Calum Elliott is a f****** goal machine!

Groot

4 goals in 4 games (3starts)

Fingers crossed but are we beginning to see the real Calum?

Lots of effort today albeit needed KK's inteoduvction to bring out the best in him and the goal showed good anticipation and composure

Keep it up young man!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing well and got a good bit of confidence about him now, it's great to see.

Hopefully he can keep it up, well done Calum :thumbsup:

Playing well and got a good bit of confidence about him now, it's great to see.

Hopefully he can keep it up, well done Calum :thumbsup:

It made a difference to his game though when Kyle came on.

I would hope that Jefferies realises that we are better without Black in the middle of the park although we really need another Centre Back and Left Back.

Amazing how 4 games can turn people around. Lets hope he keeps it up, if not the nature of this board will have the posts Clum - GTF again... :whistling:

Amazing how 4 games can turn people around. Lets hope he keeps it up, if not the nature of this board will have the posts Clum - GTF again... :whistling:

That's the nature of the game it's the same with any player in any team if they perform they are loved if not they take abuse.Elliot is now at the age where he needs to man up and be able to take both.I think Kyle has already made a huge impact to Calum though especially in the advice and encouragement he is giving him.

If he can stay fit (and it's a big if), he should be aiming for double figures this season.

Could be a huge season for Calum.

Delighted that he's managed to turn his fortunes around.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

He's a real confidence player. Think he's going to be one of those types that can go months without scoring and then hit a purple patch where everything he touches goes in.

Delighted for him. S Elliott is going to have a real job on his hands getting into the team.

If he can stay fit (and it's a big if), he should be aiming for double figures this season.

Could be a huge season for Calum.

Delighted that he's managed to turn his fortunes around.

JJ's ability to improve our players has been critical for us so far this season.

Great thread.

Still, it won't stop the constant greeting next week.

He's 2 behind heidless chicken.

Well done, Calum. :thumbsup:

RoussetsShorts

Hope he goes out and enjoys himself tonight, that boy has taken a lot of flack and never really deserved it, maybe even get his groove on again, well done callum!!

0.jpg

Hope he goes out and enjoys himself tonight, that boy has taken a lot of flack and never really deserved it, maybe even get his groove on again, well done callum!!

0.jpg

Talk about a back handed compliment. Whats with the picture that you, A **** it I cant be bothered.

I would hope that Jefferies realises that we are better without Black in the middle of the park although we really need another Centre Back and Left Back.

Correct. :thumbsup: Rueben is too slow for a full back, the centre of the defence still looks shakey and nervous and as for Black - simply not enough. <_<

Agree.

Kevin Kyle made the difference when he came on and that helped Clum big time. Clum and Kyle are looking good together and causing problems - I can't wait to get Stephen Elliott back fully fit, and of course with Skacel back in the squad we're finally looking very dangerous in attacking areas.

:thumbsup:

Clue me in please.

I don't know how much clearer I can be.

In the video and above picture Calum is dancing...i.e. getting his groove on.

You are aware of the nickname Billy for our silk footed striker?

Delighted he's doing so well. Fantastic start to the season. I had written him off completely before the start of the season. How wrong was I.

Well done calum

kevinmackenzie14

if levein is pickin players for the scotland squad on form ( kenny millers ) then calum should be in the scotland squad :D hes always had the potential to be good especially for the younger scotland squads

jamboinglasgow

if levein is pickin players for the scotland squad on form ( kenny millers ) then calum should be in the scotland squad :D hes always had the potential to be good especially for the younger scotland squads

interesting point. Kenny Miller has scored 8 goals in 5 games, a goal scoring rate that you cant ignore. Calum Elliot is the second top scorer in the SPL with 4 goals in 4 games (3 starts and a 17 min apperance at Celtic Park.) Nearest Scottish strikers in the SPL have scored only 2 goals, including the nearest young striker Murphy.

In the Premier league, Steven Fletcher has scored an impressive 2 goals in 4 games for Wolves.

In the Championship, Kris Boyd has only scored once in five games, but the second top scorer in the championship is Chris Iwelumo who has scored 5 goals in 6 games so far this season.

So if Craig Levein was to pick the four most in form strikers for the next internationals then he should pick Kenny Miller, Calum Elliot, Steven Fletcher and Chris Iwelumo.

Seymour M Hersh

always said he was a good player who the hearts fans shattered his confidence.

He didn't help himself with his attitude. Fans got on his case (although personally I don't boo individual players) correctly imo. The arrival of KK has made a huge difference to CE. He was never a lone striker.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Yep, well done lad, never ever doubted him for even a second. Injuries aside he is as good as anyone else in the SPL and deserves his praise more thananyone else in the leage when he turns ir around.

Yep, well done lad, never ever doubted him for even a second. Injuries aside he is as good as anyone else in the SPL and deserves his praise more thananyone else in the leage when he turns ir around.

I did, still have reservations he can be consistent, but the longer he proves me wrong the more i'm delighted :thumbsup:

Nah.

Confidnece is sky high, One of these players that it comes down to it is all based on confidence. Long may it continue.

interesting point. Kenny Miller has scored 8 goals in 5 games, a goal scoring rate that you cant ignore. Calum Elliot is the second top scorer in the SPL with 4 goals in 4 games (3 starts and a 17 min apperance at Celtic Park.) Nearest Scottish strikers in the SPL have scored only 2 goals, including the nearest young striker Murphy.

In the Premier league, Steven Fletcher has scored an impressive 2 goals in 4 games for Wolves.

In the Championship, Kris Boyd has only scored once in five games, but the second top scorer in the championship is Chris Iwelumo who has scored 5 goals in 6 games so far this season.

So if Craig Levein was to pick the four most in form strikers for the next internationals then he should pick Kenny Miller, Calum Elliot, Steven Fletcher and Chris Iwelumo.

The top-scorer in the Championship, Jamie Mackie, has indicated he would like to play for Scotland.

Name better then

Miller, Riordan and Stokes.

Get over it DH, it is perfectly okay to be wrong about things sometimes. Calum is a good football player who dances a bit gay.

This may be the case - he still isn't as good as anyone in the SPL.

People are getting a bit carried away here.

He'll never play for Scotland and he's nowhere near the best in the SPL.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I will take the bait DH and AP.

Elliot will out-score Riordan's individuall haul this season.

The only way I will be wrong about that is if Elliot misses too many games through injury... But then that is a different issue.

I will take the bait DH and AP.

Elliot will out-score Riordan's individuall haul this season.

The only way I will be wrong about that is if Elliot misses too many games through injury... But then that is a different issue.

Possibly but Hibs are garbage and I've never really thought much of Riordan.

Why didn't you say Kenny Miller?

Possibly but Hibs are garbage and I've never really thought much of Riordan.

Why didn't you say Kenny Miller?

Or Stokes.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Stokes and miller will get better service than Elliot. I chose the Rat as he was one of the proposed players that were better than him.

Elliot is younger than miller who has had plenty barren spells himself and is more tecnically gifted than Stokes who is a very good poacher. Miller has a similar game to Elliot and both have good movement work-rates and footballing brains.

A fit elliot would score as many as both of them if he had the same number of starts in an OF team.

Stokes and miller will get better service than Elliot. I chose the Rat as he was one of the proposed players that were better than him.

Elliot is younger than miller who has had plenty barren spells himself and is more tecnically gifted than Stokes who is a very good poacher. Miller has a similar game to Elliot and both have good movement work-rates and footballing brains.

A fit elliot would score as many as both of them if he had the same number of starts in an OF team.

I doubt very much if Elliot will ever play for either side of the OF.

Couldn't disagree more tbh. He's an average player who thrives on condfidence and relies on having the right type of player around him (long may it continue). He's been pretty much awful his entire career. You can't say the same of the likes of Miller etc.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

DH,

Missed the point spectacularly.

AP,

All about opinions young man and I think mines is right while yours is wrong but there you go. Elliot's career is at a much earlier stage than Millers and Miller has had plenty times in his career where he was not scoring but he was working hard and providing opportunities for others to score... Interesting that this is a comodity that you were keen to highlight at Hearts, as an important factor in Elliot's resurgance and yet when provided the same sort of assistance to Fletcher at international level in the U21s -albeit in a different way to KK- and you do not see that as an important contribution when it is him doing it. The year Scotland got to the final, elliot was tremendous and he set up and created a bucket-load for others.

Elliot has always been a good player. Some of our fans have been too thick to realise it and can't admit now they were wrong. Anyway keep it up calum.

DH,

Missed the point spectacularly.

AP,

All about opinions young man and I think mines is right while yours is wrong but there you go. Elliot's career is at a much earlier stage than Millers and Miller has had plenty times in his career where he was not scoring but he was working hard and providing opportunities for others to score... Interesting that this is a comodity that you were keen to highlight at Hearts, as an important factor in Elliot's resurgance and yet when provided the same sort of assistance to Fletcher at international level in the U21s -albeit in a different way to KK- and you do not see that as an important contribution when it is him doing it. The year Scotland got to the final, elliot was tremendous and he set up and created a bucket-load for others.

He works hard when he suits him. His attitude is crap a lot of the time.

Anyway, can't argue with 4 in 4 this season and I'm delighted for him. Just don't think he is, or ever will be, one of the best in the SPL.

Archived