***Official Falkirk V Hearts match thread.***

Frankenstein Jambo.

We still canny be taken seriously if we get beat to Falkirk. Aye, the goals are coming but what the point if you have the likes of Barr in defence? Can he be left in Falkirk tonight?

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't catch any of the game due to work, was the red card correct? Was it to blame for our problems or did Falkirk just play well?

As a result, I really am indifferent. I just hope it's not taken too much out the players, a couple of goals for Kyle which is no bad thing, maybe he can carry that to his league form.

The Jambo Janny

Ach its all part and parcel of bein' a jambo just when you think you are on a high the ladder gets knocked away. So we pick ourselves up dust ourselves down and get on with it. And Falkirk have been a bogey team for us in cups before anyway

That game is reminiscent of when we played Dundee up at Dens when JJ was manager and it was a rollercoaster as well.

The defence needs a good looking at as its not working!!

It's a wee cup anyway. Shame after coming back to lose but not the end of the world. Thought Barr and Bouzid were sound on Saturday so don't know what went wrong tonight. Sounds like the officials were bang on again. Ach well. Upwards and onwards.

Diddy cup or no just can't bear thinking about those scumbag Hobos laughing at us out there and that fukwit Pressely's face in the press tomorrow. Also what the press will say about it anyone for another Tynecastle in crisis heading coming up very soon

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Look? at your comment, now back to mine. Now back? at your comment now back to mine. Sadly it isn't mine, but if you stopped talking pish and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down,? back? up, where are you? You're scrolling through? comments, writing the? comment your comment could look like. What did?? you post? Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you? want to hear. Look again the reply is now? diamonds. Anything is? possible when you think before you post.

POST OF THE DECADE.

Genuine LOLLERCOASTER. :rofl:

Look? at your comment, now back to mine. Now back? at your comment now back to mine. Sadly it isn't mine, but if you stopped talking pish and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down,? back? up, where are you? You're scrolling through? comments, writing the? comment your comment could look like. What did?? you post? Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you? want to hear. Look again the reply is now? diamonds. Anything is? possible when you think before you post.

Tremendous :lol:

That is indeed a good comment but you seem to have forgotten one thing...

I'm on a Horse.

ToadKiller Dog

I am more pissed off with how we started the game to get to be 2 down , the comeback was encouraging and to loose last minute is hard ,but we should not have been 2 down to Falkirk . Its not the cup thats Mickey Mouse sounds more like our defence thats Mickey Mouse at this time .

willie wallace

Even allowing for the sending off we should not be conceding 4 goals to a first division side who had only scored 9 in 6 league games this season.

Anyone who thinks we were going to drastically improve in the first season of JJ taking over needs their head read when you take into consideration teh players we are missing.

Playing with 10 men tonight had a massive bearing on the game.

Even allowing for the sending off we should not be conceding 4 goals to a first division side who had only scored 9 in 6 league games this season.

Depending on their defence, 9 goals in 6 games really isn't that bad.

So we lost to Falkirk and we're out of one of the cups. Not the best scenario there ever was but a good show to JJ to tell him which positions we need to improve in and how fast.

I would like to make a suggestion that FROM THIS POINT all HEARTS fans DO NOT comment on this thread. Anyone else is just a f'in hobo mutant :angry:

Shocking first half, best we have played this season second half, sponsors having a laugh if suso was not motm.

Officias shocking, no card with pen? Another stonewaler denied with first handball. 4th officia refusing to see things second half, al the yellows and red and not one bad tackle.

Good hearts support, piss poor home support.

Pressley cn realy gtf with his celebrations running towards the hearts fans when his fans were other direction, suppose that was aimed at vad.

Need to start games ike we did second half.

Johanes de Silentio

Quite simply the finest post I have ever seen on kickback - tremendous! :thumbsup:

Pressley's interview:

Give us massive credit for coming back etc etc.

Then goes on to blab on about concentrating and passing blabady blah...

Didn't really have a dig at us tbh.

Pressley's interview:

Give us massive credit for coming back etc etc.

Then goes on to blab on about concentrating and passing blabady blah...

Didn't really have a dig at us tbh.

All he needed to add was 'warrior poet' and it was job done.

Diddy cup or no just can't bear thinking about those scumbag Hobos laughing at us out there and that fukwit Pressely's face in the press tomorrow. Also what the press will say about it anyone for another Tynecastle in crisis heading coming up very soon

WTF have they got to laugh aboout!? :lol: And who cares anyway! :thumbsup:

There was a complete over-reaction on Saturday, and likewise tonight. We are not fantastic. We are not terrible. We'll be up and down all season but at least we look like we'll score goals, and hopefully we'll get the defence sorted out. Losing to Falkirk isn't brilliant, but surely its positive that the fight is there, and we do have guys to come back (Wallace, Driver, Stephen Elliot, Skacel) who will add competition and improve us further. There's no doubt though in my mind that Barr is not a centre half. We really need a bit of speed & height in the defence.

There was a complete over-reaction on Saturday, and likewise tonight. We are not fantastic. We are not terrible. We'll be up and down all season but at least we look like we'll score goals, and hopefully we'll get the defence sorted out. Losing to Falkirk isn't brilliant, but surely its positive that the fight is there, and we do have guys to come back (Wallace, Driver, Stephen Elliot, Skacel) who will add competition and improve us further. There's no doubt though in my mind that Barr is not a centre half. We really need a bit of speed & height in the defence.

Spot on.

:thumbsup:

Hackney Hearts

Does this remind anyone of that League Cup game at Dens when Henry Smith ruined the penalty shootout.

Was going to post this. 4-4 in the QF exactly 15 years ago - very early in JJ's first spell. I remember he got very animated in the break before extra time and shoved Robbo at one point!

I had endured a nightmare set of planes/trains/automobiles delays on the trip up from London and missed the first 4 goals, and I remember thinking how lucky I'd been to still catch another 4! Then it all turned sour with Henry's ludicrous penalty taking... that was the end for him.

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/199509201.html

absolutely gutted. great recovery from 2 down, pleased that kyle got a double and sounded like we had a great support. conceding 4 goals is terrible, but to concede 4 against a 1st division side is shocking

1 Willie Gibson

But only one of those players are defensive minded. When they all come back....will we be more solid at the back with what we have playiong at the moment? that is where our problems are so far this season.

winston churchill

Pressley cn realy gtf with his celebrations running towards the hearts fans when his fans were other direction, suppose that was aimed at vad.

tosser

But only one of those players are defensive minded. When they all come back....will we be more solid at the back with what we have playiong at the moment? that is where our problems are so far this season.

Exactly, but nobody was complaining when Vlad brought in Skacel, when JJ was after a centre half / left back. Everyone was singing Vlad's praises. Now I am not suggesting Vlad was wrong. Skacel was (and maybe is) a great player, but if the budget is only there to bring in 1, you can maybe see where JJ's frustration may lie with the Skacel signing.

Honestly don't care a jot. Sure it's crap to go out, but at least we scored some goals. That's 6 in two games. When's the last time we could say that?

Pish at the back, sort that out and we'll see a run of victories. Why the hell McGowan isn't given a chance? Hopefully we will see this sooner rather than later.

Mixed feelings about tonight. Gutted to be out, defence is dodgy but we've got a bit fight in us, we're scoring goals (and so are the strikers), Suso seems to be coming on to a game at last and we've still got a number of players to come back in.

Take tonight with the Hamilton and ICT away games. 6 points, 10 goals and out the cup but at least with a fight. Under Csaba, at best, I'd expect 2 points maybe 2 or 3 goals and out the cup with a whimper. I know what I prefer.

Yes we're disappointed but I think there's enough there to be positive about. Glass half full or half empty?

Archived