Footballers in real life

Smack

I spent some time raking through the bins and hiding in the sheds of Tepi Moilanen, Andy Tod, Samuel Cammazola, Derek Lilley and Darren Beckford. I was also prone to stealing their washing. I only wanted to speak to them. They were my favourites. But every one, bar none, came over a bit unfriendly when we did finally meet. What was the problem?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darren Jackson - Friendly and funny. Which was annoying because he was at the Hobos at the time.

Met loads of others and most are totally sound but unfortunately there's been the odd occasion when I've met a Hearts player who turned out to be a bit of a git;

Scott Leitch - Whiny voiced, Weedgie arsehole

Wayne Foster - Surly and rude

Ally Mauchlen - Ginger haired, moustachioed, ignorant, arrogant, horrible twerp.

I met Dave MacKay in my local pub about 5 years ago. We were in watching the Champoionship Play Off Final and he was there with a group of people, one of which I knew. I was wearing a maroon T-shirt (not a Hearts one) and when I walked past he commented on the colour. When the guy who I knew told him my name and that he would know my grandad, Dave MacKay spent 10 minutes going on about playing youth football in Edinburgh with my grandad and talking about games and trophies etc. Spoke very kindly of my grandad who we had lost about 6 months before that day. I was close to exploding at that point. He asked me if I was a Hearts supporter like my grandad and when I said I was he beemed a smile and said "Good Boy" and shook my hand. I was getting scraped off the roof at that point.

An absolute gentleman. There are plastic legends, kiddy on legends, legends then Dave MacKay.

Talked to Berra in Tescos after a(nother) win over Hibs - Seemed like a good guy

Met Henry Smith when he was working as a delivery guy. Seemed a bit sheepish (in a non-aberdonian kind of way :whistling: )

The Old Tolbooth

When I was in college I became friendly with girl in the class. one night i was invited to her house for tea - almost fell over when her dad came into the dining room - it was gilles rousset.

He found my staring and complete disbelief very funny and laughed. Lawrie told him I was a hearts fan and he said "ahh maybe you can bring my daughter to watch me" to which I replied "yes of course sir.......rousset......mr rousset" again he was laughing "call me gilles" - I will never forget that 1st meeting or the many hospitality tickets he gave us!!

I absolutely love that story, it made me laugh out loud :D

I've met Andy Driver a couple of times and he's a lovely guy, very polite and down to earth, a real credit to the club and his parents. I met John Brough after the Hamilton match earlier in the season after hospitality in the Tynie Arms, and he was an absolute gentleman too, and a right good laugh (loved his tache!!)

I met Gary Mackay at Perth races, he was a bookie! It was the same day we drew Celtic in the next round of the League Cup and he was gutted calling it a fix :lol:

I met Kevin Thomas in Gala when he played against the Fairydean in a friendly for Hearts, and a bigger tosser you couldn't meet.

I also remember meeting a few of the older squad from the 80's at Longstone Hearts SC at a function, John Colquhoun was sound and sat with us for ages and chatted away, McPherson was quiet but a dark horse as he was shagging one of the lassies on our bus and wasn't drinking, Robbo was getting pished and was a bit arsey to be honest but nothing out of hand, Jimmy Sandison was a bit of a prat but it was right at the time when we won in Vienna and he was a bit of a hero (for the only time), and Kenny Black was an absolute nugget, but not in a bad way, he was funny as feck with a huge kipper tie on which he took a major slagging for, he was completely wrecked hogging the mic singing Hearts songs, and even told everyone to tone down the usual party songs at the time cos Colquhoun gets offended easily as a dhim :lol:

My biggest regret is missing out on meeting Kenny Dalglish, our football team (Gala Fairydean U16's) were down in Liverpool for a stadium tour and also took in Preston NE on the way. The tour was over and we were told that the bus was leaving in around an hour, so I went for a wander with another lad around the Anfield area and found an old programme shop, and they actually stocked Hearts programmes, so I bought some and returned back to the bus ****** a hoop with my new purchase which was for my favourite Scottish club, bought outside the ground of my favourite English club, I couldn't get my head around it. However, my elation was well and truly stamped on when I went back to the bus to be told that I'd just missed the king himself as he came out and was on the bus talking to everyone, I felt like crying :( It was a long trip home!

Johanes de Silentio

Lee Wallace is a arrogant ned outside of football, most of his mates are pondlife!!

Yes, I'm afraid that's very much the case.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Met quite a few Hearts players over the years, remember Dave Mackay at a POTY dance being the life and soul. Freddie Glidden also a gent. Robbo, Gary Mackay, Berra, Neilson, Jankasukas were all sound. Once when I was like 15 I saw Jean Louis Valois in the St James Centre, it was just after the 5-1 hibs game. I had my Hearts top on at the time, ran into a stationary shop got a pen then caught up with him and got my top signed. Great guy, probably thought I was a right stalker!

Some random ones are..

Carlos Alberto: Met him at a fundraising dinner down here in Jersey last summer. Got him to sign my 1970 Brazil top, absolute top bloke, spoke great english. The other two guys were Ossie Ardillies (signed an Argie top for me, bit quite but pleasant) and Kenny Sansom (he was a last minute replacement for Eusabio-I didnt have an England top funnily enough for him to sign but he was sound-even if the large contingent of Jersey's Portuguese/Maderian community were quite disappointed having turned up to see Eusabio!)

Gavin Rae and Jamie McNaughton: I went to uni at Cardiff and standing outside CIA to see Oasis a couple of years back these two were behind me, got my pic taken and chatted away with JM, he was a nice enough guy.

Terry Butcher, Gary Caldwell, Jim Stewart: These guys were wandering about Amsterdam day afore the 3-0 game when Burley was in charge. They were getting a lot of photo/autograph requests but seemed to be quite chilled out, enjoying the sights

Met a load when I was younger and working in a nightclub and then a couple of bars:

Dwight Yorke used to come in with Latapy. Both were top blokes as was Franck Sauzee.

Mixu was a total to55er and forever getting chucked out, usually complaining the manager was a 'dirty Orange B'. He wasnt.

Kenny Miller - Another erse.

Mickey, Flogel - Really nice.

Stevie Crawford - Was having a staff night out and I was a bit gished. Thought to myself 'thats Stevie Crawford', not realising I had actually shouted it! Ended up having a few drinks with him, getting more drunk and generally having a good time.

Barry Ferguson - You couldnt meet a bigger d**k in your life. Needed to have two heavies next to him at all times to save himself from getting a kick in.

Scott Brown and Kevin Thomson - Broon acted like a billy big biscuits and was really unpleasant to be around. Thomson, on the other hand, was an absolute gentleman. Really quietly spoken and polite.

Stuart Lovell - Probably the best punter I ever had. Willing to chat about anything and another absolute gentleman.

Outside the bar:

John Collins - Met him randomly at some function and I thought he was rather decent as well.

I concur with Dave Mackay as well.

Wasnt keen on Gary Mackay when I met him. Felt he was a bit full of himself.

The real JC was tops though. When he was rector of Edin Uni, he found the time to come to our Summer School class, which was being held at the uni, and present the 'graduation' awards. Found time to chat to everyone and even remembered me from standing at the tunnel getting his autograph every week!

When I stayed in Gorgie I used to see Ruben, Miko, Chesney and Eggert in Sainsburys all the time, too big a chicken to actually speak to them though.

Saw Clum in Cav one night when I was younger and he is an absolute prick tbh.

When I was 15(many moons ago) Drew Busby picked me up in my hometown(Armadale) on his way through to training. Took me to Tynie and showed me round. Got some pics taken, met players etc. Then dropped me off in Armadale afterwards. Got back in touch with him a few years ago. Went through to his pub in Dumbarton with a few friends. Wouldn't let us buy a drink. I drink bacardi. He brought a bottle of bacardi plus mixers to the table. Then sat beside us all,brought a box of paper cuttings, programmes, photos and lots of other stuff(or as he called it 'my crap' lol)for us to look at and rolled off story after story for the next three hours. I was totally wrecked by the end of the night as he kept topping up my glass! Then a couple of years later he took my pal Margaret and me to the friendly match against Sunderland. Words cannot describe how much of a gentleman the Buzzbomb is. Sheer class.

Met JJ a few times too. Total gent aswell!

Lynn :ninja:

PS. How predictable am I? :rolleyes:

I'm fairly pleasant and mild mannered but on a football pitch I am 100% ar**hole. We've all got perceptions of players based mostly on their behaviour on the pitch. One of my mates met Neil Lennon in a bar a few years back and said he was pretty sound.

I've met a few, Robbo is a gentleman, Jim Hamilton is down to earth, Darren Jackson was a bit of a ******.

Jamie McAllister always seemed terrified when normal people spoke to him and resorted to cliches as if he was doing a press interview.

Graeme Smith seems a bit nervous of talking about football but is quite personable, maybe a bit aloof.

David Xausa (sp?) St Johnstone, Livi and Canada was a proper weirdo.

I quite often see the Livingston lads before a game and they seem pretty well behaved.

A hibee mate once met big Gilles and said he was different class.

Anyone else got any (better!) stories of footballers in real life?

Given that I am the guy who met Neil Lennon, I'd best confirm that was indeed a gent and displayed a good sense of humour.

Kev, I can't believe you failed to mention crazy Eric Deloumeaux and his smoking hot missus.

Several encounters with Jose Quintongo suggest he's the happiest man on Earth.

Played golf with Gary Locke at a charity day a few years back when he was playing for Killie. Sound guy, we spent the whole round talking about the Jambos!

Is it even possible to form any sort of circle round Christian Nade?

Yeah, it's known as an 'orbit'....

I met Juan Seb Veron at SeaWorld in Florida a few years ago and he is bloody massive!! It was not long after he left Man U. Got a pic of him with the wee cousins and even though he was out with his family he happily chatted away for a few minutes.

He's got some properly crazy tattoos on his arms as well.

Good Guys

Alan McLaren, Craig Levein, Alex McLeish, Lockie, Jimmy Sandison, Gilles, Robbie Nielson, Paul Kane, Scott Brown,Gordon Marshall (both them), Kenny Dalglish, Walter Kidd, Rab Douglas, Tosh McKinlay, John Colquhoun, Lee Wilkie, Steven Boyack Scott Crabbe, Stuart Lovell, Jose Quitongo, Henry Smith, Yannick Zambernardi, Bertie Auld, Gordon Strachan (though I know he can be a tool sometimes), Michael Stewart

Winkers

Chic Young (I know, no a footballer), Andy Watson, Calum Milne, Willie Miller (Hibs), Riordan, Eddie May, Ally Mauchlen, Berti Vogts, Andy Walker, Mo Johnston, Steven Simmons, Scott Nisbet, Christian Dailly (though this is mainly based on the fact he spent 15 minutes hogging the toaster at the hotel), Louis van Gaal, Graeme Souness

ALSO met gary Mackay, In a traffic jam with my mate coming back from a Aberdeen vs hearts game, he was in the next lane stopped beside us, he kept looking round and then he pulled his window down , so we did and had a deep conversation about the game etc. Think he was bored in the car on his own and wanted some chat

Never actually met him, but saw Mixu getting huckled out of Fingers when he played for the wee team. He had just been sick all over the bar. Asked a guy standing next to him what happened and he said he heard Mixu had been drinking pints of straight vodka.

What an absolute Ramjet!

p.s. Met John Colquhoun and Darren Jackson at an Oasis concert at Ingliston in 96. They were sound. JC's fave Oasis tune at the time was Roll with It if I remember correctly...

Roddy MacDonald..............great guy. Blethered to me & my mates for ages even though we were kids.

Chris Robertson...............see above.

Cammy Fraser................pr1ck.

Willie Gibson................great guy.

Willie Johnson...............great guy.

Robbo...........first time...pr1ck....every other time, great guy. Must have had a bad day.

Stephen Frail...............great guy.

Gary McKay..................great guy.

Best of the lot though......Scott Crabbe.

I was down visiting a friend in London last year and we were wandering around Harrods, anyway I was a bit distracted with all the handbags, when I bumped into someone by mistake so I turn around to apologise but was rendered speechless as I was faced with Cesc Fabregas (was in with his girlfriend). He apologised to me and gave me a big smile... my friend couldn't understand why I just stood gawping as she had no idea who he was.

Oh and I have my tin hat on for this but.... Alan Combe is actually a really decent bloke :ninja:

Work in a shop in Bearsden; basically the OF stomping ground. Have met the following. Tony Mowbray: quiet but affable. Peter Grant: polite and keen to chat. Billy Stark: arrogant, billy big boots. Neil Alexander: fairly quiet but a good guy. Steven Davis: really sound and down to earth. Andy Webster: OK I suppose, has more credit cards than I could imagine possible. And last but not least Kyle Lafferty: the most rude, disrespectful scrotum I've had the displeasure of serving

Theres another Jambo in bearsden???? thought me and my brother were the only ones! As you said though all the OF players around this area. Seen lafferty afew times in his bentley. Webster in Asda once.. Never went and talked to either, just shouted abuse at lafferty!

Met quite a few Hearts players over the years, remember Dave Mackay at a POTY dance being the life and soul. Freddie Glidden also a gent. Robbo, Gary Mackay, Berra, Neilson, Jankasukas were all sound. Once when I was like 15 I saw Jean Louis Valois in the St James Centre, it was just after the 5-1 hibs game. I had my Hearts top on at the time, ran into a stationary shop got a pen then caught up with him and got my top signed. Great guy, probably thought I was a right stalker!

Some random ones are..

Carlos Alberto: Met him at a fundraising dinner down here in Jersey last summer. Got him to sign my 1970 Brazil top, absolute top bloke, spoke great english. The other two guys were Ossie Ardillies (signed an Argie top for me, bit quite but pleasant) and Kenny Sansom (he was a last minute replacement for Eusabio-I didnt have an England top funnily enough for him to sign but he was sound-even if the large contingent of Jersey's Portuguese/Maderian community were quite disappointed having turned up to see Eusabio!)

Gavin Rae and Jamie McNaughton: I went to uni at Cardiff and standing outside CIA to see Oasis a couple of years back these two were behind me, got my pic taken and chatted away with JM, he was a nice enough guy.

Terry Butcher, Gary Caldwell, Jim Stewart: These guys were wandering about Amsterdam day afore the 3-0 game when Burley was in charge. They were getting a lot of photo/autograph requests but seemed to be quite chilled out, enjoying the sights

Seeing the man who scored the greatest goal I have ever seen, I think I would have burst!!

blondejamtart

Met Craig Gordon a few times and he's always been lovely - really down to earth and approachable. My son's a keeper and Craig was his hero, so he was really nervous when he met him for the first time (Craig was presenting him with an award) but he took time to chat to him and wish him well for the future. He's met him a couple of times since and Craig remembered him and was great - even signed his Hearts keeper's top with a personal message.

A few years back I took both my kids to Riccarton to watch the training, and we were across watching the keepers (at that time, it was Gordon, Steve Banks, Jamie Mac and Harry Bjornsson, the young Icelandic lad). All four were really nice, but Harry seemed amazed when my daughter asked for his autograph - he kept asking: "Are you sure you don't want to speak to Craig?"

Also met Andy McNeill, the former Hibs keeper, when he presented prizes at my son's goalkeeping school - amazingly, he didn't drop the trophies when he handed them over, and was a good enough sport to pose for a pic with my son, who had deliberately worn his Hearts keeper's top when he knew who was doing the presenting.

I met John Colquhoun in 1998 and I found him a bit off, sadly, and he sort of put me off wanting to meet any of my old heroes. Pity, because I loved him as a player.

I met Fraser Wishart once and he was an absolute bell-end.

Anyway, on to the good guys.

Gary MacKay, great bloke, really friendly and chatty, very helpful to me personally.

Steve Banks, lovely guy, very down to Earth, pity how his Hearts' career ended.

Stevie Fulton, very friendly again too.

Jimmy Sandison, very nice guy.

Dave McCreery, gent.

Walter Kidd, humble and friendly.

Alan McLaren - total lad and funny as ****.

Ally McCoist, seemed decent, as did Durrant.

Alex Young, nice old geezer, very shy when considering he was one of the greatest players of his generation.

Stefano Salvatori - pulled up for a chat, seemed a bit lonely.

Some odd ones - Hans Eskilsson, sounded by bursd is Montpelliers.

Gary Williams - Looked depressed!

Both Darren Jackson and Andy Goram lived across the road from 2 of my aunties in Bonnyrigg and Penecuik respectively and were really nice and happy to talk away Including taking my pal from school (hibee) down to meet Darren Jackson and playing football with Andy Goram one Xmas day . Top blokes

Mind also when I was at Jewel and esk college in Eskbank walking through the Industrial estate had many a banter with Alan Mclaren

Buffalo.

I've met JC a few times and he is a really good bloke.

I suspect he may have just been having an off day

maroonplatoon87

Met Banks & Gordon in our local a few years ago, both top blokes, Banks spoke to us for ages.

Also Stevie Frail bought us drinks once on a works night out a few years back- was happy to talk all things Hearts.

Gary Locke at Hospitality last season, came over, brung a massive tray of beers wi him and said dig in lads, sat with us for ages, then McKay sat with us and ripped us for our antics in Zagreb.

We went out for a meal at Bar Roma (bout 10 of us) after the 2-0 (h) v Hibs when McNeil dropped one. In walks Big Zal, Isvaskevicius and Velicka. We were all singing the Hearts songs and Zal was loving it, applauding all the way through.

I've got 3 neighbours who are all current players [All Ex Jambos as well....]

All seem top blokes as well...only had real conversations with 2 out of the 3 tho.....just a passing hello from the 3rd...

Patrick Bateman

I once saw Michael Pospisil in Asda at chesser. He had tropicana and milky ways. True story.

Ronaldo (the brazilian one) - managed to get his autograph in Ibiza. Despite his minders attempting to not let us near him he motioned us over and signed our club tickets and shook our hands. Didn't speak a word though!

Bobo Balde - seemed sound as a pound. Would not mess with him!

Lennon and Stephen McManus - met them at Hamilton races and both seemed good guys. McManus seemed to know his horses and spoke with us about his fancies.

Jamie MacDonald - he's a friend of mine so i suppose i have to say he's alright!

Gary Locke - Legend!

Had a few games of pool and couple of drinks with Gaza,he was sound.

Met Gary Mickey a few times,always says hello if he walks past.

Lee Wallace is a arrogant ned outside of football, most of his mates are pondlife!!

everyones entitled to their opinion but cant agree with that statement. fair enough Lee has been in bother a couple of times in the past but he has learned from these incidents and I'm amazed to see someone say he is arrogant, he always has time to speak to any fans when they want a chat / picture / autograph

He is always working to improve his game and is in the gym 4 or 5 nights a week in his own time including saturdays after each game. I could count on one hand how many times Lee has been out drinking in the last 12 months. That attitude definitely doesnt indicate arrogance to me.

Alex Mcleish ...in brussels airport on the way back from the World cup .He Had a van Halen Tshirt on , came over and spoke to boys (nearly all Jambos ) He was Hibs manager at the time ...Asking how we got on , what we had been up to Total Gent ...picture with the boys showing there hearts tattoos ( the 2 that had ) laughing.

:thumbsup: Top guy

Where do I start,

Neil Berry,tosser just sat trying to rip the pi55 out of my wife,

Eammon Bannon,absolute gent,

Walter Kidd,as above and a right good laugh,

Gary MacKay,really decent bloke,

Robbo,legend always had time to talk,(as did Tracey)

Craig Levein,very pleasant,you could tell there was always a very serious side to him,

Dave Mcpherson,always pleasant,

Mike Galloway,a drinking mate from years gone by,nuff said,(shagged my ex burd)

Scott Crabbe,used to stand near us in the terraceings when he wasn't playing now and again,

Mo Johnston,baw bag,was so far up his own arse it was not true,but he was right good mates with Robbo and Goram.

Ricardo Fuller,pr1ck,the only word I can use,

Colin cameron,okay,

Stevie Fulton,absolute gent,stood for about an hour talking about football at one of our dances,

Paul Hartley,smart arse,if it wasn't for him playing for Hearts at the time he would have got chased,

Steven Pressley,top top bloke,was always ready to listen,

And many more.

Met Miko, I was legless and he was sober (or appeared to be). Really sound, stopped and talked to me and my mate for a bit got a couple of photos with him.

"Met" Riordan and his pals in Walkabout one night. I say met, I was standing at the end of the night finishing my beer and he staggered up reekin and asked if I wanted to "go to a party", lol. To be fair there was no grief from him or his mates when I said that only if there would be Hearts songs playing on the cd player.....but then again I have been told I look like a lunatic so may have had something to do with it.

Didnt meet Walter Kidd, but he used to date my auntie years ago. Seemingly my grandad gave him a bit of a slap for acting like a ****....but that would have been donkeys ago when he was a young lad.

Said before, Tommy Harrison used to be my boss a few years ago - good lad.

Met Sandy Clark at Edinburgh Airport once and had a good blether with him. He also signed an autograph and had my photo taken with him. Top, top man!

Shook Wayne Foster's hand. He was at the end of the queue for the ATM at Ardmillan and I'd just finished so had to shake the hand of the man that scored THAT goal. Seemed a decent bloke.

Stephane Adam likewise, I was outside the Tynie Arms having a cig, when he walked by. Stopped for a wee blether and a hand shake. Top man.

Robbo. Was in his bar after a Supporters Club do at the Gorgie Suite. Spoke for ages about all sorts and then he gave me an autograph which on which he wrote a note to my then missus explaining that it was his fault I was late as he had been at the bar with me all night. This word is used far too frequently these days and in the wrong context, but Robbo IS a legend.

Met miko a few times,once when we were at firpark he was injured,he was sitting a few rows in front of me i went over to speak to him and get my photo taken with him,my mate messed up with the camera so when i went back again to ask for another photo he duly obliged,he was happy enough to pose again.Also met ruben a few times and when his wife was pregnant he told me they were having a girl,spoke to him at the rally last week and told him he made me laugh with those red cards he seems to get even though he isnt the most volatile player we have.Once i met neil Mcann and the buttons on my top came undone to reveal some cleavage,neil was pure cheesing :qqb006:

I have always found the players to be very polite.

Darren Jackson - ok guy, we both got a bit drunk and had an argument about football and who should be in the Scotland squad. :rolleyes:

Neil McCann - top bloke, was a regular in the pub I worked in, still on first name terms and always stops for a chat when I am back home. :thumbsup:

Steven Pressley - Really quiet guy - not very chatty. :mellow:

Lee Bullen - used to come in with McCann and Pressley when they were all at Falkirk - pleasant enough not so hot with the tips though :down:

Lee Wallace - my mum lives pretty much next door to him, pleasant enough when on his own but his mates are all scumbags.

My dad played golf with Kevin Thomas once and said he was a prat.

everyones entitled to their opinion but cant agree with that statement. fair enough Lee has been in bother a couple of times in the past but he has learned from these incidents and I'm amazed to see someone say he is arrogant, he always has time to speak to any fans when they want a chat / picture / autograph

He is always working to improve his game and is in the gym 4 or 5 nights a week in his own time including saturdays after each game. I could count on one hand how many times Lee has been out drinking in the last 12 months. That attitude definitely doesnt indicate arrogance to me.

Fair do's mate maybe alone he is different but with his mates hes a different man!!

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Theres another Jambo in bearsden???? thought me and my brother were the only ones! As you said though all the OF players around this area. Seen lafferty afew times in his bentley. Webster in Asda once.. Never went and talked to either, just shouted abuse at lafferty!

Well I work in the M&S Simply Food on Drymen Rd but stay in Charing X area. Lafferty deserves all the hassle he gets tbh. I was serving him at the tills and he genuinely refused to face me. Made his girlfriend (poor soul) foot the bill. Utter fanjita of the highest order

Believe it or not but Micky Weir was a right good laugh and very entertaining when I met him at a night out,Paul kane was also okay but as rough as they come.

Darren Jackson - ok guy, we both got a bit drunk and had an argument about football and who should be in the Scotland squad. :rolleyes:

Neil McCann - top bloke, was a regular in the pub I worked in, still on first name terms and always stops for a chat when I am back home. :thumbsup:

Steven Pressley - Really quiet guy - not very chatty. :mellow:

Lee Bullen - used to come in with McCann and Pressley when they were all at Falkirk - pleasant enough not so hot with the tips though :down:

Lee Wallace - my mum lives pretty much next door to him, pleasant enough when on his own but his mates are all scumbags.

My dad played golf with Kevin Thomas once and said he was a prat.

bit of a generalisation there mate no?? do you personally know all his mates?

again the arrogance referred to is just non existant he would speak to fans and people he doesnt know no bother, never a case of him acting superior to anyone

I done a course at tyne a few years ago, Michael Stewart done the presentation for it, as he was leaving he asked us all if any one was heading into town and wanted a lift. Top bloke outside of football, got a good bit of banter with him on the way down the road..

Also served Stephan Adam a good few times when he used to stay in Stockbridge. He Never really spoke much but was always smiling and gave me a signed postcard of him.

Used to see Gilles Rousset quite a lot when he was dropping his kid of at school, only ever spoke to him once though. Nice guy.

You know who was actually a top bloke. Berti Vogts! despite the language barrier he tried really hard to get involved and was nothing but personable.

Lawrence Reilly of hibs fame is a total gentleman aswell.

Tam Flogel and Jean Louis Valois were very sound as well.

Alan McLaren drove us in his stretch limousine to my sister's wedding.

I made sure that the official photographer got the pictures with red-faced former Hearts great Alan.

Through work I met;

Mikey Stewart - who was a nice guy, seemed genuinely interested in what I was doing and talking about the JT's and the Lithuanian influence in my office and at the club.

Larry Kingston - Found him to be arrogant and showed little respect, although I have heard other stories that would suggest he was a nice guy when he had family around him

Marian Kello - Really quiet and didnt say much, seemed nervous.

Met Gary Mackay a few times at my old gym and on euro trips, seems nice enough, happy to talk about Hearts and enjoys a few beers.

Met Mark DeVries in candy bar one night, when he was at Leicster, absolute gentlmen took time to speak about Hearts and said he loved the club and would jump at the chance to come back

Mad Dog Frazer

met kenny miller just after he signed for Rangers. my pal who was with them at the time came to meet us in bar 38 and said that kenny was gonna be here in 10 mins and did we mind( there was about 10 of us sitting at the table)

then 10 mins later kenny walks up to the table and before my other pal had a chance to introduce us i shouts "right kenny its your round"

hhe didnt know what to say or do so he did the only thing he could do and toddled off to the bar to get a 10 pint round in

he was very quite and shy until he upped and left us 20 mins later

Archived