The official JKB "RYDER CUP" thread.

Walter Bishop

The Mighty Thor

Following on from the Addicted to Chilli thread i thought it would be a good idea to make a big pot for the whole Ryder Cup weekend. I doubt it will stretch to Monday :(

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thankfully i saw sense to take Monday off too, Clever boy Baz :thumbsup:

Did that myself pat on the back for me

Gutted currently. Imagine being there and this was your only day. I'd be very very upset. Sod Wales..Gleneagles would have been perfect today.

Sighs..Scotland was an option before 2014!

Sergio Garcia

Gutted currently. Imagine being there and this was your only day. I'd be very very upset. Sod Wales..Gleneagles would have been perfect today.

Sighs..Scotland was an option before 2014!

Celtic Manor is fine, just bad luck with the weather, we are all in the lap of the gods in this country in regard to the weather!

The Mighty Thor

I doubt they'll get much more golf in today!

Radio 5 reporting it's still pishing it down at the moment :(

Celtic Manor is fine, just bad luck with the weather, we are all in the lap of the gods in this country in regard to the weather!

I know..just had this whole day off planned in my head and its gone breasts upwards. :verymad:

I reckon there's a good chance of a sudden flu epidemic sweeping the UK on Monday, thanks to this poxy weather... :whistling:

The Mighty Thor

The land that the 2010 course has been built on is in a valley and the original 18 holes (of which 9 survive) was notoriously wet, which is surprising when you build a golf course in a valley next to a river. Think Cardrona or Haddington the latter of which you could canoe down certain fairways in the winter.

The course was soaking wet when they played the wales open in June.

Say What Again

BBC tweeting that the US team aren't happy with their waterproofs so have bought their own from the Celtic Manor shop. :P

I hope it hammers down on Sunday, then the local will show the Chelsea v Arsenal game. :thumbsup:

Cyprus Jambo

Thankfully i saw sense to take Monday off too, Clever boy Baz :thumbsup:

Thought you were on the Pat and Mick?

The Mighty Thor

BBC tweeting that the US team aren't happy with their waterproofs so have bought their own from the Celtic Manor shop. :P

I read that earlier on. I wonder which manufacturer will be getting a tanking over this?

If they'd asked any regular UK club golfer about waterproofs they'd probably point you in the right direction :whistling:

I P Knightley

I reckon there's a good chance of a sudden flu epidemic sweeping the UK on Monday, thanks to this poxy weather... :whistling:

Tube strike in London - fantastic excuse for most.

Unfortunately I can't use that excuse as I cycle every day...

Except Mondays. I just, erm, remembered that I can't cycle on Mondays due to, errm, some stuff.

The Mighty Thor

Tube strike in London - fantastic excuse for most.

Unfortunately I can't use that excuse as I cycle every day...

Except Mondays. I just, erm, remembered that I can't cycle on Mondays due to, errm, some stuff.

'inner' Tube strike? :whistling:

Sergio Garcia

I know..just had this whole day off planned in my head and its gone breasts upwards. :verymad:

Im in the other boat i will get to see much more now :thumbsup:

The Mighty Thor

No announcement now until 4pm

That's golf for today spunked.

Monday finish it is then. Maybe :thumbsup:

The Real Maroonblood

I hope it hammers down on Sunday, then the local will show the Chelsea v Arsenal game. :thumbsup:

Tough.

The USA PGA have pushed this fixture further down the calender to fit in another tournament.

Typical Yanks.

'A cat in a room full of rocking chairs..'

WTF does that mean?

I presume the quote was 'As nervous as...'

Just imagine a cat's tail in a roomful of rocking chairs...

The Old Tolbooth

*cough* *cough*

:whistling:

Everybody loves Baz

Thought you were on the Pat and Mick?

Na mate, meant to be going to see Frankie Boyle Sunday night so the wife and i booked monday off with our works as we didn't know what time show ends.

YAAAAASSSS!!!!

Play to resume at 5pm :thumbsup:

Only going to get till 7pm though.

Sucks.

Sunday singles at the Ryder Cup is unbeatable and we're not going to get it.

Sucks.

Have to agree with you there. I'm so upset about it!

The Mighty Thor

Sucks.

I'll settle for seeing some golf after the huge anti-climax today has been! :thumbsup:

rossthejambo

Got back in time to catch play resuming. Great timing and didn't even need to pull a sicky either.....may have to consider it on Monday though whistling.gif

Walter Bishop

Looks like no Monday play, session 2 is to be 6 x foursome matches, session 3 is to be 4 x fourballs and 2 x foursomes and final session 12 singles. Points available 28, points to win 14 1/2.

Still hoping for Sunday finish. :thumbsup:

shaun.lawson

Got back in time to catch play resuming. Great timing and didn't even need to pull a sicky either.....may have to consider it on Monday though whistling.gif

They're trying to avoid it being extended into Monday. Six foursomes in the second session; two foursomes and four fourballs in the third session; singles on Sunday as usual. It's quite an ask, and will test squad depth more than ever before.

rossthejambo

They're trying to avoid it being extended into Monday. Six foursomes in the second session; two foursomes and four fourballs in the third session; singles on Sunday as usual. It's quite an ask, and will test squad depth more than ever before.

Even better thumbsup.gif

rossthejambo

How boring is Paul Lawrie? :ermm:

I don't think he's that bad. I think it's just he drones a bit. What he actually says isn't that boring.

Honestly can't stand Butch Harmon though.

The Old Tolbooth

Cracking putt by Poulter at the end there, but I feel that Donald will be having a sleepless night as he plays his putt over and over which he left until tomorrow morning.

Harry Palmer

First point for Europe.

They need to do something in the other matches though.

The Old Tolbooth

If Rory and Mcdowell can just sneak the last hole then at least we won't be behind after the first session, come on the Irish lads!

Great putt Rory bak in this one

Magic that was. Swinging fist pump to finish it too. That's what it's all about. Will be an interesting 18th after that.

The Old Tolbooth

Really disappointed in Harrington, he's done absolutely nothing in his match, Casey would have done much better :whistling:

Really disappointed in Harrington, he's done absolutely nothing in his match, Casey would have done much better :whistling:

And Monty reckons the new format, with every player playing every session here in, would give Europe the advantage. Harrington playing like this in the fourballs = a guaranteed point to the US.

The Old Tolbooth

And Monty reckons the new format, with every player playing every session here in, would give Europe the advantage. Harrington playing like this in the fourballs = a guaranteed point to the US.

That's exactly my thinking too, his confidence is shot to pieces and it's quite sad to see, I hope he can nick a birdie or two to give him a bit of a gee up.

foursomes even

Stricker has won this fourball on his own, Woods has been poor again. Will be interested to see what odds you can get on Jimenez/Hanson beating them in the Foursomes.

That's exactly my thinking too, his confidence is shot to pieces and it's quite sad to see, I hope he can nick a birdie or two to give him a bit of a gee up.

At least under the other format, he could be given the day off to work on a few things. Playing with no confidence and then having to play another 2 rounds today will be a nightmare. On the plus side, He is playing against Dustin Johnson/Mickelson who might miss a lot of fairways.

Foursomes predictions

Jimenez/Hanson vs Woods/Stricker - Europe to win with a couple of holes to spare

Molinari/Molinar Vs Z.Johnson/Mahan - Europe to win very close match

Westwood/Kaymer Vs Furyk/Fowler - Europe to win, close match

Harrington/Fisher Vs Mickelson/Johnson - USA to win by the 15th

Poulter/Donald Vs Watson/Overton - USA to win close match

McDowell/McIlroy Vs Cink/Kuchar - A/S

Europe 5 - 5 USA

Archived