhhh.

Sack JJ and bring back Laszlo.

GTF :verymad:

Korobochka surely :ninja:

Francis Albert

"Winning mentality" sounds like a nothing-phrase that armchair fans and pundits alike come up with in their desperation to fill their dull lives with football "analysis".

You mean the sort of thing that fills up football message boards?

But I take your point. It's an unhelpful phrase. How about "right attitude" - it's much the same thing.

"Winning mentality" sounds like a nothing-phrase that armchair fans and pundits alike come up with in their desperation to fill their dull lives with football "analysis".

You mean the sort of thing that fills up football message boards?

But I take your point. It's an unhelpful phrase. How about "right attitude" - it's much the same thing.

By "much the same thing" do you mean the "right attitude" is a nothing-phrase as well?

Charlie-Brown

By "much the same thing" do you mean the "right attitude" is a nothing-phrase as well?

I think things like winning mentality or correct attitude are descriptions of attributes that 'winning' teams have rather than a causality afterall it is possible to be not very good at fitba but still have what would be described as the right attitude or mentality and still be a tricky opponent even though they might still lose more often than they win.

Chris Benoit

Rossthejambo and frenchie.

Oh the iorny. :lol:

Something tells me your grasp of irony is on par with Alannis Morrisette

Vlad's Withering Glare

I think things like winning mentality or correct attitude are descriptions of attributes that 'winning' teams have rather than a causality afterall it is possible to be not very good at fitba but still have what would be described as the right attitude or mentality and still be a tricky opponent even though they might still lose more often than they win.

What does that even mean? I see the word "still" a lot, but that's about it.

If you lose more often than you win, odds are you're not a particularly "tricky player/team".

Francis Albert

No. I think most fans recognise when a team or player is playing with the right attitude. And most consider it can have an impact on the outcome.

Whether you have concerns about our attitude or not I think we are beginning to labour a quite simple point.

Archived