Whats the hottest curry you've ever tasted?

Ivan Drago

For chilli lovers everywhere - try this place - the list of hot sauces is comedy value alone - http://lupepintos.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=14&Itemid=29

They also regularly stock the dorset naga chilli - guaranteed to leave you with an arsehole like the japanese flag - http://www.dorsetnaga.com/ :confused:

Currently waiting on some naga seeds being delivered, will have them growing in the greenhouse in the next couple of weeks so hopefully around september Gorebridge will become centre of the hot curry universe !!!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chester copperpot
Currently waiting on some naga seeds being delivered, will have them growing in the greenhouse in the next couple of weeks so hopefully around september Gorebridge will become centre of the hot curry universe !!!

Can I be first to place my order with you.

I P Knightley

As mentioned before, I've been there and done that with the super-hot chillies.

With hindsight, though, I reckon it was a youthful, macho bit of bravado and there was no real enjoyment in it and this idea was reinforced by Indian and Bangladeshi friends & acquaintances.

Can I ask out of interest: are those who are in to the tonsil-burners under or over the age of, say, 25? That's probably the age at which my tastes (I like to think) "matured"

ps: "Smack My Ass & Call Me Sally" is on order. Not to be devoured, of course, simply to sit on the shelf for comedy purposes. See, I've not matured entirely!!

chester copperpot
As mentioned before, I've been there and done that with the super-hot chillies.

With hindsight, though, I reckon it was a youthful, macho bit of bravado and there was no real enjoyment in it and this idea was reinforced by Indian and Bangladeshi friends & acquaintances.

Can I ask out of interest: are those who are in to the tonsil-burners under or over the age of, say, 25? That's probably the age at which my tastes (I like to think) "matured"

ps: "Smack My Ass & Call Me Sally" is on order. Not to be devoured, of course, simply to sit on the shelf for comedy purposes. See, I've not matured entirely!!

I am 34, and yet to receive the mature taste buds. Have to admit to being a stereotypical Brit when it comes to ordering food from thje Indians. I will ask the waiter to make the dish 'Extra Hot', and you can see the waiter saying to himself 'Arsehole'.

I have yet to find a dish that is too hot and spicy for me, although one came close in Leeds, it was very very hot. I hate when a vindaloo is just heat, as I like my food to be tasty, as well as spicy. Thats why I mostly order South Indian Garlic Chilli Chicken and ask them to make it to vindaloo or phal strength.

Can I be first to place my order with you.

Too late mate! But I'll add you to the list!! Gonna use some fresh and the rest i'll dry and crush into super hot chilli powder!! Hopefully we will have a trip to inversneckie around september, can picture you steaming drunk in the portland trying to munch your way through the mighty dorset naga !!;)

Pete Seeger

I tend to go pretty hardcore with my Korma and pashwari nan. To be honest i could just eat a massive pile of poppadoms and spiced onions instead. I like Indian food but i can't see the enjoyment in trying to eat a dish. It should be an enjoyment not a task.

chester copperpot

Anyone recommend an Indian in Glasgow. Going out for a meal with the Missus tomorrow night, and have only been to the Kama Sutra in the Weeg, the restaurant is superb, but fancy trying another place for a change.

Cheers

Anyone recommend an Indian in Glasgow. Going out for a meal with the Missus tomorrow night, and have only been to the Kama Sutra in the Weeg, the restaurant is superb, but fancy trying another place for a change.

Cheers

Mr. Singh's

149 Elderslie St., City Center, Glasgow ( Just off sauchiehall st!! )

(0141) 204-0186 or 221-1452

chester copperpot
Mr. Singh's

149 Elderslie St., City Center, Glasgow ( Just off sauchiehall st!! )

(0141) 204-0186 or 221-1452

Is it good aye?

the general

Cheers

or try either of the Wee Curry Shops .... one is in Cowcaddens

deffo worth a try

chester copperpot
or try either of the Wee Curry Shops .... one is in Cowcaddens

deffo worth a try

Cheers, haven't booked anything yet.

The Old Tolbooth
Going for a curry tonight. I'm a bit poofy when it comes to an Indian and normally just get a masala for the flavour. I want a hot, good tasting one tonight though. I like a nice creamy sauce I can dip my bread into. Any suggestions?

Dont we all mate! ;)

chester copperpot
Dont we all mate! ;)

I want a curry noo.

This thread is doing nought for ma diet. only allowed one a week, and have had next months subscription already

The Old Tolbooth
Cheers, haven't booked anything yet.

You enjoyed the curry I made for you that time at mine Andy, although I have to admit to bottling making my portion even half as hot as yours mate, I dunno how the hell you ate that!

chester copperpot
You enjoyed the curry I made for you that time at mine Andy, although I have to admit to bottling making my portion even half as hot as yours mate, I dunno how the hell you ate that!

For a home made effort, it was a beauty mate, really really enjoyed it, even if it was a bit mild for my tastebuds.

Have ordered a cheeky wee curry 5 mins ago too.

The Old Tolbooth
For a home made effort, it was a beauty mate, really really enjoyed it, even if it was a bit mild for my tastebuds.

Have ordered a cheeky wee curry 5 mins ago too.

I'm gonna order one tomorrow night, I've a night in on my own, just me, a few beers, a curry, and pam :)

BoJack Horseman
I'm gonna order one tomorrow night, I've a night in on my own, just me, a few beers, a curry, and pam :)

And her five friends? ;)

chester copperpot
And her five friends? ;)

He means exactly that mate.

Weirdo that he is.

chester copperpot
:D

Needs must!

Yer missus is only oot for a few hours FFS.

John the rabbit strikes again. :)

The Old Tolbooth
Yer missus is only oot for a few hours FFS.

John the rabbit strikes again. :)

All night mate, its a long haul :confused:

chester copperpot

Decided against a meal in the weej, after the OF game.

Probably a wise choice considering.

Decided against a meal in the weej, after the OF game.

Probably a wise choice considering.

My street is usually quiet at night but there's been drunk Huns singing their bigot classics, kicking cars and racially abusing a black guy walking along the other side of the street already tonight.

After OF games, Glasgow is like Basra or something.

chester copperpot
My street is usually quiet at night but there's been drunk Huns singing their bigot classics, kicking cars and racially abusing a black guy walking along the other side of the street already tonight.

After OF games, Glasgow is like Basra or something.

So I chose the right option not going oot into Glasgow tonight then.

Thanks Feck.

So I chose the right option not going oot into Glasgow tonight then.

Thanks Feck.

Yeah man.

I stopped venturing outside after OF games years ago. The idiots just flock to the city centre.

chester copperpot
Yeah man.

I stopped venturing outside after OF games years ago. The idiots just flock to the city centre.

They can get to flock.

Miller Jambo 60
Just in after having a couple of pints after work, and decided to push the boat out on the way home and get a vindaloo. i'm a complete woman when it comes to curry so a vindaloo for me is like giving Satan a rim job in a sauna.

Anyhoo, it got me thinking, whats the hottest curry you;ve ever had?

Made my own one night with lovely pieces of steak.

Went overboard with the curry powder and the sweat was pouring off me eating it.

Cant say ive tasted anything hotter.

Cheers

The Ashoka in Ashton Lane is pretty good, think it mite be the same ppl as Kama Sutra.

Theres a couple o good ones near me, The Village and The Spice Garden.

http://www.villagecurryhouse.co.uk/

http://www.spicegarden.com/

I made a vegetable balti last week, which my brother and Ted said was really nippy, hottest one I've made so far, I must have been bit heavy handed with the chillis, they even went to say that it was good without any meat in it!!!

Made my own one night with lovely pieces of steak.

Went overboard with the curry powder and the sweat was pouring off me eating it.

Cant say ive tasted anything hotter.

Steak????? Curry Power????? Are you sure it was a curry?

chester copperpot
Any good Indian takeaways that will deliver to Silverknowes?

What you in a bunker on the golf course ;)

chester copperpot
Aye, been stuck here 20 mins, nae joy. Gettin a bit peckish.

I just ordered a donner pizza, am disgusted with myself, never had one.

CompleteIdiot
I just ordered a donner pizza, am disgusted with myself, never had one.

You eat some Hellish amount of junk. ;)

The Old Tolbooth
I made a vegetable balti last week, which my brother and Ted said was really nippy, hottest one I've made so far, I must have been bit heavy handed with the chillis, they even went to say that it was good without any meat in it!!!

A curry without meat???:confused:

Thats just plain wrong!

It should be illegal!;)

Archived