NFL. Play-Offs Looming (2010 New Thread)

Tom Heaney

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What idiot would have taken the Saints and Colts to win yesterdays games :whistling:

Note to self......Dont pick The Pats next week :ninja:

2 deserved winners yesterday although the medias darling must take some blame for leaving so much time on the clock on that last series of plays. That may be a bit harsh but gotta have a go at someone for allowing The Jests to progress.

Well Ryan and his fans have gotten what they wanted, a pop a Belichick and Brady in that New England backwater next weekend, certainly wont be another 45-3 blowout and honestly at this stage I'm gonna keep ma gub shut and not make a prediction but that could change come next week :woot:

After yesterdays results and my predictions I guess a betteing man would now be going for The Packers and The Chiefs :verymad:

Geoff Kilpatrick

I take comfort in the fact the Jests are coming to Foxborough. Rather them than the Ravens.

I take comfort in the fact the Jests are coming to Foxborough. Rather them than the Ravens.

Saw something on ESPN when they were discussing who could go deep into the playoffs that the Ravens are about the only team in the NFL that truly believe they can play the Pats and beat them.

After my feeling about the Giants I am going to refrain from picking any further.

I'm just happy that the niners finally have an offense minded HC in Jim Harbaugh and an interpretation of the West Coast Offence is finally coming back home. Might not trouble the playoffs next year especially with the CBA kerfuffle but this appointment feels different from all the others we've had recently, a lot more positive

How are the Packers lucky to be there? They've had terrible luck all year.

What was the terrible luck that other teams didnt have to contend with?

alwaysthereinspirit

What idiot would have taken the Saints and Colts to win yesterdays games :whistling:

Note to self......Dont pick The Pats next week :ninja:

2 deserved winners yesterday although the medias darling must take some blame for leaving so much time on the clock on that last series of plays. That may be a bit harsh but gotta have a go at someone for allowing The Jests to progress.

Well Ryan and his fans have gotten what they wanted, a pop a Belichick and Brady in that New England backwater next weekend, certainly wont be another 45-3 blowout and honestly at this stage I'm gonna keep ma gub shut and not make a prediction but that could change come next week :woot:

After yesterdays results and my predictions I guess a betteing man would now be going for The Packers and The Chiefs :verymad:

Ryan will this week give more bulletin board material to Brady and the Patriots than they'll know what to do with. He wont know how to shut up.

WEEI on line should be a good listen for you this week.

The build up will be electric. Cant come quick enough for me.

Ryan will this week give more bulletin board material to Brady and the Patriots than they'll know what to do with. He wont know how to shut up.

WEEI on line should be a good listen for you this week.

The build up will be electric. Cant come quick enough for me.

It sure will, The lassies in my office are already bored to heck with it, I have explained that needs must and its only for a few more weeks then they can have a break until April :whistling:

Sterling Archer

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110109/SPORTS03/101090370/Colts-WR-Wayne-s-single-catch-leaves-him-fuming?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CIndyStar.com%7Cs

"More frustrating to Wayne was the fact quarterback Peyton Manning delivered only one pass in his direction."

"He sent a team-high eight each to rookie receiver Blair White and tight end Jacob Tamme."

Cromartie blew a coverage but other than that looks like I was right on the money here.

A fully healthy colts team would have won that game comfortably last night we missed clark and collie badly. I cant see the jets doing anything against the patriots unless the patriots have a massive off day. As much as I hate to say it I hope Belichick and Brady shut up Ryan like they did last time. As for the game the only people to blame for the defeat were jim caldwell for that idiotic timeout at the end, not the first time he has made a stupid call like that and the special team who were just crap all night. If they hadnt gave up good field postion at the end we probably win the game.

Well done to Seattle I never saw that one coming and that run from Lynch has to be one of the best runs I have seen in a long time.

And the Jets go marching on :rolleyes:

Now for revenge - marching on through those small town teams as we go onwards to the Superbowl !!

Sterling Archer

Nnamdi's just had his contract voided, is a free agent. Imagine him alongside Revis.

alwaysthereinspirit

Now for revenge - marching on through those small town teams as we go onwards to the Superbowl !!

You are aware that the NEW YORK Jests are actually from a small town in the state of New Jersey?:P

DeJa Vu from KB's resident Jester

You are aware that the NEW YORK Jests are actually from a small town in the state of New Jersey?:P

Just look at the history of his posts on the subject, do you really think he knows too much about the New Jersey Jests

rossthejambo

Ravens look pretty good. Think the Steelers will be a bit worried about them coming to town.

J.T.F.Robertson

Ravens look pretty good. Think the Steelers will be a bit worried about them coming to town.

They have looked good, but we'll leave the worrying to them. ;)

Just look at the history of his posts on the subject, do you really think he knows too much about the New Jersey Jests

Well of course it has been difficult to view them live in New Jersey !! -- but I have done so twice on my previous trips so at least I can say I have seen my adopted team live -- also saw a win -- honestly -- least said about the other time the better.

Now you gotta have faith and since Ryan arrived we have come on leaps and bounds from previous seasons -- such limited success along with easier access to TV coverage has meant I have been able to view them on a more regular basis -- I did not make the easy choice all those years ago and pick the Giants or the Dolphins (never mind the Colts or the Pats) -- like my football team I cannot be accused of being a glory hunter. :thumbsup:

Seeing that dog murder throwing the interception and the eagles going out was a rather pleasing way to end the game. Kevin Kolb must be smiling somewhere in the locker room.

Goodbye Vick! :)

Glad the dog torturer is out.

Like that wee Deshawn Jackson fella though, he's nippy as ****.

Like many I didnt give the Seahawks much of a chance this weekend so that is probably the biggest shock but I'm pretty suprised that The Packers pulled through yesterday. They are much criticised for being 1 dimensional but yesterday they run the ball much more than normal and handed the ball to the rookie Starks who had a blinder (23 carries 120+ yards). No love for Philly or Vicks so hats off to The Pack and not only must they be thankful to Starks they should also say a wee thanks to Ackers for those to very kickable misses :whistling:

Onwards and upwards to this weekend, few interesting match-ups, think I need time to think my picks after a miserable 1-3 this weekend :yucky:

went 3-1 last weekend, Seattle was the one that tripped me up.

This weekend I'm going with:

Patriots, comfortably

Steelers in a close one

Falcons

Bears.

Sterling Archer

went 3-1 last weekend, Seattle was the one that tripped me up.

This weekend I'm going with:

Patriots, comfortably

Steelers in a close one

Falcons

Bears.

Pats (uncomfortably)

Ravens

Packers

Bears

Pats (uncomfortably)

Ravens

Packers

Bears

I reckon Pats by 2 TDs minimum. Rexy boy has been shooting his mouth off as per too much and giving Belicheks team talk for him

Ravens in a squeaker

Falcons

Bears

I just hope the Seachickens get absolutely humped.

Geoff Kilpatrick

AFC:

Ravens 13-16 Steelers (OT) - new rule comes into play for the first time

Jests 17-31 Patriots - Fat Rex spontaneously combusts and Cromartie gets a massive GIRUY

NFC:

Seahawks 24-23 Bears - Seahawks are repeating what the Cards did a couple of years ago and will host the NFC title game

Packers 13-10 Falcons - No1 seed out

AFC:

Ravens 13-16 Steelers (OT) - new rule comes into play for the first time

Jests 17-31 Patriots - Fat Rex spontaneously combusts and Cromartie gets a massive GIRUY

NFC:

Seahawks 24-23 Bears - Seahawks are repeating what the Cards did a couple of years ago and will host the NFC title game

Packers 13-10 Falcons - No1 seed out

Geoff, What is it with these guys. The Jests are evidently a good team, Rex can obviously coach and Cromartie can play a wee bit, but the one thing they do best is let their gobs run and give the Pats bulletin board more material than it can cope with

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b7VXr

http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/massarotti/2011/01/do_jets_just_hate_brady_or_fea.html

OK, Canny hold off on my predictions any longer

Jests at 3 Time Super Bowls Champions and MVP Tom Brady..........The Pats

Ravens at Steelers.......Steelers

Seahawks at Bears........The Bears

Packers at Falcons.........Packers

Lets hope that if I'm gonna go 1-3 again this weekend then the 1 is The New England Patriots :woot:

Being a huge Steelers fan, I hope they go all the way again and win the Superbowl! I despise the Ravens too.

My Picks:

Jets @ Pats = Jets

Ravens @ Steelers = Steelers

Seahawks @ Bears = Bears

Packers @ Falcons = Falcons

Sterling Archer

Would anyone be hugely shocked if the Ravens/Steeler and Packers/Falcons went the other way to what they projected.

They're just far too close to call, should be good. thumbsup.gif

Patriots

Ravens

Packers

Bears

Although the Ravens and Packers could go either way tbh. Even the Seahawks could come up with another shock performance. Should be a good weekend of FOOTBALL!!! :thumbsup:

Would anyone be hugely shocked if the Ravens/Steeler and Packers/Falcons went the other way to what they projected.

They're just far too close to call, should be good. thumbsup.gif

Absolutley agree. My picks could very easily be Ravens, Falcons & Seahawks. Just couldnt bring myself to pick the Jests that would be like picking Hibs over Hearts although the reality is all 4 games could go either way and I think we will see that in the picks we see on here. If I'm being honest I think the neutrals are being very generous in picking the Pats 100% of the time. Its a dangerous game and both sides know it. I really cant wait for the game should be pretty intense

Although Jones also dropped an easy catch for a certain TD, its all ifs and buts.

This week

Jets to get blown away by Pats

Ravens to edge out Steelers maybe even in OT

Bears to win a tight one at home to Seattle

Packers to keep me crapping it right to the end again, but just edging it in Atlanta.

I think they all could be close games (except Jets @ Pats) should be a good weekend.

Hey Brian, of course its all if's in buts but if we are being fair The Eagles were the team that threw it away but fair play to The Pack. You didnt agree that I thought they were lucky to be in the Play-Offs and thats fair enough and you dont agree that they were lucky last week and thats also fair comment. But be warned, that if you do make the Superbowl and you are "unlucky" enough to face The Pats then all the luck in the worls wont help ya :whistling:

Crikey I cant even agree with ya on your prediction that The Pats will blow out The Jests but I do hope yer right :thumbsup:

Tom I wouldn't worry if I were you, the whole Jets staff seem to be intent on setting themselves up for a huge fall with their comments this week. As usual all the right noises coming from Pats camp.

The Jets need to just shut up and try working out a game plan, maybe they should look at the tape of the Packers@Pats game as we nearly won without a QB, which is almost what the Jets need to do too.

Is Nearly the same as If's and Buts Brian he he he he he

It is pretty close, LOL.

The Packers season has been all about ifs and buts with so many close games, not so for the Pats.

When you play in Green White & Gold thats what happens :ninja:

alwaysthereinspirit

I think for the Jets to have any chance Sunday, Brady will have to be $#!te and Sanchez perfect.

Cromartie most likely killed any chance of Brady having an off day.

Cromartie dared Brady to throw it near him. Chances are Brady will throw it just far enough away from him that only Branch can catch it as he runs by him.

Cant wait for Sunday.:thumbsup:

I think for the Jets to have any chance Sunday, Brady will have to be $#!te and Sanchez perfect.

Cromartie most likely killed any chance of Brady having an off day.

Cromartie dared Brady to throw it near him. Chances are Brady will throw it just far enough away from him that only Branch can catch it as he runs by him.

Cant wait for Sunday.:thumbsup:

Who was it that had a simaler spat with Brady a few years back and Brady just killed him all day. May have been someone on The Chargers defense and Brady just showed him up for what he was. Must do a wee bit digging now :rolleyes:

alwaysthereinspirit

Who was it that had a simaler spat with Brady a few years back and Brady just killed him all day. May have been someone on The Chargers defense and Brady just showed him up for what he was. Must do a wee bit digging now :rolleyes:

Smith from the Steelers I think.

My Picks:

Jets @ Pats = Pats.

Cant make up my mind who I really want to this one. Would like to support the Jets in this one but I really cant stand rex ryan anymore. If the Jets do win part of me would be happy as the pats are out just as long as the Jets dont go all the way and win it. The thought of Ryan's ego getting even bigger than it allready is with a super bowl win and him going on about how great he is all summer dosnt bear thinking about.

Ravens @ Steelers = Steelers

Think the steelers will win this one. I just dont like the Ravens for some reason never really work out why.

Seahawks @ Bears = Bears

Think the Bears will win this one. It might be asking a lot for seattle to pull of another upset but you never know.

Packers @ Falcons = Packers

This one is a close one not to sure whos going to win it but I would like to see Packers V Bears in the next round.

Smith from the Steelers I think.

Thats the fella, After a pretty 1 sided game didnt that prompt the normally quiet Belichick to say "we have played against better safetys than him" Thing is the guy was a rookie at the time and here he was trying to endear himself to the Pitsburgh faithful by guaranteeing a win

Archived