Over-confidence

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'm not liking this at all, people here seem to think we only have to turn up on the 1st and win.

It isn't that simple folks. Chill a little please!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Snake Plissken

I'm not liking this at all, people here seem to think we only have to turn up on the 1st and win.

We do and we will and it is.

Take your pathetic caution, fashion it into a light bulb and shove it up your arse.

Cheers.

Understand what you're saying - and really, really hope we don't **** this chance up - but going into this game on the back of an unbeaten run really can't do us any harm. An early goal would do very, very nicely!!!

:smiliz64:

J.T.F.Robertson

I'm not liking this at all, some people here seem to think we only have to turn up on the 1st and win.

If I may. :thumbsup:

I remember a similar thread before the last derby when we were off the back of a 3-0 defeat. We were right to be confident then, we've even more reason to be confident now.

3 points will be coming our way on Saturday.

i am always confident before a derby,right up until i start to approach Tynie,then the nerves get me and i am a wreck

i truly DREAD losing to Hibs,not that i expect them to beat us,i just DREAD it.

thankfully over the years it's not an experience i have suffered too often and once again i don't expect to suffer this weekend either,just don't ask me right before the game

Won't be on a plate for us. Zero reason to fear them though but you could say that every time we play them.

So long as we put the commitment and energy levels in we'll be fine.

:trippin:

We're gonna absolutely fecking melt them.

hearts are FLYING

hibs are SHITE

FLYING beats SHITE in my game of rock-paper-scissors-flying-shite.

who wants to play?

Zero pressure and zero expectation on the vermin going into Saturdays game.

All the expectation is on us and the background noise of a title challenge (and why not...)

Geoff is correct. 100% professionalism and attitude will be required.

A 1-0 win is as good as any other result in this fixture. And any kind of win sees us make up ground on at least one of the old infirm this weekend.

Say What Again

Been saying this since they lost to the Sheep.

I'd take 1-0 bundled over in the last min right now.

Im confident,confident that JJ wont allow for complacency,could easily have had one eye on the derby tonight but thought we were pretty focused,now st middens out the way JJ will start to get players in right frame of mind. Every man in maroon will know what a victory over the wee team means cant see them keeping it down to 3.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I'm never optimistic going into derbies but I am confident we'll beat them on Saturday. Our squad is considerably better than theirs and all over the park we are superior. Jefferies, Brown and Locke will have the players fired up for this as usual and nothing less than 3 points will be acceptable.

If we get behind them right from the start there will be no problems.

I don't believe our management team would allow us to be complacent in any derby to be honest ... so I'm sure we are worrying unecessarily ... and just to ensure that and although I detest saying it ... I'm just a wee bit glad that they fought back tonight ...

No mistakes with this vermin on Saturday!!!

Chad Sexington

The confidence levels of some people on the internet will have zero impact on the way Heart of Midlothian perform on Saturday.

I've never approached a Hearts game in my life with the full expectation of a win. Throwback from late sixties onwards support and attendance.

I probably enjoy Hearts winning more than most, I only get really annoyed when they don't compete. This team can, and does have the players and management who will compete.

Do that, the win will come, derby or not :thumbsup:

16 corners FFS against St Midden :rolleyes:

jt

I am confident about Saturday, but I am not arrogant enough to predict massive scores. Derbies are derbies because both teams have a desire to win, probably more so than for any other game. Hearts are in an excellent position to win, and could win handily, but I will crow when the final whistle blows, and another win goes in the books. No light bulbs please have enough problems with my unlit ass as it is. :rolleyes:

Guest vanbasten1874

The confidence levels of some people on the internet will have zero impact on the way Heart of Midlothian perform on Saturday.

This :thumbsup:

I hope :whistling:

We can be as confident, cocky, worried as we like. It's not up to us, it's down to the players.

Going into this game on the back of the run we are on can only be a good thing though.

don't think my apprehension comes from thinking they can beat us or that they have a better team than us, cause lets face it, its not even close.

i will admit to feeling a bit more pressure than usual due simply to the fact that they have little extra to lose than bragging rights whereas if they were the ones to dent our recent good form the vermin will lord it over us for years to come as some heroic victory.

its 02/04/06 all over again we clearly have the better team but the stakes are undoubtedly raised. Unlike that day however the hibs fans and team have nothing to lose on this occasion and that makes them dangerous.

that said i think we have some good big game players in our team and i predict a nervy 2-1 victory.

southside1874

well said. It's a derby and form goes out the window. Hibs will be up for this and anyone who thinks its nailed on is as stupid as the Hibby who thought it was a good idea to parade their wee cup after the derby a few years back. I can see Hibs end our unbeaten run. Its a derby and anything can happen. Fingers crossed we prevail :thumbsup:

Hibs are utter Jack White so we should win.

But Mr Jemmeries should let the boys know what happened at Easter Road in 1998 and maybe Rudi can remind them who brought our unbeaten run to an end in 2005.

Snake Plissken

Correct.

The Killie game was the moment that taught the squad not to turn up and expect to win.

In some respects, as awful an afternoon as it was, it could be the game that makes this season if we do something.

Some people just cannot enjoy themselves for fear of it all going wrong.

Bollocks to that.

We're 33/1 with ladbrokes for 4-0..

as i'm a wee bit flusher than normal may just whack a spare tenner on it..

why?! because.... Oh what fun it is to **** the Hubz on new Years Day!!

Thats why!!!..

MON THE HEARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Confident? too fecking right!! lets get these gayboys pumped and put to bed before half time..

then we can all get utterly wan***ed on beer and joy!

its 02/04/06 all over again we clearly have the better team but the stakes are undoubtedly raised. Unlike that day however the hibs fans and team have nothing to lose on this occasion and that makes them dangerous.

That's exactly how I see this game. If we score early, then I like to think we'll push on and win comfortably. If it's another one like tonights game at St Midden, shredded nerves all round by 2pm.

The Old Tolbooth

I hate it when we're over confident too, the last time we were this confident the rhat bhoy bagged a late penalty for them and a fan bottled smashing his face in :smiliz23:

I hate it when we're over confident too, the last time we were this confident the rhat bhoy bagged a late penalty for them and a fan bottled smashing his face in :smiliz23:

Being confident under that chump Csaba was a big mistake.

We're a different team now. The players won't take it as a gimme, JJ will have them fired up for it.

We'll be fine.

The Old Tolbooth

Being confident under that chump Csaba was a big mistake.

We're a different team now. The players won't take it as a gimme, JJ will have them fired up for it.

We'll be fine.

Stop it!

You're getting me all excited and over confident, I don't like it! :(

Snake Plissken

I agree with the sentiments of the OP.

We can't be complacent.

You starting on Saturday, aye?

I'm not, my supreme confidence is of no consequence to the performance of the team.

So I'm just going to enjoy it all.

It's HIBS FFS.

The whole 'form goes out the window' cliche is not applicable to us, it's them.

marshallschunkychicken

I'm looking forward to the game, no doubt.

It never seems right to be confident though. I don't why.

If we can't be confident now when can we be. What the fans say on a forum has no bearing on the result. It's up to JJ and the lads to have them focused and up for it. If they are we should win, we have by an absolute mile the better players.

You starting on Saturday, aye?

I'm not, my supreme confidence is of no consequence to the performance of the team.

So I'm just going to enjoy it all.

It's HIBS FFS.

The whole 'form goes out the window' cliche is not applicable to us, it's them.

I've just been hurt too many times before. ;)

Guest John Meurig Thomas

hearts are FLYING

hibs are SHITE

who wants to play?

:laugh:

This post did tickle me.

hearts are FLYING

hibs are SHITE

who wants to play?

3515595929_081b727cd9.jpg

You'd think we'd learn from the amount of times Hibs were going to turn up and do us 8/9/10/16-0 after a few wins, and we've had the last laugh.

A bit of caution, please.

can't agree more geoff, but its kinda hard to be humble and cautious when we are on the roll we're on

that said, i am terrified we get a pumping, cos they ARE sorta due to do us.. its been a while, and that makes me nervous

all the pressure is on us, and none of it on them

so

bring on the hibees

FTH etc

its still, even with all the nerves and apprehension, my favourite game of the season!

The players should be told to play like their lives depend on it - and don't bother coming back in unless we have taken at least five of them.

They are absolute tom kite but our players must play with as much commitment as we usually do. Anything less than 100% and the Leith vermin might escape with just a narrow defeat instead of an absolute humping.

Now come on Hearts - Get intae these bassas and lets avenge 1973 :santa4:

Back of the Bus

It's ok to be nervous but not cautious. We should always believe we're going to pump this mob, there is no reason for us not to.

If, perish the thought, the worst happens......... Why even consider the worst?

WE WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER THAN HIBS.

'We'll give them (hibs fans) something that they can walk away with their heads held high'

No not a quote from our management team but direct from their manager tonight re the derby -- so we know the challenge and the game's afoot -- time to have confidence and show confidence in our own teams ability.

PS maybe he meant a stiff neck from watching the ball being punted forward from Bamba and co. ?

It would be nice to beat Hibs for me to actually care about the OF game for more than them kicking lumps out of each other, getting red-carded, fans / players making fools of themselves, etc.

We are on a fantastic run - however, it's not just Hibs who are trying to shoot us down from our perch, everyone is and everyone is currently failing.

Better teams than Hibs have failed and I'm happy it's at home too. Anything can happen, of course, such as the Rat's goal with their makeshift team for the night which was a sickener!

I am 90% confident we will take the three points - the remaining 10% allows for squigglers :whistling: , poor decisions and our own not being mentally prepared...

p.s. just watched the game and delighted with the performance and win - the wee man comes good again too!

Archived