Perspective

hearts_crazy

Firstly may I say that I have been quite enjoying Kickback while we have had a good run of results. A lot less doom and gloom on here. But why is it that when we do lose a game loads of punters on here simply can't wait to stick the boot in to our players (the same players that have not lost in the league since the end of October) and to say 'I told you we were shite and were never title contenders'.

Bit of perspective guys:

When we embarked upon our terrific run of results we were 13 points behind the leaders. We clawed that back, we can do it again

We have not been beaten in th eleague since the end of October, and onlyu one draw in all those games, the rest were wins

We have beaten both the Old Firm in that time

The result last night had a lot to do with Celtic not allowing us to play and being clinical at finishing chances. Think about it, how many actual clear cut chances did they actually have last night? How many shots on target? Not many, yet they scored 4 goals (and the 3rd was offside, but that's by the by)

We unfortunately had our worst game of the season at the same time as Celtic had their best

What Celtic did to us last night was exactly what we did to them at Tynecastle. We wiped the floor with them that day, they had their worst game at the same time as we had our best. Last night doesn't mean we have suddenly become shite at football, it was a bad day at the office, too many players hitting a dip in form at the same time, nothing more.

Finally, for those who reckon that's it, game over for the league challenge. If we win at the weekend and Celtic lose then we will be in exactly the same position we would have been if we beat them last night. It's not over yet. We still have a game in hand, and if we were to win that one (Rangers at Ibrox :o ) that would be a HUGE result.

Even if the league turns out to be out of our reach we still have the chance of second, which given the limitations of our squad would be an amazing acheivement in itself. Until it is mathematically (or is that arithmetically) impossible for us to win the league I for one will keep believing we can do it

Or am I just being ridiculously optimistic. Wouldn't be the first time. After all I still thought it was possible for us to come back and win the game last night when we were 4-0 down and not looking like we could score if the game went on for a year.

Or am I just being ridiculously optimistic. Wouldn't be the first time. After all I still thought it was possible for us to come back and win the game last night when we were 4-0 down and not looking like we could score if the game went on for a year.

The pub busy ? :whistling:

Italian Lambretta

we just need to go about our business quietly (if possible) as we had been doing up until Saturdays result.

Rangers look like the best option to catch but you never know.

We should be glad that we are in a strong position for 3rd and Europe, so there should be NO pressure form now until the end of the season.

If we get anything else then its a bonus. I'm just looking forward to getting back into europe and hopefully qualifying for the Europa League.

Firstly may I say that I have been quite enjoying Kickback while we have had a good run of results. A lot less doom and gloom on here. But why is it that when we do lose a game loads of punters on here simply can't wait to stick the boot in to our players (the same players that have not lost in the league since the end of October) and to say 'I told you we were shite and were never title contenders'.

Bit of perspective guys:

When we embarked upon our terrific run of results we were 13 points behind the leaders. We clawed that back, we can do it again

We have not been beaten in th eleague since the end of October, and onlyu one draw in all those games, the rest were wins

We have beaten both the Old Firm in that time

The result last night had a lot to do with Celtic not allowing us to play and being clinical at finishing chances. Think about it, how many actual clear cut chances did they actually have last night? How many shots on target? Not many, yet they scored 4 goals (and the 3rd was offside, but that's by the by)

We unfortunately had our worst game of the season at the same time as Celtic had their best

What Celtic did to us last night was exactly what we did to them at Tynecastle. We wiped the floor with them that day, they had their worst game at the same time as we had our best. Last night doesn't mean we have suddenly become shite at football, it was a bad day at the office, too many players hitting a dip in form at the same time, nothing more.

Finally, for those who reckon that's it, game over for the league challenge. If we win at the weekend and Celtic lose then we will be in exactly the same position we would have been if we beat them last night. It's not over yet. We still have a game in hand, and if we were to win that one (Rangers at Ibrox :o ) that would be a HUGE result.

Even if the league turns out to be out of our reach we still have the chance of second, which given the limitations of our squad would be an amazing acheivement in itself. Until it is mathematically (or is that arithmetically) impossible for us to win the league I for one will keep believing we can do it

So we were 13 points behind them when we started out on the winning run? We're 10 points behind Celtic now so we've only gained 3 points since it started really.

Italian Lambretta

I thought it was over 20 points?

So we were 13 points behind them when we started out on the winning run? We're 10 points behind Celtic now so we've only gained 3 points since it started really.

We've played a game fewer than they have since then, so potentially 4 or 6 points gained. Or maybe just 3. :teehee:

To be honest, gaining points on Celtic or Rangers over such a sustained period is against the normal trend anyway. We're actually doing quite well.

Archived