The official JKB "RYDER CUP" thread.

Walter Bishop

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Harry Palmer

Disagree, jamie.

Still in the balance and could come down to the last 2 matches of the foursomes.

Massive result that for the Yanks, getting a half from Westwood/Kaymer. Last two matches are crucial now, Europe need to at least win one or half both.

The Mighty Thor

McDowell blew the 16th. Tried a ridiculous shot when the yanks were in the crap and lost the hole.

EDIT: Although he's just stiffed it in on 17 :whistling:

Great Putt by Cink. Yanks guaranteed to be leading going into the 3rd session. Set up for a great Sunday as long as the US don't build any big leads in the next couple of hours.

Really don't want this session ending due to lack of daylight. :down:

Just gotta hope we can keep the momentum up in the morning. Some amazing golf out there, I'm completely hooked!

shaun.lawson

I hereby submit, dear Kickbackers, that there is no more gorgeous sound in all of sport than the roar coming from elsewhere on the course when a European holes a huge putt at the Ryder Cup. :thumbsup:

Europe up in all six matches.

Blue is the colour! :thumbsup:

Must be one of the only times I'll ever agree with that statement! :thumbsup:

Europe!!! Europe!!! :D

The Mighty Thor

The break has come at a bad time for us.

We were in the midst of giving them a good rodgering :thumbsup:

Harry Palmer

Tommorow is going to be great. Anyone know what the weather forecast is?

Some rain apparently....

I hereby submit, dear Kickbackers, that there is no more gorgeous sound in all of sport than the roar coming from elsewhere on the course when a European holes a huge putt at the Ryder Cup. :thumbsup:

Here here, glorious stuff.

The Old Tolbooth

The break has come at a bad time for us.

We were in the midst of giving them a good rodgering :thumbsup:

Totally agree, why cant golf courses be floodlit? :D

Superb so far but I cant help but feel the yanks will come back at us tomorrow morning so we need to be on our guard

The atmosphere is amazing, it must be great to be there! Only time golf gets really tribal and the crowds are singing like they would on the terraces!

I love it so much! Gleneagles in 2014? Try and stop me! :D

The Old Tolbooth

The atmosphere is amazing, it must be great to be there! Only time golf gets really tribal and the crowds are singing like they would on the terraces!

How would one go about getting 3 days worth of tickets for such an event?

Hmmmm... Good question! Since I've never been in the position to be able to go I'll need to research that further. By hook or by crook, I will be there!! I'd imagine if you've got the cash it shouldn't be too hard. Have a funny feeling that will be my holiday that year!! I'd love to do it really properly, staying at the hotel etc. That would be bliss!!!!!

Walter Bishop

Its extremely hard, i went into the ballot for this year around 18 months ago and got 1 ticket for the tuesday and thursday practice! Turned them down as it would have been pretty pash leaving before the main event!!!

Its extremely hard, i went into the ballot for this year around 18 months ago and got 1 ticket for the tuesday and thursday practice! Turned them down as it would have been pretty pash leaving before the main event!!!

Really? God!! How depressing :(

What about hospitality packages? Would you need to re-mortgage the house for one?

Walter Bishop

What about hospitality packages? Would you need to re-mortgage the house for one?

Im sure the cost of tickets were around ?40 for practice days and ?60 for competition days, no idea what hospitality prices were. The ballot i was in there were 28,000 tickets available for championship days and millions applied!!

This post is relevant to my interests.

Im sure the cost of tickets were around ?40 for practice days and ?60 for competition days, no idea what hospitality prices were. The ballot i was in there were 28,000 tickets available for championship days and millions applied!!

Yeah gotta agree, practice days don't really cut it when it comes to an event like the Ryder Cup. Had a wee nose around the net, looks like you are talking 1-1.5k for a pampered day out in hospitality! Ouch! It's at times like these you wish you hadn't lost touch with your old flat mate :( sigh.

The Old Tolbooth

I know the very man for that :whistling:

:D

portobellojambo1

Don't do it corporate then. The cost of a premier corporate package (for 1 day's practice plus 3 days of competition at Celtic Manor) for 50 guests was ?260,000, which equates to ?5,200 per head (although that was all in, including food and drink, although champagne was costed as an extra). There was a cheaper option which was available at ?4,400 per head if the premier didn't 't tickle your fancy.

I would imagine corporate facilities at Gleneagles will be a tad more expensive.

Yeah gotta agree, practice days don't really cut it when it comes to an event like the Ryder Cup. Had a wee nose around the net, looks like you are talking 1-1.5k for a pampered day out in hospitality! Ouch! It's at times like these you wish you hadn't lost touch with your old flat mate :( sigh.

With the practise day you are able to take pictures on the course and can sometimes get closer to the players.

Don't do it corporate then. The cost of a premier corporate package (for 1 day's practice plus 3 days of competition at Celtic Manor) for 50 guests was ?260,000, which equates to ?5,200 per head (although that was all in, including food and drink, although champagne was costed as an extra). There was a cheaper option which was available at ?4,400 per head if the premier didn't 't tickle your fancy.

I would imagine corporate facilities at Gleneagles will be a tad more expensive.

Mr Wikipedia :lol:

With the practise day you are able to take pictures on the course and can sometimes get closer to the players.

True been to an open practice round before, but the Ryder Cup? It's all about Friday to Sunday. Oh and PJ1 I had a look on the celtic manor site it's 1k to 1500k doing it individually depending on day.

Looks like I'll be slumming the ballot unless I win the lottery. :( As much as I could probably do it, ffs that's a heck of a lot just for a day of golf.

portobellojambo1

Mr Wikipedia :lol:

Not quite, had a squint on the official website. What surprised me was all the corporate packages were priced at similarly crazy prices but al had been sold out forever and a day (although I assume it is probably something that people might save up for over the period of 4 years from the last time it was here to spread the cost).

Tommorow is going to be great. Anyone know what the weather forecast is?

'king dreadful apparently. Heavy rain tonight and tomorrow morning. With light rain in the afternoon. Could be worse... on the local weather on Friday evening, they were talking about lightening on Sunday. Fortunately, that sort of crazy talk has stopped.

I work in Newport, and the weather yesterday was the worst in years. Apparently the rainfall for the month of October is about 8% above the national average, and they had over a third of October's amount of rain in about twelve hours yesterday.

Harry Palmer

Well, when I win the ?112m on the Euro Lottery next week.... :whistling:

Anyway, hopefully Monty will inspire the troops even more for tomorrow... his namesake hated a Yank.... Patton, although the feeling was mutual.

I'm sure there's little hate in this conflict....except my own perhaps.

FTY! :teehee:

Arrggghhh, I dragged myself out of my pit at daft o'clock on a Sunday morning and there's no play :angry:

Ditto John, I'm boiling!

I hate Wales! :verymad:

Archived