Whats the hottest curry you've ever tasted?

Ivan Drago

i can handle a vindaloo , but had a few beverages and decided to try the phall....ate half and gave up......even hotter coming out.....but nothing a cool flush can't cure

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone ever tried Daves Insanity Sauce.

Now THAT is hot.

I nearly lost an eye to that.

Jesus mother of God that stuff is evil !!!!!!!!!!!

Women brought some into work because I was the only one capable of eating the chef's special Madras without breaking sweat! Chucked a huge blob of the sause on a bit pitta and it nearly took my head off !! More like anaesthetic than chilli !!!

From davesgourmet website -

C. INSANITY SAUCE

This is the original hottest sauce in the Universe and our best seller. In fact, it is the only sauce ever banned from the National Fiery Food Show. 5 oz. Heat - Insane +

chester copperpot

Just ordered a chicken tikka phal, will report back once I've had it.

Never had it from the current local takeaway, the guy did ask, 'Are you sure?'

CompleteIdiot

I ate a veggie vindaloo. I was sweating, my eyes were watering and, after a couple of mouthfuls, I had the hiccups.

When you eat something that hot, it just seems to go through you. The body doesn't even want to digest it.

Have tried vindaloo twice.

First time wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

The second time was like eating lava.

chester copperpot

All I can say about that curry was that it was fecking hot, hot, hot.

Had to put it in the fridge, as just couldn't eat it hot, was one of the hottest curry's I've ever had.

Oh yeah, and I loved it, yummy.

CompleteIdiot

Some of that Aloe Vera moist toilet roll might be a good idea. :mw_rolleyes:

Clapham, nineteenseventysomething and total embarrassment. Served me right for showing off in front of a guy who eventually married me. :o

Doctor FinnBarr

:107years:Shengs Chinese in Barrow-in-Furness! Ask for a hot curry and its a complete arseburner! Had one once that turned me into one of those monkeys with the outside in arses. After going for a sh*t, my mrs had to untie my laces because I couldn,t bend down. Fine, woke in the morning, went for another dump and the same thing happened again! Only ate Special Fried Rice for ages afterwards.

Guest GhostHunter

I had a Chicken Tikka Banjara with extra chillis on Saturday night.

I'm still too scared to go to the lav on Monday....

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2iv_E-Fn9E]YouTube - Johnny Cash- Ring of Fire 1968[/ame]

Guest GhostHunter
Something is wrong with that. If I eat a hot curry, it is gone 6-8 hours later.

Gee, ya think

:eek:

:D

There's a toilet somewhere in Glasgow, that's going to get the full bhuna treatment at some point today.....

chester copperpot
Gee, ya think

There's a toilet somewhere in Glasgow, that's going to get the full bhuna treatment at some point today.....

Been up every hour or so during the night, not a nice feeling.

hottest curry was a Thai Jungle curry i had in Koh Phi Phi, lifted me of the pan the next day !

ive posted on another thread re Da Bomb Sauce ive had a bottle for years you just need a wee bit to liven anything up. My mate somehow got some on his bass and was in agony !

http://www.chilliworld.com/SP6.asp?p_id=101

Canny beat the Jaflong in Longstone !!!

For chilli lovers everywhere - try this place - the list of hot sauces is comedy value alone - http://lupepintos.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=14&Itemid=29

They also regularly stock the dorset naga chilli - guaranteed to leave you with an arsehole like the japanese flag - http://www.dorsetnaga.com/ :confused:

Thats another wierd JKB coincidence - im just back in from the Lupe Pintos in Glasgow.

Was tempted to get some of the ridiculously hot sauce, but poofed out :o

The Tabasco Chipotle sauce is quality & not all that hot.

That dorset chilli is just brutal - start of bonanza springs to mind !

the general
For chilli lovers everywhere - try this place - the list of hot sauces is comedy value alone - http://lupepintos.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=14&Itemid=29

They also regularly stock the dorset naga chilli - guaranteed to leave you with an arsehole like the japanese flag - http://www.dorsetnaga.com/ :confused:

the owner is a great guy and deserves any business he gets ... read his mexican travel / recipe books too

Personally it depends on the mood I am in. Sometimes I fancy a reaaly hot one, sometimes a mild one. I probably eat curry 6 or 7 days a week. Even my cook here has problems making it hot enough. They use an African red pepper which they grind and fry. Red hot, but I usually have to put another teaspoonfull into my food. A teaspoon would probably be the equivalent of half a dozen bird's eyes I guess. Scotch Bonnets are good, like them on a salad sandwich but not that easy to come by a lot of time. Some good dishes out in Malaysia/Indonesia where they use sambal. And obviously don't foget wasabi paste from Japan. pretty damn good. And drink milk, not water or beer!!!!!

the owner is a great guy and deserves any business he gets ... read his mexican travel / recipe books too

That was my first visit today but will def be going back, mainly because its the only place i can find that sells root beer :).

Personally it depends on the mood I am in. Sometimes I fancy a reaaly hot one, sometimes a mild one. I probably eat curry 6 or 7 days a week. Even my cook here has problems making it hot enough. They use an African red pepper which they grind and fry. Red hot, but I usually have to put another teaspoonfull into my food. A teaspoon would probably be the equivalent of half a dozen bird's eyes I guess. Scotch Bonnets are good, like them on a salad sandwich but not that easy to come by a lot of time. Some good dishes out in Malaysia/Indonesia where they use sambal. And obviously don't foget wasabi paste from Japan. pretty damn good. And drink milk, not water or beer!!!!!

Is that not practically suicide? :confused:

CompleteIdiot
Gee, ya think

I seriously thought you were suggesting you had guts of steel. ;)

Every time I read this thread I get i the mood for a fecking curry.

Arghhhh gagging on one.

The place in between Stewart Terrace and Robbie Ave (Joy Bangala ?) always used to do a fine lamb madras when I lived in the area back in the days.

The place in between Stewart Terrace and Robbie Ave (Joy Bangala ?) always used to do a fine lamb madras when I lived in the area back in the days.

Had a Madras from there a couple of months back, was not bad but nothing special.

Have just phoned a Madras in from the Clay Oven in Morningside, never tried that place before but heard it's decent. Heres hoping.

Had a Madras from there a couple of months back, was not bad but nothing special.

Have just phoned a Madras in from the Clay Oven in Morningside, never tried that place before but heard it's decent. Heres hoping.

Hello, I'm D-McG and i'm a curryholic :)

Its probably different people there now as I'm going back almost 10 years now.

Never tried the Clay Oven but people used to rave about the Hill Station in Morningside but I never really understood what all the fuss was about tbh.

winston churchill

the phal is a proper bad boy.that said,i once spent xmas day on the bog after a North Indian Chilli Garlic Chicken from the shapla at the top of easter road.

Well whoever recommended the Clay Oven to me (can't mind who it was) deserves a slap in the face.

That curry was gash.

chester copperpot
Well whoever recommended the Clay Oven to me (can't mind who it was) deserves a slap in the face.

That curry was gash.

What d'ya have?

I cannot eat normal chicken in ma currie's now, has to be chicken tikka.

What d'ya have?

I cannot eat normal chicken in ma currie's now, has to be chicken tikka.

Had a chicken madras.

Usually get a Chicken Tikka Dhansak or a Vindaloo depending what mood I'm in.

It wasn't the meat that was that rubbish, it was the sauce, fairly runny and nowhere near spicy enough.

Disappointed.

chester copperpot
Had a chicken madras.

It wasn't the meat that was that rubbish, it was the sauce, fairly runny and nowhere near spicy enough.

Disappointed.

Serves ye right for poofing oot and ordering a Madras.

Had a chicken madras.

Disappointed.

The sauce has to be thick as feck in a curry if you ask me. The only thing that should be runny is yer erse the next day...

BoJack Horseman

Going for a curry tonight. I'm a bit poofy when it comes to an Indian and normally just get a masala for the flavour. I want a hot, good tasting one tonight though. I like a nice creamy sauce I can dip my bread into. Any suggestions?

Going for a curry tonight. I'm a bit poofy when it comes to an Indian and normally just get a masala for the flavour. I want a hot, good tasting one tonight though. I like a nice creamy sauce I can dip my bread into. Any suggestions?

Try a madras.

chester copperpot

Try a South Indian Garlic Chilli chicken.

Magic, though not creamy in any way.

BoJack Horseman
Try a South Indian Garlic Chilli chicken.

Magic, though not creamy in any way.

I don't trust your pallet. It's too hardcore.

Gone for a madras.

chester copperpot
I don't trust your pallet. It's too hardcore.

Gone for a madras.

Its no hot in the slightest mate, you can ask them to make it milder if you prefer it. An absolute must, I'd say a madras was probably that bit hotter than a South indian one, but your choice.

Asian guy at next table from me in Voujon last week had a plate of birds-eyes as a side order.My nose was running just watching him eat them!

chester copperpot
Asian guy at next table from me in Voujon last week had a plate of birds-eyes as a side order.My nose was running just watching him eat them!

Was he just eating them raw.

Now thats hardcore, have eaten chilli's raw before, but never at a restaurant. Didn't realise you could actually do this. Brilliant.

BoJack Horseman

This is pretty tame. Not sure if it's just me, or the curry itself isn't too hot. Full of chillis though. Not man enough to neck them.

chester copperpot
You're all a bunch of weirdos.

Why you would want to do that to yourself is beyond me.

Says the hearts supporter :laugh:

the general

just had an extra hot keema aloo take away from Lazeez on Dalry Road .. superb and probs the most authentic place this side of town

I P Knightley
Had a chicken phal out of St Johns curry house which had 20 green chilli's in it whole which almost melted my fork.

Nice wee bite to it likes ;)

Have heard that this hottest curry in the worlds supposed to be quite hot likes, would'nt mind giving it a bash

It's worse when they slice the chillies for you, the heat seeps out into the food. If you ever get the chance, try the Lamb or Chicken Chilli Massala from Zayka on the South Ealing Road for this particular experience.

I've avoided Vindaloos and Phalls and the like ever since the waiter at the Omar Khayyam, when setting down a selection of such meals before me and the lads said, "I don't know how you can eat that muck."

I then shared a flat with a lad whose parents came over from Bangladesh for 3 weeks and prepare REAL curries for us every night - including Fish Finger curry!

Heat isn't everything. It's not big and it's not clever, boys!

PsychocAndy

Hate currys, but the smell of a curry is just out of this world. I could eat a 3 course meal but if I walk past someone making a curry then I'm instantly hungry again.

ardwick1888
Hate currys, but the smell of a curry is just out of this world. I could eat a 3 course meal but if I walk past someone making a curry then I'm instantly hungry again.

Try rectum ripper hot sauce, it's the bees knees of hot stuff:p

Archived