Ban The Scotsman from Tynecastle

Don Juan

Interesting that Jim is saying we tried to sign him in the summer, but it didn't happen. It seems he has had more input into this signing in the long term than the papers would have you believe.

Alternatively, I've misinterpreted what he has said.

That's the first I've heard this but like you say it would appear that JJ was more keen to bring him here than is being implied.

It's funny how all the media are either ignoring this or at best glossing over it.

In general I find the whole media slant on this laughable.

If they worked as hard at getting and printing the facts as they do in trying to create a story that isn't there then they just might produce an article that would be worth reading.

So all these responses regarding the article in todays paper suggest the paper should be banned - why? Every paper writes atricles about every team in the SPL, good and bad. Yet again Hearts leave themselves wide open to articles of this sort because of how Hearts do things. How many times has Vlad been found to get involved in team affairs and the papers have reported it. Vlad needs to let the manager do his job and leave well alone. Perhaps Vlad could spend his time working out how to reduce the worst debt of any team in the country that would be far more beneficial to Hearts

I could accept it if the paper actually tried to present an article examining the structure of Hearts, how it compares to other European clubs, what the debt means for the day-to-day running of the club and also the long term impact of that debt etc etc etc

As far as I am aware, this rag has NEVER bothered with decent investigative journalism which would involve a joint effort by the sport and business departments and has just lazily re-hashed assumptions, rumours and inaccuracies that have done the rounds for years.

I think it's sad that I read better researched, more amusing and better-constructed comments on here than in a national newspaper and if I was the owner of the paper I would (should!) be asking serious questions of my staff.

I can't seem to find the bit where JJ warns Romanov?

I gave up buying this parochial rag years ago - I read the Times these days - not much better but at least t is impartial

You always take it up with the reporter personally on Thursday at 1pm

The Hootsman on the Sabbath

Might not mean much, and venting ones spleen might be counter-productive but it's there never the less

I'm surprised no one's commented on the title of this "Upcoming Event"!"The Power Struggle at Hearts". What power struggle? Someone within the paper's hierarchy needs to have a word with Ms Gordon, who appears to be making things up as she goes along.

linkin- hearts

I'm surprised no one's commented on the title of this "Upcoming Event"!"The Power Struggle at Hearts". What power struggle? Someone within the paper's hierarchy needs to have a word with Ms Gordon, who appears to be making things up as she goes along.

Maybe Vlad and JJ are locked in battle over who buys the lightbulbs at Tynie?:whistling:

Remember the agenda may be set further up the tree, she may well just be the messenger rather than the originator.

It's not that important that she would need to invoke the spirit of Woodward & Berstein here!

Remember the agenda may be set further up the tree, she may well just be the messenger rather than the originator.

It's not that important that she would need to invoke the spirit of Woodward & Berstein here!

From what I hear Moira would be more deep throat than Woodward and Berstein

From what I hear Moira would be more deep throat than Woodward and Berstein

Ah Ha. You're surely not speaking from a position of personal knowledge of such facts, are you KK? :whistling:

That is clearly a very poor attempt at sh*t stirring. Quite how they've jumped from JJ's (allegedly) miffed comments to there being a "power struggle" I have no idea. I try to avoid the "everyone's out to get us" angle but you really have to wonder sometimes.

I'm sure Bingo had little say in Stokes being sold, and probably isn't too chuffed that he'll probably see barely a penny of the transfer fee to replace him, like pretty much all of their previous few managers when they've sold yet another of their best players to their parent club, the Lithuanian boy they've signed being evidence of that, yet I don't see any similar headlines or discussions about Hibs.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I can't seem to find the bit where JJ warns Romanov?

Because it isn't there.

If JJ, without prompting, says something along the lines of: "The owner needs to realise that I pick the team" then that's a warning. If a journo says asks him "do you still expect to pick the team?" and JJ says "yes", that isn't a warning - it's the obvious answer to a leading question.

The press know the story they're after and they ask the questions that make sure they can run it. Whether it's a fair reflection of what JJ said or meant is a different thing altogether. I could find you countless other examples because it's basically standard practice

Never ceases to amaze me how upset people get at words in an article that nobody forced them to read.

When does the book burning start :ninja:

Howdy Doody Jambo

WTF does Moira Gordon know about football ?

As for the Scotsman / Edinburgh Evening News - Johnston Press a total joke paying of almost it's entire Edinburgh staff in the offices at Holyrood in Barclay House which is almost empty and closed the printing plant on Newhaven Road , so now they print the papers in Glasgow and transport them back through to the Capital in the hope to sell them on the streets of Edinburgh

Never again will i buy any of their titles and would be great if all the Jambos could unite in protest against this bitter twisted anti Hearts rag by doing the same

Total vermin

All Hibbies too should boycott JP titles too if they consider themselves from Edinburgh

I seem to recall the Scottish media laughing at Hearts when we bought "a new team in January" - indeed that's how Radio Scotland started their Thru The Window program just to see how many players Hearts would buy. They also went with the slant about how this was damaging for Scottish football (national team) as up and coming Scottish players wouldn't get a game. Remember the media glee in reporting how many players were on the books at Riccarton?

Now look at the same media reporting on Celtic over the Mowbray & Lennon signings. How many players are on the books at Celtic I wonder? How many Scottish players turned out for Celtic yesterday against Killie?

Newspapers put whatever spin they want on a story. Hearts are 3rd and we still get negative stories. Remember the same paper a year ago when Hibs were in 3rd?

Never ceases to amaze me how upset people get at words in an article that nobody forced them to read.

It bothers me as it is a Scottish paper and read by a good few folk, who will take this nonsense as gospel. Next time i meet an opposition fans you can bet that this article will be the one that is used to mock Hearts and question the current set up. Simpletons take articles like that as gospel.

Archived