Fitness Thread

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Sweet potatoes are how I've kept my 10 stone frame the last 15 years.

That beard has surely added serious mass?!

Christ on a bike. I didn't realise a comment about sweet potato could cause such a stir.

Maybe you're right, maybe I should've said add sweet potatoes instead of what I did, but I didn't....

Like I also said though, what works for me as part of how I eat, may not work for others...

Snake Plissken

Looks more like a couple of our, ahem, curvier contributors getting a bit touchy to me.

Guest C00l K1d

Looks more like a couple of our, ahem, curvier contributors getting a bit touchy to me.

Is that how you look at us Snake?

Am i the michelle mcmanus of this thread to you aye?

Creepy Lurker

Christ on a bike. I didn't realise a comment about sweet potato could cause such a stir.

Maybe you're right, maybe I should've said add sweet potatoes instead of what I did, but I didn't....

Like I also said though, what works for me as part of how I eat, may not work for others...

In what way does it work for you?

Snake Plissken

Is that how you look at us Snake?

Am i the michelle mcmanus of this thread to you aye?

No, you're the wee kid who hangs around the locker room but doesn't actually do anything.

A sort of mascot.

What? I wasn't waiting on them to say that they weren't carbs. Who even thinks that?

It isn't good advice for people trying to lose weight or for anyone at all. He said to eat sweet potatoes instead of normal potatoes, not to 'add sweet potatoes in'.

If you can explain either what's so bad about normal potatoes that people shouldn't eat them or by what special magic eating sweet potatoes over normal potatoes will aid weight loss that'd be great.

I think I'll keep posting how I choose, btw.

We all agree a balanced diet with a wide variety of veg is the best option.

Let's not argue semantics.

If your "explain why" post wasn't setting up a troll then fine, I'll take back my last post.

In what way does it work for you?

He probably eats a lot of potatoes during his "cheat meals" so swapping them out for sweet potatoes when he is trying to be good widens the variety in his diet, making him feel better.

Perhaps he also finds sweet potatoes less moreish and he's therefore less inclined to overeat if they are on the plate, and maybe that's helping him lose weight?

Creepy Lurker

We all agree a balanced diet with a wide variety of veg is the best option.

Let's not argue semantics.

If your "explain why" post wasn't setting up a troll then fine, I'll take back my last post.

I didn't say that I wasn't setting up a troll post. It's exactly what I was doing; I just didn't expect him to say that sweet potatoes weren't a carb as it hadn't even crossed my mind that anyone might think that.

He probably eats a lot of potatoes during his "cheat meals" so swapping them out for sweet potatoes when he is trying to be good widens the variety in his diet, making him feel better.

Perhaps he also finds sweet potatoes less moreish and he's therefore less inclined to overeat if they are on the plate, and maybe that's helping him lose weight?

'Cheat meals' are stupid and even if he did do that then there'd be no need to arbitrarily cut out every individual ingredient used in them. Especially ones which could in no sense be described as 'unhealthy'.

I don't even think the poster in question's trying to lose weight, but are you basically saying that eating things he doesn't like so much so he doesn't want more would be a good way to do it?

I don't even think the poster in question's trying to lose weight, but are you basically saying that eating things he doesn't like so much so he doesn't want more would be a good way to do it?

That's the exact reason I don't buy Pringles for the house.

My Left Nut

Another session done. Can't believe how unfit I am, to be expected I guess. Blowing out my arse is an understatement!!

Feel good for it though.

Real men have curves.... Or something like that :)

Stuart McNeill

Just had some vanilla whey protein and I'm never having it again. It is absolutely disgusting!

Avoid it like the plaque.

Just had some vanilla whey protein and I'm never having it again. It is absolutely disgusting!

Avoid it like the plaque.

Bit of a strange statement, yes its not enjoyable but its a MUST if you want to gain any muscle or get skinnier.

Theres even been studies that have have shown that not having a protein shake 30-32 minutes after workout means the whole session was basically pointless.

I realise the taste isn't the best mate but you just have to put up with it, I'm afraid.

Stuart McNeill

Bit of a strange statement, yes its not enjoyable but its a MUST if you want to gain any muscle or get skinnier.

Theres even been studies that have have shown that not having a protein shake 30-32 minutes after workout means the whole session was basically pointless.

I realise the taste isn't the best mate but you just have to put up with it, I'm afraid.

Ofcourse I finished it. But I was just saying it was horrible.

The cookies and cream is nice though.

Obviously was a typo =).

That sounds like bollocks to me. Where did you read that?

notsureifserious.jpg

Edited by Ray Gin

Ofcourse I finished it. But I was just saying it was horrible.

The cookies and cream is nice though.

Obviously was a typo =).

The typo was you saying to avoid protein shakes surely?

At the end of the day mate this is a forum were people come for good advice on diets and either gaining muscle or loosing weight, we need to make sure they all realise just how vital protein shakes are. As I say, no results without them and that's a scientific fact.

Creepy Lurker

No shakes = no gains. Don't hate Chrambo, hate the data.

That sounds like bollocks to me. Where did you read that?

notsureifserious.jpg

Seriously, it was the results of a study by BSN the protein shake manufacturers. Those guys know what they are talking about so I took great interest in the article, no reason for them to lie.

No shakes = no gains. Don't hate Chrambo, hate the data.

Its always the same mate, but they never listen then 3 days down the line and they haven't gained any muscle yet and are wondering why not? Cause you missed the protein shakes.

Noobs.

Creepy Lurker

Its always the same mate, but they never listen then 3 days down the line and they haven't gained any muscle yet and are wondering why not? Cause you missed the protein shakes.

Noobs.

Exactly mate. Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, don't nobody wanna drink no protein shakes. If it tastes good don't eat it, sacrifice to win. No pain no gain.

Exactly mate. Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder, don't nobody wanna drink no protein shakes. If it tastes good don't eat it, sacrifice to win. No pain no gain.

Its like me with the pistachio nuts. They have such high levels of protein I just can't miss them out - sure being allergic to nuts causes problems but at the end of the day I have the desire and motivation to weightlift so have to make the sacrifice.

Creepy Lurker

It's like when guys say they want to make gains then you see them eating carbs after 6PM. Enjoy being fat forever mate.

The People's Chimp

Just ate some pasta and had bread earlier. Might as well just sack in the gym now, seems pointless. What do you think guys?

Just ate some pasta and had bread earlier. Might as well just sack in the gym now, seems pointless. What do you think guys?

How many hours ago did you have your last protein shake?

Sten Guns

Chrambo, you're cracking BANTZ that were funny about 50 pages ago.

:muggy:

Edited by Sten Guns

Snake Plissken

Did you just use the term roid rage on consecutive pages, Chrambo?

That's blowjobs-in-a-back-alley-for-coppers levels of desperate chat.

Creepy Lurker

How do you guys find time to post on here when you should be busy cooking your eight meals a day? :muggy:

Oh, a lot of anger in here :lol:

Enjoy your day girls and try to chill out a bit, it's not healthy to be wound up so right.

Been having a slight issue on pushing exercises with a barbell. When I initially make the first motions to push upwards, I get a small pins and needles-like sensation in the palm of my hand where the bar is resting, like it's on a nerve or something. Only lasts a second and I've tried sort of adjusting the position of the bar in my hand but it doesn't feel comfortable. Any one had anything like this before?

Been having a slight issue on pushing exercises with a barbell. When I initially make the first motions to push upwards, I get a small pins and needles-like sensation in the palm of my hand where the bar is resting, like it's on a nerve or something. Only lasts a second and I've tried sort of adjusting the position of the bar in my hand but it doesn't feel comfortable. Any one had anything like this before?

Yep. No idea of the cause or solution I'm afraid.

Creepy Lurker

I've been chasing chickens and running up hills all day but forgot to take videos :( Maybe tomorrow.