Any Truth??

jkato

I picked this up from the Scotsman on Sunday forum.

It seems worthy to post.

Quote:

Myself, Gary Mackay and Lord Foulkes met with Charlie in Glasgow last Saturday and we had an open and frank discussion about all things HMFC, apart from the actual game that day, which we all agreed was pretty dire stuff!

All parties divulged things to each other in complete confidence so you will have to bear with me if you think I'm being a bit vague on certain topics - there are sound personal / commercial reasons for this and if you can't live with that I suggest that you skip the rest of this post.

* Manager - an individual has been sounded out for the post and should be in post for the start of next season. Everyone involved is aware of the need to bring in an autonomous manager to turn the club around. This particular person has had discussions with VR personally and I believe he fits the bill of the kind of person who would be welcomed by the majority of the support. He is currently employed elsewhere and we are not the only ones who may be after his services however, things are looking positive at this point. The feeling amongst us that VR would be given 'one last chance' if a British manager was appointed in the summer.

* Stadium - planning permission expected around September but the vibes coming from the Council are positive. I have been given the same information from someone within the Council so the stadium development is definitely progressing.

* Annual Figures - possibly released today but debt looks likely to be around ?38M. I don't think this is a major shock to anyone and is probably on the lesser side of expectations. I see Ewan Murray has taken a flyer on this in The Guardian.

* JKB meeting - Charlie is happy to do this but is waiting on Dexter to set this up. The ball's in your court guys.

* Blog - Charlie agreed that this was a good idea and was up for using such a mechanism. I stressed that it would be heavily moderated so we just need to make this happen now. If someone can advise me how this would work? Charlie reads JKB and does get a bit tired of the personal abuse dished out to someone who is simply doing his job so let's respect that please.

* What happens if Vlad goes under a bus? - Charlie agreed that this was talked about some months ago and that someone in Lithuania had been tasked with sorting this out - nothing to report on that as it's went a bit quiet.

* Cashflow - recent embarrassing stories in the press regarding non-payment of bills etc. Every time these situations get to VR personally, he picks up the phone and gets them sorted - confirmed by Lord Foulkes when he was Chairman. The problem appears to be in middle management but the appointment of Campbell Ogilvie in his new role should fix this.

Selling Up - Charlie confirmed that VR has absolutely no interest in selling HMFC. A conversation then ensued where it became apparent that, should VR change his mind, there is now 'another show in town'. These people have no interest in the plumbing industry and are serious money men. Obviously, they don't want to show their hand at this moment in time but I found this to be quite refreshing information.

Ibrahim Tall

That was posted on the members board a couple days, not sure if the same person then re-posted it on there?

Ryan Gosling
That was posted on the members board a couple days, not sure if the same person then re-posted it on there?

Well considering he didn't want it on the terrace, I doubt he'd post it there.

Ibrahim Tall

That was my thinking, someone on heres obviously tried to post it off as their own..

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Don't think he wanted it posted here but since it has been I want to point everyone to this part -

Selling Up - Charlie confirmed that VR has absolutely no interest in selling HMFC. A conversation then ensued where it became apparent that, should VR change his mind, there is now 'another show in town'. These people have no interest in the plumbing industry and are serious money men. Obviously, they don't want to show their hand at this moment in time but I found this to be quite refreshing information.

There may be light at the end of the tunnel.

Gigolo-Aunt

* Manager - an individual has been sounded out for the post and should be in post for the start of next season. Everyone involved is aware of the need to bring in an autonomous manager to turn the club around. This particular person has had discussions with VR personally and I believe he fits the bill of the kind of person who would be welcomed by the majority of the support. He is currently employed elsewhere and we are not the only ones who may be after his services however, things are looking positive at this point. The feeling amongst us that VR would be given 'one last chance' if a British manager was appointed in the summer.

Mmmmmmm

Ryan Gosling

Mmmmmmm

Don't worry, it won't be long till you can touch yourself!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

It's obviously Mark McGhee.

Mann has covered himself well however by saying that other clubs are looking to sign him as well.

It's obviously Mark McGhee.

It is indeed although I believe Billy Davies may still be in the frame.

It is indeed although I believe Billy Davies may still be in the frame.

Well if its Davies get him in now! let him start rebuilding.

Although he isnt attached to another club.

Well if its Davies get him in now! let him start rebuilding.

Although he isnt attached to another club.

Hate to say it but he seems as pricckly a character as Burley

Dean Winchester
* Cashflow - recent embarrassing stories in the press regarding non-payment of bills etc. Every time these situations get to VR personally, he picks up the phone and gets them sorted - confirmed by Lord Foulkes when he was Chairman. The problem appears to be in middle management but the appointment of Campbell Ogilvie in his new role should fix this.

I know Heriot-Watt are having trouble getting cash from them and so was Brodies Solicitors, so much so that Brodies dropped them as clients. Embarassing

That's the thing though, discussions with Vlad. Now you'd have to assume that it was face to face and unless he's been on a covert trip to Scotland the man must've went to the mountain and took advantage of a 2p return Ryanair special to Kaunas.

Would Levein have the time? Would McGhee? Doubtful. Could they have nipped off without their club knowing or would their clubs have said "nae probs" to a jaunt across with both fighting for UEFA? Doubtful.

I remember a while back watching a report on Killie and Brown was there for training, on his own, Jefferies was "off ill". Now more than likely the case but he has spoken to Vlad before, he would jump at the chance and out of the three he's in the worst position with current club and most to gain from taking the Tynie hotseat.

Most of the support would welcome him and Killie would be more inclined to allow a chat with an understanding he can't go until the end of the season.

Tend to agree with you re Jefferies, don't think it'll be Davies or McGhee.

Don't really know how i feel about that....:huh:

Guest GhostHunter

This was posted on another forum ?

Good to see other forums now purveying the Gullit Lounge ham sandwiches.

I know Heriot-Watt are having trouble getting cash from them and so was Brodies Solicitors, so much so that Brodies dropped them as clients. Embarassing

Money wasn't the reason Messrs Brodies dropped us.

The Real Maroonblood

* What happens if Vlad goes under a bus? - Charlie agreed that this was talked about some months ago and that someone in Lithuania had been tasked with sorting this out - nothing to report on that as it's went a bit quiet.

I know a bus driver who is due me a favour.

:)

That's the thing though, discussions with Vlad. Now you'd have to assume that it was face to face and unless he's been on a covert trip to Scotland the man must've went to the mountain and took advantage of a 2p return Ryanair special to Kaunas.

Would Levein have the time? Would McGhee? Doubtful. Could they have nipped off without their club knowing or would their clubs have said "nae probs" to a jaunt across with both fighting for UEFA? Doubtful.

I remember a while back watching a report on Killie and Brown was there for training, on his own, Jefferies was "off ill". Now more than likely the case but he has spoken to Vlad before, he would jump at the chance and out of the three he's in the worst position with current club and most to gain from taking the Tynie hotseat.

Most of the support would welcome him and Killie would be more inclined to allow a chat with an understanding he can't go until the end of the season.

A main contender HAS had discussions with Romanov. Fact. Believe or not that's your choice.

Just all the part time fans who go on the terrace:rolleyes:

CornhillHearts

Think drink was involved so how they can remember what was discussed is beyond me, a bit like a drunk think tank. Saying that lets hope it all becomes true.

A main contender HAS had discussions with Romanov. Fact. Believe or not that's your choice.

Who is this main contender???

Geoff Kilpatrick

The annoying thing here is the fact it's discussed with Mannhole in the first place. If he reads this, can I just point out, Charlie, that you lost all credibility on Blah 107. Therefore, even if what you said to the throng was FACT, in my eyes it was meaningless because your previous track record of utterances has been tosh.

Vlad will decide what he wants to do based on what side of the bed he gets out of that day.

chester copperpot

The one thing that worries me is that they hope to have the new manager in place for the start of the season.

What about contingency plans incase one of the other clubs chasing him get him.

That comment smacks of no manager for yet another season IMO.

ST sales will be poor this year I think. People have lost hope/faith and I cant blame them.

Your signature might give you a clue??

Cheers, but I really have never liked Mark Lawrenson:p;)

Seriously I would be very happy with MM or CL:)

Chief_quimby.jpg

Just sign here Mr Mghee:rolleyes:

Correct. The George Watsons posh boy doesn't want any of us oiks reading news about the Hearts. We're season ticket fodder only in his opinion. Something about horses and reindeer if what I'm told is correct.

Myself, Gary Mackay and Lord Foulkes met with Charlie in Glasgow last Saturday

Who?

I think Agent Orange above must have his wires crossed CH.

As you know, I attended the Craigroyston High School For Delinquent Children.

According to the entry on the SOS the post originated in the JKB members lounge.

So, who originally posted this in the members lounge?

Well I am disappointed I have seen you at a few meetings and you are not posh enough;)

I can confirm this as 100% accurate, and can also confirm that he can be described as lots of things, but posh isnae one of them!!!

Ha Ha George Watsons posh boy from Drylaw he will be amused.

If you are referring to who I think you are can I just point out that; he is NOT from Drylaw. Blackhall is nearer the mark!!!

If you are referring to who I think you are can I just point out that; he is NOT from Drylaw. Blackhall is nearer the mark!!!

...and he went to Heriot's, not George Watson's. :P

most fans will refuse to be taken in again romanov's lies and half truths. they will only believe any new manager is coming when the appointment is made and therefore will not be renewing their season tickets. the ball is in romanov's court, deliver the quality manager and provide him with the means to make hearts the team we can all be proud of. just because mann talks to a few fans telling them what romanov's says means sod all.

Archived