The official JKB "RYDER CUP" thread.

Walter Bishop

Aye but when it comes to Casey I reckon he shows a lot more passion than Harrington could ever muster tbh, like I said though I'd love the likeable Irishman to prove me wrong. :thumbsup:

Casey is far up his own arse the only passion he shows is for himself. Harrington though has nothing to prove will prove everyone wrong this week.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Casey is far up his own arse the only passion he shows is for himself. Harrington though has nothing to prove will prove everyone wrong this week.

Pretty unsurprising seeing as golf is predominantly a solo sport. I think in previous Ryder Cup's though that Casey has actually been quite good as a team player and he's very good at matchplay.

Not knocking Harrington's inclusion over him just think it could have easily gone the other way and I doubt anyone would be complaining.

Westwood/Kaymer vs Mickelson/D.Johnson A/S

McIlroy/MacDowell vs Cink/Kuchar Europe 2&1

Poulter/Fisher vs Woods/Stricker USA 1Up

Harrington/Donald Vs Watson/Overton Europe 3&2

Europe 2.5 USA 1.5 :thumbsup:

The Mighty Thor

Just watched the opening ceremony which was quite good, as these things go.

I'd say Europe 3 USA 1 after the opening skirmishes.

Starting to get a little bit excited now.

Hopefully a good first day will set Europe up for delivering another crushing defeat to the Yanks.

C'mon Monty! :thumbsup:

Bump Bump Bump!!! Getting super excited now :D

Hmmmmmmmm. Interesting thoughts.

Westwood/Kaymer vs Mickelson/D.Johnson Europe 2&1

McIlroy/MacDowell vs Cink/Kuchar US win at the last hole

Poulter/Fisher vs Woods/Stricker A/S

Harrington/Donald Vs Watson/Overton Europe 2&1

Europe 2.5 USA 1.5

Game 3 very interesting, think Poults and Ross will give them a run for their money but it could go either way.

C'mon Europe!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

I'm going for 15-13 to Europe - but am worried by the way the US are being written off. They have to be successful in Europe some time again; and apparently, Celtic Manor's been set up just like a US Open or US PGA course, which doesn't bode well.

Westwood/Kaymer vs Mickelson/D.Johnson - A/S

McIlroy/MacDowell vs Cink/Kuchar - EUROPE

Poulter/Fisher vs Woods/Stricker - USA

Harrington/Donald Vs Watson/Overton - EUROPE

Not going to predict scores but will happily predict the outcomes. Think that will be most likely the scores. Think Match 3 will be tight but think Yanks will be too strong.

2.5 - 1.5 not a bad start IMO

Will have to keep up to date online at work and hope to catch the end of the 2nd round of matches. Looking forward to it. thumbsup.gif

I'm going for 15-13 to Europe - but am worried by the way the US are being written off. They have to be successful in Europe some time again; and apparently, Celtic Manor's been set up just like a US Open or US PGA course, which doesn't bode well.

The only thing I write off about the yanks Shaun is their fashion sense. I predict our boys will kick their asses in terms of style. :thumbsup:

I think there'll be a few surprises tomorrow in terms of matches won/lost.

I also think that there'll be a new Ryder Cup legend born over the weekend, possibly someone unexpected.

Anyway, looking forward to Monty booting some fat Yankee Arse. :thumbsup:

Everybody loves Baz

Can't believe Furyk hasn't been picked for the Yanks ???

Just watched the opening ceremony, did anyone else think some of "Team USA" looked surprised when Pavin announced his pairings? It was as if he changed his order/pairings from what had maybe been said before.

I cant see anything other than Europe winning the opening session, Wins in the 1st,2nd and last match with USA sneaking the 3rd.

Cant wait!!!!

Its good that we have the current US Open and US PGA champions on our side though. All European courses are pretty much like this now, couple that with the fact most of our players are regulars on US tour the course wont be an issue.

Westwood/Kaymer vs Mickelson/D.Johnson - A/S

McIlroy/MacDowell vs Cink/Kuchar - EUROPE

Poulter/Fisher vs Woods/Stricker - A/S

Harrington/Donald Vs Watson/Overton - EUROPE

Is my calls for tomorrow, games 2 and 4 should get us to lunch with the minimum of two, the other two are far too tough to call for either side.

2.5-1.5 for Europe in the morning is 5/1 :woot: that's getting my first ?5. Also ?5 on 14-14

I can only assume Furyk is knackered from his win at the weekend? Or maybe thinking about it, the course is going to be really soft tomorrow and JF is the shortest(although most accurate) driver in the US team. Makes sense to use some of the big hitters whilst the course is playing extra long? Watson and Overton both hit it miles. Leave Furyk's accuracy for the more tricky foursomes.

The fact they've Furyk, Mahan and Z Johnson sitting out the first morning, shows that the US isn't as weak as people think. Could potentially be the best and closest Ryder Cup in years.

2.5-1.5 for Europe in the morning is 5/1 :woot: that's getting my first ?5. Also ?5 on 14-14

I can only assume Furyk is knackered from his win at the weekend? Or maybe thinking about it, the course is going to be really soft tomorrow and JF is the shortest(although most accurate) driver in the US team. Makes sense to use some of the big hitters whilst the course is playing extra long? Watson and Overton both hit it miles. Leave Furyk's accuracy for the more tricky foursomes.

The fact they've Furyk, Mahan and Z Johnson sitting out the first morning, shows that the US isn't as weak as people think. Could potentially be the best and closest Ryder Cup in years.

I like the sound of that bet (especially seeing as I've predicted 2.5-1.5 after the morning's play)

Disagree with the second bet though, Europe will win thumbsup.gif

The Old Tolbooth

I really hope your'e right mate :thumbsup:

Anyway, my predictions are

Westwood/Kaymer vs Mickelson/D.Johnson - 7&6

McIlroy/MacDowell vs Cink/Kuchar - 6&5

Poulter/Fisher vs Woods/Stricker - 4&3

Harrington/Donald Vs Watson/Overton - 9&8

Piece o pish! :D

I really hope your'e right mate :thumbsup:

Anyway, my predictions are

Westwood/Kaymer vs Mickelson/D.Johnson - 7&6

McIlroy/MacDowell vs Cink/Kuchar - 6&5

Poulter/Fisher vs Woods/Stricker - 4&3

Piece o pish! :D

:rofl:

:love: it!

ffs Mods I want my rep back this post deserves it! ;)

The Old Tolbooth

:rofl:

:love: it!

ffs Mods I want my rep back this post deserves it! ;)

Ha ha, cheers Kit! :D

I hadn't even noticed it had been taken away to be honest :wacko:

Like your way of thinking has coming round to Harrington to being in the star pairing and easily winning a point to lucky to :thumbsup:

Right although the excitement is building its time to rest up for the main event!

Mon the Europe!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rory's going get ya Rory's going get ya!

Everybody loves Baz

3-1 to Europe this morning, gonna have to record the first 2 hours as i'm off to Chiropractor for a bit.

I've been awake since half 6. I have knots in my stomach like a teenager on a first date. It can only mean one thing. The best sports tournament in the world is about to tee off. C'mon Europe!!!!!

Oh and btw John I think Paddy will! :thumbsup:

The Mighty Thor

Here we go!

The boys are pegging it up and it's 3 days of quality TV for me :thumbsup:

C'mon Yooooorup!

The Mighty Thor

In the tradition of shan Amreican apparel the septics are out in the worst waterproofs i've ever seen. For that alone i hope they get horsed.

Wonder how the afternoon pairings will work out? will he go with Jimenez+Hanson together? or split them between Westwood and Kaymer? I'll take a guess at

Molinari/Molinari vs Furyk/Mahan

Westwood/Jimenez vs Woods/Stricker

Kaymer/Hanson vs Z.Johnson/Kuchar

McIlroy/McDowell vs Mickelson/Fowler

biggest decision is having to drop someone from Harrington/Donald/Poulter/McIlroy/McDowell. Can't see Kaymer being left out this afternoon, and if Westwood will only be left out if he's not 100% fit yet.

rossthejambo

Stupid work, gutted to be missing this today :angry:

Will be glued to BBC for the scores all day I think....I mean working hard :whistling:

Walter Bishop

Butch Harmon "Overton is a fidgety type guy, full of nerves all week and not playing well at all" ..... Overton proceeds to whole an impossible putt from off the green up a 6ft slope!!!!

marshallschunkychicken

Stupid work, gutted to be missing this today :angry:

Will be glued to BBC for the scores all day I think....I mean working hard :whistling:

This.

I happened to glance at all the beers in my fridge this morning, then glanced at the golf starting on the telly - I very nearly pulled a fast one.

rossthejambo

Play suspended, good news for me. Means more chance of me catching some golf when I finish work. :thumbsup:

Walter Bishop

Good start from Europe although Harrington looks the weak link for Europe

How? Because he is level par after 2? I really dont understand the Harrington bashing that is going on!

Everybody loves Baz

Thankfully i saw sense to take Monday off too, Clever boy Baz :thumbsup:

Archived