NFL. Play-Offs Looming (2010 New Thread)

Tom Heaney

Big_Hearts_Runner

Neutral observer here (follow Giants from my time in NY) so here are my picks/guesses:

Jets @ Pats = Patriots

Ravens @ Steelers = Baltimore

Seahawks @ Bears = Another Seahawk surprise

Packers @ Falcons = Falcons

JT's V Dundee Utd at 10am to start the weekend then playoffs!!! :thumbsup:

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jets @ Pats - Jets no Pats, em maybe jets emmmmm no defo pats ehh fu k it just watch the game.

Ravens @ Steelers - Steelers

Seahawks @ Bears - Bears

Packers @ Falcons - Falcons in a high scoring match.

Jets @ Pats - Pats

Ravens @ Steelers - Ravens

Seahawks @ Bears - Seahawks

Packers @ Falcons - Packers

TH, you met me and my pal Ralph in the Diggers the Friday night before the Cup Final, he had his Steelers polo shirt on if you remember, and as I have no knowledge of the NFL I have to go with the Steelers! :teehee:

TH, you met me and my pal Ralph in the Diggers the Friday night before the Cup Final, he had his Steelers polo shirt on if you remember, and as I have no knowledge of the NFL I have to go with the Steelers! :teehee:

Mac, we also met in a bar in Orlando July 2008 just before we came back to Scotland :thumbsup:

Welker and Mangolds back and forth, genius, gotta love both those guys.

An admirable attempt at a response but not in the same league as Welkers "toe" press conference, Mangold should stick to playing center as he is no doubt one of the best around, despite a very poor hair style :blink:

I agree with you, I love the way this is getting ratched up, hopefully the game lives up to its billing

J.T.F.Robertson

I'm not confident about today. :( These two always play it tight and I just have a feeling it's Baltimore's turn this time.

I hope my pessimism is proven unfounded.

Sterling Archer

I'm not confident about today. :( These two always play it tight and I just have a feeling it's Baltimore's turn this time.

Ray Rice has been throwing up since last night, no word on if he'll play, he'd be a huge loss.

It certainly helped that the Baltimore offence was posted missing in the 3rd 1/4

and it looks like the Falcons have a massive struggle against Green Bay, especially if Ryan is going to throw bonehead passes like the last pick.

And the falcons defence seems to have taken the day off today as well

SHOCKING defence by the Falcons, what a time to play there worst game of the season.

Got to be New England for the super bowl now.

Well of course it has been difficult to view them live in New Jersey !! -- but I have done so twice on my previous trips so at least I can say I have seen my adopted team live -- also saw a win -- honestly -- least said about the other time the better.

Now you gotta have faith and since Ryan arrived we have come on leaps and bounds from previous seasons -- such limited success along with easier access to TV coverage has meant I have been able to view them on a more regular basis -- I did not make the easy choice all those years ago and pick the Giants or the Dolphins (never mind the Colts or the Pats) -- like my football team I cannot be accused of being a glory hunter. :thumbsup:

Having lived 9 years Stateside it didnt take me too long to adopt The Pats as "my team" It was probably more to do with the fact that I supported The Red Sox through a couple of friends one of which was a massive Pats fan. No glory hunter status here, I was first introduced to them 1999/2000, certainly didnt have to wait too long to enjoy seeing them winning the ultimate prize, 3 times in fact :whistling: .

But today is another day of course and no doubt its gonna be a tough one and hopefully a good one. I certainly dont buy into some of the predictions both on here and in the media that the Pats are a shoe-in (no, that isnt a reference to Fat Rex's foot fetish) but of course I wont complain too much if it turns out that way. Either way, I'll be back tomorrow to either take your snash :verymad: or give you some of mines :thumbsup:

Enjoy the game.........But not too much

GO PATS

Oh Dear, This isn't good, last week I was 1-3, this week I stand at 2-0 which doesnt bode well for my predictions today. Dont feel good that I may have use my 2 correct picks already :whistling:

Good call from Big Ben on that 60 yard pass to Brown with 2 mins left. Was obviously a risk but reality is, if it was picked off the field position was still pretty poor for the Ravens so it was a risk worth taking and it obviously worked out. Didnt think it was going to be The Steelers night especially in the first half when The Ravens defense knocked Roethlisberger about pretty good.

Great performance from The Packers and Rodgers, havent always been convinced about The Falcons this season so it wasnt so big a shock that The PAckers went through but Rodgers performance deserves a load of praise, his completed pass percentage must have been pretty high and he was pretty mobile ducking and diving his way out of tackles, fair play to the guy.

Another 2 good games coming up today, just hope that I have at least 1 correct pick left in me and if I do lets hope its game 2 :whistling:

Randle P McMurphy

dont claim to be an expert but aaron rodgers is having a blinder

this guy is going to win it for green bay

Maroon Bay 48-21 against the Falcons. I am just totally gob-smacked - what a 2nd Q. I had them written off after the defeat to the Patriots in December - didn't think they'd clinch a wild card never mind make the Conference Final.

green-bay-packers-helmet.jpg

Sterling Archer

SHOCKING defence by the Falcons, what a time to play there worst game of the season.

Got to be New England for the super bowl now.

What about the team that just gubbed the falcons?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Green Bay were my NFC pick from the outset. I now have a notion that they will lose to Seattle in the conference final.

J.T.F.Robertson

It certainly helped that the Baltimore offence was posted missing in the 3rd 1/4

and it looks like the Falcons have a massive struggle against Green Bay, especially if Ryan is going to throw bonehead passes like the last pick.

And the falcons defence seems to have taken the day off today as well

I'd pretty much thrown in the towel at HT, but the Rice fumble completely changed the game. When Pittsburgh cashed in on that, the cameras panned to the Ravens' sideline and I swear you could see a complete change in their demeanor. The Steeler D took the game over from there.

I did breath a rather large sigh of relief following this call though.

58821063.jpg

P.S. The Packers looked scary last night.

J.T.F.Robertson

Oh Dear, This isn't good, last week I was 1-3, this week I stand at 2-0 which doesnt bode well for my predictions today. Dont feel good that I may have use my 2 correct picks already :whistling:

Good call from Big Ben on that 60 yard pass to Brown with 2 mins left. Was obviously a risk but reality is, if it was picked off the field position was still pretty poor for the Ravens so it was a risk worth taking and it obviously worked out. Didnt think it was going to be The Steelers night especially in the first half when The Ravens defense knocked Roethlisberger about pretty good.

Great performance from The Packers and Rodgers, havent always been convinced about The Falcons this season so it wasnt so big a shock that The PAckers went through but Rodgers performance deserves a load of praise, his completed pass percentage must have been pretty high and he was pretty mobile ducking and diving his way out of tackles, fair play to the guy.

Another 2 good games coming up today, just hope that I have at least 1 correct pick left in me and if I do lets hope its game 2 :whistling:

Exactly right, Tom, although Brown did a decent impersonation of how not to catch it. :o

Exactly right, Tom, although Brown did a decent impersonation of how not to catch it. :o

He did have full control of the ball, against his helmet ;)

And that call was well dodgy on the Ravens return touchdown. If the Ravens had won then they'd have had their signature playoff moment with The Fumble in the first quarter.

Packers were awesome, since they qualified they have looked like a bad 6th seed to get drawn against in the playoffs. They could go all the way doing it on the road every game.

0-2 on my picks though, never pick teams with birds seems to be the motto, so seachickens should burn tomorrow and keeping the flying motif, the jets should crash.

J.T.F.Robertson

And that call was well dodgy on the Ravens return touchdown. If the Ravens had won then they'd have had their signature playoff moment with The Fumble in the first quarter.

Packers were awesome, since they qualified they have looked like a bad 6th seed to get drawn against in the playoffs. They could go all the way doing it on the road every game.

0-2 on my picks though, never pick teams with birds seems to be the motto, so seachickens should burn tomorrow and keeping the flying motif, the jets should crash.

It's clearly a hold, although I'm sure there are many like it, missed on a regular basis. (and the Steeler guy did slightly embelish it)

If they do, and if I'm right, they would be the second team to do so. :whistling:

Can you promise me that :unsure:

It's clearly a hold, although I'm sure there are many like it, missed on a regular basis. (and the Steeler guy did slightly embelish it)

If they do, and if I'm right, they would be the second team to do so. :whistling:

Hey James, who you wanting to face next week? I'm assuming you would prefer the home tie against The Jests ?

J.T.F.Robertson

Hey James, who you wanting to face next week? I'm assuming you would prefer the home tie against The Jests ?

With Ben's record versus Brady being akin to Flacco's against Ben, you know the answer to that one. ;)

I think it's safe to say we'll be coming to your place. :down:

Seattle look to be really struggling defensively on the Bears' pitch. Lots of stumbling and missed tackles.

Not looking good for The Seahawks.

Seattle look to be really struggling defensively on the Bears' pitch. Lots of stumbling and missed tackles.

Not looking good for The Seahawks.

An absolute pumping so far...

An absolute pumping so far...

I take it back.

They're gash on offense as well. Can't blame the pitch for their wide receivers girly attempts at catching.

Can you promise me that :unsure:

If I could promise such things then I would not need to work ever again. :D

But here's hoping the Pats shut Ryans fat mouth for a little while at least today.

If I could promise such things then I would not need to work ever again. :D

But here's hoping the Pats shut Ryans fat mouth for a little while at least today.

We're still here and the shock (for some) is still on -- time to back up words with action -- Ryan talks and the world listens -- well the USA at least :whistling:

We're still here and the shock (for some) is still on -- time to back up words with action -- Ryan talks and the world listens -- well the USA at least :whistling:

we'll see in a few hours whether he talks the talk but minces the walk ;p

Sterling Archer

The hobos have more chance of winning the cup this year.

That seems a strange thing to say what with the Any Given Sunday nature of the NFL?

boabyarsebiscuit

Jets looking decent.

Looks like they've got New England's number. They keep this up, they win. New England don't kook like scoring. Interesting game.

What a catch by Homes.

I thought Pats would win this with ease to be honest, I expected all the Jets smacktalk to come back and bite them in the arse.

What a catch by Homes.

I thought Pats would win this with ease to be honest, I expected all the Jets smacktalk to come back and bite them in the arse.

WHERE ARE ALL THE DOUBTERS NOW ? -- JET POWER :teehee:

we'll see in a few hours whether he talks the talk but minces the walk ;p

The walk has been walked -- who's crying now !!

Geoff Kilpatrick

Terrible, terrible stuff. Tom Brady seems to have contracted Womanningitis in the playoffs. :(

Can probably close this thread now, probably going to get quiet in here....

I'd say us cheeseheads need to keep this thread going just for the annoyance factor.

Packers @ Bears, ooooooooooooooooooooooh. The only problem is that it will be shown on Fox Sport here and I do not have that channel, so will have to stick with Radio 5, unless I can find a stream.

Please, please, please anybody but the Jets to win this.

It's all up for grabs now but I fancy Green Bay. Aaron Rodgers is a terrific QB, a joy to watch.

Archived