Walter Bishop

Jambo, Goodbye

D Fletcher = worst Scotland captain ever

B Robson = heap of sh**e

S Naismith = without refs help, nothing

S Whittaker = garbage left back

C LEVEIN = Garbage international manager

K Black = what exactly does he do

Considering he was under pressure for the entire match and had to deal with Rosicky a few times with the exception of about 2 or 3 fouls I thought Whittaker was one of the better players tonight.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darren Fletcher is absolutely atrocious in a Scotland shirt. It's a shame since he's clearly a very good footballer at Man Utd and gets asked to do things in a Scotland shirt which aren't his regular game but that still doesn't excuse his lack of basic skills in a Scotland shirt.

Hearts Machine

Levein has surrounded himself with yes men, none of whom (just like himself) have any experience of management in European football.

Craven cowardice tonight. He deserves all that is coming his way from the press.

There will be loads coming his way. Terrible tactics. :verymad:

Francis Albert

Got exactly what we deserved. You have to wonder what is the point of playing football like we did tonight. Ok you might get lucky and extend your slim hopes of qualifying. But we have always and will always play a lot more qualifying games than we will ever play in finals. Why not at least try to enjoy them?

(Not specifically aimed at Levein - we've been playing this ultra-cautious stuff for longer than I care to remember)

Jeez in his interview after the match Craig Levein sounds like Yogi the buffoon.

ToadKiller Dog

Its Craig Levein buying into Uncle walters tactics thats letting Scotland and the players down with Anti Football

He should trust the players to play the game like any other team , Would rather have Grandpa Broon back .

Levein you are a ******* knob.

Anyone hear his interview?

He was saying that he picked this formation to play the Czechs and it will change for Tuesday.

So what is he going to do? He played a 4-1-5-0 against a team ranked what 35th in the world? What on Tuesday everybody on the goal line.

######.

Rudolf's Mate

WTF... It's hard to change ur philosphy after losing a goal! You lose a goal you change it you ******!

Rudolf's Mate

Levein you are a ******* knob.

Anyone hear his interview?

He was saying that he picked this formation to play the Czechs and it will change for Tuesday.

So what is he going to do? He played a 4-1-5-0 against a team ranked what 35th in the world? What on Tuesday everybody on the goal line.

######.

Don't be feckin silly... He'll do that with 1 up front!

Its Craig Levein buying into Uncle walters tactics thats letting Scotland and the players down with Anti Football

He should trust the players to play the game like any other team , Would rather have Grandpa Broon back .

Even Andy Roxburgh, thats how bad that was!

Paul Hartley called it right, nice to hear a view from someone who calls it as he sees it!

The Puppeteer

Shocking, absolutely shocking tactics - the team selection wasn't all that bad but when they're asked to play like that there's only one result. I actually can't remember seeing any team ever play without a forward - ever. How the **** are you supposed to take anything from a match without attacking?

We deserve better. The squad actually deserves better because they're far better than that. Listening to Paul Hartley you could tell he's not impressed with Levein in the slightest and unless there's a drastic turn around against Spain Levein should be done away with.

Steven Naysmith, how dissapointed are you.

Well normally when ah fall down a get a free kick.

But I never got one tonight because the referee wiznae corrupt.

Canny wait to get back to the premier league.

mikescotland

He might be buying in to them, but he doesn't seem to be able to carry them out half as well as Smith's teams have done. I also don't think man yoo or France away can be compared to playing a poor Czech team as a time when you'd play very defensively. He also didn't have anyone up front for them to aim at and relieve some pressure.

He may have been trying to copy the huns at old trafford, but the team didn't look half as organized tonight as smith had the huns playing. I just don't understand what Levein was thinking with the formation, it's not even one the players are familiar with. Why not just play 4-5-1?

Shocking, absolutely shocking tactics - the team selection wasn't all that bad but when they're asked to play like that there's only one result. I actually can't remember seeing any team ever play without a forward - ever. How the **** are you supposed to take anything from a match without attacking?

We deserve better. The squad actually deserves better because they're far better than that. Listening to Paul Hartley you could tell he's not impressed with Levein in the slightest and unless there's a drastic turn around against Spain Levein should be done away with.

Levein should never have got the job.

ToadKiller Dog

Seriously if Levein and the players think we were doing well for 70mins then Football is dead for Scotland .

It was like that Simpsons episode when homer is a boxer and faced dredrick tatum .

Don't be feckin silly... He'll do that with 1 up front!

He sounded like a man who hasn't a ******* clue tonight!

He contributed nothing. Didn't think the referee was great but he was unbiasedly ordinary. Isn't it extraordinary how players like Naismith and Whittaker struggled under these circumstances. When Stein said Sellic when given 2 options will always sign the prod, do Rangers sign players who may not be more skillful but can be taught to cheat without getting punished, (in Scotland).

boy_in_maroon

being Hearts fans we all know how negitive is, the czech's were there tonight for the taking, but levein got it wrong, by a long chalk, cant wait to see how he is going to line up against spain

is'nt hibs looking for a gaffer? :whistling:

To the diehards TA (mugs?) that went to Prague..........ever get the feeling you've been cheated?.....If you knew CL was going to play that formation, would you really have went over there?

Respect to you all.

The Mighty Thor

He got it wrong in Kaunas. He got it wrong against Lichtenstein FFS, they were playing keep ball against us for long spells. He got it so badly wrong tonight. He deserves all the flack heading his way. Clueless.

who in your great wisdom should of got it instead?

Strachan - before he went to Middlesboro there was an opportunity to empty Burley.

Indeed Strachan might be tempted now if Levein could be forced to resign by the press.

jamboinglasgow

Strachan - before he went to Middlesboro there was an opportunity to empty Burley.

Indeed Strachan might be tempted now if Levein could be forced to resign by the press.

Strachan plays similar football to Levein (maybe not to the nth degree.)

If he wasn't a Judas prick Smith.

I can't think of any other Scottish managers that are good enough that would take it.

hearts_crazy

Fletcher's passing has let him down on a few occasions tonight

No shit Sherlock. Fletcher gives NOTHING to Scotland, and he's not the only one in that team that would be better just staying at home

That formation was probably the stupidest most boring formation ever shat upon World football. When the commentator said at the start 'it's what we're told is a 4-6 formation' I was half expecting to see Levien in the background, being led away in a strait jacket. Never heard of anything so ridiculous in my life. What the **** is wrong with a 4-5-1 if you want to play defensive, leave KENNY ******* MILLER up top so that when the stupid morons hoof the ball up the pitch at least there's someone up there to get the ball. No ******* brainer I would have thought. But seriously how ******* thick are our players, even though they know we are playing with no-one up front (see how ridiculous that sounds Levein?) they still kept hoofing the ball up the pitch.

If we play with a similar set up on Tuesday we will get absolutely horsed

Strachan plays similar football to Levein (maybe not to the nth degree.)

Strachan had an extremely successful record in European football. Levein has very little other than a decent result away in Bordeaux and a good result against Braga.

His club record is mediocre and he has basically no European football record. That's why he shouldn't have got the job.

He was the right candidate at the time but looks like it's been a bit too big a task

The Future's Maroon

As I said to folk before the game....I would be ******* fuming if I had shelled out hundreds of pounds to go and watch that...infact I would be asking for my money back - those fans work hard for their money and get served up that sh*t...every single footsoldier was cheated and conned tonight - they should all at least get into the Spain game for free. Credit to them they still sung their hearts out - but ultimately they were let down....not by the players, but the manager.

It actually showed in the last 15mins that we should have played a 4-4-2 or even just a 4-5-1....they were not good...infact they were very shaky at the back.

What makes it worse is we play Spain on Tuesday!

Back to 2005

Unbelievable. Scottish football really has hit rock bottom. If we had any decency we would withdraw from international football.

jamboinglasgow

If he wasn't a Judas prick Smith.

I can't think of any other Scottish managers that are good enough that would take it.

Thats my point, it is wrong to say Levein should never got the job, he needs to change from being too-cautious, but the sad thing is Scottish football has created a situation that we need to be defensive to compete with teams who may not be larger then us but are more technical.

I want Levein to work, I think he has a lot to bring to the wider job and ideas that will help Scottish football as a whole, problem is he needs to change the tactics. Just chucking him away fails to solve the larger problems and distracts.

Seymour M Hersh

Strachan had an extremely successful record in European football. Levein has very little other than a decent result away in Bordeaux and a good result against Braga.

His club record is mediocre and he has basically no European football record. That's why he shouldn't have got the job.

How's his international record?

How's his international record?

Not great so far. Scraped a point against Lithuania. Nearly the worst result in the country's history against Lichtenstein. Cowardly loss tonight.

Ray Winstone

Sounds like I made a good decision to sleep before work rather than watch the game.

Did Levein not try a similar 6-4-0 formation at Celtic Park at one point?

You are using :rofl: way too much LP :whistling::lol:

I wouldn't have to use it if people stopped posting such ridiculous shit. :thumbsup:

Archived