Important ! BT Users Read Here

Guest GhostHunter

Guest GhostHunter

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/science-%26-technology/web-users-tell-phorm-to-P huck-off-20080321812/

PHORM, the internet advertising spy, has been told to 'P huck right off' by a majority of web users.

Sneaky little p huckers

Phorm tracks the websites visited by individuals and then uses the information to make tailored advertising campaigns encouraging consumers to buy yet more p hucking rubbish.

But the company has come under attack from people who do not want to spied on absolutely every minute of their p hucking lives.

Philip Phrancis, a phull-time phireman phrom Phelixtowe, said: "What a bunch of p huckers.

"Coming in here, nosing about inside my p hucking computer. p huck off you bunch of p hucking phannies."

He added: "Spy on me and I'll kick you right up the phudge tunnel. Dirty p hucking phelchers, the lot of you."

ImagePhiona Pharmer, a pharmacist phrom Pharnborough, said: "Do you think I'm some kind of p huckwit?

"Try any phunny stuff with me and I'll stick my phist right up your phoreskin, you sneaky phuds."

Internet service providers say Phorm can be introduced with the minimum of phuss, insisting most of their customers are complete p hucking phools.

Seriously though - the company Phorm DOES target BT users (amongst others including Virgin) with pop up ads - so if you're getting pop ups on JKB, and are with BT, chances are that BT have sold your information to Phorm.

Complain, Complain and Complain some more.

Guest GhostHunter
Could this possibly come under a breach of contract?

No idea but basically BT, Virgin etc sold a list of their customers to Phorm, and it's Phorm who put the ads up.

Your adaware spyware etc will NOT find anything wrong as it's coming from an "allowed" cookie (roughly speaking)

I thought you could get banned for trying to avoid the swear filter ;)

Seriously though, this Phorm stuff sounds like nasty business, but I hear there is good work already underway to block it on your own computer when it is introduced.

Guest GhostHunter
I thought you could get banned for trying to avoid the swear filter ;)

Seriously though, this Phorm stuff sounds like nasty business, but I hear there is good work already underway to block it on your own computer when it is introduced.

It's a one off - as a quote from the article ;)

I'd be more annoyed at the fact that BT had sold my details on.

http://www.phorm.com/util/contact.php

If you are getting popups, the company I believe has to tell you whether your details are on their database, and remove them if requested

Would these popups only work though if you've installed the BT (or Virgin) software when you got your net connection?

As a principle, I never install ISP software. There is no need for it.

The Jambo Janny

Thanks for the info dexter. When ihad probs with BT broadband i got fed up with foriegn call centres who could not understand me. I ended up e mailing big boss (Ben Verwaayen) at BT it soon got it sorted . Maybe should e-mail him again about this issue

Guest GhostHunter
Thanks for the info dexter. When ihad probs with BT broadband i got fed up with foriegn call centres who could not understand me. I ended up e mailing big boss (Ben Verwaayen) at BT it soon got it sorted . Maybe should e-mail him again about this issue

Get in touch with Big Boss (I have in the past), but also with the Phorm lot.

Archived