Whats the hottest curry you've ever tasted?

Ivan Drago

Just in after having a couple of pints after work, and decided to push the boat out on the way home and get a vindaloo. i'm a complete woman when it comes to curry so a vindaloo for me is like giving Satan a rim job in a sauna.

Anyhoo, it got me thinking, whats the hottest curry you;ve ever had?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just in after having a couple of pints after work, and decided to push the boat out on the way home and get a vindaloo. i'm a complete woman when it comes to curry so a vindaloo for me is like giving Satan a rim job in a sauna.

I like hot curries, but have never tried a vindaloo

I can handle Madras and North Indian Chilli Garlic Chicken fine. Eating whole bird's eye chilli's though is something I have done a couple of times, but that is slightly past my limit

The hottest curry ever though was when me and a mate went to a place in Manchester on the curry mile at about 3 a.m. We were a bit drunk, and asked them what curries they had, and my mate thought the guy said tikka masala but he actually said madras. I said it was ok, as I had eaten them before, so gave him my bhuna. Had one bite of the madras and my mouth was on fire. Had about 3 pints of water, had to go to the toilet every 5 mins to blow my nose, and only managed half of it. It was like they had taken a regular madras and chucked in loads more chillis and spices for a laugh at the end of the night. We also had to walk the rest of the way home as I felt seriously ill and didn't think I could avoid spewing if we were in a taxi!

I like hot curries, but have never tried a vindaloo

I can handle Madras and North Indian Chilli Garlic Chicken fine. Eating whole bird's eye chilli's though is something I have done a couple of times, but that is slightly past my limit

The hottest curry ever though was when me and a mate went to a place in Manchester on the curry mile at about 3 a.m. We were a bit drunk, and asked them what curries they had, and my mate thought the guy said tikka masala but he actually said madras. I said it was ok, as I had eaten them before, so gave him my bhuna. Had one bite of the madras and my mouth was on fire. Had about 3 pints of water, had to go to the toilet every 5 mins to blow my nose, and only managed half of it. It was like they had taken a regular madras and chucked in loads more chillis and spices for a laugh at the end of the night. We also had to walk the rest of the way home as I felt seriously ill and didn't think I could avoid spewing if we were in a taxi!

I'm not entirely sure but i thought Madras was hotter than Vindaloo?

Tried Madras before and had to tap out, just decided to go for Vindaloo coz I had a bit of Dutch Courage.

Bad move.

I'm not entirely sure but i thought Madras was hotter than Vindaloo?

Tried Madras before and had to tap out, just decided to go for Vindaloo coz I had a bit of Dutch Courage.

Bad move.

Depends on the curry place, but Vindaloo should be the hottest available

But there are some places that do one called Phal. Even hotter than a vindaloo, but no danger will I ever eat that!

Boaby Ewing

Depends on the place.

This is going way back but after the first leg of our Airdie Semi-Final I remember going to a place with my Dad and even the Korma was burning, such is the weedge's love of spicy food.

These days, I put tabasco on pasta and pizza, and occasionally chop fresh chillies into the curry I get from the place round the corner from my work (freshly cooked nan, ruby and a coke for just over a fiver... though just once a week so as not to turn into a fat bassa) so it might just have been my junior taste buds.

Hottest thing I've eaten in the last few years was a Somalian meal from an African place in Greenwich. My entire head, including my hair was glistening half way through and I couldn't finish it. Which is a rarety.

I love curry, especially hot ones. Always thought a decent curry house should have a selection of hammocks available for a good lie down after a Vindy.

Anyway here's the outright winner of the coveted Ring Stinger of the Year Award.

Thought I'd hit the heights with a Chicken Phall I once had in Finsbury Park but that was recently trumped by something called a Chicken Volcano that I had the dubious pleasure of ordering in a place in North Hollywood. I should've known what was going to happen when all the waiting staff started hanging around smirking when this steaming cauldron arrived at the table. It was without a shadow of a doubt one of the most evil concoctions I have ever tasted. There was no pleasure in eating it at all as it quite literally seared off any remaining taste buds I might have had. My eyes didn't so much water as produce a flood great enough to sink the Titanic. For show, I soldiered on for about half of it. It lived with me and the rest of my poor family for about a week.

Deeply unpleasant experience.

The Old Tolbooth
Depends on the curry place, but Vindaloo should be the hottest available

But there are some places that do one called Phal. Even hotter than a vindaloo, but no danger will I ever eat that!

A vindaloo aint a patch on phal mate, never had the nuts to try one yet but I've had a vindaloo once and it destroyed me totally!!

I'm waiting on Andy spotting this thread cos that fuggers got asbestos taste buds! Never seen anyone eat chillis and pish like him lol!!!!

Professor.Arturo

I tried a Vindaloo once, many moons ago and never again!!

I kid you not, I was actually crying while eating this bugger, tears running down my face! but I refused to be beaten!

ps. A Vindaloo comes out hotter than it goes in.....just a wee word of warning ;)

Not a good thread to read when ive not had my breakfast.. Used to love very spicy/hot food cant do it now, must be an age thing. :sad:

Prawn vindaloo at the Cavalry Club. Vindaloos are so hot they're inedible, and you can't taste what you'r eeating. Tried it once and never again.

the general

mrs general had the phal recently in the St Johns Curry place in corstorphine - said it was lovely,I can manage a vindaloo but prefer a thai jungle curry

scott herbertson

Visiting my brother at Manchester Uni in the 80's. Post pub Homer Simpson like savoury food decision

Little working men's caff-like place in Moss-side

The names of the curries were on a slideing scale which included Asbestos and Aluminium

The waiters challenged you to go one above your usual

I was shiiiting red for the next hree days and had stomach cramps

christhejambo

Im a big fan of hot curries. Enjoy a Madras, but have had vindaloos and a couple of Phals in the past too.

Biggest mistake was getting the Phal from a place in Livingston, knowing i was playing a round of golf the next morning. Got to about the 3rd hole and had to run (from the knees down, if you know what i mean) back to the clubhouse. The cooling splashback was sheer delight, but tempered with the bog roll they had on offer- which was more like astroturf. :o

Prawn vindaloo at the Cavalry Club. Vindaloos are so hot they're inedible, and you can't taste what you'r eeating. Tried it once and never again.

This vindaloo last night wasnt so bad, it was bloody hot but it wasnt inedible. My brother and my girlfriend both helped out and we managed to finish it - team effort! despite being ultra hot it still had quite a nice taste.

I'll update you all with how hot it is again later on ;)

PS nice avatar :P

Think the top 4 are

1. Phal

2. Ceylon

3. Vindaloo

4. Madras

Usually have the Ceylon when we couple of us from work go to Brittania Spice for lunch which is the hottest on their menu, but have noticed that it also says on the menu that if you can't see your favourite dish then phone in advance and they will get the chef to make it for you! So next time it's gonna have to be the phal !!

Anyone know of anywhere in the city centre that does a phal? Can never see it on the menu!

The hottest thing I've tasted believe it or not was in Wetherspoons in llanelli, a chicken phal which was just impossible to eat, my mate who reckoned he could finish anything no matter how hot lost ?30 in bets.

Curry Capital formally know as The Rupali in Newcastle.

Its Curry Hell dish I am sure was/is in the Guinness Book of Records as the hottest curry ever.

The above was the hottest curry I have ever tried; it was disgusting and impossible to eat and I only had a tea spoon of it ...........

Out of the group of us, two of them were sick about a minute after having a few spoonfuls.

I prefer a curry that actually has some taste as opposed to just venomous heat. A Madras is about as hot as you can get without reaching that stage. If you like your chillies then go for a Jalfrezi instead. Generally I enjoy a Rogan Josh as it ticks most of the boxes for me, or chicken Saag if I can find one.

Still at least now I know what I'm going to have for my tea tonight now.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
This thread reminds me of Shaz - he used to love a curry thread to himself.

Oh please don't. That was all he ever ****ing talked about.

:eek:

I had one called Chicken Findaloo, it was an asda special about 9 years ago, so I gave t a try, boy did I regret that decision. I had about 2 mouthfuls of it, and it made me physically ill. It was the middle of the summer, I was wearing shorts and t-shirt, I was sweating buckets and shivering at the same time. I never finished it!

I had one called Chicken Findaloo, it was an asda special about 9 years ago, so I gave t a try, boy did I regret that decision. I had about 2 mouthfuls of it, and it made me physically ill. It was the middle of the summer, I was wearing shorts and t-shirt, I was sweating buckets and shivering at the same time. I never finished it!

Are you sure it wasn't a fish curry

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I'm a Madras man myself

I went out in Chorley with a mate of mine one night and we ended up getting a curry at the end of the night

I ordered my usual madras and this thing came out and I'm sure it was Chicken in Nitromors! I manages to eat most of the chicken but there was no danger I could eat the sauce.

It was toilet rolls in the fridge next day

Ray Winstone

I really like a hot curry - however my constitution really does not like it.

So usually I just get a cheeky wee Jalfreize as its quite hot - but enjoyable.

loveofthegame

I'm a total gaylord when it comes to hot food....

I love an Indian but its always 'Chicken Korma and a plain naan please' !!

My mates rip me for it but i like it so why knock it! Spicy food just aint for me

The Old Tolbooth
I prefer a curry that actually has some taste as opposed to just venomous heat. A Madras is about as hot as you can get without reaching that stage. If you like your chillies then go for a Jalfrezi instead. Generally I enjoy a Rogan Josh as it ticks most of the boxes for me, or chicken Saag if I can find one.

Still at least now I know what I'm going to have for my tea tonight now.

For pure flavour a lamb Rogan Josh is about as tasty as it gets, and a Jalfrezi aint far behind. You have good taste Tazio :)

Say What Again
My mates rip me for it but i like it so why knock it! Spicy food just aint for me

I don't mind reasonably hot food mate but understand where you're coming from.

When I still stayed with my folks we'd go to the guy upstairs house at some point over the New Year period. Him, my dad and the rest of their mates used to talk (slaver) about the hottest food they'd eaten on their travels and how 'good' it was.

Inevitably it resulted in him putting out piri piri chicken wings he'd made which were - and there's no other adequate description - inedible.

As soon as the chicken went anywhere near your mouth, your mouth lost the sense of taste. It just went on fire. Watching them tucking them away, pretending they were enjoying them was baffling. :confused:

I assumed that sort of stuff stopped when you left the playground. It seems instead that it's part of being male. :(

chester copperpot

I've never had a curry thats too hot.

Tried chicken Phal once, tasted kinda bland.

Had a Tibetan Tsang Ho once, that came close to being hot, nothing else has ever came close to be honest.

Best Curry I've ever had was one from Sizzlers in Rosyth. Chicken Tikka Vindaloo, yummy but still not that hot.

I had a chicken vindaloo in the Cavalry Club once , im not kidding it said on the menu " Gaylords Chicken Vindaloo" so i thought hmmm maybe thats a tamer version so i ordered it :P

I shat my pants after about 3 mouthfulls and had to leave :mad:

ended up having a couple tonight, decided to go for a mild biryani - its still ****ing roasting!!!!

I've never had a curry thats too hot.

Tried chicken Phal once, tasted kinda bland.

Had a Tibetan Tsang Ho once, that came close to being hot, nothing else has ever came close to be honest.

Best Curry I've ever had was one from Sizzlers in Rosyth. Chicken Tikka Vindaloo, yummy but still not that hot.

.. as said already .. you ain't tried the hottest curry in the world (as per the Guinness Book of Records)

:P;)

You would cry ................. ;)

chester copperpot
.. as said already .. you ain't tried the hottest curry in the world (as per the Guinness Book of Records)

Had a chicken phal out of St Johns curry house which had 20 green chilli's in it whole which almost melted my fork.

Nice wee bite to it likes ;)

Have heard that this hottest curry in the worlds supposed to be quite hot likes, would'nt mind giving it a bash

Had a chicken phal out of St Johns curry house which had 20 green chilli's in it whole which almost melted my fork.

Have heard that this hottest curry in the worlds supposed to be quite hot likes, would'nt mind giving it a bash

Head down and try it, if you finish it you get it free ....... ;)

slightly off topic, but there was a thing in the papers a wee while ago about the 'hottest kebab in Glasgow' - been to the place in question and its about as hot as a bottle of Heinze Tomato Sauce. anti climax to say the least.

slightly off topic, but there was a thing in the papers a wee while ago about the 'hottest kebab in Glasgow' - been to the place in question and its about as hot as a bottle of Heinze Tomato Sauce. anti climax to say the least.

I can assure you this place in Newcastle is the hottest I have ever tasted. But as you say it was only the papers, the kebab shop probably paid them to say it ....as per an advert :P.

chester copperpot
I can assure you this place in Newcastle is the hottest I have ever tasted. But as you say it was only the papers, the kebab shop probably paid them to say it ....as per an advert :P.

I remember Callum from Luckies coming out with chips and 'who dares burns' for all his punters.

Probably the hottest chilli sauce Ive ever tasted.

I cried that day trying to be a 'Wido'

Im not a heavy heavy hot food eater but I did have home lamps and what not for growing plants and kind of liked growing stuff. Anyhoo a mate of mine used to grow his own chillis but had to move abroad for work. Anyway I inherited his chilli's various differnt types. One of them was like the famous Simpson Quatamalin chili pepper grown but inmates of a mental asylum. Totally off the chili chart.

So my old boss who I was sharing a flat with in London liked hot food so when the Chili's were fully matured I took them down and said here you go home grown chilis make them into something. So he cooked something up I dunno what it was but he had been touching and cutting chili's.

Hahahaha!! One of the funniest things I ever did see. I got back to the flat and he was lying along the couch with a pint glass of ice water with his little man in the cold water. He had went to the toilet after touching chili's you see. Anyway he was crying like a little baby and I nearly passed out laughing. Tried some of his chili dish but it was too hot for me. It was that oh **** I have eaten Uranium im going to die after my head explodes feeling.

never had worse than a Vindaloo, usually go for a Madras, just hot enough so you can still taste it!

I've had a Chicken Phal as well.

Outrageous. Tanned about 5 beers during eating it, which seemed to make it worse.

I eat Vindaloo quite regularly, piece of pash.

;)

Don't mind palatable hot food, but have tasted one or two which were just painful. Had some sort of beef dish in a new york chinese restaurant. It was ridiculously hot. I managed to get through most of it, with my mate p*ssing himself across the table...made him taste a bit towards the end and he couldn't believe i'd gotten as far as I had!

Also at an indian restaurant down in Newcastle for a stag weekend. They had the 'hottest curry in the world', so ofcourse between the whole table of us we ordered it for comedy value. Literally had a smidge of the sauce hit my tongue and had to give in...was painful!

Archived