Hearts in trouble

Ryan Gosling

Thats a crock of Horse poop. There were no direct quotes from Hearts, no approaches have been made by Hearts and Mark Gudi from the Sunday Mail 'Understands" that Hearts would be targetting them. Wouldn't take a genius to work that one out. Even a ****** like Gudi can put 2 and 2 together.

Gigolo-Aunt

Not sure about the Scottish angle of manager.

IMO we should be looking to Eastern Europe for a new manager.

Guess The Crowd

The Scottish press, don't you just love them?

One paper prints a story based on pure speculation (probably from reading this board). So a second paper (with a famously anti-Hearts 'journalist') decides that Hearts could be in trouble for tapping.

You couldn't make it up.....

Very wrong. Stick to baseball.

I fail to see what the feck basebal has to do with this story.

I very much doubt you would know if an actual approach had been made, Hearts have certainly not made that public. Stick to facts.

But dont let a rumour get in the way of a nice wee story

The report claimed that Romanov will make official approaches at the end of the season to interview contenders and that Levein would want assurances he will be given total control of team matters.

Well that's not quite tapping up. What a total non story

Ryan Gosling

agreed

To tell you the truth Gig I couldn't care less if he came from Ulan Bator as long as he can manage and earn the respect of the playing staff so they are motivated. I get the feeling that an appointment of a Scotsman may be to appease the fans.

Agreed. I know this lithuanian... ;)

I fail to see what the feck basebal has to do with this story.

I very much doubt you would know if an actual approach had been made, Hearts have certainly not made that public. Stick to facts.

But dont let a rumour get in the way of a nice wee story

It was the wee picture of the baseball player suggested your area of expertise lay more in that direction.

I don't give a flying stuff if you doubt it or not. An approach has been made and a manager interviewed. Believe it or not. No, not made public by Hearts. can you work out why?

Gigolo-Aunt
To tell you the truth Gig I couldn't care less if he came from Ulan Bator as long as he can manage and earn the respect of the playing staff so they are motivated. I get the feeling that an appointment of a Scotsman may be to appease the fans.

You are right, Tazio.

Was just having a little fun.

How did eddie thompson go about signing Brewster as manager? or Ian Mcall?

I have forgot

Most probably approached the clubs to ask for permission to speak to their manager. However tapping up is a way of life in football and is ignored depending on the club involved.

Drew Busby !

Have der hun not been tapping up dozens of players in the Scottish game, from the Paul Ritchie episode up to the present day ? Do I not recall various hun bawbags telling Naismith how much he would love it there and come on in the water's lovely ?

Amazing how it seems the detritus of the SPL can only grow a backbone when a matter involves Hearts. The rest of the time they're quite happy to bend over, apply the KY, and bite their tongues when rantic come and rape them of players.

Theres not a day goes by it seems without the SPL and their member clubs causing hilarity for all the wrong reasons, looks like this is the latest example then...

Have der hun not been tapping up dozens of players in the Scottish game, from the Paul Ritchie episode up to the present day ? Do I not recall various hun bawbags telling Naismith how much he would love it there and come on in the water's lovely ?

Amazing how it seems the detritus of the SPL can only grow a backbone when a matter involves Hearts. The rest of the time they're quite happy to bend over, apply the KY, and bite their tongues when rantic come and rape them of players.

Theres not a day goes by it seems without the SPL and their member clubs causing hilarity for all the wrong reasons, looks like this is the latest example then...

The huns tapped up Walter Smith from the SFA FFS.

ToadKiller Dog
Most probably approached the clubs to ask for permission to speak to their manager. However tapping up is a way of life in football and is ignored depending on the club involved.

No at the time i am sure falkirk were raging at united and accused them of tapping up mcall,there was also questions around Brewster.

I dont think it is against the law for the club to say in a private meeting who they would want to speak to in the future ,but if say CL has already flew out to lithuania for lunch then yes there would be a story .

Drew Busby !

Abso-fecking-lutely correct mon ami.

Professional football in Scotland = very bad joke.

Abso-fecking-lutely correct mon ami.

Professional football in Scotland = very bad joke.

Professional football in Scotland = Huns do whatever the feck they want.

Hearts need a manager, it needs to be obvious that the manager would not tolerate interference with team selection so it must be an experienced man.

IMO, his nationality is not an issue, he needs to be fluent in English, have some sort of experience of the British game (playing or managing) and a decent track record of managing.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Indeed. The "evidence" so far is a story with no quotes in everyone's favourite emergency toilet paper!

Charlie-Brown

No they didn't.....they simply recalled one of their own agents. :mw_rolleyes:

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

You have to love the SPL/SFA. Never mind the fact clubs cant play at thier own stadiums or our refereeing is at its lowest standard since the game was invented or any of the numerous other issues plauging our game. Lets hammer Hearts for thier owner "quite fancying" talking to 2 clubs about thier managers. He hasn't done so mind, might just do it in the future if he feels its right.

I hate being paranoid. I really resent trying to justify to myself that stories in the press ARE NOT a plan to hang us out to dry. But it does get a lot harder. My only hope is that The Times have gotten this completely wrong or the have just thought "Sod It" and made it all up.

Finally, am I the only person outraged that someone like John Boyle is even allowed to run/own a club let alone have an opinion on football. I'm fairly certain he got of rather lightly, what with putting 19 players on the dole and putting his club in administration then sidling back in as chair,an when the heat was off and all that. Dosnt seem fair to me

colinmaroon
The Scottish press, don't you just love them?

One paper prints a story based on pure speculation (probably from reading this board). So a second paper (with a famously anti-Hearts 'journalist') decides that Hearts could be in trouble for tapping.

You couldn't make it up.....

Oh yes they did!!!

It was the wee picture of the baseball player suggested your area of expertise lay more in that direction.

I don't give a flying stuff if you doubt it or not. An approach has been made and a manager interviewed. Believe it or not. No, not made public by Hearts. can you work out why?

Rivlin - re the manager, you are 100% correct on this.

If only the New England Patriots had won the Superbowl. Then he would have kept his American Football avatar and his "Perfection" (tee hee) sig.

john brownlee
Hearts need a manager, it needs to be obvious that the manager would not tolerate interference with team selection so it must be an experienced man.

IMO, his nationality is not an issue, he needs to be fluent in English, have some sort of experience of the British game (playing or managing) and a decent track record of managing.

sounds just like Berti

MacDonald Jardine
You have to love the SPL/SFA. Never mind the fact clubs cant play at thier own stadiums or our refereeing is at its lowest standard since the game was invented or any of the numerous other issues plauging our game. Lets hammer Hearts for thier owner "quite fancying" talking to 2 clubs about thier managers. He hasn't done so mind, might just do it in the future if he feels its right.

I hate being paranoid. I really resent trying to justify to myself that stories in the press ARE NOT a plan to hang us out to dry. But it does get a lot harder. My only hope is that The Times have gotten this completely wrong or the have just thought "Sod It" and made it all up.

Finally, am I the only person outraged that someone like John Boyle is even allowed to run/own a club let alone have an opinion on football. I'm fairly certain he got of rather lightly, what with putting 19 players on the dole and putting his club in administration then sidling back in as chair,an when the heat was off and all that. Dosnt seem fair to me

John Boyle lost over ?20 million when Motherwell went into administration and made no claim in the administration for it.

That's why other creditors were paid and the ground wasn't sold.

Thig Ar Latha
Rivlin - re the manager, you are 100% correct on this.

But was it either of the two mentioned?

so its Mark Mghee, and he hasnt been approached because of the Phil O'Donnell Tragedy?

I thought he'd already spoken to Vlad? According to another thread he has.

portobellojambo1

Am a little bit surprised, or possibly confused, by the line being taken by this article. My understanding was Hearts advertised for, or made it known at the very least they wanted, a manager effective 1 January 2008.

One can only assume if the article is correct that they hoped the two persons mentioned, i.e. Levein and McGhee, would be amongst those who responded, but they did not, so Hearts are having to do the chasing.

On the flip side they did respond and Hearts intend following up on these responses, hence this would negate the tapping up requirement or allegation.

If they did not respond, and we are now doing the chasing it makes you wonder about the quality of manager who did respond, and who is willing to give up what they have at the moment to work under Romanov, something which I always saw as a potential problem.

I thought he'd already spoken to Vlad? According to another thread he has.

sorry my wording was a shambles there, i was referring to this quote:

'An approach has been made and a manager interviewed. Believe it or not. No, not made public by Hearts. can you work out why?'

So its either CL or MM, and they havent been approached publicly...

how convenient.

Archived