NFL. Play-Offs Looming (2010 New Thread)

Tom Heaney

Well, That sucked and The Pats got what they deserved, nowt. Dunno if I can get my head around that 6 min+ drive of the Pats as time was ticking away. Gotta give some credit to The Jests as they set out their stall in the correct manner. At the end of the day the stats on visits to the red zone tell their own story, For me the Jests are a wee bit too one dimensional to go on and win it all but they will certainly believe that they can, mind you they believed that last year also.

2 Great games next weekend now and I'm not quite ready for more rash predictions (but they will come no doubt)

Only plus to this weekends games was I redeemed myself on my picks, 3-1 as opposed to 1-3 last weekend, Just a shame about that frigging 1 this weekend :yucky:

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 picks from 4 isn't a bad return tbh but bit gutted that my Superbowl picks are out at the first hurdle.

Think the winner of the NFC match will win it tbh. Packers are on form now and will be high on confidence. A win in Chicago will set them up on their way to glory IMO.

Or I could have just jinxed them as I tend to do and the Steelers will go on and win it :lol:

Was I the only one to predict a Jets victory? I wonder what price they were to win.

STEELERS FOR THE SUPERBOWL :thumbsup:

I'd say us cheeseheads need to keep this thread going just for the annoyance factor.

Packers @ Bears, ooooooooooooooooooooooh. The only problem is that it will be shown on Fox Sport here and I do not have that channel, so will have to stick with Radio 5, unless I can find a stream.

Who will it annoy ?

Personally I have a problem with The NFC game, have great friends in The States who support both The Packers and The Bears so cannot decide on who I want to go through. Either way it should be a great game, lets hope for some snow which would only add to the occasion :D

As for the other game, it doesnt take Einstein to work out who I will be rooting for but that could go pear shaped for me quite easily as this weekend did :whistling:

Big_Hearts_Runner

Neutral observer here (follow Giants from my time in NY) so here are my picks/guesses:

Jets @ Pats = Patriots

Ravens @ Steelers = Baltimore

Seahawks @ Bears = Another Seahawk surprise

Packers @ Falcons = Falcons

JT's V Dundee Utd at 10am to start the weekend then playoffs!!! :thumbsup:

Oh dear :lol:

Packers Steelers superbowl I'll go for now...so you know what that means.

Oh dear :lol:

Packers Steelers superbowl I'll go for now...so you know what that means.

Yep , that means Jets V Bears with the Jets victorious and as predicted by the boss Super Bowl champs 2011.

Time perhaps to admit there is method in Ryans apparent madness -- he's not such a bad coach is he ?

Sterling Archer

Just doing my team for the FF final round. Can't decide if the Steelers or Jets will win the AFC, currently going with Steelers but will probably flip back and forth before the weekend.

For this weekend (2/2 last weekend, but TBF I don't think many saw the Jets winning)

Jets @ Steelers - Interesting game this one, I still think the Jets are crap, but they've played pretty much mistake free for the last two weeks, so if the Steelers start like they did on Saturday against the Ravens then they're done for. That said I'm still going for the Steelers.

Packers @ Bears - I have to go with the Packers, but it could go either way. Packers are playing great but is having to win 6 in a row at the end of the season going to be too much of an ask, especially as 6th seeds and all away games in the playoffs? We might just run out of steam/luck, hope not though.

Brian, for me thats thats spot on. Continuing a winning run is often the stumbling block for a team in any sport going all the way . law of everages says that a team will lose eventually, even the good ones. Like the Pats this year :whistling: but more importantly in the 2008 Superbowl :verymad:

Canny split either of these games this weekend. Personally would like a Steelers v Bears Superbowl and to be honest I think these 2 teams should edge their games but like you I find it too close to call, lets put it this way, no money will be going to William Hill on this

Tom

I'm not sure but I don't think anyone has ever managed to win 6 must win games to win the Superbowl? It does happen in sport (Aussies in 1999 cricket world cup did it in 7) but not that often in team sports.

The thing I'd like to know is who Steelers/Jets fans would rather face in the Superbowl if they get there, I think I'd rather face the Jets which is why I think the Steelers just edge that one. I suspect they'd both rather face the Bears.

Should be a good weekend, just glad still to be involved.(sorry cheap shot, couldn't resist)

Cheap ? That was free of frigging charge you barsteward :rolleyes:

Well, after basking in my glory that the Jets would upset the Pats, here are my picks for this weekend.

Jets @ Steelers = Steelers

Packers @ Bears = Packers

The Steelers will then go on to win the Superbowl.

Well, after basking in my glory that the Jets would upset the Pats, here are my picks for this weekend.

Well no surprise there then ............................ however sorry to say

Jets v Bears will be the Superbowl that the world wishes to see -- Ryan will lead us to glory -- then perhaps he will receive the credit he deserves.

alwaysthereinspirit

In the office pool I took

Packers

Steelers

110 points total for both games. (tie breaker)

J.T.F.Robertson

We could wind up with a SB featuring the two #6 seeds from each conference. (I think I'm right in saying that)

It would be a nice story, but I hope it doesn't come to pass, at least on the AFC side of things.

HERE WE GO STEELERS! (I'm a greedy bassa)

We could wind up with a SB featuring the two #6 seeds from each conference. (I think I'm right in saying that)

It would be a nice story, but I hope it doesn't come to pass, at least on the AFC side of things.

HERE WE GO STEELERS! (I'm a greedy bassa)

You have a social responsibility to the NFL, you know what is required so dont be letting anyone down

Packers looking very very comfortable, Bears looking devoid of ideas offensively. Looks like my NFC picks are coming good this week thumbsup.gif

The pack have let it go a little maybe being up against the 3rd string QB made their D a little over confident. Hanie has definitely gave the Bears a chance

It's certainly game on, intresting Bears drive coming up

Edit 3 and out I'm going to stop predicting stuff

The Packers are looking very rocky defensively now. I'm genuinely struggling to call this now.

Great ending to the game.

EDIT - And for a hat trick of speaking too soon, the Packers pick up an interception to more or less seal the match. laugh.gif

Excellent game. Showed everything that is good about the sport. Very unlucky at the end but thats the way it goes.

A very good match, Chicago looked very shakey in the first quarter and a half but they came right back into the game when their defence shored up, unfortunately just too little too late.

The Packers must fancy their chances now, winning in Philly, Atlanta and now Chicago is no mean feat.

Looking forward to the next match now, have to fancy the Steelers to beat the Jets, but then I thought the Pats would destroy the Jets last week and look what happened there.

OK guys, On FJ's "instructions" :rolleyes: here is the 2010/2011 play-offs new thread. Lets get rolling with our thoughts for the business end of the season

Fitzgerald's in September what did I say to you????

Well I had three teams in the play-offs and they've all been dinged out.

And I'm forbidden from supporting the Steelers from a friend who (rightly) thinks I'm a jinx.

Go, er, Packers.

Goodbye Jests!

In two weeks time, I am a Packers fan for the day.

You sound dissapointed Geoff :thumbsup:

Devastated Thomas, devastated...:whistling:

Did you see Ryan thrown down his headset in disgust as the Steelers got that 1st down on that final drive, I felt real bad for him :woot:

There was no wee attempt at a celebratory run down the touchline this week from the big yin, shame really as it was worthwhile seeing again. So in case you missed it, here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EtGGdAAQ2Y

I picked the Steelers to win it all earlier in the season and then backed away with my cash when the playoffs started. Feeling like a right tit now.

So near and yet so far -- really the proverbial game of 2 halfs.

2 years in a row at the AFC championship game -- just a small amount of tweaking and the final steps can be taken.

Chin up Jets -- or on Ryans case chins up :rolleyes:

2 good games last night. Unfortunate for the Bears that it took them a quarter and a bit to sort out their leaky defence, unfortunately 14 points down by that point gave them too much to do.

Packers looked very good defensively as well as offensively, although the Bears caused Rodgers some problems in the second half. Will be difficult for him against the Steelers defence in the Superbowl.

Steelers seemed to take the foot off the gas a little but were worthy winners in the end, defensively solid, offensively very threatening both on the ground and in the air.

Difficult to call but I'm going to be going for the Steelers to win the Superbowl in a fortnight, the bookies don't seem to agree with me though seeing as they have the Packers 4/7 to win. :ermm:

Profitable night last night for me :thumbsup: .

Go Steelers in the Superbowl! :D:D

I picked the Steelers to win it all earlier in the season and then backed away with my cash when the playoffs started. Feeling like a right tit now.

I feel your pain!

Upside is that the Steelers are my team and I now fancy them to go on and win in a fortnight!

Nucky Thompson

Rodgers wasn't at his best last night but still led them to the Championship. Packers to win the Superbowl without a doubt for me :thumbsup:

Archived