Recommend me a restaurant!

Acey

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Legend Claws
La Partenope is shan since it changed hands.

It was fleetingly marvellous.

Nice use of 'shan'

When did it change hands? Not been in well over a year.

dalkeithjambo

If you like Chinese, why not try Karens which is near commie pool. They used to have restaurant at meadowbank for anyone that remembers it.

For more traditional but a little out of town try the Longniddry inn, the manager who works their is a nutter, but in a funny way. Its always busy, i made a booking last saturday for tomorrow and we can only get in at 1830, very busy and popular place.

Also out nearer where i live is the Coronation inn, fantastic food in near as well.

davemclaren
What is the best Italian restaurant in Edinburgh?

Someone recommended one to me before beginning with P, but I can't remember what it was :o

I used to like Tinneli's in Fester Road. Don't even know if it's still there.... :mw_rolleyes:

I used to like Tinneli's in Fester Road. Don't even know if it's still there.... :mw_rolleyes:

It is indeed

What is the best Italian restaurant in Edinburgh?

Someone recommended one to me before beginning with P, but I can't remember what it was :o

Not a fan of Italian food to be honest however the best Italian restaurant I have been to is La Favorita. Excellent gourmet pasta and antipasti.

EDIT: Oh .... Bellini's in the New Town is not that bad either. However as above Italian food is not my kinda thing....... :cool:

Not a fan of Italian food to be honest however the best Italian restaurant I have been to is La Favorita. Excellent gourmet pasta and antipasti.

EDIT: Oh .... Bellini's in the New Town is not that bad either. However as above Italian food is not my kinda thing....... :cool:

Favorita is indeed a fantastic place. They do a great range of food and not just the usual pasta and pizza. They occasionally do an amazing steak cooked in a balsamic sauce. Everytime my father in law visits Edinburgh he insists on going there. Though that is also down to the old sod lehing after the waitresses.

Tinelli is great but little known and fantastic for authentic Italian food.

Have been to La Favorita once, and had a pizza, but I preferred the ones you get from the Caprice in Musselburgh. Not been for over a year now, and apparently their pizzas have gone downhill too :(

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Never been to Tinelli's, I always thought it looked like some old school italian place (i've worked on Easter Rd for years)

It's allegedly (from what I've read in the papers) one of the best PROPER italian restaurants in the UK.

Loads of famous people flock there apparently

http://shopping.guardian.co.uk/food/story/0,,853718,00.html

davemclaren
true,I always gor for the venison even though its a bit deer:):)

I think you're telling us porkies. :P

La Partenope is shan since it changed hands.

It was fleetingly marvellous.

Apparently the guy that ran La Partenope now runs a new place at the foot of Broughton Street - Bella Mbriana.

Not been yet, but heard good things about it on a par with La Partenope of old.

Another thumbs up for First Coast from me, top notch grub and their pre-theatre menu is a bargain.

I can recommend the Skerries restaurant at West Coates.

Sunday lunch today - most splendid.

Buffalo Bill

The Apartment at Bruntsfield is great, nice appearance and mood lighting.

Buffalo Grill at Raeburn Place is awesome and great for a slightly bigger group (do not miss out on the rib starter - at any cost).

...and my 'local', Fabios; nice little family run rezza in the Corstorphine badlands. Now that we have the little 'un, the wife and I are more than happy to go there when the mother 'n' law babysits for us.

It's all about the wine, Baby. Happy days all round.

Buffalo Bill

davemclaren
The Apartment at Bruntsfield is great, nice appearance and mood lighting.

Buffalo Grill at Raeburn Place is awesome and great for a slightly bigger group (do not miss out on the rib starter - at any cost).

...and my 'local', Fabios; nice little family run rezza in the Corstorphine badlands. Now that we have the little 'un, the wife and I are more than happy to go there when the mother 'n' law babysits for us.

It's all about the wine, Baby. Happy days all round.

Buffalo Bill

Fabios is pretty good. Been there about 3 or 4 times over the last 5 years or so...

The Buffalo Grill in Potterrow is good as well. :)

Buffalo Bill
Fabios is pretty good. Been there about 3 or 4 times over the last 5 years or so...

The Buffalo Grill in Potterrow is good as well. :)

I've never been to the Potterow one. Dunno why, i guess I've always just stayed loyal to Stockbridge because I know what to expect and I really like Stockbridge anyway.

Fabios isn't the best in Edinburgh or anything. But I love it and the lemon sorbet arives inside a real lemon!

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill
I understand the Diggers is doing a nice line in red peppers.....

It was very Yoko Ono of you to bring a red pepper into the pub.

"You are here", etc...

yokotop1.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Favorita is indeed a fantastic place. They do a great range of food and not just the usual pasta and pizza. They occasionally do an amazing steak cooked in a balsamic sauce. Everytime my father in law visits Edinburgh he insists on going there. Though that is also down to the old sod lehing after the waitresses.

Tinelli is great but little known and fantastic for authentic Italian food.

Have to disagree Last time I was at Favorite the meal was so over salted (very bad sign) and the service was gash... Miko was there tho.

Tinelli's is still there and excellent.. get the snails!

BervieJambo
Also your opinion on McKenzies is mince. The steaks are excellent and I would never say the atmosphere is stuffy.

Last time I was in Mackenzies (a couple of years back), me & the missus had a table next to Graham Rix and Jim Duffy. Does that count as a stuffy atmosphere?

Archived