Ban The Scotsman from Tynecastle

Don Juan

Geoff Kilpatrick

http://sport.scotsma...team.6539026.jp

Blantantly trying to disrupt the harmony of the club. Rag of a paper.

To be fair to Moira Gordon (which I'm not often), the article itself is fair enough. The claim in the headline isn't substantiated by the article, however.

It's still a pisspoor paper. Must remind myself to stop clicking links again.

To be fair to Moira Gordon (which I'm not often), the article itself is fair enough. The claim in the headline isn't substantiated by the article, however.

It's still a pisspoor paper. Must remind myself to stop clicking links again.

Sorry, Geoff, I would go along with the "it was the Sub-Editor" malarky if it wasn't for Moira Gordon's opening paragraph...

Jim Jefferies has warned Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov that it is the manager who will have the final say on team selection. Jefferies reasserted his authority after Rudi Skacel's return to the club this week and said that regardless of how many players are parachuted into his squad, he will be the one deciding the starting line-up.

I listened to the interview with JJ yesterday and he never implied what was stated in the article.

I don't think anyone warns VR.

A pile of shit.

Jefferies knew the score when he came into the job. I'm sure he's pleased to have a player like Rudi as he keeps on saying.

The Scotsman can kiss my big hairy ring.

ToadKiller Dog

I imagine if VR had been warned we would be looking for a new manager .

Another real nothing story rather than concentrate on a solid win the Edinburgh paper looks for cracks in the Edinburgh club .

Is it just not JJ restating what was said at the start when he was appointed he knows there will be players coming in but he will decide who plays ?.

They as said going for the sensational headlines and fast becoming a version of the Sun or ****** just printed on nicer paper .

Guest GhostHunter

There is one comment, that I find out of order

Jefferies also finds the situation far from ideal' date=' but made it abundantly clear that he will not relinquish his autonomy on team selection.

[/quote']

I trust they have the actual quotes from JJ ?

There is one comment, that I find out of order

I trust they have the actual quotes from JJ ?

On the last part they probably have.

We are on our own. Sad when even a paper on our doorstep wants to knife us. Truly, pathetic.

Printed in Glasgow, Edited a short walk from Fester Rd...Hardly our doorstep :rolleyes:

They have been writing this kind of shit for years. I'm sure the only reason the club still entertain them is because they are an easy and convenient route to 'leaking' stories into the press that cover issue too controversial to go on the official site (where every story seems to have a 'feel good' spin as a basic requirement).

The fans should all sign a petition demanding to the club block all media access to the johnston press. This would put pressure on the club to distance their relationship with them and also put pressure on that rag to stop printing such pish in future.

If that wee **** Tom English loses is job as a result then everyone's a winner.

Sorry, Geoff, I would go along with the "it was the Sub-Editor" malarky if it wasn't for Moira Gordon's opening paragraph...

I listened to the interview with JJ yesterday and he never implied what was stated in the article.

A sub-editor can also re-write a reporter's intro (indeed any part of the article). His/her superior will ultimately rubber-stamp such changes.

Why, if the Scotsman has 'quotes' did they not use them then?

You would have to ask them that. However, I believe I've heard Jim state several times on TV that he picks the team.

A sub-editor can also re-write a reporter's intro (indeed any part of the article). His/her superior will ultimately rubber-stamp such changes.

The an experienced sports reporter like Moira Gordon must have been well chuffed if there was somebody else's fingerprints over her article. Again, just goes to show that the Hootsmon has an agenda.

I'm no longer suprised with the bile that The Scotsman prints.

I hold it in the same regard as it's red top pals from the west.

It has attributed quotes from Jim. Who would have thought that the Daily Ranger would have higher journalistic standards than the Hootsman? :unsure:

The thing is, and I believe this has been the case for a long time now, that Hearts fans understand the situation. We may not like everything that goes on but we understand how our club operates when signing players. It's only other clubs fans (Hobos mostly) and journalists that still don't get it.

• the incumbent Hearts manager will be allowed to identify players he wants
  • the Hearts board will bring in players for trial
  • the Hearts board will sign players over the managers head
  • the Hearts manager will have no say in contract negotiations
  • the manager will pick the team
  • the owner will occassionaly ask for certain players to be played or not be played

Like someone said earlier the Celtic board sign far eastern players to sell shirts (because on the whole it's about all these players are good for Nakamura aside) and there is no press hoo-ha about it.

The thing is, and I believe this has been the case for a long time now, that Hearts fans understand the situation. We may not like everything that goes on but we understand how our club operates when signing players. It's only other clubs fans (Hobos mostly) and journalists that still don't get it.

• the incumbent Hearts manager will be allowed to identify players he wants
  • the Hearts board will bring in players for trial
  • the Hearts board will sign players over the managers head
  • the Hearts manager will have no say in contract negotiations
  • the manager will pick the team
  • the owner will occassionaly ask for certain players to be played or not be played

Like someone said earlier the Celtic board sign far eastern players to sell shirts (because on the whole it's about all these players are good for Nakamura aside) and there is no press hoo-ha about it.

Given that the Glasgow-based media's main constituency is the Old Firm (in terms of their readership) they don't do too much to investigate certain matters as they would do with others (ourselves being this particular case in point). If they did, the 'exclusives' from Ibrox and Parkhead would dry up and when the readership cottons on they're not getting as much news from their teams as they used to, they will not read their product - however, the red tops feel confident enough to risk alienating east coast readership as I suspect they feel the real sales figures are in the west. With the Scotsman, I suggest they feel their rugby readership base is their core point given their approach to Edinburgh's football scene.

I believe I've heard Jim state several times on TV that he picks the team.

Me too also. But there is a big difference between JJ saying he picks the team (which he does) to what the Hootsman is implying: that JJ sent a message to Romanov to that effect. Maybe it was a hypothetical message.

mole-hill-and-mole.jpg

Just another attempt at a newspaper/journalist with an agenda to upset the applecart at Hearts.

Thing are going pretty well just now especcially on the field.

They dont like that so they will make stories up or embellish the truth to suit.

They are clearly trying to stir up a hornets nest between VR & JJ.

Pathetic IMO

marshallschunkychicken

Interesting that Jim is saying we tried to sign him in the summer, but it didn't happen. It seems he has had more input into this signing in the long term than the papers would have you believe.

Alternatively, I've misinterpreted what he has said.

Tynecastle Valhalla

the whole thing is so funny.

i agree with all the points made so far, but what a spin to put on a story.

in reality it should focus on the fact that he was tremendous for hearts the first time round and it is a fantastic signing with little to lose. it has and will continue to give the club a huge boost. the source of the signing is not that relevant given his ability.

it's not just the scotsman/EEN. ALL of the scottish football media vipers nest have been absolutely full of horseshit over this. the accusations and the suppositions have come flying in from all directions. all and sundry have been creaming themselves because they detest vladimir romanov... pure and simple. he's never hidden his dislike of them and they're too insular and bitter to be objective about hearts.

it's only a few weeks ago that we were told to think that romanov had scuppered any chance of a skacel transfer with one of his "bizarre rants". fast forward to last week and all you hear is that romanov has forced skacel on JJ. JJ himself is now on record as saying that "we" would have preferred to sign him in the summer... but it will make no difference.

as for a media campaign to disrupt relations between JJ and romanov, if romanov is even interested in reading such drivel i am sure he wont take any notice of unsubstantiated claims of disharmony and will instead only look at the words being directly quoted from JJ.

JJ HAS made it known that he alone will decide who plays and who doesn't. if people have a burning need to describe that as a warning them let them knock themselves out. as far as i'm concerned JJ is asserting his authority over the players. he wants them to know what it will take for them to be selected, skacel especially.

we will probably see a follow up campaign to hound JJ into making tasty comments. it's what they do... it's how they justify their existence. there will never be a similar pursuit of neil lennon over the same issue because it's professional suicide. scottish football is bent and so is the media that obsesses over it. that's life though.

the whole thing is so funny.

i agree with all the points made so far, but what a spin to put on a story.

in reality it should focus on the fact that he was tremendous for hearts the first time round and it is a fantastic signing with little to lose. it has and will continue to give the club a huge boost. the source of the signing is not that relevant given his ability.

So all these responses regarding the article in todays paper suggest the paper should be banned - why? Every paper writes atricles about every team in the SPL, good and bad. Yet again Hearts leave themselves wide open to articles of this sort because of how Hearts do things. How many times has Vlad been found to get involved in team affairs and the papers have reported it. Vlad needs to let the manager do his job and leave well alone. Perhaps Vlad could spend his time working out how to reduce the worst debt of any team in the country that would be far more beneficial to Hearts

Aye, the Hootsmon is cac. I think it only has about 5 staff left! But are the Daily Rectum, Murdoch's scab paper the Skum or the Mail any better?

Maybe we should support more online independent media like Caledonian Mercury or Newsnet Scotland?

Francis Albert

Nice little irony there. An article fretting about possible interference in someone's job written by a journalist who puts her name to an article that can be changed and distorted by others.

So all these responses regarding the article in todays paper suggest the paper should be banned - why? Every paper writes atricles about every team in the SPL, good and bad. Yet again Hearts leave themselves wide open to articles of this sort because of how Hearts do things. How many times has Vlad been found to get involved in team affairs and the papers have reported it. Vlad needs to let the manager do his job and leave well alone. Perhaps Vlad could spend his time working out how to reduce the worst debt of any team in the country that would be far more beneficial to Hearts

Did you bother to read the response comparing the Celtic board signing far east players above the managers head? No negative press. In those circumstances. The debt has nothing to do with the argument and you just decided to bring it into the equation.

Negative articles from the Edinburgh press about hearts and a positive spin on anything to do with hibs is nothing short of bias now. It would take an absolute moron not to notice this.

The Scotsman and the EEN have long since given us up as a target audience when writing about Hearts. Because of the Romanov circus there is much wider interest in our club as a soap opera. Therefore journalists have an interest to keep the soap opera interesting to readers who have no interest in our on-pitch success. This means that they will try to portray conflict (the essence of drama) even when there is little or none.

My issue with the Scotsman is not that they are following this predictable path, (many others are doing so, especially the Glasgow red tops), it is mainly that they are doing it so poorly. There is no insight, no humour and little accuracy in their reporting.

The paper is becoming a national embarrassment. It used to be two pages deep. Now I wouldn't even read those. The front page has long been patheticly childish Tory cheer-leading. The back pages are now as bad. Why it is still pretending to be a broadsheet I don't know.

The annoying thing is that there is a definite market for intelligent SPL journalism. The English papers give us little coverage (and much of it is cut and paste work). Is the Herald the closest thing we have? Not looked at that for a while either.

Where, other than here, do other people go to for their sports reporting?

scots civil war

im sure i heard a jockman advert on the radio recently with the hookline `the grass is allways greener on the other side ` or summat

is it possible that the editor/owner is on some warped out trip in attempting to brainwash punters??

what a crock of shit it all is.....would love to see sales figures of this ******* rag over the past few years

Maybe it's just me with the maroon tints on but the way I see all this is....

Lee Wallace gets a serious injury playing for Scotland.

We are left painfully thin on cover for a comfortable left sided player.

Transfer window is shut until January.

JJ, who I'm sure is in contact with Romanov in some capacity every day, gets that worrying info through to Kaunas.

The owner takes it on board and makes moves to sign a left sided player who is a free agent and elegible to sign. (Has anyone in the media bothered to look at the fact that there may have been no money available from the transfer kitty and this is a special circumstance that Romanov and JJ have identified??

VR does the deal and sends him to JJ at Hearts to boost the cover situation.

All positives as far as I can see and It suggests to me that the manager and the owner are working well together??

Nothing in this at all as far as a power struggle between JJ and VR goes as I see it??

Maybe I would have concerns if VR had punted some left sided noboby from FBK but he went for someone who is known and had/has a bit of pedigree.

The media can put all the spin on it the feckin well like but I don't buy all the pish they spout.

Ok folks we all know whats coming next from the Old Firm/Hobo rags, Tynecastle In Crisis. Its the same year in year out since VR took over and its getting a bit boring, but I suppose it keeps the muppets through the west something to talk about and the hobos something to reflect on other than their own embarrassment of a team and junkie talking manager!

Archived